What's next for AJ Styles?

ramblinroy68

Occasional Pre-Show
Do you think AJ gets the title back at Sacrifice? Does TNA go the Jericho route and have him involved in a feud without the belt.

I think AJ is starting to come into his own as a heel. I know a lot didn't like that move, but I think he is finally starting to get comfortable. He still comes over as corny sometimes, but I thought his mic work at Lockdown and on Impact were two of his better promos. I think in a month's time, he will really feel comfortable in the role.

They are seperating him from Flair a little. He's doing his own promos and wrestling without him. Is TNA setting up another face turn for him. I for one want to see him play out the heel for a while longer. I hope he gets the title back at Sacrifice.

I think TNA is playing up the Hardy RVD respect angle too much. I smell a turn for Hardy, possibly costy RVD the title at some point. We'll see, but I hope that Hogan and Bischoff realize AJ is the "Workhorse" for TNA and don't relegate him to a jobbing role.

I was working on this same thread then got called into work for a bit so I will go with what I was thinking here.... I feel he should have never lost the belt to RVD having RVD job woulda made AJ even more credible... his persona isn't going to continue to grow without the belt but you cannot make RVD credible by having him loose the belt rite away... AJ will get roped into the Hogan Flair angle most likely and it wil, force him down the chain in importance which is a big mistake on TNAs part... He is there best asset not named Kurt Angle and having him not ontop is the worst thing imagineable... Maybe just maybe he gets lucky and gets the belt back in a way that wont hurt RVD... and can keep building into a viable heel

After Pope didn't win the belt at Lockdown I was hoping AJ would keep it until Bound for Glory and lose it to Pope there. That would have been a 13 month title reign. Now that RVD is the Champ I would like to see him hold onto it for the next 3 months. To me, a 3 month title reign is a legit run. I'm still hoping that Pope will win at BFG. Anyways, AJ should get a rematch at Sacrifice and lose again to RVD. I don't think it will hurt AJ too much since he just had a 7 month title run anyways. RVD can then feud with either Desmond Wolfe, Samoa Joe or Mr. Anderson. AJ and Jeff could work a program together that doesn't involve titles. AJ could also always fall back into a program with Kurt or Joe again too.

TNA has a lot of young bright stars and only one can be the champ. Now that RVD is the Champ, personally I believe that Pope and Mr Anderson are both next in line. And there is always Angle, Sting and Jarrett so it could be awhile before AJ gets it back. Either way, as long as he's having meaningful feuds and matches, he doesn't need to get the belt back right away

I'm pretty sure that AJ will get a rematch at Sacrifice and he will be involved in a long term fued with RVD... Which will be great...

I could also see Hardy turning on RVD... The respect thing between the two is a classic angle that usually ends in a turn...

But, could Hardy play a heel? Could he actually get a heel reaction from the Impact Zone? And with Abyss rumored to turn, how many heels does TNA really need?

There was previously a thread about Hardy turning heel and like I posted there, I think it would be a bad idea to turn him heel... He is a HUGE name and has tons of fans... Not sure people want to see Hardy as a heel, I know I don't...

I think the question should be... What's next for the Pope?

They got 4 guys revolving around the belt, and they could all have a good run, Pope im questionable about but he is over. Sacrifice I could see a fatal four way or a triple threat, I got a feeling Pope will drop out of the spotlight.

But yeah if RVD-Hardy fued does have a turn, it would make more sense for RVD to be the cocky heel, I just dont see Hardy as a heel even though he has a darker look in TNA.

TNA has plenty of faces, so even with Abyss being turned into a badass again, it wont matter whether its Hardy or RVD. As for AJ, i dont see him dropping out of the title picture at all. If anything I see Hardy costing RVD the belt against AJ.

I see what you mean, but I just dont really see how a Hardy heel turn would help TNA

Hardy is the top babyface in professional wrestling. Everyone likes him. Kids, Adults etc. There for he is a merchandise steal for TNA. Put out Hardy stuff they will sell BIG TIME.

A heel turn just wouldnt make sense to me in that breath.

Kinda like how Cena in the WWE is. Kids want to be like Cena and buy his merch, therefore he is too big of a merch draw to jeopardize that with a heel turn

But thats just me.

As for AJ, he'll get his rematch and I hope there is a long feud between him and RVD. TNA doesnt like to prolongue feuds too much. Its always a new challeneger every PPV. They need to build something up that lasts a little longer than 1 month

Just like Ric Flair, every now and then AJ needs to get his ass handed to him, and last night was his night. Having him loose the title last night was very exciting and unexpected. I think it will add depth to his character and he needs it as his new "nature boy"-esk persona comes off kinda one-dimensional. I expect him to get back into the title hunt right away, and I think he will cheat to win the title back, maybe at the next pay-per-view.

Big ups to TNA, I really wasn't expecting a title change last night.

I mostly agree with Roy's post. I will admit that I am definitely a WWE mark, but on occasions I can be unbiased. I watched a little bit of this match last night. But normally I only know what I read. I honestly didn't give RVD much of a shot in this match, especially after successfully defending the title the night before on PPV against the Pope. If AJ is the main workhorse of TNA (as many people will/should agree with) and if he doesn't win it back at Sacrifice again I will be surprised. In all honesty I can't see them having any sort of long feud away from the title unless, but maybe more of some sort of quick #1 contender sort of feud. With who, I could only speculate. It should be interesting to see if someone in that "congratulatory party" turns on RVD or what.
To be off topic for a sec, I had every intention on watching the entire match, but I think they 2 things that turned me off the most was that RVD was already bleeding before the match (I understand that was his 4th match in basically 24 hours) but it could have at least started closed. And there was a spot when idk if it was a reverse or not but AJ irish whipped RVD into the ropes but RVD didn't quite make it and tripped and fell. What bothered me was the close up on AJ when he looked right into the camera, smiled and mumbled something about something. I wasn't sure what he said. Otherwise I thought it was a good match with a surprising outcome.

Let AJ get it back @ house show by cheating just like Ric Flair did in the day of the Horsemen. The watch the tape on Impact the next week. That would be cool. Yeah I am talking old school.

RVD winning the tna title came to me as bit of a shocker,especially one night after AJ successfully defended the title at lockdown.I could see a hardy turn at sacrifice causing rvd the title back to aj.

I think AJ is starting to come into his own as a heel. I know a lot didn't like that move, but I think he is finally starting to get comfortable. He still comes over as corny sometimes, but I thought his mic work at Lockdown and on Impact were two of his better promos. I think in a month's time, he will really feel comfortable in the role.

I totally agree, I felt he was better now in heel and I thought now AJ can be pushed without being scared he isn't going to deiver and ...puff it's goine

I think TNA is playing up the Hardy RVD respect angle too much. I smell a turn for Hardy, possibly costy RVD the title at some point. We'll see, but I hope that Hogan and Bischoff realize AJ is the "Workhorse" for TNA and don't relegate him to a jobbing role.

Yeh, i felt also that tehy tried to show Hardy as not very happy as RVD was after the match and it was kind of jealousy. Hope it happens

I can see Hardy, moore and Sting as a faction of paintings, they can really do a great job with a push from such a guy as Sting

I think TNA made a mistake having RVD winning the world title on his first try, it made not only Jeff Hardy weak, but also made the former champ look weak also, I don't know what they have in store for Aj, but I just hope he dosen't get knocked down the ladder of contention, watching RVD win twice in one night made me wonder just what the hell is going on behind the scenes:suspic:, I hope he regains his title back, but hopefully it could be a Triple Hreat match between RVD(c)vsAj StylesvsJeff Hardy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back