Who ends up the World Champion after Survivor Series?

The fans will turn on Reigns if he wins the tournament and WWE know this. WWE fans hate predictability. So if he wins he does it by turning heel....probably on Ambrose.

WWE could throw us a curveball though and go for someone completely different. I remember when Angle turned up on Smackdown and won that Battle Royal for the belt. If Sting is good to go after his injury, fuck it, have him win the tournament.

That will bring the viewers back...

I just listened to CSR on the WZ front page, and LaBar makes a very good point. You NEED a #1 heel. Sure, it could be Ambrose v. Reigns with Ambrose losing. But, how about this:

Survivor Series Main Event is Owens vs. Reigns. Dean Ambrose comes out to the announce table to support his friend Reigns. Reigns and Owens are killing each other in the ring. Ambrose comes to the ring, and Owens kicks Ambrose down! OH NO! The referee is down! Reigns has Owens where he wants him for the Spear and the WWE Championship. Wait! Is that the Authority on the ramp? AMbrose steps into the ring, and offers to help Reigns finish off Owens. WHAT?!? Ambrose hits Reigns with Dirty Deeds! Ambrose dives out of the ring! The referee comes to. Owens crawls over Reigns! NO! NOT THIS WAY! NO! (Ding, Ding, Ding). LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOUR WINNER AND THE NEWWW WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, KEVIN OWENS! Ownes celebrates in the ring when Trips and Steph enter the ring offering congratulations. Dean Ambrose also comes into the ring, and shakes the hands of Trips, Steph, and Owens. They all raise their hands in voictory, while Roman Reigns is seething in the corner at the betrayal from his friend.

What do people think about a scenario like that?

.... or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold?

Y'know, that's the first thing that occurred to me after reading of Seth Rollins injury and forfeiture of the title belt. Instead of trying to play everything safe, I think WWE Creative is currently working overtime, looking to throw everything + the kitchen sink at its fans in the excitement of this month's events.

Maybe it will be Daniel. Do I think the company would declare him healthy and ready to go if he really isn't? No, I don't, but I believe they'll push the envelope as far as they can if they think there's any chance at all Daniel could appear.......be placed in whatever type of multi-man match they can devise between now and Survivor Series......and have him win it all.

Now, do I believe that's what will actually happen?

No.

At this point, it's too early to tell what they're going to come up with, especially if it's to be something wild.

I would go with HHH. Let Cesaro reach the finals and follow up his semi match with Reigns v. [Insert easily influenced heel here]. Have the heel find a way to take out Reigns either by double countout or injury leaving no main event. When Cesaro comes out to get the title have HHH insert himself in to the tournament so the "fans get a proper main event". He can them beat Cesaro and set off a feud for December.

This is all assuming HHH is healthy enough to compete and continue to compete until he can drop the title in the future (he was basically on an on screen vacation this time last year). I highly doubt any of this would happen but it is better than the other predictable stuff that has been thrown out (Reigns wins, Reigns wins Sheamus cashes, Authority screws Reigns, Reigns joins The Authority).

I don't want Sheamus to win the title at all. But I have an interesting question- what if Sheamus comes out on RAW and just cashes in? If there's no champion, and Sheamus decides to cash in, does that mean he's awarded the championship? Again, I don't want to see Sheamus as champion, but I actually think that might be a decent way of gaining heat. Then he goes one on one with Reigns at Survivor Series and drops the strap, and we never have to see Sheamus in the main event again.

As for who will actually win, I have no idea. Everybody that is really over is either hurt or away otherwise. They should just bring Daniel Bryan back and let him defend it for a little while before dropping it to someone else. Because at least if Bryan returns, he'll be over. I like Roman Reigns, but I would hold off just a little while longer before crowning him champion. And as for everybody else- none of them, and I mean absolutely none of them that are full time are really, truly over enough to carry the title. Unless we get a surprise Undertaker or Brock Lesnar victory, we're in for a low-profile champion. Because nobody is really on that level as far as being World Champion goes.

You know what, screw it- Triple H for champion!

IF Bryan is fit and they have just been stalling, then they bring him back... The night itself can be the tryout in a sense and they can adjust the end accordingly. If he makes it through the 3 matches fine, he wins the title and just the ending of the night changes... if he has problems during the night, then they end it a different way...

Bryan wins the title and Sheamus cashes in regardless, hoping to emulate his Mania win... If Bryan has handled the night fine, then he repels the challenge and gets super over again, avenging the loss at Mania in 18 seconds... If not, then he loses again to Sheamus...but with an excuse.

As of right now and if the alleged creative plans that've been reported are accurate, then I'd say it's all but guaranteed that Roman Reigns will be the next champ.

Various reports allege that the plan was for Reigns to be champion heading into WrestleMania next year with he and Rollins scheduled to main event Survivor Series and TLC. My bet is that Reigns would've won at Survivor Series, retained the title against Rollins in a TLC rematch and would head into WrestleMania as champ. For the most part, I'd say they'll stick with the plan and put the strap on Reigns and have him hold the title until, at least, WrestleMania.

There's a possibility of Bryan returning, being something of a surprise that WWE officials are keeping very, very close to the vest in a similar way to what was done with Del Rio. Bryan's been doing promotional work for WWE abroad for a while now, there's been no mention of him, and a return at Survivor Series would generate a lot of buzz. The problem is, as has been mentioned, WWE has to have genuine concerns regarding Bryan in the long term and they're justifiable concerns. There's no more denying how over Bryan is with fans, it's been obvious for close to two years that his popularity is second to none on the roster, but that popularity means little to nothing if wrestling a very physical style his entire adult life has begun catching up to him.

There's a very short list of names I'd want to see take Seth's place at the moment.

The performers I love haven't been built to take the belt, and I hate to admit it. While I really want certain people to be champion someday, it doesn't seem like Survivor Series would be the right time.

The people who I feel should logically get the spot would be in no particular order:
Roman Reigns
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker
Alberto Del Rio

That's not to say that the WWE wouldn't make one of my favorites a surprise winner, I personally prefer it when the show makes sense.

Of the names I've mentioned as making the most amount of sense, my sixth sense is telling me that a returning John Cena will get the belt in a finish that involves finally getting a win over Brock Lesnar. It's not what I want per se, it's my best answer to the question of "Who ends up the World Champion after Survivor Series?"

IF Bryan is fit and they have just been stalling, then they bring him back... The night itself can be the tryout in a sense and they can adjust the end accordingly. If he makes it through the 3 matches fine, he wins the title and just the ending of the night changes... if he has problems during the night, then they end it a different way.

I'm one of the biggest Daniel Bryan marks alive, but I'm not liking the idea of Daniel Bryan just coming back and becoming champion.

A big part of what makes Daniel Bryan work for me is the arduous journey he always has to take to reach the top. It would be too much too soon for me to see Daniel Bryan just race through a series of matches and be a surprise World Champion.

Everyone who's being groomed for the top spot aren't anywhere near being on my list of favorite performers, but Survivor Series has turned into a PPV focused on damage control. At least with this development they can just get someone's championship aspirations over with if only to get them to shut up about it.

Probably Roman Reigns, so he and WWE brass can smile into the camera and ignore him being booed out of the building for a few months.

As of right now and if the alleged creative plans that've been reported are accurate, then I'd say it's all but guaranteed that Roman Reigns will be the next champ.

There's a possibility of Bryan returning, being something of a surprise that WWE officials are keeping very, very close to the vest in a similar way to what was done with Del Rio. Bryan's been doing promotional work for WWE abroad for a while now, there's been no mention of him, and a return at Survivor Series would generate a lot of buzz. The problem is, as has been mentioned, WWE has to have genuine concerns regarding Bryan in the long term and they're justifiable concerns. There's no more denying how over Bryan is with fans, it's been obvious for close to two years that his popularity is second to none on the roster, but that popularity means little to nothing if wrestling a very physical style his entire adult life has begun catching up to him.

I agree with you that it will probably be Reigns, I do have a problem with Daniel Bryan coming back.

First of all we have no idea if the guy is healthy enough or not. Then there comes the question of what title should he be going for. He was basically stripped of two titles, the WHC and the IC, so he could ask for a rematch for either of them.

He's been out for a long time, and while the fans and the YES movement would be back in full swing, it would hinder someone like a Roman Reigns winning the title. The backlash would be fierce. If they are going to bring back Bryan then leave it till after the Rumble. Let Reigns have a few months as champ, don't have another Rumble fiasco like we've had for the last two years, and he'll be back just in time for Mania.

The question then becomes, how the hell with all these injuries are they going to sell out Cowboy Stadium with just Cena, Reigns, Bryan and Lesnar as the main event picture going in.

Triple H.

Yes, Roman can win the tournament, but then Triple H can come out and sarcastically say that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap. Reigns, completely fatigued and exhausted from having already two or three matches that night, falls victim to the almighty Pedigree and thus he becomes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I would do this to keep the belt warm for either when Seth Rollins returns or until he finds a decent enough replacement for him as "The Man"

I think we can all agree that Reigns will never be the face of the company, (at least not in his current character) but he CAN still be a legitimate main event star, and since Triple H is a GOAT heel when he wants to be, there's no better person for Roman to go over than Triple H. Reigns would be booed against guys like Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, and even a heel Dean Ambrose. Hell, he'd even be the least popular guy in a Shield triple threat. But against Triple H, a match they've been wanting to do since last year and have never gotten the chance to yet, I can see him being cheered by the majority on that one. And he might get cheered against Cena as well, but who wants to see Cena win the title again anyway?

How nice would it be for Bray Wyatt or Kevin Owens to walk out as the champion? No one would see it coming and it would open up so much fresh ideas and materials, and Roman can have his road to WM run and capture the gold then who cares. Just for now would be nice.

I am hoping for a Roman Reigns HEEL turn and WIN thanks to help from the Authority similar to 1998 Deadly Games Survivor Series with the Rock.

Give him a Bye because he is the #1 contender, then have him cost Dean Ambrose a match or get help from HHH and turn Heel. Reigns is already getting Boo'd, let's use it to his advantage and make him HEEL and keep Ambrose top face.

My question is who takes the Gillberg role in this tournament? I vote a returning Yoshi Tatsu (If he's not still injured)

OK, seriously, this is the wrong time to have Sheamus cash in. He has become irrelevant lately, and will just seem as a desperation cash in. Let him and Barrett build up steam as a tag team, and when they reach the peak, allow him to cash in as they are holding tag gold and Rusev is IC or US champ.

I honestly think that Ambrose or Reigns is best. Ambrose vs Reigns final is best for business. Authority interference, helping either one, will greatly benefit either one. Instant heel turn, and helps rejuvenate the stagnant authority. Side Note: I have stated in previous threads the need to end the Authority, however now we need it to continue with a brand new heel superstar due to injuries and leave of absenses

Ok so I feel like the 16 man tournament is the way to go, with the Wyatts vs Taker/Kane/whoever and the Divas Title match as other undercard matches.

Who the 16 men end up being doesn't matter, though one of them I think should be Daniel Bryan. Final four should be Bryan vs Reigns and Cena vs Ambrose.

Reigns wins because of count out or someone costs Bryan the match somehow, maybe Sheamus. Reigns looks pissed he won that way, but advances to the finals nonetheless. Ambrose beats Cena clean and the finals is Ambrose vs Reigns. Finish shows Trips giving Reigns the win, thus aligning Reigns with the Authority. Sheamus attempts to cash in but the Authority prevents it. This sets up Reigns vs Ambrose for the next few months, with Ambrose winning the title at some point (ala Foley vs Rock in 1998/1999). Bryan feuds with whoever costs him the match with Reigns and wins the rumble (finally). Reigns vs Bryan at Wrestlemania with Bryan as the big face and Reigns as the big heel. Bryan wins, loses the title before Summerslam, and Rollins comes back for Summerslam to challenge Reigns. Rollins as the face this time and Reigns as heel.

I think it really boils down to Ambrose and Reigns, as many people have mentioned.

Wyatt is tied up with Brothers of Destruction, and I don't see how that story-line collides with World Title picture (although I think Bray as champ is best option--I would love to see the family running roughshod over WWE).

Sheamus has briefcase, so they'll keep him away from the title picture right now. I wouldn't burn the briefcase in this situation. It can be used as an out in case whatever they do here doesn't work.

Owens and Del Rio are too fresh in their role of IC and US champs, respectively.

Ziggler and Ryback aren't legit enough, ditto for Cesaro. Daniel Bryan is absolutely not happening. He's been given a few opportunities, only to get injured. Need to be realistic. Cena and Lesnar are gone for the short-term. Who else is there, really?

If they go the boring route, it'll be Reigns over Owens, Del Rio, or Big Show in the tournament finals.

If they go the exciting route, we'll see an Ambrose/Reigns final, with the winner turning heel in order to get the title. An Ambrose/Reigns feud would have enough juice to last us to Rumble for sure.

Who I want and who will most likely win are two different categories. Who I want to win are either Cesaro, Kevin Owens or Wade Barrett. Who will most likely win are either Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose.

I think that it's a huge waste to give it to someone up and coming, since tournament title reigns are generally pretty illogical, and the booking is cheap. There's no heat if the guy didn't win it from someone, so logic states that it almost completely has to go to a heel.

Shock the whole place and have James Storm come up and get it, for all I care.

Also, just to clear something up, while it's possible ot have Reigns or Ambrose come out and start shitting on the local sports teams on Raw, it's really really really lazy writing to turn someone heel in 2 weeks in order to get a matchup that's easy to book.

If I was booking this I would have Bray Wayat take the strap. He has a good following, he has been booked as the new face of fear and he has the "any one but you Roman " thing going. You would have your heel champ with a strong faction that will help him hold the title and he already has the built in fued going with the #1 contender Reigns. I know they are suppose to be building towards something with the Wyatts against the Undertaker/Kane angle but since nothing of substance has hit TV building the team of Taker and Kane verses the Wyatts there is time to shift gears. Hell you could even swerve the whole angle and have Taker and Kane align with the Wyatts and the Old face of fear passes the torch to the New face of fear. You could have Reigns chase the strap and possibly have to go threw the Wyatt family to win the Rumble and get his shot at Bray at Mania.
This senerio gives you the heel champ, keeps Shamus at bay in the shadows still poised to be the spoiler, it gives a little more time to build Reigns with a pay off at Mania and places a strong faction in the limelight while the major stars are on the shelf healing up.
But that's just how I would book it. The possibilities are still wide open on what path WWE will go down.

The guy who SHOULD be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion is Dolph Ziggler. Despite WWE trying as hard as they can to bury him, he's still insanely over, to the point where with Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton both injured, Ziggler is neck and neck with Dean Ambrose for the top babyface spot in the company, to where it basically just matters which city they're in. Ziggler is one of the best workers in the company, oozes charisma, and can work a great match with anybody. Unfortunately, thanks to Vince's hatred of him and WWE labeling him as "injury-prone" because he got hurt once, he's too far down the card for most small-minded casual fans to accept him winning the title.

The guy who WILL be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion? I still think it will be Roman Reigns winning the title, but Sheamus will cash in and beat him for it, prolonging the inevitable horror of Roman's reign for a little while longer.

The guy who SHOULD be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion is Dolph Ziggler. Despite WWE trying as hard as they can to bury him, he's still insanely over, to the point where with Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton both injured, Ziggler is neck and neck with Dean Ambrose for the top babyface spot in the company, to where it basically just matters which city they're in. Ziggler is one of the best workers in the company, oozes charisma, and can work a great match with anybody. Unfortunately, thanks to Vince's hatred of him and WWE labeling him as "injury-prone" because he got hurt once, he's too far down the card for most small-minded casual fans to accept him winning the title.

The guy who WILL be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion? I still think it will be Roman Reigns winning the title, but Sheamus will cash in and beat him for it, prolonging the inevitable horror of Roman's reign for a little while longer.

They had their chance to push Ziggler to the top after last years SS when he was the sole survivor. There must be something about him that you are seeing and the WWE aren't.

I don't hate Ziggler, but I find all of his matches are the same. He flops around like dead fish for most of the time, then puts up some offense. The love triangle between him and Lana and Rusev and Summer Rae, didn't do wonders for his career. It was quite honestly one of the most ill conceived feuds they've had in recent memory. It was horrible.

Not only did it take Rusev down a few pegs, it took everyone down with him. Now he's involved in another feud with Tyler Breeze which doesn't look much better. Ziggler is stuck firmly in the mid card and I don't see him going anywhere above it. He might contend for the US or IC title in future, but can't see him with any chance at the WHC. There are other in the way like Reigns, Owens, Ambrose to name just a few.

...what if Sheamus comes out on RAW and just cashes in? If there's no champion, and Sheamus decides to cash in, does that mean he's awarded the championship?

That is an interesting question and my answer would be......no. He's not awarded the title because if there's no champion on whom to cash in, there can't be a title change.

I don't want Sheamus to win the title at all.

Me, either. Not so much because he lacks ability, but because he hasn't been booked as a wrestler who's headed toward the world title. He's lost too many times to be a true contender and he's been wallowing on the midcard since he got back from a long hiatus. That's not the way to book a fella who is championship-bound. When reading rumors a few months ago that he was headed for a title win, we were looking for something different from him.....and when we didn't get it, I figured the push was canceled, at least for the time being.

To put it another way, could you get behind a world champion at whom the fans are continually shouting: 'You look stupid?'

The guy who SHOULD be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion is Dolph Ziggler. Despite WWE trying as hard as they can to bury him, he's still insanely over, to the point where with Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton both injured, Ziggler is neck and neck with Dean Ambrose for the top babyface spot in the company, to where it basically just matters which city they're in. Ziggler is one of the best workers in the company, oozes charisma, and can ywork a great match with anybody. Unfortunately, thanks to Vince's hatred of him and WWE labeling him as "injury-prone" because he got hurt once, he's too far down the card for most small-minded casual fans to accept him winning the title.

I would've agreed with this a year ago when Ziggler was the hero of Survivor Series - The return of Sting -
Now, he's just right back where he was before that PPV. Right dead center of the card. The Rusev feud made it even worse for the guy. If WWE gave Ziggler main event time and treated the guy like the next Shawn Michael's he'd be having main event classics and wearing the WWE Championship. But somebody in creative or the higher powers doesn't exactly like the guy that much. So there he is, caught in a dumb feud with Rusev. Hopefully his feud with Breeze can amp both wrestlers up and refresh Zigglers current stale state.

Triple H.

Yes, Roman can win the tournament, but then Triple H can come out and sarcastically say that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap.

Triple H, huh? Honestly, I never even thought of him, but now that it's been brought up, I wonder how far the 'Desperate situations require desperate measures' adage extends in WWE nowadays.

Would it be that surprising if Vince McMahon told Paul Levesque at the time he stopped being an active performer and began his career in management: 'Keep yourself in reasonable shape......just in case."

Well, Triple H done done that. In fact, it's been recently reported he dropped some weight and is feeling pretty good. Would he take on an active role until Seth Rollins gets back and banishes Trips back to his corporate office?

I think he could do it.....and of course, he can have the writers fix things so he spends more time yelling at people in the ring than wrestling them so his body doesn't suffer extensive punishment.

I still say the big burden of replacing Rollins is going to fall on Roman Reigns, but if management doesn't feel he's ready, Triple H would be a mighty fine go-to guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back