WWE should unify their titles

I agree that the woman's titles should just be unified into the woman's championship which would be defended and challenged for on all brands, although only the champ can appear on a different show.
As for the IC and US titles I think that for now they should stay seperate as right now the divisions are great and very entertaining plus it would be better if the shows had one title they could be guaranteed on their brand.
The tag titles are already unified and I hope they stay that way but made into one set of belts.
As for the ECW title, we all know that it's not a real world title and is used mainly to promote new talent (Swagger, Christian, Lashley) and veterans (Chavo, Kane, Dreamer), I love how the ECW title is used as it really is good to see young talents get an opportunity to shine with a main event title and established veterans get their re-push to see if their worth another shot at glory. I think that it is worth keeping separate for now as it is filling out a job which no other title is doing and so is worth keeping around.
The world titles on the other hand, should be unified. It should be that the one world champion will the undisputed, best wrestler in the company, and the world at that time. Winning a world title in WWE isn't what it used to be like as now it changes hands very commonly and two times as much because their are two titles. I think they should unify these titles at WM next year and have the WWE Undisputed Champ go on show to show, defending his title and facing new challengers from all brands.

In my opinion, the titles should go like this:
No brand (can be defended on all shows)
Undisputed WWE Title
WWE Tag Team Championship
Woman's Championship
RAW
US Title
Smackdown
IC Title
ECW
ECW Title

I would agree with this, but if you’re going to kill off ECW, I wouldn’t do it that way. I would rather see the ECW Champion included in that match, and just reinstate the ECW TV Title. I know it’s basically the same thing at this point in time, but that’s just disrespectful to “Lower” that Title to Mid – Card Status. I don’t care what anybody says, I call the current ECW Title a Lower World Title, not an Upper Mid – Card Title. Half full, not half empty!!

Also, I would switch the IC and US Titles back to wear they belong. It’s still a little weird for me.

What if WWE decided to unify all their belts. Get rid of the World, US, World Tag, ECW, and that distasteful Diva's Championship, and kept The WWE,IC,WWE Tag, and Women's Championship? and also added back a title I miss the Cruiserweight title? How do you feel the landscape of the WWE would be changed? I personally would like to see this. It could gives a bigger more wide open mid-card roster, and bigger main event picure also. We wouldnt have to see Orton defend the title against HHH every month. Thoughts?

I agree with you on unifying the titles, but they should keep the unified titles as being called:

World Heavyweight Title
United States Heavyweight Title
World Tag-Team Title
World Women's Title

Then add/bring back:

World Television Title
World Cruiserweight Title

And if they EVER build a strong tag-team scene again:

United States Tag-Team Title

For starters, words and names say alot. World Heavyweight Champion > WWE Champion.... same goes for tag-teams. If you had the choice of being called 'champion of X promotion' or being called the 'Heavyweight Champion of the World' (world meaning planet earth), this is a no-brainer. Again, same goes for the World Tag-Team Title.

At the least, since there is no Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion (and hasn't been one since Lou Thesz), call the unfied champion either WWE World Heavyweight Champion or Unified World Heavyweight Champion. Honestly, you'd have to unify the (WWE) World, TNA World, WWE, NWA World, AJPW World, IWGP World, AAA World, and ROH World Titles (and maybe ECW) to have a Universally Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.

Since WWE owns the WCW name and likeness, keep the United States Heavyweight Title. Not only did the NWA (JCP) and WCW have this title, but the WWWF used to as well. The exact same holds true for the United States Tag-Team Titles.

The World Cruiserweight Title is needed to give smaller wrestlers a chance - not to mention showcase them and bring far more excitement to the product how WCW did - and to keep these guys away from the heavyweights and stop them from being jobbers. The World Television Title would be good as a stepping stone to the Main Event or pre-main event level. This would be good for Superstars as well.

Women's Title > Diva's Title...... this goes without mention. No explaination needed.

And last but not least, until 2002 we didn't see multiple titles of "equal" value in the same promotion. NWA/JCP had 5 shows on TV (NWA Power Hour, NWA World Wide Wrestling, NWA Pro, NWA World Championship Wrestling, and NWA Main Event) to go with 4 Clash of the Champions per year and 4-5 PPVs. WCW and WWF both had multiple shows as well, and still only had 1 WCW World Champion and 1 WWF Champion; same for their tag-teams (except a short while WCW kept the NWA United States Tag-Team Title and NWA World 6-Man Tag-Team Title).

Now, if WCW and WWF did it before then WWE can certainly go back to single titles per level. The World Champion (or World Tag Champs) don't have to appear on or defend on all shows all the time (maybe this week on RAW, and next week on Smackdown), but have titles rotate in the main event of each show (U.S. Title one time, Cruiserweight Title another, World Tag belts another episode, etc...). What do you think they did when we had WCW Nitro, WCW Thunder, and WCW Main Event; or WWF RAW and WWF Smackdown? Storylines and title matches and rivalries can get more in-depth and develop better if the wrestlers appear on 2-3 shows per week like they used to.

For us who grew up watching wrestling in the 80's and 90's remember this and know that it worked then and would work again now as well.

We also remember the so-called "secondary titles" as they call them today being held by main eventers years ago; the World Title scene was never over-crowded because wrestlers could move between World Heavyweight Title and United States Heavyweight Title, then back to World Heavyweight Title again at any time, and the U.S. Title was a main event title (i.e. Sting, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Barry Windham, Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, etc... they could move around at any time). You could also see tag-team wrestlers challenge singles champions WITHOUT breaking up the tag-teams...... heck, some of the tag-teams could hold single's titles and they were main eventers and singles champions as well in their own rights. Look at: Steiner Brothers, Road Warriors, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger & Barry Windham, Rock 'N' Roll Express, Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk, Midnight Express, Freebirds, Doom, etc...

If Vince would look at some of his 80's footage, and some of that NWA/JCP footage, we could see wrestling hit another huge boom period again.

when i heard they were planning on unifying the tag belts, i assumed that they were going to get a new design and only 1 set of tag belts. Looks like i was wrong. but seriously though they really need to just drop one set of the tag belts and just call them the "WWE tag team champions", or the "World Tag Team Champions" having 2 sets seems kinda stupid to me

The only titles they should unify right now are the Women's and divas titles. The WWE doesn't really have a divas division anymore so they only need one of the belts, the Women's championship would be better then keeping the divas. They won't unify the WWE and WHC belt because they need them both otherwise not a lot of guys are going to get pushed and we'll see even more of the same guys competing for the WWE title. The IC and US shouldn't get unified again the same reason as the WWE and WHC.

I have said ever since Bischoff gave Triple H the World Title that the belts should be unified.

Here would be my ideal title scene.

WWE Championship (WWE Title and World Title Unified)
WWE Intercontinental Championship (IC Title and US Title Unified)
WWE Tag Team Championship (Drop the Unified Moniker and just have the Raw Title belts)
WWE Extreme Rules/Hardcore Championship (the ECW Title, but Extreme Rules)
WWE Television Championship (with the time limit rules like they had in WCW, to differentiate it from the IC Title)
WWE Cruiserweight Championship (could have quite the division there, hopefully headed by Chavo who seems to be getting buried more each week)
WWE Womens Championship (Womens Title and Divas Title Unified)

The brand split would need to be ended, which would be awesome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back