WWE Championships: Trashed or Brought Back?

C.K.O.

Occasional Pre-Show
With the numerous WWE titles over the years..

Like past Championships..

Hardcore Title
Cruiserweight Title
Light Heavyweight Title
European Title
ECW Title

& Current Championships..

WWE Title
World Heavyweight Title
United States Title
Intercontinental Title
Divas Title
World Tag Team Title

Which Title or Titles should the WWE get rid off or bring back & why?

I would definitely say bring back the cruiserweight title. I think it was a great belt to have in the the company but for some reason they decided to throw it away and have the last champion be Hornswoggle for god sakes. It's no secret Vince loves big wrestlers, but that's the whole point. It's obvious that none of the smaller guys (Bourne, Tatsu, Kidd, Guerrero, etc) will hold a world title with people like Cena and Orton around. So why not give them a title of their own? It was a fun belt to watch them wrestle for too. Solid entertaining matches.

I would get rid of the Diva's title. I would just get rid of the Diva's but hey, what can ya do?

I would love to see the Cruiserweight Title come back, smaller highflying wrestlers offer something different to the show, and the WWE's young fanbase would love to see the exciting innovative moves these guys can do. Sadly, Vince's interest in smaller wrestlers is pretty low which is the reason this title no longer exists

I would also like the Hardcore title to return, that was a lot of fun back in the day but right now, with all the issues over weapon shots to the head, the ban on blood and the PG rating, the belt is not suitable for WWE TV any more. Fair enough really, but I would like to see it back for personal enjoyment more than anything.

There are no titles in the WWE I would get rid of, now that the Tag Team belts and the womens belts have been unified.

The cruiserweight without a doubt, simply due to the fact that:-
A/ It makes talent relevant within that weight limit... The Likes of Guerrero, Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, Mysterio (although he's bigger than the title it would bring credibility), Yoshi, Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel ...

B/ It makes you the best in the world within your weight limit, like the UFC does etc.

Also the European in space of the U.S title. I feel it would be much more credible holding the EUROPEAN championship (champion of Europe) as opposed to just the United States Title. Thats why the Intercontinental championship seems a lot more better, with many stars saying it is worth more than the WWE, because these are the guys that bust their hump, produce the best match on the card and are being groomed for the WWE title. Its more for name sake than anything and it would change things.

With the current WWE talent in recent years coming from ALL over the world, surely it seems more credible to all of that talent. That's my view anyway.

In my opinion, if money wasn’t an issue for the WWE, the Brand Extension should have a stronger separation between the Red and Blue show. By strong, I mean a complete separation with the exception of Pay Per Views. I would even go as far as keeping / bringing back ECW. With that said, the Titles I would have active in the WWE Universe are:

Raw – original WWE Titles
WWE
Intercontinental (belongs with the rest of the original WWE Titles)
Light Heavyweight
World Tag Team (renamed WWE Tag Team)
Women’s

Smackdown – WCW / newer Titles
World Heavyweight
United States (belongs with the rest of the WCW Titles)
Cruiserweight
WWE Tag Team (renamed World Tag Team)
Divas

ECW – Extreme Titles, in all possible aspects, such as origin (original ECW Titles) or name (my idea for the ECW Women’s Title) or stipulation of Title defense (the Hardcore Title)
ECW (treat it as what it is, a World Title)
Television
Hardcore (use this as the “Extreme Rules match” Title)
ECW Tag Team
Vixen’s

I feel that the only difference between why Raw is the “A-Show” and why Smackdown is the “B-Show” is because Raw is live and Smackdown isn’t. Giving each show 2 live hours a week would help a lot. I can’t guarantee ratings will rise for the Blue show, but going live may be the key to putting them on level playing fields. Another thing that could help ECW in this case, is by not making it “Heat 2.0” or “Velocity 2.0”. Make it ECFNW, not WWECW.

Personally I would like them to drop the roster split and unify the top two titles. Cue a new belt: The WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

From the others I'd like to see either the Light Heavyweight title or Cruiserweight title return. There is so much talented cruiserweights who are never ever going to win the big one. They provide a different element to the product and deserve to be rewarded for their efforts as much as the main event stars. They could promote it similar to the X-Division in TNA; innovative high flying matches that make the crowd go wow.

I'd also like to see the European title return, but used specifically for the influx of European talent like Barrett, Finlay, Regal, Sheamus and so on. Then the United States title would be used only for US born wrestlers; and the Intercontinental Title could be used for everybody else (Canadian, Mexican, African, Asian etc). There are always a load of mid card talent doing nothing. Adding more mid card titles into the fold gives more scope for matches, and breaking them into continental divisions gives the titles more purpose. Then you can have champion versus champion matches just for bragging rights, or an X Division Cup style tournament, teams captained by the respective champion. Obviously you can probably come up with loads more. I'm just brain storming in response to the thread topic.

You need a Tag Team division and titles.

I'd drop the Women's titles and competition. Just my personal preference, nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't bring back the Hardcore title. It is dependant on a particular match type only and detracts from that style of match when needed for a main event match, in my opinion.

Vince didn't see the Crusierweight Championship as marketable, hence why it was abolished. If it comes back It'll have more steam behind it, but it has to made to look more serious. I'm not a fan of TNA's X-Division, simply because I have more muscle then half of them so I feel as if I might as well go learn how to jump across a ring and then announce that I'm a wrestler.

WWE's Crusierweight division had a lot of guys who were the opposite. Billy Kidman is always going to be one of my own personal favourites. His Shooting Star at Wrestlemania 20 was a highlight.

As for the others, US Championship is earning some prestige. Intercontinental Championship will never be abolished. European Championship, I wasn't a big fan of personally. Never got its reasoning.

I say keep them as they are, unless a viable Cruiserweight division can be created and bring that back in. The rest can stay defunct.

Get rid of the US title, and re-introduce the Light Heavyweight title. The WWE has a few more smaller wrestlers now, and win Sin Cara set to make his debut after Mania, I think they have enough wrestlers to create a new Light Heavyweight division. Here is who I think could realistically be in such a division (I excluded wrestlers who I think are legit world/WWE champion contenders like Punk and Morrison)

Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd
Primo
Santino Marella
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Chavo Guerrero
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Wendy
Justin Gabriel
Trent Barreta

There are enough small to mid sized wrestlers where the Light Heavyweight division could showcase more of their athletic talents. Evan Bourne vs. Justin Gabriel is going to be a totally different kind of match than Bourne vs. Sheamus is going to be.

Hardcore Title - The only title I think that should be brought back. I enjoyed a lot of matches that were over this title such as pretty much any match with RVD involved in it, especially RVD vs Undertaker. Plus the title looked awesome.

I'd like to see the World & Mid-Card titles in the WWE unified. It means the wrestlers have to work that much harder to show that they belong in certain spots and that the company has to look all that much harder to look at the roster and see who they feel should be carrying their titles.

I'm not a proponent of bringing back any of the defunct championships.

WWE Hardcore Championship - This was a joke really and hardcore wrestling has been steadily dying over the course of the past decade. Now with what we know about head trauma, it's just not worth it. The 24/7 thing only made the title into that much more of a joke.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship & WWE Light Heavyweight Championship - These titles have the same problem: the average American wrestling fan isn't all that interested in championships with weight limits. In the minds of a lot of fans, it makes the wrestlers just seem inferior to their larger counterparts. Relegating certain wrestlers as only wrestling certain other wrestlers just doesn't scream success to most average American fans. They mostly wanna see two guys put into the ring no matter the size difference and may the best man win.

WWE European Championship - There's really no point whatsoever to this title. It brings nothing to the table that the Intercontinental or United States titles don't already.

ECW Championship - ECW is dead and that's how it should stay. No real point to bringing it back unless you just like hearing the IWC bitch and moan about how it has nothing to do with the original ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back