Who on Smackdown will get the push they didn't on RAW?

Who will get the push they didn't on RAW?

• Alex Riley

• Tyson Kidd

• Ted DiBiase

• Yoshi Tatsu

• William Regal

• Great Khali

• Daniel Bryan

• Mark Henry

Results are only viewable after voting.

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
Alot of new faces and heels have popped up on Smackdown. Alot who never got a chance to shine on RAW and was held back by other people and/or forgotten. Such as..

Alex Riley
Tyson Kidd
Ted DiBiase
Yoshi Tatsu
William Regal
Great Khali
Daniel Bryan
Mark Henry

Mark Henry seems to getting a huge heel push already, but what for the rest? who will get the biggest push on Smackdown that they lost on RAW?

I think Mark Henry is the obvious answer out of the choices. It looks like he's due for a huge push as a heel and I'm almost certain he'll have a crack at the world title due to his loyalty to the company.

But besides Mark Henry, I'd like to say Alex Riley will be the one who breaks out. I thought he was actually set to win NXT 2 had there not have been any online voting and it was all up the pros. Riley showed a lot of personality and he's decent in the ring. Nothing amazing but solid. I think the reason we haven't seen him get a big push on RAW is because he was always in the Miz's shadow. Hopefully, now that they have been separated, Riley can be booked as a strong midcarder (maybe even hold the US or IC title as I think both are on Smackdown for now) before transitioning into the main event instead of a glorified butler (which he pretty much was on RAW).

Henry should be elevated to main event status as the dominant monster heel who almost breaks backs and bones. Regal just needs to have a feud and match with Bryan because I would love to see the whole master vs apprentice angle. Tyson Kidd needs to just hook right back up with Davey Smith and become The Hart Dynasty again to rescue the tag division. Yoshi and Khali should form a tag team to also help the tag division. Alex Riley must continue his quest on becoming the Biff Tannon of the WWE and pursue IC title gold.

The onne who should get the push is Henry because we need that threatening monster heel to make faces like Orton look like an under dog.

I went with DiBiase here. I know he's failed in pretty much every opportunity he's been given up to this point, but hopefully they'll give him one last shot before they send him packing/permanently to the midcard. They want this guy to succeed so badly, and I think a show focused primarily on wrestling is the place to do it. Think about it, could a guy like Cody Rhodes have gotten over the same way on RAW as they have on SmackDown? They gave him time in the ring, time for promos, and a complete rebranding as a character. I would expect the same for DiBiase moving forward, especially now that him and Maryse are over.

All I know is I wanna see kidd vs bryan and maybe sin cara but I think tyson kidd was moved over to SD 4 a US push so fighting over it with bryan to pick up where they left off could be a good deal. I honestly dont see sheamus holding the title long because now he has to play with the big boys like Christian and Randy so im calling it now somewhere in the near future it's gonna be kidd vs bryan that is if the wwe even still gives a shit about midcard titles. Also on a side note Randy being on SD is a little weird because at this very moment he is highly above everybody on the SD roster like no one outside of Sheamus and maybe Christian or Kane has enough credibility to beat Orton because it just wouldn't look right.

I voted for Mark Henry. The WWE Creative staff finally did something right by moving Henry and turning him heel again. In my mind, he's out of his element as a face without a gimmick. Sure he's the World's Strongest Man, but he was a gentle giant, which apparently in this day in age, every WWE giant has to be gentle. Huge props to whoever suggested turning Mark Henry back into what he should be.

I was hoping you could vote for multiple people, because I would vote for many people on this list. Specifically everyobe on this list except William Regal and The Great Khali. Regal looks like he's going to be retiring from the ring soon, so I see it pointless to move him or even push him. He's fine on NXT. But Khali is a different story. Khali should be getting the same exact treatment as Mark Henry if any at all. Khali was and always will be better as a heel when he didn't talk or wrestle. He's got one of those down right now. Just release him.

This isn't me being a fan boy (although I am a fan) I honestly think it will be Daniel Bryan.

Henry is capable of being a decent heel for a quick feud but his act gets tiresome quickly when put in the spotlight on a consistent basis. His previous main event feuds with Taker and Angle all started off with a bang and were decent up until the first PPV match. After that it got stale because there is only so much you can do with him before it gets redundant. Same goes with Khali.

But Daniel Bryan is already pretty over at the moment and with SD! being the "wrestling" show he'll most likely get to show off on a consistent basis against guys like Rhodes, Cara, Sheamus, and maybe even Christian. We saw with the Miz feud that he can carry a solid feud over multiple PPVs. It's only a matter of time for him in my opinion. He'll be in the midcard for most of the year but when you put on solid matches as consistently as he does it's only a matter of time before the crowd and WWE notices. And based on his stuff from ROH and early Nexus he's fully capable of being a aggressive heel and making it believable.

Mark Henry seems like the obvious answer so I will shy away from that. As long as it is Alex Riley I'm okay with pretty much anyone else. I'm probably in the minority, but I absolutely despise Riley. He just irritates me to no end and I just don't see anything in the kid.

Now onto my actual choice, but I'm gonna go with Ted Dibiase. I know I know he is about as charismatic as Shelton Benjamin at a comedy show. But they obviously saw something in Dibiase last year and that just doesn't diminish just like that. Dibiase has the name and the look and if they can work with his mic working he could be a star. He needs to break out of his shell and become something unique and not just a modern day version of his father. All Ted needs is a little momentum and things can get going for him. Let him get some victories and ease him into the mid card and see where it goes from there.

I know I've said it yesterday, but I see Db getting a push if the WWE does it right. Him plus Regal= a golden chance that might only happen once. I would love to see him as that small wiery technical heel that pulls submissions out of his ass. He is a great technical wrestler and could bring the midcard or the main event back into wrestling focus.

I also see Alex taking over the Midcard heel role here in a few months. I think he will have a few matches with no one special. Maybe a few good matches with Sin Cara. But I see him holding whatever midcard title is on Smackdown. Wade is ready to bump up into the High card and Alex is prime to take over his spot.

Big mark Henry, This is a guy that I'm not really impressed with. But I do think for the time being they will use him as the top heel on Smackdown. I do like him as a heel more than a face, but I've never been a Mark Mark lol.

Of course it going to be Mark Henry cause he is going to be retiring soon so vince is going to give him a World Title run befor he retires. I personally have no problem with it, he has been very loyal to the company and has put many a guy over for the company. Give the guy a WHC run and let him retire and be a road agent or work backstage.

Yeah i feel mark henry will be the first out of that group to get a push due to the way he turned heel on raw last monday and also how his career has got to be winding down soon.

He seems pretty determined to make the most of this push as he has lost alot of weight recently and maybe he knows this is his last big moment as he shed a few tears during his interview monday night.

I definatly feel he could occupy the main event for the next year while the likes of daniel bryan, ted dibiase, alex riley and sin cara find their feet slowly work their way from midcard to main event.

I mean lets face it mark henry is the only one out of all of them i can see winning a world title in the next 6 months, the other 4 just arent ready yet daniel bryan may be in a few title matches but he wont win the world title yet when they have the likes of randy orton, christian, sheamus and wade barret in the main event scene.

You know my first thought was either Mark Henry or Alex Riley. Henry because of his actions on Raw this past week obviously is going to be doing something significant, at the very least a heel turn. Riley because he has paid his dues being Miz's personal bitch and he deserves a shot at shining himself. But no before I selected either of these I thought of Tyson Kidd.

He turned on his tag team partner DH Smith, ending the only legit tag team at the time. He hasnt done much of anything since then, he and DHS didnt even have a great feud or match to end it. But the fact is that Kidd has tons of talent and energy, and with a strong heel push and a proper feud this guy could really come into his own. I see him in the ring being a Kofi Kingston, very dynamic and exciting. His mic work is medeocre at best but with some work and playing him as a heel I think he can improve.
I think it was a mistake to break up the Heart Dynasty as they were the only legit Tag Team but it happened and this is a brilliant oppertunity for Tyson Kidd to get his shot at glory.

My two cents goes to Ted Dibiase!!
SmackDown will push him at least to the rightful mid-card place...

If John Morrison can be a main eventer with only his spot monkey moves and 0 mic skills, Ted Dibiase should be at least a upper mid card!!
Ted has a lot of potential, he only needs one thing, a new gimmick!!
The prodigal son doesnt work, he isnt his father... but he can be better!!

Ted Dibiase has great mic skills, at least an 8/10!
He has a great look 7/10
He can wrestle, and like Cody Rhodes he learned a lot with Randy Orton 7/10

He can be a face or a heel in a blink of an eye, so he is a valuable asset to WWE!!
Make a good storyline with him and Great Khali, a good one that can show is aggressiveness.
Then make him a face, a promo, a simple one, saying that he wants to be loved by us and that we deserve better and he will be better...

After that make a feud that most of people want to see

Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes​

He is a money maker thats for sure!!

I hope that Ted DiBiase and DBD get the push. They both have loads of promise and could do a program together. After that, I would have DBD go to the main event, while DiBiase does a feud against his old Legacy teammate Cody Rhodes for a midcard title.

Beyond that, I would like to see Yoshi Tatsu have a chance to show what he's got, but I don't know how they would do that.

I think character wise they would be wise to keep DiBiase from Cody Rhodes. Cody is on a whole other level that DiBiase cant even fathom at this point. DiBiase is at least a year and a half behind Cody so pairing them up or bringing up any storyline right now would be wrong. Ted needs to find his niche. I think Mark Henry could be given a world title. With veterans like Kane getting world titles, Big Show getting title shots and Christian possibly getting one this sunday, I think Mark deserves it at least for the summer for a little while. How can you not have the Worlds Strongest Man work in your company for over 10 years and never hold at least one world title? I think this is Marks time, but DiBiase has a long ass way to go. Ditch the ringtone music, the money and trust gimmick...They could have him play a gimmick where he loses all of his money and it turns him into a bitter asshole or something like that....Kinda like how Cody lost his good looks, Ted could lose his money and find his own way. He could become a psychotic type character is he were to play it right. I mean wouldnt the rest of us kind of "lose it" if we lost "all that" money that he supposedly has

Alex Riley - Either go all the way to the World title picture after a short Mid title reign or will fall in to future endeavoredness

Tyson Kidd - Multi-Midcard Champion

Ted DiBiase - Midcard/possible future World champ

Yoshi Tatsu - JOBBER

William Regal - Doesnt need a real push, maybe a Mid title but he has already been an announcer, a KotR, a GM, and multiple time IC and tag team Champ

Great Khali - Maybe a small push but i dont see much come out of it

Daniel Bryan - future WHC

Mark Henry - Major SD heel push, then an ultimate fall off

Mark Henry plays Smackdown like a fiddle when he is Heel, so there is no doubt that he will be the big choice here obviously. Seems only interesting when he is the bad guy.

As for my secondary choice, I'm going for Khali. Yes, he isn't that great, but he did put on a clinic when he debut in the business, and if he stays away from ******ed comedy stints then I really think he can do something to the equivalent of regaining the World title. Smackdown is meant for building stars up. Khali was chopping down Taker while on The Blue Show, so I think they can rebuild him. They have the technology. Get him back to that intimidating guy, maybe play the direct opposite of Henry, and just maybe we can get something out of him.

My two cents anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back