Which title(s) would you get rid of?

This is practically a duplicate thread now. There is another one about creating a new title that was posted around the same time as this one. I'm surprised the mods let both go on as long as they have since every post in each is almost the same.

The US title needs to go. It's history within the WWE is poor, it doesn't have none. It's a WCW title and I'll always see it as that simply because it meant more in the company, and did more.

They should also unify the WWE and World title, the World title is more of a stepping stone to the WWE title these days. It made sense when they have brands but now having the roster as a whole, it makes little sense to have TWO "top" titles.

The US title needs to go. It's history within the WWE is poor, it doesn't have none. It's a WCW title....

I'd agree. Honestly, they can retain all the titles as far as I'm concerned, but if you placed me in a figure-four leg lock and wouldn't let me go until I told you which title I wanted eliminated, I'd pick the U.S. belt, since it means so little and was created only as a nod to WCW...... as if doing that accomplished anything.

The last 6 holders of the U.S. title were Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Santino Marella, Antonio Cesaro, Kofi Kingston & Dean Ambrose.

'Nuff said?

I'd agree. Honestly, they can retain all the titles as far as I'm concerned, but if you placed me in a figure-four leg lock and wouldn't let me go until I told you which title I wanted eliminated, I'd pick the U.S. belt, since it means so little and was created only as a nod to WCW...... as if doing that accomplished anything.

The last 6 holders of the U.S. title were Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Santino Marella, Antonio Cesaro, Kofi Kingston & Dean Ambrose.

'Nuff said?

Exactly. It also makes little sense to have two mid card titles. You have guys like Kofi who just go back and fourth from been US Champion to IC Champion to US Champion again.

Plus it also makes little sense to have a US Championship in a company what is seen all around the world.

I would get rid of the WHC and the US title. I'd like to get back to three championships and the WWE, IC and Tag titles from a WWE standpoint are more historically significant than the other two. Having a belt should be a big deal.

In an ideal world I like this idea but it's just not workable when you have 2 shows to write for. The WWE struggles to put out decent content for just 1 show and stretching the WWE title across 2 shows would be overkill.
Now if you make Smackdown something quite different (god knows it needs a rebrand) by turning it into a show for cruisers, lower card, NXT, etc, then there's no need for the WWE title on it, it can stand on it's own.
With the current setup, the belts are how they need to be. They just need to be handled far better. It's really not complicated. The 5 main titles need to be on every PPV, then you've got 3 spots for personal feuds, divas (ugg) etc.

I would personally get rid of the US title. I don't think there is any need for there to be two mid-card belts. I'm mainly in favour of keeping the other belts over the US title. The WWE title is obvious. The World Heavyweight Championship is easier to build and if the actually create some decent storlylines around it then it is a better asset than the US title. Then it is between the IC and US belt and I prefer the Intercontinental Championship.

I have to admit, I'm really leaning towards those, who nominate the World Heavyweight Championship. The title hasn't been featured as a prominent world title in WWE since the days of Evolution and Triple H as the top heel on Raw. You could throw Edge and Chris Jericho in there on the tail end side, and although he had a couple of shitty reigns, Taker would squeeze in as another eligible choice.

And I sincerely believe the ONLY reason WWE put the World Heavyweight Championship on John Cena is so they could say Cena was a WHC at one point in his career (I'm pretty sure he held the title at least twice), and pile on some prestige to his list of accolades. Just think about how forgettable Cena's time with the WHC was.

Now? The World Heavyweight Championship has become a joke. The brand split helped destroy any credibility the title had, because as they mix champions on to both shows, it's painfully obvious the WWE Championship is the superior title. And we might shit on Alberto Del Rio a lot (myself included), but has WWE really given him a fair chance as champion? He constantly loses clean, while he has the title, and the same thing happened with Ziggler.

WWE's piss poor treatment of the title has killed in any interest in the champions, who hold it. The only saving grace for the WHC is if WWE decides to put the title back on Raw as the featured world title, and the likes of John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and I know this is an incredible long shot, but Brock Lesnar become World Heavyweight Champions. But that won't happen. The WWE Championship is the branded world title, the most prestigious world championship in all of pro wrestling with a legendary list of former champions, and after the likes of Punk, The Rock, John Cena, and Randy Orton as champions, I can't see WWE simply downgrading the WWE Championship to Smackdown.

id get rid of
*world heavyweight championship
*Us title

so basically you only need 4 titles
wwe title
ic title
divas title
tag titles

that way for the wwe title you have more wrestlers fighting for it instead of 2 different titles more story lines different types of matches for example

randy orton could have
daniel bryan
dolph ziggler
cm punk
alberto delrio
rvd
john cena (when he returns)
big show
mark henry

there just to name a few could all fight for the title not all at once but u know mix and match and you could do the same with the IC title and it would mean more to it

have curtis axel wrestle

kofi kingston
the miz
wade barrett
fandango
dean ambrose
cody rhodes
damien sandow

just to name a few....... sorry for my rants but i think it would be alot better have it like the old days when we had one title REMEMBER THE HELL IN A CELL 6 way?

1 title HHH,ROCK,TAKER,RIKISHI,ANGLE,and AUSTIN breathe a new life into the titles.

I would be interested in seeing the US and WHC titles go, ONLY if they were unified with the IC and WWE championships!

It's something that has been said a millions times already but WHC is a joke and has been for a long time with smackdown being the B show.
ditch it, make one main event scene and make the favourite belt the only belt.

same with the midcard div. again its something that has been said and will be constantly mentioned again, but 2 mid card belts is overkill.
Kofi Kingston is the fall back for the US title when there is nothing else, get rid of it and have the IC as the stepping stone it used to be!!
With decent fueds it will gain some prestige once again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back