Where would you like to see Wrestlemania?

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the title pretty much is the question.

I live in Virginia and have been waiting for Wrestlemania to come near my area because it's tough for me to travel to see it live. So I started thinking, where could Wrestlemania be hosted in the future and wanted to see what everyone else thinks for places that hasn't already hosted.

So the rules to keep it fair (because we all know WM would NEVER be held in an arena that holds 20k people) is this

-The arena must be able to hold at least 60,000 (historically the WWE puts WM in arenas that can hold at least 60k+ people)
-Wrestlemania can NOT have been already held there previously

I'll go first,

FedEx Field in Landover, MD - in 2009-2010 the NFL held 91,704 people

This arena was set up for a traditional NFL game, and we all know that with a WWE set up they can fit a lot of more people in the middle, they may even finally be able to break 100,000 which would be history making. I don't know why they have yet to host it here, WWE posted an article on their site a few years back saying that this was a potential host for Wrestlemania. Hopefully one day Maryland will get it's very first Wrestlemania!

You're next

Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. Not that I'd go, I'm on the east coast and I'm not a "super-mark" like "Brock Lesnar guy" who travels all over the place to watch wrestling.

But just for the sheer size and magnitude of the venue, it would be pretty cool.

It can fit up to 110,000 thousand people (give or take based on WWE production set-up) and there is an 11,000 + square foot screen at mid-field which for those going to the show would make it much more enjoyable for those up in the nosebleeds.

WWE loves doing things BIG and it doesn't get bigger than this place.

http://twistedsifter.com/2009/09/new-dallas-cowboys-stadium/

I live in the heart of the ol Mid-Atlantic South so I'd like to see it in Charlotte, North Carolina - perhaps at the Bank of America stadium. But I know it's tough to gauge how the weather would be considering the stadium doesn't have a retractable roof.

I think WrestleMania should visit newer cities more often, and repeat cities less often. States that have never gotten a WrestleMania should be at the top of the list to have one. I also wouldn't mind seeing every 5th WrestleMania or so take place outside of the US, like in Canada, Mexico, the UK, etc.

I think that it's time that wm visits the controversial city of montreal at the Olympic stadium!
Thoughts?

Obviously as an Englishman I'd absolutely love to see Mania take place at Wembley, but Cowboys Stadium would be great aswell as a Canadian Mania.

The Horseshoe in Columbus Ohio the record attendance is 106,102 WrestleMania can easily fit more. The weather would be about the same as East Rutherford NJ.

Well, since i am from The Tennessee Area, i would definitely love for Wrestlemania to be at LP Field in Nashville, Tennessee. It would be a n awesome thing to have it there because Tennessee for anyone that knows pro wrestling history, is a wrestling state. In the old territory days, if you wanted to make it in the wrestling business, you had to test the waters of Tennessee. So many great legends of wrestling have wrestled in the state. Tojo Yamamoto, Stan lane, Steve Keirn, Jackie Fargo, "Superstar" Bill Dundee, Jerry Jarrett, Jeff Jarrett, Jerry "The King" Lawler, "The Universal Hearthrob" Austin Idol, The Master Of Pain(The Undertaker), Billy Joe Travis, and others have all made their names in The Volunteer State Of Tennessee. Tennessee is known for its rich pro wrestling history. So it would be cool of the greatest wrestling event of all time was held in one of pro wrestling's hallowed grounds.

I think Wrigley Field would be a cool location, but its highly unlikely. Cowboys stadium and Wembley would be awesome.

with all due respect your rules cant apply to my or any others opinion. the title of the thread was where would you like to see wrestlemania? I personally would like to see wrestlemania return to indianapolis. it has at this point been 22 years and since then, we have a massive ew stadium in Lucas Oil and plenty of place to host the other festivities that come with the fan axcess

Vancouver BC Canada if we are good enough to the hold the Olympics we r good enough to hold a wrestlemania THE END

If WWE is willing to go to NJ for Mania, why not place with history and tradition like Lambeau Field in Green Bay?

Why is there a problem with them coming back to NJ? We had to wait 25 years between WrestleManias, and we're right up there with Chicago for best crowd. How does the Green Bay area have more wrestling history than Jersey?

Speaking as a pure outsider - I live in London, England and I doubt Wrestlemania would ever eminate from Wembley, not would I want it to - there are a few major wrestling towns where WWE could take their big event

• St Louis
• Charlotte
• Minneapolis
• Dallas

They are the obvious 4, and the latter two I think will get 32 and 33

Wrestlemania needs to come from the great city of Chicago. We have a big enough stadium in Soldier Field and Chicago also has the arguably best crowd in the wwe.

Wrestlemania needs to come from the great city of Chicago. We have a big enough stadium in Soldier Field and Chicago also has the arguably best crowd in the wwe.

You've had three WrestleManias already, which is a hell of a lot better than a lot of areas lol. And at least you didn't have to wait 25 years between WrestleManias like we in Jersey did.

Even though I posted in the Canadian Wrestlemania thread about Wrestlemania being in either Calgary or Vancouver, here's a few more ideas-

If Wrestlemania went to France, then this stadium might be the best choice-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_de_France

It has 81,338 capacity and is an open stadium.

If Wrestlemania went to Sydney, Australia-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Australia

Stadium Australia has 84,000 capacity if set up as an rectangle, 82,500 as an oval and also is an open stadium.

Melbourne Cricket Ground-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Cricket_Ground

Its capacity is 100,124 and it's also an open-air stadium.

If Wrestlemania went to Capetown, South Africa, then maybe the WWE could use this open-air stadium-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Town_Stadium

Cape Town Stadium has a capacity of 55,000.

They had it in a baseball stadium in seattle. Always thought it would be cool to have Wrestlemania in Milwaukee. San Antonio could have it, however Texas has had Wrestlemania quite a few times.

Why is there a problem with them coming back to NJ? We had to wait 25 years between WrestleManias, and we're right up there with Chicago for best crowd. How does the Green Bay area have more wrestling history than Jersey?

I never said Green Bay has more "wrestling" history than Jersey. I'm saying Lambeau Field is a place with a great deal of history and tradition. Plus, Lambeau ha a seating capacity of over 80,000, then figure in how many seats you can put on the field. By the way, Green Bay has more wrestling tradition than you would think.... The AWA was huge here and numerous wrestlers have come from the area or have played for the Packers as well.

I would love it if the did a Wrestlemania at the Millenium Stadium. Great venue and the huge space outside the stadium would also be a big plus.

St. Louis, but I think they're gonna hold off until we get a new stadium, which sucks as that may not be for another 6 years or so. They've given older stadiums wrestlemanias before but I know for a fact WWE thinks St. Louis is special so when we get one it'll be a big one.

Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. Not that I'd go, I'm on the east coast and I'm not a "super-mark" like "Brock Lesnar guy" who travels all over the place to watch wrestling.

But just for the sheer size and magnitude of the venue, it would be pretty cool.

It can fit up to 110,000 thousand people (give or take based on WWE production set-up) and there is an 11,000 + square foot screen at mid-field which for those going to the show would make it much more enjoyable for those up in the nosebleeds.

WWE loves doing things BIG and it doesn't get bigger than this place.

http://twistedsifter.com/2009/09/new-dallas-cowboys-stadium/

Wow, that screen is enormous! The Cowboys stadium would definitely be a perfect venue for a Wrestlemania to be held, the screen would certainly be beneficial for fans (for 3 sides of the stadium anyway) to see the action in the ring close up, as being so far away can be a bit shitty no matter how good the atmosphere is. It looks an incredible stadium!

However, as an Englishman I'd pay a huge amount of money for a ticket to a UK based Wrestlemania, it would be amazing to go to the big show live. Wembley is the obvious choice of venue but I think a WM at Old Trafford, one of the biggest stadiums in the country (I think the capacity is around 70,000 and would be bigger with seats on the pitch) would be awesome, especially as it's really close to where I live! BRING WRESTLEMANIA TO MCR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back