If you were in charge of the WWE, what titles would you add or get rid of?

theblasterkid

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking in terms of how the WWE been booking title holders for a couple of years now. The mid-card titles seem worthless now, unless Cena is not holding one based on their booking, so I say get rid of them. Owens and Del Rio haven't even had one title defense yet. It could be due to the recent tournament, but that still doesn't make sense on why they couldn't defend the titles on Smackdown or Raw in these past weeks. On the divas side of things, we all know the Divas Championship is trash and should be tossed. If I were changing or adding titles, here is what I would do:

WWEWHC - I like the fact that they unified it because you don't need two World Champions anymore without the brand-extension.

IC/US - I would have a unification match, then retire them both because they aren't worth it anymore. There use to be a time when holding the IC Title was a stepping stone to the WHC. The US Title on the other hand, it use to be a stepping stone in WCW, but the WWE's version has never been treated properly. I guess until Cena was booked like he was the greatest US Title (Lol).

Cruiserweight - I would definitely bring this back because there are many guys that they have that could make this division awesome! The WWE has never booked this championship properly, but WCW's division was by far the best cruiserweight division of all-time!

Tag-Team - Pretty much a no-brainer to keep, but I'd change the designs to gold.

Diva's - This title should have never came into existence! A proper women's championship needs to be brought back. The Diva's title is a joke.

*Honorable mention* - Hardcore - It would be nice to bring back, but there are two problems. One being that they base their hardcore type matches on PPV events, and two being that they are too PG/PC now.

In short, my divisions would look like this:

WWEWHC
Cruiserweight
Tag Team
Women's

I should do this for WWE 2K Universe!

If I were going to make any title changes, I'd probably go with something like this:

WWE World Championship
WWE Intercontinental Championship
WWE Television Championship
WWE World Women's Championship
WWE Tag Team Championship

One thing I'd do is redesign the WWE Championship and do away with the "Heavyweight" moniker as it's really sort of redundant in American pro wrestling. WWE doesn't utilize weight classes and never really has, at least to any significant degree beyond the jokes that were the WWE Light Heavyweight & Cruiserweight Championships. Simply rename it the WWE World Championship and be done with it.

I'd unify the United States & Intercontinental Championships into one IC title. I'd reintroduce the WCW Television Championship, renamed of course to reflect WWE's ownership, as more of a lower mid-card championship while keeping the IC title as the upper mid-card title. A TV title could also be something of a proving ground title that's primarily contested over by young, up & coming guys with a mix of a few established veterans here & there to help increase the title's credibility enough until it moved along far enough to where it could be strictly more of a next generation sort of title.

I'd do away with the Divas Championship, I just can't stop thinking about the negative aspects of the term "Diva" and I don't like a lot of others can either. I'd create a completely new title, a new design, with its own separate lineage and since people want more equal treatment, I'd call it the WWE World Women's Championship to better reflect the prestige they're going for.

I'd also redesign the WWE Tag Team Championship to some degree. Personally, I kinda like it as its grown on me, but I'd do away with the bronze coloring and the Roman Centurion helmets. I like the round design of the plates and I'd also do away with the Roman style lettering on the center plate. Maybe have a nice, ornate globe pattern in the center with the WWE logo on it, but not so large that it overwhelms said globe, with the words "TAG TEAM" in the ribbon designs above and the word "CHAMPION" beneath the globe, all in large, ornate letters and go with more traditional side plates displaying wrestlers grappling, similar to what we see on the IC title.

I was thinking in terms of how the WWE been booking title holders for a couple of years now. The mid-card titles seem worthless now, unless Cena is not holding one based on their booking, so I say get rid of them. Owens and Del Rio haven't even had one title defense yet. It could be due to the recent tournament, but that still doesn't make sense on why they couldn't defend the titles on Smackdown or Raw in these past weeks. On the divas side of things, we all know the Divas Championship is trash and should be tossed. If I were changing or adding titles, here is what I would do:

WWEWHC - I like the fact that they unified it because you don't need two World Champions anymore without the brand-extension.

IC/US - I would have a unification match, then retire them both because they aren't worth it anymore. There use to be a time when holding the IC Title was a stepping stone to the WHC. The US Title on the other hand, it use to be a stepping stone in WCW, but the WWE's version has never been treated properly. I guess until Cena was booked like he was the greatest US Title (Lol).

Cruiserweight - I would definitely bring this back because there are many guys that they have that could make this division awesome! The WWE has never booked this championship properly, but WCW's division was by far the best cruiserweight division of all-time!

Tag-Team - Pretty much a no-brainer to keep, but I'd change the designs to gold.

Diva's - This title should have never came into existence! A proper women's championship needs to be brought back. The Diva's title is a joke.

*Honorable mention* - Hardcore - It would be nice to bring back, but there are two problems. One being that they base their hardcore type matches on PPV events, and two being that they are too PG/PC now.

WWEWHC
Cruiserweight
Tag Team
Women's

My divisions would look like-

1. WWE World Heavyweight Championship-The Ultimate goal... Isnt it?

2. WWE World Women Championship- This should be the one for women....

3. WWE World Lightweight Championship- For lightweight high flyers like Kalisto..

4. WWE Intercontinental Championship- For midcarders....by unifying IC & US titles

5. WWE World Tag Team Championship

So no Divas title and no US title :rolleyes:

If I were in charge of the WWE, the first thing I would do is reestablish the WWE Brand Extension. I know most of you would rather simply and consolidate the Championship Titles, but I would rather do the opposite. The only way to do that, without the redundancy, would be to make them each exclusive to a show or brand. I have 2 sets of lineups. I’d also drop Raw back to 2 hours.

The first lineup would be if we don’t add or remove any of the current active Championship Title Belts in the WWE today, but just assign each one to a brand / show.

Monday – Raw – WWE World Championship Title
Tuesday – Smackdown – Intercontinental Championship Title
Wednesday – Main Event – United States Championship Title
Thursday – SuperStars – WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles
Friday – Total Divas (I’d reformat Total Divas to be a half reality show, half women’s Wrestling show) – Divas Championship Title

The second lineup would be if we go with the return of the Brand Extension.

Monday – Raw
WWE Championship Title
WWE (Raw) Tag Team Championship Titles

Wednesday – Main Event (part of the Raw brand)
Intercontinental Championship Title
Women’s Championship Title

Tuesday – Smackdown
World Championship Title
World (Smackdown) Tag Team Championship Titles

Thursday – SuperStars (part of the Smackdown brand)
United States Championship Title
Divas Championship Title

One thing that always bothered me is I always felt that the Tag Team Championship Titles on Raw should have named the WWE Tag Team Championship Titles and the Tag Team Championship Titles on Smackdown should have been named the World Tag Team Championship Titles. I understand why they named them the way they did at the start, but they should have adjusted it when John Cena and Batista switched places in 2005 and took their respective Championships with them.

Back on topic, I’d keep them as 2 completely separate shows, and only have Raw / Smackdown interactions at the Pay Per Views. These 2 formats would give each Championship Title at the proper time and attention they respectively need.

I don't want to see a brand split with titles on only a certain show.

World Championship
World Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship. Get rid of the Diva's title, it sounds like a titty bar contest name.
World Cruiserweight Championship. They have the talent use them.
Intercontinental and U.S. Championships. Just make them more important and a stepping stone to World title shots.

I'd probably re-establish brand extension myself given the large roster we have. Then, as rehash-ish as this is, I'd just incorporate the following sets of championships:

Raw:
WWE Championship
WWE Womens Championship (It sounds like it's headed in this direction)

Smackdown:
World Heavyweight Championship
WWE World Tag Team Championship
WWE United States Championship
WWE Cruiserweight Championship

My only concern is the lack of star power. Even in the later years of official brand extension, it seemed like there were more main-event caliber stars in the WWE, who were mostly just carry-overs from previous eras. Still, I think it's necessary to do brand extension again at some point.

I think the brand extension needs to come back.

Firstly, the brand extension works with such a large roster as it helps avoiding people getting caught in the proverbial shuffle. Furthermore, it avoids the current issue with Smackdown, which is a lack of a world champion so they have to continue the WWE title storylines on the show. By doing that they over expose some stars as well as making a feud half as long by showing it twice a week. Now some may argue that hey why not avoid that by just not putting the major storylines on there, because this would lead to a situation where there's a two hour show and absolutely nothing relevant happens meaning that no one has to watch the show and the ratings tank even further.

You don't need to have a complete split situation where no one appears on both none of the time but if you make these situation rare and or unique it adds a certain excitement to it.

I actually thought that 2008-2009 had the right amount of titles and the right amount of cross promotion between the two shows.

Best way to make sure midcard champs aren't fed to more important stars all the time is to limit their appearances to when they are participating in their own feuds so they aren't losing to main eventers all the time.

WWE Heavyweight Championship : Obviously keep.

Intercontinental Championship : Keep but CHANGE , the title should be also considered the number one contender title. Whoever has this title should be the number one contender to the WWE Heavyweight Championship. It would be ten times more interesting and important. Plus it could also be defended.

United States Champion : I'd keep this title as it has grown in importance and is a very nice looking title on television. Keep the U.S OPEN challenges going no matter who is holding the title. The challenge makes for intriguing television.

European Championship : This is the lower mid card championship , defended regularly on SMACKDOWN EXCLUSIVELY. The European Champion can never defend on Raw only SmackDown.

Tag team championship : Keep.

Woman's Championship : Delete the name Diva from WWE.

King of the Ring : The King of the Ring should be the launcher into the number one contender to the WWE Championship heading into The Royal Rumble. Delete King gimmicks when somebody wins it.

WWEWHC
Cruiserweight
Tag Team
Women's

I'd unify the IC title and US title, make the US title the true #2 title. The IC title is practically invisible. Meanwhile since Cena has been champ, the US Open Challenge has been a highlight this year. Hopefully future champs including ADR carries on the tradition.

I'd get rid of the Divas title and bring back the Women's title. Diva has a bad meaning behind it.

My titles would be: WWE WHC, US, Tag Team and Women's title.

I'd probably re-establish brand extension myself given the large roster we have. Then, as rehash-ish as this is, I'd just incorporate the following sets of championships:

Raw:
WWE Championship
WWE Womens Championship (It sounds like it's headed in this direction)

Smackdown:
World Heavyweight Championship
WWE World Tag Team Championship
WWE United States Championship

My only concern is the lack of star power. Even in the later years of official brand extension, it seemed like there were more main-event caliber stars in the WWE, who were mostly just carry-overs from previous eras. Still, I think it's necessary to do brand extension again at some point.

The reason brand extension worked in the past is because WWE suddenly had a huge influx of extra wrestlers when they bought WCW. When they started drafting guys for each show it was super interesting. The Rock going to SmackDown.....can you imagine that nowadays.

Today's roster is too depleted and lacks star power compared to then. I'm sure they could do it and it would seem like a fresh idea for a few weeks, but in the end it would hurt the product. With Raw ratings on all time low, taking big stars off the flagship program is a terrible move at this time.

If they ever do the brand split again, I'd change the god awful name of Smackdown to something else first. Maybe even use a new league name as well to separate it further from Raw. Like WCW. They own the name WCW and all the WCW library so why not rebirth the brand in place of SmackDown. Then you could have your WCW titles.

WCW Heavyweight Championship
Television Championship
Tag Team Championship
Hardcore Championship

WCW could also take over a number of crappy PPVs with their own brand like Starrcade , Great American Bash , Clash of the Champions , Halloween Havoc , Wrestle war.

If I could decide which titles to add, and which to take away it would be simple:-

Keep:-

WWE World Title (of course)
WWE Divas Title (which would be renamed the WWE Women's Title, as it has more history than the Divas Title)
WWE Tag-Team Title.

Now, I would have ONE of the two following:- WWE Intercontinental Title OR The WWE United States Title. You don't need to have TWO mid-card champions. (Personally, I think they should be unified, and just have the IC Title, because of its history in WWE, and it can be given prominence again).

Add:-

The title I would love to see added is WWE 6-Man Tag-Team Title. With the Wyatts, New Day and other stables, many of which have at least three members, this could be a handy addition, and would create interest.

I like some of these ideas! I really against the brand extension though because that would mean Health Slater and such would get more TV time. It worked back then because they had talent from WCW and ECW coming in at the same time. Another thing I agree with is there shouldn't be two mid-card championships with no brand-extension. I'll think I'll change up from my opening post:

@Jack-Hammer, I like that you changed the name to WWE World Championship and dropped the 'Heavyweight' from the title. It makes sense because there aren't weight classes in WWE. In addition, World Women's Championship sound better as well!

@Jeff Deliverer of Mail, The IC Title holder should be #1 contender to the World Championship. He should be considered the #2 guy after the champ. I have an idea for this, but I'll put it in another thread. Oh, and I also like the King of the Ring getting a World Title shot at the Royal Rumble because it makes sense!

Instead of the US Title, maybe there definitely should be a TV Title that's defended every week. The reception that Cena got for the open challenge went very well. I'm just mixing ideas that I liked so here's another list:

WWE World Championship - 'Heavyweight' dropped from name because of no weight class.

Intercontinental Championship - Considered #1 contender to the WWE World Championship.

WWE TV Championship - This title is defended once a week.

Tag Team Championship - Redesigned.

WWE Women's World Championship - This should be brought back by Alundra Blayze/Medusa with Paige as Diva's Champion to be unified with the old Women's Championship belt. It would be the second time the two titles has been unified, but this time it should be in reverse.

I was thinking bringing back the Cruiserweight Title, but there aren't any weight classes making it virtually pointless.

Right, this is what I would do

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Obviously, this would be the premier title in the company, made out to be the most prestigious and what all wrestlers should aspire to. I'd bring back the Attitude Era belt, the most beautiful belt in wrestling history.

I'd merge the Intercontinental and United States Championships, as at the moment they are both positioned as second tier titles, which makes it confusing as to which is more important. To me, the IC title was of greater importance but then the John Cena Invitational made it seem like the US belt was the one to go for. They don't need both.

WWE World Television Title
The lower mid-carders need something to fight for, and instead of demoting the US belt to this level, introduce a TV title, which is clearly positioned as the 3rd singles belt in the company. It would need to be defended on television on a weekly basis, but as WWE have so many hours of TV a week, this wouldn't be a problem. It would change hands quite regularly.

WWE Womens Championship

Get rid of the horrible "Divas" title belt, re-introduce the Women's Title for more serious athletes, with the on-going Divas Revolution it seems the perfect time to do it.

WWE Hardcore Title

It won't happen, but I loved the Hardcore Title. It was so entertaining but with the more PG friendly WWE and the worries about head shots, it isn't going to be coming back any time soon.

Again, I can't see WWE bringing this back as Vince never seemed to think the lighter weight wrestlers division was for a shit. But, as smaller guys are now being pushed to the IC and US title level, perhaps this isn't needed. I, however would like to see it come back and a range of luchadors and indie talents come in to compete for it.

WWE Tag Team Championships

Obviously these would remain. Just for the love of God, change the look of the belts.

I would keep every currently active title. A few I might change the design and division rules of slightly, but I'm not removing any. Even the Divas Championship serves a purpose and would benefit more from better booking (and a cooler design) than from simply bringing back the old Women's Championship itself.

Here are my title tiers:

World Title: World Heavyweight Championship
The best of the best compete for this belt. The most prestigious belt (kayfabe) in the world. Always main events PPV's unless a dream match is on the card. I would change the belt's design to where it is gold behind the WWE logo on the main plate, otherwise it's fine the way it is.

Upper Midcard: Intercontinental Championship
It would be restored to its rightful status as the #2 belt. The upper midcarders not quite ready for the very top would compete for this, as would former World Champions who may have nothing better to do. Defended once per month.

Midcard: United States Championship
Defended once on every show, no matter what. Cena's Open Challenges were awesome and this belt could surprise us with some good matches if always defended. Only one match per show though or else it's overkill.

Tag Team: WWE Tag Team Championship
Same division structure. I'd consider returning to the design that the Smackdown exclusive set of tag team titles had back when both brands had a set though, the ones that had the gold and blue scheme.

Females: WWE Women's Championship
Everyone hates the butterfly belt. Bring back the design of the classic Women's Championship but with a pink or red strap. Then push the girls who can actually wrestle while the "Total Divas" can work non-title filler. That'll help the division improve even more.

As far as bringing back older titles like the European, Cruiserweight, ECW, or (cringes) the Hardcore Championship.... There's no reason to. The roster is big enough for two midcard belts but every other division/tier only needs one title. Any other title being added would get lost in the shuffle and the last thing we need is another title not being treated with the importance that it should.

I think the current number of belts is fine. 1 Top tier, 2 midcard, 1 tag and 1 womens works well enough for the size of the roster. The only things I would change is

IC: Not a fan of the white "classic" look, for some reason it makes it look cheaper to me. Personally I prefer the black one they had back in the attitude era.

Tag: Off the top of your head pick any of the previous designs you'd like, I'll take just about anything over those giant pennies we have now.

Divas/Womens: Would need a new belt in general. The butterfly.....is a butterfly, nuff said. Something closer to the NXT women's title would be nice.

And that's pretty much it. The US serves it's purpose well enough and the design is fine, and while there have been better World Champ belts before I can see why they went with the giant logo.

I wouldn't get rid of any of them or add any to be honest. The only thing I would do is change the name of the Diva's title to the Women's Championship. Plus get rid of that horrible butterfly design.

The other ones are fine as they stand. The only issue I have with them is the booking. Book any title correctly and it will be okay.

Get rid of all female titles, Divas Title and not bring back the Woman's title. Release all the woman to, except a few valets like Lana and Summer.. Bring back the Hardcore Title and maybe the Cruiserweight Title.

Wouldn't get rid of any of them but just change the designs.

I know it probably would never happen or, at least, not anytime soon but I'd like to see the word "Heavyweight" taken out of the writing on the WWE World Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships because, let's face it, there are no weight classes in WWE. Big Show could be US Champion while Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion and it makes no sense if there are words relating to weight classes on the belt.

If the titles were just known as "WWE World Chamionship", "WWE Intercontinental Championship" and "WWE US Championship" just like how the Tag Team Championship has no mention of weight classes, then it wouldn't seem as silly for much smaller wrestlers to be holding any of the titles.

I would also change the WWE Tag Titles to, oh, I don't know ... NOT look like giant pennies with gladiator helmets. Just go back to classic gold belt with a globe.

The change I would make is fundamental...

I would revert WWE to a WRESTLING COMPANY, not a soap opera set in one.

NXT works cos it is the former, WWE is struggling cos it's the latter.

So that means an overhaul from the ground up... Vince goes, and guys with knowledge of wrestling are brought in to aid the writing. You have Ric Flair who was the booker at various successful times of WCW pre-Hogan, you have Dustin who spent enough time with his dad and 20 years making a bizzare gimmick work to be able to know how to get stuff over, you have Regal, who is arguably the single greatest wrestling mind on the planet, you use Jim Ross, you use Jim Cornette...and YOU USE PAUL HEYMAN!!!

No more Hollywood educated scriptwriters... cut the TV down if need be or let NXT take one of the shows. Start making shows mean something to attend live rather than it being about ratings.

Think I am nuts? Look back at the "Golden Era", when TV was there to drive live attendance. If you do the above, then GOING to wrestling will become important again, which will lead to more people watching on TV.

I was always big on the cruiser weight division. With the current roster, we could definitely
see some fun matches there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back