Which superstar should get a push on Raw, ECW, and SmackDown?

LikeABoss13

Occasional Pre-Show
I know probably alot of people do this thread already, but this one is different because it wants to know who you think should get the push on Raw, ECW, and SmackDown. Here is the 3 superstars that I think should get the push if they haven't or have already and why I chose these superstars.

Raw
On Raw, it's were the real superstars get to shine there talent on the A show and it shows to Vince if they are able to handle the pressure of being on top. The superstar I chose is Evan Bourne because he is very talented, the fans really like him, he can the Shooting Star Press perfectly, and he has somewhat good mic skills. Give him a couple of years and he will be World Heavyweight Champion and putting on 5-star matches with the likes of Jeff Hardy if he stays around a little bit longer.

ECW
ECW is the C show and it is basically like Sunday Night Heat or Velocity. The superstar I chose is Ezekiel Jackson because he could become a major heel in the future, he just got to work on his mic skills and his wrestling ability. If he puts alot of effort in it he will become big in WWE.

SmackDown
SmackDown is a B show, but lately it's been to me an A show and that is excellent for them. The superstar I chose is John Morrison because he out of the whole SmackDown roster at the moment is really showing how much he wants to be the top star in the business. I give him the rest of the year and part of next year and he will be big. He has good mic skills, can do unbelievable things in the ring, he has sick high-flying moves, and he works out good.

Reactions: E7
ECW - the new superstar initiative: i want to see WWE push all of these newcomers, out of every so many newcomers a handful will become good, and a select few of the good will become great

RAW - Jack Swagger: may be a bit to soon right now but hone his mic skills a bit more coupled with his current mat skills and he will become a major heel force to be reckoned with

SMACKDOWN - i agree with John Morrison: young, charismatic, a physique i would kill for, been on a major roll lately and has quite a few very impressive wins under his belt, back when he first became ECW champ he wasnt ready, give it 6 more months and he will be ready for main event status on smackdown

Raw - Ted DiBiase Jr. needs to be pushed. They're starting to do it slowly, which is good, but they need not drag their feet on it. He's got the chance to be a great draw for the company. Just get him out of Orton's shadow, turn him face and put him in a program with Orton.

Smackdown - Again, John Morrison seems to be the prevailing guy here in need of a big push. I don't see the Shawn Michaels comparisons people keep throwing out there, but Morrison's proved himself to be a good worker. He's pretty good on the mic and very athletic. He's got a ways to go if he wants to live up to HBK's character, but he's got a great upside.

ECW - Being as this show has become less about "extreme" and more about developing young talent, just about anyone here can benefit from a good push. The New Talent Initiative guys are at the top of my list.

Raw- I want to see even bourne and mvp to get a push on raw. Evan bourne is excited to watch and has the skills to move up the ranks to become a wwe champion...I'll give him at least 2 years and he will be there. MVP is also very talented on the mic and in the ring. The creative team just needs to use him better as a face or even turn him heel.

ECW- well since ecw is pretty much the show where new wrestlers show off their skills then I really hope they all do good. but I would like to see shelton benjamin to get a push. This man has been in the wwe for a good while and held the ic,us and tag team belts. its time for him to move up and get a world title shot. I was impress with his victory over christian this past week and I feel he's finna get the push he deserves. Then he can go back to either smackdown or raw and compete on main event cards.

Smackdown- For smackdown its a sure thing that their getting john morrison and dolph ziggler a push which is cool. Another person I would like to see get a push is R-Truth..He has excellent mic skills...showing it when he faced chris jericho a few weeks ago..and is really funny with that skit he did last week. The only thing he needs to work on is his in ring skills. Come up with some more high flying moves. It's like the main thing i see in ever match is his scissors kick, and spinning elbow and thats it. I give him at least 1 year and he'll be in main events.

Raw
On Raw, the main event is so crowded with older guys, that they're going to have to start pushing some guys eventually. At the top of my list would be Kofi. I'm a huge Kofi mark for some reason, and I love watching him in the ring. Sure, he has the US Championship right now, but he hasn't really done anything with it, and it looks as though he is in a program with Big Show right now, which I don't think will be that entertaining. I'd love to see them give Kofi some mic time and see if he could do anything with it, and see if he can start wrestling some Raw main events. I know he won't be in the main event anytime soon, but seeing him get a push would be pretty cool and entertaining.

SmackDown
This would be more of a collective push, but I'd push the Hart Dynasty. I was really liking the way the Tag Title situation was playing out with Jericho and Edge, but now thats done, and rather than giving the titles to Legacy, which I'm sure they'll do in the near future, I'd like to see them give the titles to the Hart Dynasty. It could help showcase Kidd and Smith on all three brands, giving them more exposure, and helping to get them more over in the long run. They're both talented guys, and I think a push with the tag titles could bring more respect to the division and their individual careers.

ECW
This may sound stupid, but I am really enjoying Goldust right now. He is not the same character as he was when he debuted many years ago, but I still enjoy him. While not the greatest worker, his persona just interests me, and I think he could contend for the ECW title with the proper push, and they could reward the guy for all the work he has done with the company over the years even with the stupid gimmicks he has had.

Well, I have the superstars page up right now for each brand so that I can make a good post so (also I'm under the impression that push in this case means being pushed as a title holder):

For RAW, the face that pops out to me is M.V.P.. I don't really enjoy his matches, but I still liked that small taste of M.V.P. Push that I saw right before the Kennedy debacle. He came out and gave a good promo and the crowd was with him 100%. I don't know, maybe I was too excited and got caught up in the fact that someone gave him a chance to shine. Plus, his name's not Randy Orton, Batista, Triple H or John Cena so that's always deserving of a push in my book.

For SmackDown!...I think they have the right people pushed for the Heavyweight title, but for the IC title it's a little different. For that belt, I have to say either Tyson Kidd or Charlie Hass. I like both of them for their wrestling styles and I think they would be good fits for A) holding the belt and B) pulling out a good match with Rey.

For ECW (my favorite show out of all 3), I want to see a LOT of people pushed. Yoshi Tatsu first because, well, because he's Japanese. He can wrestle...he came out of the womb and arm dragged the doctor. I NEED to see Yoshi Tatsu vs. William Regal. Next in line would be Zack Ryder because he's doing so well with all of his matches. I'm always entertained and every week you can hear more and more people in the crowd going, "Woo Woo WOO", so he must be getting over. Lastly, Regal, the man is always hard-hitting and is (I think) the best legit wrestler on the ECW roster now that Finlay is gone. He could take the ECW title, be a giant heel and have great matches. Regal vs. Tatsu is my ECW Title PPV dream match.

Raw Its got to be MVP. If anyone on the raw roster is ready for the big time it is MVP. He can talk with the best and he can wrestle with them too. For me right now his gimmick is too childish and he needs to pick up a little bit of swagger in himself before Main Eventing but that shouldn't take too much time.

Honarable Mention Jack Swagger-Does anyone else see the "Next Big Thing" going on here

Smackdown My choice of show. Everyone says Morrison is the next one to go big but really, what has he been doing lately? He just has random matches with people. Thats why my choice is DOLPH ZIGGLER. He can talk, he can walk, and he has the perfect theme song. I see him going places

Honarable Mention R-Truth aka Pretty Ricky aka Delcious- I dont know if creative is high on crack or anything but this guy is over like the cow is over the moon he needs a IC title run to earn some "street cred" and hopefully WWE will give him the oppurtunity

ECW Entertaining as hell if you ask me. Sure its not "extreme" anymore but they have an army of young superstars ready to make it big. However my choice still has to be Christian. It seems like he's hit the glass sealing a million times and still the WWE will not give him the push to the main event. I mean what else does he have to do. He's done it all in this business and if he doesn't win the WWE or WHC soon, it will be a shame.

Honorable Mention Sheamus- This guy may be a little too pale for me but he is still one of my favorite young prospects. Hopefully he can be more then just the standard big guy heel. Anyone interested in a heel irish stable(Finlay, Sheamus, Horny)?

Raw: Has got to be ted dibease jr, he been on tha roster over a year an they got him jobbin for tha main eventers. i think wit talent like that vince should give this guy a shot atleast. i think there tryin make evoultion 2 wit these guys but jus like eva otha failed team to come back dey wont be shit bc they cnt top wut hhh, flair, batista an orton diid.

ECW: has got to be shelton benjamin this kid been around jus as long as cena, he was on sunday night heat whn cena was jobbin for kurt angle on thursday nigth, shelton should have took angle place whn he left but wwe drop tha ball with that, any body surprised?

Smackdown: Natalya Neidhart No dout This girl is tha next trish. if dey would put more into her give her a good push she will be tha best "Diva" in wwe.

RAW: THE Brian Kendrick should get a push. He's been out for a while and the last time I saw him is when he was trying to find a tag partner. I still wish he stuck with Jamie Noble and have both of them doing something. I wouldn't mind him in the U.S. Title hunt because thats basically a push for him.

Smackdown!:3 Dolph Ziggler. He's got great Charisma , mic skills, and good in the ring. I hope he wins against Rey and that'll really boost his career. Him and Morrison will the be future of SMackdown come next year.

ECW: WOO WOO WOO you know it! Zack Ryder should get a push. He has some good mic skills and a sick finisher. His theme pumps me up when i hear it. All he has to do is change his finisher name (Zack Attack). It sounds to cheesy.

This is another great Thred .. Wow there have been some good ones today .. Now 3 WWE Superstars that I think should get a push one from each brand here we go .

RAW : Jamie Noble I know your all thinking why so here is why we's a great worker a solid technichan and he just as "it" ...

SmackDown : hmmmmm I would say Jesse a.k.a. Jezzy a.k.a Slim J it''s a cool gimmick it's funny and I think fans really like it , plus he is a good worker and very talented .

WWECW : William Regal becasue he brings the old school mix to WWECW much like The Late Great Eddie Guererro , "Iceman" Deam Malenko , "Lionheart" Chris Jericho did in the original ECW it would create a good mix between hardcore and wrestling if Regal got a run with the WWECW Championship .

Weel fans those are my picks for 3 Superstars that should get a push PEACE 7 LOVE 2 every 1 :)

RAW:- Hmm that is a hard one but I am all for The Brian Kendrick getting a push!

Smackdown- Totally John Morrison! Dude is great on the mic and a great wrestler.

ECW- I agree with Rated R SuperFan William Regal. He has great mic skills and has always been a great heal back to his Blue Blood days in WCW.

Raw- MVP. The guy's held mid card titles, has the ability to cut pretty good promos, and can work in the ring too. He's had pretty good feuds with benoit and hardy. The only thing left for him is to get pushed into the main event scene. I'd like to see Swagger get pushed too, just think he needs a little more time. Maybe a US title run before entering the main event.

Smackdown-Morrison is already getting pushed into the main event, so i'll go with Ziggler. He can talk and is entertaining to watch, although he probably needs a few more feuds with other mid carders first.

ECW-Sheamus. Just because he's kinda different and seems to have skills.

Raw- Jamie Noble. yeah, i said it. i think he's pretty cool on the mic and really talented in the ring

Smackdown!- matt hardy. he's probably already going to get one, but he truly deserves one

ECW- Shelton Benjamin. i know they've given him many chances, but he's on the show that matt hardy was world champ. maybe he'll turn his career around..again

Raw - Im going with Santino. Its sports entertainment and he is by far the most entertaining person on the show

Smackdown - I think Ziggler is going to get pushed and being as its in the process im not going to go with him. Im gonna go with Mike Knox cause I think he is ridiuclously talented for someone of his size he is also agile. Every move he hits makes it seem like it hurts and personally I think it they had him shave the beard and handed him a mic he could show that he could be a big star

ECW - For starters I think if Lo Ki isnt brought up immediately when healthy its the biggest mistake in the "talent initiative". If I had to pick someone its Helms. The man is the most underrated person on any roster. His comedy is gold his mic skills are fantastic and his in ring work is top 5 on any show

Raw- Kofi Kingston jus wait til wwe lets this man develop an edge

Smackdown- Dolph friggin Ziggler..if u stop being n awe of Morrisons flips for a minute you'll probably c who smackdowns really pushin rite now [no disrespect I luv Morrison matches]

ECW- even tho I don't watch it ima go with Shelton because he's so underrated and all they really need to do is give him a manager and he'll b gold; hence the gold standard

Raw; Evan bourne is absolutely overrated I can't believe that people pop for that guy. Everyone raves about his shooting star press...but it's about the only entertaining thing he does. He's gonna be in the mid-card for his entire career. AJ Styles destroys Bourne on like every front maybe besides mic skills. MVP is another one who just can't get over with the crowd. He's painfully slow in the ring too. The Miz is NOT awesome -- all he did was cut a promo that a lot of the IWC agrees with. The all american american is your next face of the company and brand. He looks sure as hell goofy but he's a beast that learns quick. HORRIBLE mic skills -- worse than Jeff Hardy mic skills. But I'm sure WWE will figure that problem out. So JACK SWAGGER. Some may say Rhodes or Dibase -- they got their push and rub and it's gone basically no where. They're not unusually good wrestlers and they both BLOW on the mic.

SD!; Morrison & Ziggler are getting the push which I'm totally fine with. I think Morrison gets too much love -- he's not that great of a wrestler, he's just an acrobat. Ziggler is a great seller, a lot of energy, and mat wrestles pretty well. I'd like to see Tyson Kidd get a push, but I'm pretty sure cause Vince is an idiot it'll be D.H. Smith instead.

"E"CW: I guess I wanna say who really cares? Sheamus O'Shaunessy probably will get a push as time goes on. Kozlov is getting it now, and I think that's just a waste. He's horrible and can't cut any sort of promo. I think the guy who probably most deserves it would be like Zack Ryder because he's been around for about a minute and he's at least entertaining -- Tommy Dreamer, Kozlov, Regal (though he's a good technical wrestler), are not at all.

ok for raw deff has to ted JR....get him away from rhodes and orton and let the million dollar man start the career of his son!

smackdown either r-truth or morrision

ecw i would like to see william regal get a nice little run with the belt seeing he has been in the wwe for god knows how long n hasnt ever won a top belt n seeing the ecw title is that brands top belt let him have it...him n christian could have some good matches

in response to multiple of these posts i have a few more things to say regarding this:
1. RAW - i definitely see SWAGGER as the next big thing
2. RAW - i also agree with its about time for an MVP push
3. SMACKDOWN - i did choose MORRISON but ZIGGLER is a close second
4. SMACKDOWN - TRUTH should definitely get an IC title run, maybe even, MIZ
5. ECW - KOZLOV needs a push he did better on SMACKDOWN
6. ECW - Christian has had an instant push since he came to ECW he would do better on SMACKDOWN

Raw: MVP and Swagger are becoming stars in their own unique way. I can see these two feuding over a world title soon, it just needs some more heel heat from swagger. I guess they can't make him too much of a heel yet because there's legacy who are filling that role.

Smackdown: The Truth! I was quite surprised hearing some of you guys saying he deserves a push, but I agree. I know ziggler has it all but I just can't get into his character. I'd like to see a feud with Morrison (have him turn heel) but I don't think that will happen. I would love for him to have a big heel push and end up feuding with taker'.

ECW: I'm a big fan of the new talent. Shelton Benjamin deserves a push, but even if he gets the title he'll still go back to mid card feuds on raw/smackdown. That's why i'll choose Zack Ryder, he looks like he learn a few things from the Rated R Superstar.

Honorable mentions to Kofi, and Carlito.

ECW: Shelton Benjamin is a great performer in the ring. He's a freak athlete with a perfect body. Getting people to beleve he's a unstoppable force would not be to hard. His mic skills are weak, but so are "the Vipers"...not to mention Jeff Hardys. Put the ECW title on him and let him hold it for a while, he'd be the gold standard.

Smackdown:I can't beleive I'm about to write this because I'm not a fan of his but....Kane. There's not alot af stars on Smackdown that he could have a classic fued with, but on Raw he would be sweet. No stupid stories about how he killed somebody, setting people on fire or people from his past. Just pounding on people. Intense and intimidating.

Raw:Jack Swagger has been getting pushed since 20 minutes before he was born. Keep it going. Good on the mic, Brute strength, raw talent, and natural charisma. All the makings of a great heel champion for years to come....I really don't care who it is from Raw as long as they quit jamming Cena, Orton and HHH on us.

First off great thread LikeABoss13.

Now, for the people who I think need pushed, I can think of a couple for each brand.

RAW- First, we have the All-American American, The Next Big Thing (in my opinion), Jack Swagger. He has it all. He is good on the mic, and can deliver very good promos. He plays that cocky, jock, heel type very very good. He has an awesome look, he just has, well, THE look. He looks the character he plays, and he looks like a future world champion at first glance, at least to me. He is a quite amazing talent in the ring, and his background gives him some credibility. He is definetly one of the best wrestlers in the WWE today. I've seen him put on some great matches, and has the possibility to some day go down in history with the names Angle, Benoit, Flair, Milenko, Guerrero, and others for his awesome technical wrestling ability. Overall, Swagger is the complete package (new nickname?) for a professional wrestler and needs to be pushed to the moon.

The Brian Kendrick is the next one. Don't let this talented young man's size fool you, He has the ability and the charisma to be a future champion, IC at the least. I'm not going to say he will be a champion, as I just like to let things happen and see, but he definetly has the chance, and I daresay he has more chance than Evan Bourne, because I think he has a more extensive wrestling ability than Evan Bourne, although I'm not counting Bourne out, who gets an honorable mention for somebody needing a push. But, yes, behind Swagger, Kendrick is probably the next best mid-card below talent on RAW at this point, and if he isn't he is definitly in the top five. The kid drips charisma more than Razor Ramon's hair dripped oil, and from what I have heard from him he is pretty good on the mic. His wrestling ability speaks for itself, but I'll talk about it anyway. Aside from the normal cruiserweight moves most men his size use to get over, he has technical ability also and puts on great matches. And he has the perfect gimmick, it just fits him so well, he just plays it greatly. And within a couple of years, I'd enjoy seeing him as U.S. Champion while Jack Swagger holds the World Title.

SD!- John Morrison is the standout right here. This man is great on the mic, I really enjoy hearing him speak. Now I haven't seen him lately, but if he doesn't, throwing in some Doors references during his promo's would truly have me marking out. Regardless of that though, the young man is still great on the mic. He has amazing charisma, and a good gimmick. He works it better as a heel, but either way it's good and his charisma always shines through. He has a body that 99% of men would kill for. And his in-ring talent is just so amazing. He has talent I've only see a select few times, and that's from people like Shawn Michaels and Edge. They need to start pushing him right now, having him pick up the IC Title at SummerSlam or Breaking Point, letting him keep it until somewhere around Judgement Day, defending it regularly, including at Wrestlemania. He can then start challenging for the World Title, winning it at SummerSlam 2010.

ECW- Goldust. Not today's Goldust, but the Attitude Era Goldust, I know it'd be kind of risky during the PG Era, but you could just use innuendos and tease with his orientation. It would be controversial, it would get over, and it would fit the ECW name, in a way at least. Not to mention this guy is entertaining in the ring, a good worker, and has gave a lot to the company, so he deserves the push. The ECW Title would be nice for him when Dreamer's run ends, because he isn't quite big enough for the main titles, at least not yet. He is good on the mic, and over with the fans, he needs this.

Zack Ryder- He is seeming to get over, he is good on the mic, and his in-ring skills seem to be good, and he plays the clubbing, d-bag gimmick to a T. He makes fans hate him, which is important for a good heel. I think a fued with Goldust would be nice and those two flamboyant personalities would work together well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back