BOTH World championships on the line (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i disagree, they have to beat sombody, so they can legitimize the championship. If not the WWE would say, how is RVD "their" champion, he never beat anybody for it.

What if they dont put RVD vs Cena last... what if...

Cena and RVD start up a brawl before the Rey vs Sabu match.... so the match just starts (ala old ecw style) in the end Cena retains by somehow screwing RVD , or with RVD being 'screwed out of the belt' and Cena has to be 'taken out of the building quickly'

so Rey and Sabu go at it for the title, and RVD comes down and joins the match (i.e. like the old days) making it a 3 way dance, winning the World title and claiming it the new ecw title.

Have Sabu and RVD's fued come from there because sabu felt his shot was ruined by RVD.. once that fueds done (and Rhino's contract is up) bring him in and tell RVD "hey buddy I never lost the real ECW title, here it is... lets go)

That would be better I think. That way you have heat on Cena, keep the wwe title on him, build a fued with RVD and Sabu, ECW has a belt and rey can have his time off.

Bord-E said:
What if they dont put RVD vs Cena last... what if...

Cena and RVD start up a brawl before the Rey vs Sabu match.... so the match just starts (ala old ecw style) in the end Cena retains by somehow screwing RVD , or with RVD being 'screwed out of the belt' and Cena has to be 'taken out of the building quickly'

so Rey and Sabu go at it for the title, and RVD comes down and joins the match (i.e. like the old days) making it a 3 way dance, winning the World title and claiming it the new ecw title.

Have Sabu and RVD's fued come from there because sabu felt his shot was ruined by RVD.. once that fueds done (and Rhino's contract is up) bring him in and tell RVD "hey buddy I never lost the real ECW title, here it is... lets go)

That would be better I think. That way you have heat on Cena, keep the wwe title on him, build a fued with RVD and Sabu, ECW has a belt and rey can have his time off.

All that is good and sounds possible except for the Rhino part.

Rhino told fans after he defeated Jeff Jarrett in a match for TNA that he was turning down the WWE offer and staying in TNA.

Shame, think hes wasted in TNA, just like he was in WWE, and although yes ECW is WWE, at least Heyman would use him how he should of been, and he could of contined his RVD fued that never finished.

EVL_DR_DOOM said:
no1 will win ECW will make new championships
Seems like that is what is gonna happen. How can they leave smackdown with no title? They would need to merge the shows for that.

I think one title will change tomorrow night. The WWE wont tease ECW fans with two title matches and not having a title change, esp with ECW starting in 3 days. With that said, I dont think Sabu will win the title. I just cant see Sabu winning the title out of the blue. Besides, he got the upper hand last night so I believe he will retain and hold on to the belt till GAB, where he loses it to Booker T.

I see RVD beating Cena, then Cena-Edge for the title for the vacant title where Cena regains the title. I just dont see their top star losing right before ECW starts back up. Neither ECW nor RVD would go into the new ECW with momentum. Not a good business decision. Bord-E had a good suggestion about RVD putting himself in the WHC match and winning that match. I could see that happening. Everyone goes home happy.

WWEFan2000 said:
I think one title will change tomorrow night. The WWE wont tease ECW fans with two title matches and not having a title change, esp with ECW starting in 3 days. With that said, I dont think Sabu will win the title. I just cant see Sabu winning the title out of the blue. Besides, he got the upper hand last night so I believe he will retain and hold on to the belt till GAB, where he loses it to Booker T.

I see RVD beating Cena, then Cena-Edge for the title for the vacant title where Cena regains the title. I just dont see their top star losing right before ECW starts back up. Neither ECW nor RVD would go into the new ECW with momentum. Not a good business decision. Bord-E had a good suggestion about RVD putting himself in the WHC match and winning that match. I could see that happening. Everyone goes home happy.

Both scenereos look possible. Edge and cena for the vacant title, or RVD putting himself in the other match and Booker Mysterio and Batista fight for the other title

i think that if one of the guys are going to lose the championship...its going to be Rey. There was talk about him possibly going to ECW. but whether its him or not...someone will lose that title.

RawFan22 said:
i think that if one of the guys are going to lose the championship...its going to be Rey. There was talk about him possibly going to ECW. but whether its him or not...someone will lose that title.

Rey needs to stay on Smackdown, for now anyway. This whole combining the brands thing is not going to happen. There is way to much talent, too many wrestlers would be released and instead of jumping to ECW they are going to go some where else. Smackdown is not gonna die. Batista, Booker, Mysterio, Henry, Finley, Benoit (technicaly is still there), Lashley, JBL (kinda), Matt Hardy, Undertaker and others are there. All of them might not wrestle all the ime, some might be injured but you have just the right amount to build the wrestlers, give them enough exposure and not hide them in the bunch. If all these guys were together you would have guys that fought on both shows and some of the roster would be gone and regardless if they are used or not doesn't negate the fact that good talent might be lost.

half these superstars arent even used now anyway. Matt Hardy is a main eventer on velocity. psht cmon now! like velocity will help him out? undertaker is barely there. and all these new people are annoying ! i stopped watching Smackdown! a year ago cause it was sooo bad. raw is one of the highest rated shows on TiVo. Smackdown ! is badd ! and then WWE wonders why the ratings are sooo low. thats not the point though. its impossible that someone wont lose that title tonight.

RawFan22 said:
half these superstars arent even used now anyway. Matt Hardy is a main eventer on velocity. psht cmon now! like velocity will help him out? undertaker is barely there. and all these new people are annoying ! i stopped watching Smackdown! a year ago cause it was sooo bad. raw is one of the highest rated shows on TiVo. Smackdown ! is badd ! and then WWE wonders why the ratings are sooo low. thats not the point though. its impossible that someone wont lose that title tonight.

I definately think someone would loose the title, if the WWE title goes than I think you'll see Cena vs Edge for it and if the World Championship goes I think you'll see Mysterio and Batista for it. I REALLY don't want to see the brands combine, ANYWAY the CW network (upn 9 and wb 11) have signed Smackdown to their Friday lineup. I think they have an opportunity to use the smackdown talent better instead of putting them on Velocity.

I don't see why a championship HAS to change hands at all. Remember ECW did have it's own ECW World Championship so they should just bring that in and have a Tournament or something.

Correction said:
I don't see why a championship HAS to change hands at all. Remember ECW did have it's own ECW World Championship so they should just bring that in and have a Tournament or something.

For the champion to be a legit champion, it has to change hands. Rhyno is technically still the ECW World Champion. I just think that both titles need to go or no titles to save the other 2 brands. This would make Batista and Rey and maybe King Booker fight for one, and Cena and Edge fight for the other.

If Cena retains then I can see Heyman coming out and announcing a ECW Title Match between RVD-Sabu, esp if Sabu costs RVD the title. Or if the World Title match hasnt been defended then RVD entering the Sabu-Rey match and winning. Therefore everyone is happy. Cena retains and the ECW fans go home happy with RVD winning the title. I just think the PPV will end on a positive note for ECW whether Cena retains or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back