Which title(s) would you get rid of?

oldschool123

Pre-Show Stalwart
The four singles titles made sense when Raw and SmackDown were separate but now that the brand split is over there is no need for two world title and mid card title on each show.

I would get rid of the World Heavyweight Championship. It's stature has been diminished so much that it is an insult to it's former self. I might even get rid of the United States championship but I think there is room for two mid card titles which would have an elevated stature with the World Heavyweight Championship being gone.

Which title(s) would you get rid of?

I wouldn't get rid of any honestly. I feel that there is a place for all of them and that with the titles there are it makes for good shows and solid PPV's. I'm more int he scho of thought that they should add another minor title to try and promote their midcard/jobber even more. I feel that eliminating a title would give creative more need to be well creative and I don't see that working out very well for us fans. Eliminating a title I feel is not the best course of action. If anything elevating the title should be the answer. Eliminating one doesn't do anything but cause creative headaches.

I like the World Heavyweight Championship but the way wwe are treating it right now, I would prefer if they got rid of it, That belt deserves more effort than wwe are putting into it at the moment and if this is how wwe will treat it in the future then please get rid of it now.

Same goes for the midcard titles. the way they are booked would anyone miss them if they both went away? I mean sometimes I have to think who is the IC Champion or US Champion, I mean if wwe were booking them properly and giving them storylines I would know without I thought going through my mind who were the champions, wwe don't need to get rid of any of the midcard but if it's too much of an effort to book the 2 mid card titles I think wwe should get rid of the US and bring prestige back to the IC Championship

The United States Championship. Hear me out now-

You have two titles that represent America on your show. Your program is for a worldwide audience. Most of the guys on your roster are American, which virtually makes the belt's name meaningless. The Intercontinental Championship has far more prestige behind it in Vince's company, while the US Championship piggybacks off of the history of WCW in mostly the same way the Cruiserweight Championship did.

I love the look of the title. I love what it has stood for and the great wrestlers that have vied for it and held onto it. But your product caters to people here as well as overseas; having two belts that represent America at this point is unnecessary.

Now I am not saying remove a belt. Rename it, repackage it as something interesting. But keeping the name would be like having a European Championship and an English Championship on your show.

I would get rid of the WHC and the US title. I'd like to get back to three championships and the WWE, IC and Tag titles from a WWE standpoint are more historically significant than the other two. Having a belt should be a big deal.

I would merge the WHC with the WWE Title and make a big deal about it, saying it akes the WWE title more valuable because it merges the history of the NWA and the WWE titles together. Same with the U.S. merging with IC title together. It would be a great way to bring meaning to the belts. I think those two belts will be enough. Too many belts dilutes the pie. Instead have gimmicks like MITB and King of the Ring to get people in title hunts.

I'd merge the WWE title with the Big Gold Belt. Make the Intercontinental belt the upper midcard title, and keep the U.S. Championship where it is, Midcard to lower mid card, kind of like the old TV title. I'd focus on more character driven feuds to keep more people busy, to make better television. Some of the best feuds, such as Garvin and Valentine, Vince vs Stone Cold, and Savage vs Roberts had no belts involve, and people were still intrigued.

The Divas belt, then get rid of the entire roster except as managers. Also, I would put the World Heavyweight Championship on main event talent and keep it there. Let it be the Main Event of 1/2 the PPVs throughout the year. Give it to Punk, Cena, Bryan, or Orton so that it matters. It didn't originate in the WWE but it is theirs now and they should treat it as if it was worth a darn. It has a more prestigious look than the WWE belt, despite the fact they got rid of the spinning belt, the WWE belt still looks like a toy, not a world title. Then make the other belts matter. If someone isn't a big enough star to have a PPV match they sure as heck aren't a big enough star to walk around with a title. Defend all titles at every PPV and the 2 lower ones on Raw or Smackdown. And stop having non title matches. That's just code for "the champs going to lose."

I think they should keep all the titles they have now. I think they all fit in and I like where the wwe is going now and not having all the titles would make it be a bit weird though. If I may offer an alternate point though I think they should bring back the hardcore title but not treat it exactly as a low card title but one that anyone with or without a title would like to hold.

The only title I would get rid of is the World Heavyweight Championship. With the brand lines no longer mattering, there is no need for two world titles. They have treated it as the obvious secondary compared to the WWE Championship for the past 3 years anyway. Winning the World Heavyweight Championship is not as big of a deal anymore when at one point it was on par with the WWE Championship. I say it's time for it to retire and they should unify the two world titles into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

The rest of the belts can stay. The Divas need a title. The giant pennies are needed for the tag team division. The top wrestlers need to be going for the WWE Championship. That leaves us with the midcard titles. They should both be kept. The US Championship can be used for guys further down the card and cruiserweights. That would justify it often being used for pre-show matches on PPV. The Intercontinental Championship can then take its rightful place as the #2 title in the federation. Midcarders and guys further up the card not chasing the WWE Championship can go for it. The booking currently being used for the World Heavyweight Championship would go to the Intercontinental Championship.

Honestly i wouldnt get rid of any title at all. We all know the WWE championship,is the end all be all of all the titles. The US title i would say is the weakest of the Major Four,Cesaro brought a little prestige to the title IMO.. He had what a 235 day reign as champion,not too shabby. The WHC championship,used to have lots of prestige behind it but as of late it has taken a major step back. I hope Ambrose,can help lift the US title back to a prestigious title i feel it can be saved..

Anyone fan on here knows the history of the IC title,it used to be the No2 belt in the company behind the WWE/WWF Title! Whoever had that belt,was technically the best wrestler in the company not the face but the very best technical wise. Just elevate the IC title and US title a bit to help heighten what once was two prestigious titles..

Having two mid-card titles makes sense now because there is a solid enough mid-card to call for it. But I agree the World Heavyweight Championship is pretty much worthless now & days & if WWE wants a title to build superstars the WWE Championship they could simply establish the IC title again as such.

Also The WHC is originally a NWA/WCW title, all of which seem to be devalued in the eyes of Vince K. McMahon & the WWE.

& to add on top of that Wrestlemania XXX is coming up & it would be extremely appropriate for a world title unification match to happen at one of the biggest shows in WWE history.

I would really like to see the WWE Championship merged with the World Championship and, once again, establish a new Undisputed WWE Champion!

Keep the IC title and US titles as they serve their purpose in giving the mid to upper card Superstars something to strive for.

I don't know if only 3 singles titles would make it harder on WWE creative or easier in getting them to make the titles more meaningful.

They way you make a title meaningful is showing many Superstars interested in getting their hands on it.

Right now, the Tag Team titles seem way more meaningful than the IC or US titles because you can see tag teams forming and becoming solid and even SAYING they are looking to become Tag Team champions so you feel that those titles are worth something.

The IC title is an after thought right now because its on a guy who doesn't need it because he is a piece in the PERSONAL feud between Heyman and Punk.

If they had more #1 Contenders matches after PPVs to show how many Superstars want to be champions and have many Superstars say in promos that they DO want to be "X" Champion then we would believe it is more important.

But WWE creative seem to be stuck. They don't want to get rid of the World Heavyweight Championship because it USED to be the top prize in WWE (and WCW) so it carries so many top names along with it. Also I think Money in the Bank has made it very hard for WWE to get rid of the World Title because say when Damien Sandow wins the World Championship they DO end up merging it with the WWE title that would mean Sandow would be the last ever World Heavyweight Champion but with that title merged with the WWE title he is caught in no-mans land because maybe the WWE doesn't want Sandow to be WWE Champion ... but then a guy like Wade Barrett who hasn't won the World Title now can never be the World Champion and suddenly he ALREADY was IC champion, which would then retro-actively become the second most important title in the business which is what the World Title is NOW.

So you see? I bet WWE has thought about it a lot and they feel stuck.

Because if they want to have the MITB again next year and they DID merge the titles do they now have a MITB match for just the WWE title OR for the IC title? Because if they only have it for the WWE title, I guess that's fine, but by leaving out the IC title they are basically saying it is NOT on the same level as the World Championship used to be.

So, just seems like to many headaches for WWE to worry about.

They only time I can see WWE doing something about their World Championship is if (when?) they buy TNA ... they do a poor Invasion angle and also merge the championships so they have one Undisputed WWE Champion, a Intercontinental Championship, a TV Championship and a US Championship.

As much as I want the World Heavyweight Championship to be unified with the WWE Championship I fear it may not happen because the problem is that the guys who are in the WHC picture are somewhat above the midcard division yet lack something that prevents them from being main eventers and challenging for the WWE Title, usually the fact that they aren't as over with the fans as the WWE title contenders are despite being as good in the ring.

What the WHC does is that it allows these guys to still be called world champions and hence makes them look strong despite the fact that they are not in the main event. Removing the WHC would make them look weaker because despite the history of the IC title and the classic matches involving it, in recent times this title has been so heavily devalued (worse than the WHC) that I think it will be extremely hard for it to regain its former glory. Also "World Heavyweight Champion", as generic as it sounds still has a better ring to it than "Intercontinental Champion". Although the fact that WWE don't seem to include Cena's WHC reigns in his overall world title reigns possibly suggests that they no longer consider the WHC a world title in which case they might as well unify it with the WWE title and let the IC title take its role.

If they decide to keep the WHC what they should do is they must give the WWE title to the most popular stars (which they're doing now) and give the WHC to the hardworking guys who are just as good as the stars, if not better than them as far as wrestling ability is concerned and who consistently put on great matches, in other words the WWE title should be for the superstars who draw the money (Austin,Rock kinda guys) and the WHC should be for the better in-ring wrestlers(HBK, Bret Hart type). This would allow both titles to be more or less on par with each other. The IC title should be for those who are a step below the WWE and WHC guys in terms of both wrestling ability and being over with the crowd and the US title should be merged with it.

They should also bring back the Cruiserweight title and treat it more like the X-Division title that TNA had like 10 years ago(no idea if they still have it as I don't follow the TNA) because as much as I like guys like Mysterio it just doesn't feel right to see him win the World Heavyweight Championship.

I would first of all unify the WWE & World Heavyweight titles, and in doing so retire the physical belt that represented the World Heavyweight champion and simply have the unified champion be known as the WWE champion. This would then make the Intercontinental title the number 2 belt.

I also would like to change the US title into the WWE Television title, with the tv time limit rules. It would set it apart from an IC, US or European title and be the stepping stone of sorts to the Intercontinental title, basically serve as the modern day European title which was once the tertiary title in the WWF/WWE (US title was a secondary title so shouldn't be used as a tertiary title). Finally I would simply rename the Divas title as the Women's title.

Title designs aren't going to change for a while, but in a fantasy world, the WWE title would be a hybrid of the Attitude Winged Eagle with the Unpisputed title colour scheme, the IC title would have a black strap, the tag titles would go back to the attitude era belts, the new TV title would be similar in design to the European title and the new womens title would be the same as the old womens belt but with the colour scheme of the divas title.

Because the WWE has a trend of making the Mid-card and Undercard talent of WWE's two shows merge and cross over a lot - I would scrap the US Title; by combining it with the IC Title. I would retain the Intercontinental Championship over the US Title. I would start by causing controversy over the US Title - have a cheat win the belt by unfair means - and then call in to question the integrity of the belt holder. I would then opt to hold a US Title tournament over 4 weeks of Raw and Smackdown with competitive 8 minute matches all the way through - with a clear winner in each match (rather than screw jobs) and the winner wins the US Title on Raw. The following Sunday- at whatever PPV - they could have a US Title V IC Title Unification Match. This would bring some esteem to the IC Title - which used to be used to boost someone from Mid-card attraction to main event caliber stars.

Now I know that Stone Cold, The Rock, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, HHH etc were talented but the fact they won the IC title first helped give them a credibility boost.

The IC title, if rebuilt properly- can add to that again. The order should be that ANYONE who competes for the belt must perform as though the IC Title is a prestigious title.

Additionally, I would keep the Tag Titles as a cross brand attraction and try and get more performers to wrestle as a tag team = even create great tag teams like they did in the 1980's. I would also urge lower league talent to get experience wrestling in smaller promotions whilst under contract with WWE - send them to smaller promotions and let them learn in different territories (presuming that territories can produce the talent that it did 20 years ago still).

I would also keep the Diva's title. Think there are some talented workers who compete for that title.

Not too long ago I would have said unify the WHC and the WWE titles. I have since changed my mind.
It used to be a hotly debated topic (and one intentionally kept ambiguous by the WWE), but as of today they made it clear that the WWE title is the superior one of the two. There is a definiter number one and a definite number two. The WHC today is what 20 years ago was the Intercontinental title. It's great. Keep it.

I would, however, unify the IC and the US title. There is no need for two third rank belts. It's hard enough to care about the third best. When there is two of them it's almost impossible.

I wouldn't shed a tear, either, if they got rid off both third rank belts. The IC title especially has a rich tradition (at least until the turn of the century), so it would be a bit sad to see it go (especially since they brought back the classic belt design), but it just doesn't hold any meaning anymore. Everyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves. Every now and then a guy comes along who "brings back meaning" to the belt. ..... And then he loses the belt to someone like Kofi Kingston and all the perceived meaning goes POOF again.

Other than that, though, keep the remaining belts. And whatever you do, don't add any new ones!

get rid of all the titles in the wwe except wwe championship
then get a new mid card championship "Next Generation Champion" which means only guys who have never won a whc before can hold this.
then have a cruiserweight champion "only guys under 200 pounds can hold it
then i would get a Women's championship
and bring on WWE World Tag Team Champions
and leave it with only 4 championships.

The "Big Gold Belt" is an iconic design and has an iconic history in pro wrestling so I'd hate to get rid of the design. What I would do is unify the WWE and World titles, keeping the "big gold belt" design. I would then unify the US and IC titles (keeping it as the IC championship designation and design). I'd get rid of the Divas title altogether and bring back the "Women's Championship."

The tag belts should stay but with more of a classic look.

get rid of all the titles in the wwe except wwe championship

Why? The only title that should be removed is the World Heavyweight Championship. An argument for why any of the others should be kept can easily be made.

then get a new mid card championship "Next Generation Champion" which means only guys who have never won a whc before can hold this.

That's stupid. Why make a new belt with a name that sucks when you can just as easily add that stipulation to the Intercontinental Championship? It has so much history to it, I guarantee nobody would care about a "Next Generation Championship".

then have a cruiserweight champion "only guys under 200 pounds can hold it

They could just as easily use the US Championship in that capacity. I'd rather see a title they already have be used in that role than see a retired title come back. WWE is not in a position to be bringing in any more titles. Why would you remove a title with so much history just to bring in one the fans are likely to care less about?

then i would get a Women's championship

They have one. It's called the Divas Championship.

and bring on WWE World Tag Team Champions

They have that belt already. Why would you remove a belt just to bring it back again? :banghead:

and leave it with only 4 championships.

That's 5 championships, not 4. I completely 100% disagree with your idea. No new titles should be added and only one needs to be removed. Just unify the two world titles and leave the rest as they are with the Intercontinental Championship becoming the #2 belt. That's the most simple solution, there's no reason to bring back older belts like the Cruiserweight Championship right now. The "Next Generation Championship" idea is awful too. They should work on the titles that they currently have and make them important again. Every currently active title other than possibly the World Heavyweight Championship has a good reason to be kept around. With the brand lines being gone they do not need 2 world titles. They DO need a world title, a midcard title, a tag team title, a divas title, and an undercard title. That solves the dilemma of what titles to remove, and only one needs to go.

unify the world and wwe titles....make it undisputed again. unify the united states and ic titles.....but keep the ic. that title is fn sexy anyways.

In my opinion, the only title that simply doesn't have as much purpose is the World Heavyweight Championship. The primary reason it's still around is so that every WWE house show has a World Championship match main event. If one title absolutely HAD to go, that'd be the one I'd pick. Also, it's not as if fans attending house shows wouldn't be at all satisfied with an IC title match as the main event, provided that the IC title and the various wrestlers in the picture are properly built.

I've no problem with a wrestling company having two mid-card titles. It's not at all uncommon. During the territory days, most companies had more than one mid-card strap. Georgia Championship Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, Florida Championship Wrestling, Central States Wrestling, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling(later on as WCW), etc.

Unify the world heavyweight and wwe championship. I have respect for the world heavyweight championship's history, but now it's treated as the i.c. championship was long ago. I say have the wwe championship be at the top, use the i.c. for people on the verge of main eventing (like it was used way back), use the u.s. title for the lower mid-card, and leave the tag titles and divas championship. You could still have two money in the bank matches really. Just one for the i.c. and one for the wwe championship.

Get rid of the WWE Championship. It's been tarnished by Del Rio, Miz, and other unworthy champions. In the past, the Intercontinental Championship was the stepping stone to the WWE Championship. The logical thing to do would be to unify the World Heavyweight Championship and the Intercontinental Championship into the World Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship. The United States Championship could become the European Championship and the Tag Titles would be split into two singles championships called the Tag Champions. This will bring WWE back to the huge ratings of the Attitude Era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back