Who ends up the World Champion after Survivor Series?

LascoX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now that it is official that there will be a new champion after survivor series who are we going to see as the champion on Raw the next night? Will Roman Reigns finally get the strap? Could we see Alberto Delrio step up and take the gold again Could Taker or Kane step out of the shadows and walk away with the belt? Do they put the strap on Kevin Owens and let him have a run with it or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold? Could Brey Wyatt take the strap and use his family to retain the gold or at the end of the night will Shamus play the spoiler and cash in and walk away with the prize?
The point is that the field is wide open right now and anything could happen. What do you think is the most likely senerio that will transpire at SS and who shows up on Raw on Monday with the strap?

Likely it will be Roman Reigns but if Daniel Bryan ever gets cleared
he'll be the perfect choice.

All logic points to Roman Reigns...or maybe even Dean Ambrose.

They could the surprise of 2015 and have Undertaker win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt for the 5th time, 8th World Title total.

I'm hoping it's the long shot, either Chris Jericho or Kurt Angle.

Will Roman Reigns finally get the strap? Could we see Alberto Delrio step up and take the gold again Could Taker or Kane step out of the shadows and walk away with the belt? Do they put the strap on Kevin Owens and let him have a run with it or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold? Could Brey Wyatt take the strap and use his family to retain the gold or at the end of the night will Shamus play the spoiler and cash in and walk away with the prize?
ok....first let me eliminate a few people. Del Rio makes little sense. he just won the US title and to have him run with the World title wouldn't do the US title much good. i think they should push Del Rio as the US Champion, possibly even having his own version of the title........Kane and Undertaker make very little sense, one's a part time wrestler and the other one is past his prime and shouldn't hold the title........i would love to see Bray holding the title, but i doubt he wins it. my guess is that he'll feud with Taker and Kane and could be screwed out of the tournament early due to Kane or Undertaker.......and finally, Kevin Owens (as much as i am a huge fan of his), won't win the championship, just yet. my guess is that his title run will come sometime when HE wins Money in the Bank.....so that leaves 3 people on your list. Daniel Bryan would be the BEST choice for the title run, but i doubt highly he even will be in it.....so that leaves Reigns and Sheamus and those are my top two choices with Dean Ambrose also involved in the decision. my hope is that Bryan returns and wins it, but i HIGHLY doubt it, so my 2nd choice is for Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns to win it.

I think the smart choice is to finally put it on Roman by turning him heel. I really think this could make for amazing television. Think about this for the coming months

Reigns vs Ambrose is the main event of Survivor series (assuming the tournament brings it down to 2 guys at SS) (If they have more than 2 guys i'm assuming Reigns and Ambrose will be apart of it)

Have The Authority ringside to see who will be the next guy to grab the strap because their "chosen one" is out.

Reigns has some sort of underhanded plot with Triple H planned out where if it looks like Dean is about to win, Triple H slides in the Sledgehammer for Roman to use while Triple H distracts the ref and Roman knocks Dean with it to turn heel and capture the belt. (He's already being booed right? Why not turn him heel and use the boos to their advantage)

Let Reigns hold it until Seth Rollins can return, they can show vignettes showing Rollins training to heal up, get stronger, get better to hype the fans that he might be returning soon. Then have Seth return (to which i'm sure the crowd will erupt for him to come back) to feud with The new Authority led by Roman Reigns and he can get the strap back after some chasing.

And for anyone saying "Roman's not ready, he sucks on the mic"
Sure his mic skills are lack luster, but so is Lesnars and people love him because Heyman does a great job and building him. So we can have Triple H be Reigns' mouth piece and build him up, and Reigns is solid in the ring so I have no problems there.

That's how I would play out SS and after (I know it's more than you asked for but I felt like sharing my idea lol)

Odds are, the Undertaker/Kane (+2) vs Wyatt Foursome will still take place, probably between the semi-final matches and the final championship match on the card. So, those guys will likely not be involved in the tournament, which probably will just be 8 guys.

Reigns and Ambrose will both be in it. Probably Owens and Del Rio as well, as they were both in the 4-Way and are solid heels. I'd add Ziggler as well, but he might be tied up with Breeze, and, actually, Del Rio might be tied up with Swagger, unless they really want to just throw those guys in as well to make first round matches, Del Rio/Swagger and Ziggler/Breeze. Ambrose could face Owens and Reigns could face an eighth guy to round things out.

Reigns beats the TBD guy, probably Big Show. Ambrose goes over Owens. Del Rio over Swagger, and maybe Breeze over Ziggler.

Reigns over Del Rio. Ambrose over Breeze.

That sets up Reigns and Ambrose in finals. Reigns is the given. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make it that far. Ambrose is a little iffy, but judging that he really is the second pick of so many people to make it that far, how involved he is with Reigns, and the small hints of a heel turn, I can see the story unfolding in his favor. However, if they really want Reigns to win, they could just push one of the heels, Owens, Del Rio, or even Sheamus, through over Ambrose to get Roman a better face reaction.

This is Survivor Series though, and everyone is expecting a screwy finish to this tournament, much like everyone was expecting a screwy finish to Reigns/Rollins anyway. Some have been suggesting the Authority screws Ambrose, in the event of Ambrose/Reigns in finals, a match where Ambrose will likely be cheered at least in a 60/40 majority, and backs Roman Reigns to win his first WWE title. Much like 1998, we have a new, fresh, heel champion, and a big babyface in Ambrose to chase him.

However, the inverse is also possible. Assume the same match, but Ambrose turns instead. He sells out to win gold, citing jealousy of Roman's success, and Reigns remains the babyface to chase Ambrose into Mania. It could happen.

Roman Reigns wins the tournament and gets the title, then Sheamus cashes in and beats him for it. That's how I've seen Survivor Series ending since Reigns became #1 Contender, he wins the belt and then Sheamus takes it from him.

Who leaves Survivor Series as champion????
SHEAMUS!!!
Even if he exits the tournament early!
He could pick the bones so to say!
Especially if it's 16 man,4 round event....Like it was way back in the 90's and WM4...
But most likely it will be 8 men,3 rounds.

Posted in another thread but guess it belongs here:

It absolutely cannot be Undertaker. That does the company no good both from a storyline sense and a realistic sense. They need the world champ to be fighting and working every week, and Undertaker can't do that. Putting the belt on him leaves them in just as bad a position as it would be if they just had kept it on Daniel Bryan post WrestleMania or let Rollins keep it now.

For me, I can see it going one of these ways:

1) Reigns wins whatever this SS tournament thing will be outright and gets it.

2) Reigns wins with the help of The Authority and afterwards or next night on RAW it is obvious he joined them. Can spin it as Authority realizes they "made a mistake" with Seth. His injury proves he wasn't ready for it and Reigns is the guy. Or that Reigns sold out realizing this was his best chance to get the belt.

3) Same scenario as above only Ambrose is involved and turns heel to the Authority.

4) Shocking SummerSlam entrant wins it. Someone we don't anticipate making a return. Or Lesnar makes a surprise appearance and gets back the belt he really never lost in the first place. (Vince could be in panic mode and feed Lesnar more money on the contract to work an increased schedule the next few months since the product is in emergency mode now).

5) The worst, and I am afraid the way they go: Sheamus gets eliminated from this SS tournament thing early. Someone wins the title. But Sheamus comes out and cashes in MITB on an exhausted winner and gets the belt.

Sheamus would be the most boring option of all. So far this week, he's lost to Finn Balor and the Lucha Dragons. They've been giving Sheamus the Daniel Bryan 2012 treatment where he won the briefcase, then proceeded to lose constantly as a way of garnering heat. It's the same process they keep repeating with Barrett.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sheamus, just not as Mr. MITB or at the top of the card. I had him pegged for the IC title but then he seemed to win the luggage seemingly only because Reigns was deemed not ready.

Reigns as champion seems a forgone conclusion to a lot of people, with WWE obviously taking notice. I'm not certain Reigns was destined to win before the Rollins injury. If Regins does win the title, it will almost certainly be as babyface. I really doubt they steer from the course with Reigns, even if it would be more compelling to some.

Ambrose could usurp the title, that being the only way I see him winning. Having another Shield member become Authority golden boy seems like way too big of a rehash.

Anyone continuing the Authority angle just kind of crushes me. This seems like an excellent opportunity to start fresh with a heel champion that isn't necessarily connected with the Authority.

One of the following leaves Survivor Series as champion: Reigns. Ambrose, Sheamus, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, or Daniel Bryan.

Bryan has said in interviews that he's ready to come back. I don't think he's the right choice either. I'd love to see Chris Jericho come back, if only to win the title and drop it to Sheamus right away.

I'll even make a case for Jericho, he's a mainstream name. WWE might even get some mainstream media attention putting the title on someone like Jericho. In reality though, the title should wind up on a full timer.

A face chasing the title is the best outcome, so I'm making my official prediction to be Ambrose turning heel on Reigns, and not aligning himself with the Authority. Reigns winning the Rumble seems to be the money move, although I'm not certain Ambrose would wind up his opponent.

Posted in another thread but guess it belongs here:

It absolutely cannot be Undertaker. That does the company no good both from a storyline sense and a realistic sense. They need the world champ to be fighting and working every week, and Undertaker can't do that. Putting the belt on him leaves them in just as bad a position as it would be if they just had kept it on Daniel Bryan post WrestleMania or let Rollins keep it now.

Funny how 99% of the users on this site had no problem with Brock Lesnar being champion and never defending it. At least Undertaker EARNED the right to be a part-time special attraction.

Funny how 99% of the users on this site had no problem with Brock Lesnar being champion and never defending it. At least Undertaker EARNED the right to be a part-time special attraction.

There were quite a few people who didn't like Lesnar's reign and said so.

Anyway on topic So McMahon's refusal to elevate talent has finally come back to bite him in the ass. With Orton, Bryan, Rusev and now Rollins out with injuries, not to mention Cena taking well deserved time off, the future for the main event doesn't look so great.

I would imagine that they will now have to put the belt on Reigns whether he turns heel or not. Sheamus just won't pull in the viewers as the title holder in the interim. I have a feeling the fans just don't care that much about Sheamus to warrant him being WHC champion.

This will leave Reigns as champ with no top level heel to go up against. Unless they turn Ambrose heel or quickly promote Wyatt from cult leader to title chaser, something he has never done so it would look weird. They might hurry up and bring Cena back to hold the title until they figure out what to do. That's a bad idea though as his next title reign will tie Flair's record and it's should be made a big deal of, not just a "here take it because we don't have anyone else" sort of reign.

The only thing we know now for sure this that Survivor Series, which I wasn't really looking forward too has become very interesting.

no way to turn roman as heel. They groom him as next john cena. So i wonder if they turn roman heel. I think the authority choose sheamus as their man and take the belt from roman who just win the belt.

Now that it is official that there will be a new champion after survivor series who are we going to see as the champion on Raw the next night? Will Roman Reigns finally get the strap? Could we see Alberto Delrio step up and take the gold again Could Taker or Kane step out of the shadows and walk away with the belt? Do they put the strap on Kevin Owens and let him have a run with it or does Daniel Bryan make his return and take the gold? Could Brey Wyatt take the strap and use his family to retain the gold or at the end of the night will Shamus play the spoiler and cash in and walk away with the prize?
The point is that the field is wide open right now and anything could happen. What do you think is the most likely senerio that will transpire at SS and who shows up on Raw on Monday with the strap?

I think Reigns will win the title but Sheamus cashes in and joins The Authority. Atlanta is a pretty good WWE crowd now and they should cheer Reigns but then Sheamus cashes in and Reigns is back on the chase and fans get really behind him. Sheamus vs. Reigns at TLC, Sheamus wins, then Reigns wins the RR match and faces Sheamus at WM.

Rollins injury is just horrible, horrible news. Your top guy, your #1 heel----gone for 6-9 months. What a shame. Who to take his spot as new champion and #1 heel???

KEVIN OWENS.

KEVIN motherf'n OWENS.

Now is the time.

Elevate Kevin Owens to top heel status and give that man the WWE championship.

Let him hold both the Intercontinental and the WWE World Heavyweight championship at the same time.

What an impact, what a statement that would make.

That would instantly catapult Owens as THE guy, the MAN, in the eyes of the casual fan, and get us IWC guys into an orgasmic frenzy.

Owens can consistently deliver quality matches, he is entertaining on the mic, he garners massive heat---that's exactly what you need right now to fill that void left by Seth Rollins.

Owens was handpicked, one of Triple H's proteges of NXT, and he could easily slip himself into the graces of The Authority and be Triple H's "A+ player" moving forward.

He will be the top heel champion going into Wrestlemania 32.

Don't give the title to Reigns yet. He's still not ready. He needs another good feud under his belt first, possibly versus a heel Dean Ambrose. And plus, Roman needs to be in the chase for the title to gain more sympathy, not the one being chased just yet.

A babyface Rollins vs Owens feud down the road equals $$$$$.

Book it WWE.

KEVIN OWENS should be your new WWE champion at Survivor Series

The trade off you get with Lesnar is that he's the most believable world heavyweight champion being that he's an absolute monster. Far more believable than a 50-year-old Undertaker or Daniel Bryan for instance.

As for this time around, his new contract left open the option for more dates performed (for more money)... well, with the current state of the product and so many top stars out of action at once, Vince might strongly consider paying him more money to work more dates as the champion.. if not right this moment, then at least between the start of 2016 and WrestleMania.

The Sheamus possibility...crap, I had actually forgotten him having MiTB after hearing about Rollins' injury. And I'm actually a Sheamus fan, but I never understood why he won MiTB to begin with. It should have gone to serve the future talent, not the present and eventual past talent.
This SS tournament should also be used to serve the future of the company, but creative has already done a disservice to the young talent as it is, and now we see where that got them. I am hoping that Reigns goes over to the Authority and takes the belt for a spell, then push him and Ambrose in a program to boost Ambrose. I remember when Rock was hated, no matter what WWE did to get him over. They eventually turned him heel. Maybe it will work for Reigns.

All signs point to Reigns winning at SS but personally to don't want to see him hold the title for a few minutes before Sheamus cashes in. That will do nothing for him or the title.

There is a part of me that wonders if Vince is gunshy about giving Reigns the belt, for fear of Royal Rumble-style shit fest pouring down on him if Reigns takes the title. I doubt it, given the push he has been getting (and I think he has improved a hell of a lot) as of late. But I do wonder about that, however unlikely it may be.

Do all signs point to Reigns? I'm not convinced he was walking out of SS as champion against Rollins and 99% of the time in a scenario like this, the most obvious choice NEVER wins. It could be Reigns, but I don't think WWE rushes his title win or thrusts him into the spotlight right now. They'll likely try to protect him from having to carry the company heading into Mania.

Which brings me to Ambrose. WWE obviously doesn't value Ambrose as much as Reigns so I think it's possible they have him turn, supported by The Authority (who we'll likely see on our TV screens for an hour and a half each week now) and make him a transitional champ heading into Mania against Reigns. Right now all WWE needs is somebody to kill a couple months until Cena is back, so it could literally be anybody's chance to shine.

If not Ambrose, Sheamus is another likely option. Again, I'm pretty convinced that one of these two scenarios ends up playing out... either Ambrose turns or Sheamus cashes in on Reigns.

But I also like the thought of turning Kevin Owens into an overnight sensation. I think it would be an incredibly shocking moment to see Owens leave SS with the IC and WWEWH titles around his waist...erm shoulder. Than there's the Daniel Bryan and Undertaker factors, who knows. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out, hopefully I'm not let down.

I see 2 different scenarios happening.
1. First of all since their top heel is gone that another heel has to be pushed and win the title so anyone from owens, wyatt, heel ambrose, heel reigns
2. Something that is super probable is the fact that since vince lost his top heel he will resort to part timers. So I could see reigns, ambrose, anyone who then loses to a part timer at rumble and another part timer wins the rumble. Then night after mania sheamus cashes in and we get reigns vs sheAmus feud until money in the bank. Ambrose wins the breefcase. Rollins returns at summerslam and shield triple threat.

I do wonder if they will make the call to Cena or Brock. Cena would be the safe option. Brock would have to work one night and then leave until the Rumble (only missing one PPV).

The main options, it seems, are Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt, Sheamus. Outside chance for Taker, Ryback, Ziggler, Del Rio, Owens and even Kane but those odds are pretty low.

Reigns winning would make sense for a lot of reasons. He was already in the World Title match and has been building some nice momentum. Given Cena is out (and ratings are fluctuating), now would be a great time to push Reigns as the big babyface. Sink or swim comes to mind.

The drawback is that him beating someone like Del Rio or Kevin Owens for the World Title would be desperately anti-climatic. The story with him and Seth was perfect and him winning the World title would be extra magical because of his revenge on Seth. Now that is gone, they can wait till Mania or, at least, a better opponent.

Ambrose for similar reasons to Reigns, is a good option. His story isn't as good so maybe it is worth just putting the belt on him.

The option, for both, is a heel turn. The problem, however, is that the WWE need babyfaces. Cena, Orton and Bryan are all gone and Brock isn't there every week. They have to look to replace Cena and turning one of your two best options isn't the smartest thing to do. Moreover, you would then, by default, be in a position where Ziggler or Ryback is temporary your number 2 babyface. Not exactly reassuring given some of the issues like ratings and live attendance.

Sheamus is a relatively safe option. Him cashing in on Reigns or Ambrose would be awesome. Or indeed, having him use his MITB to advance all the way to the final and he gets a lucky win against a tired opponent. He could then be a very good transitional champ until the Rumble where someone else can takeover for Mania. That being said, Brock v Sheamus at WM32 for the title could be very, very good.

Wyatt is my personal preference. They have built some momentum in recent weeks and this would take him over the edge. He would naturally replace Rollins as the top heel which is perfect as we approach Mania. Wyatt could unfairly defeat Ambrose and Reigns and become World Champ. Thus, getting revenge for the last few months and building a great story for our two fallen babyfaces.

At the moment I'd do something like this. The tournament would be Reigns/Ambrose/Ziggler/Wyatt/Del Rio. I'd possibly have Triple H involved but he gives himself a bye to the semi-finals and puts over Reigns. If Jericho is available he could be involved too. They would both give some star power but put over younger talent too. It would be a win-win.

Ultimately, Reigns is in the final and Bray gets an unjust victory over Ambrose. Reigns has wrestled 2 big matches (plus a third) that make him look like a star. Bray has wrestled 1 and 1/2. Bray, and the family, defeat Reigns. This continues their feud and the story that Reigns is never destined to win the big one. Something will always get in his way and the closer he gets; the further away he truly is.

Wyatt could then defend against Kane at TLC and Taker at the Rumble. Maybe Bryan at Fastlane. The Rumble winner would be Reigns, Brock, Cena or Ambrose but my personal preference is Reigns. You then get Reigns as the champ at Mania and a big time match between two younger stars.

Preference is for Wyatt but, at this moment, by prediction is Reigns. Reigns as champ would be great but it would be anti-climatic which is the last thing he needs.

Why doesn’t Sheamus just come to the ring on Monday, tell Triple H to bring the Big W out and announce that he is cashing in!? Now would be the best time to do it and it’s a great use of the Money In The Bank briefcase. It’s a new twist to the MITB concept that hasn’t been used yet.

A HHH title reign would be good or a Roman reigns heel turn would be nice. But I would love to see Kurt Angle return and bag the belt (but I fear this may not be possible until 2016).

If Kurt Angle doesn't come back in early 2016, he never will return to WWE. They are desperate now - it matters not who they put the belt on - WWE is void of main eventers for the next 2 months at least. Even with Cena returning, and the outside chance of Daniel Bryan returning, a Kurt Angle return is a very logical thing. Lets hope.

It should and hopefully will be Reigns.

Reigns makes too much sense. People want to swerve for the sake of unpredictability but sometimes you need to go with what makes sense. Reigns will turn heel and join the authority as its new champion.

Anything other than this doesn't need to happen and if it does they're wrong.

Ambrose's time to turn heel has passed for now. Maybe it'll come back around like it did for Reigns (I would have done the above at Mania personally) but for now the timing is right for Reigns. Also not to mention Ambrose is by far the more over of the two, and always gets fans behind him on the chase.
Sheamus cashing in would be dry as a bone. He lost to the lucha dragons on Monday.
Nobody else comes close to making sense in my opinion and aren't even worth discussing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back