AJ Styles' Second Opponent is...

Evenflow DDT

Pre-Show Stalwart
AJ Styles' second scheduled Title defense has been revealed. WRESTLE-1 have announced that should AJ Styles retain his Title against Mesias this Sunday in Mexico he will be defending his TNA World Heavyweight Title against Seiya Sanada at their November 16th show at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Idk a lot about this guy, I wish he would face Muta. I did finally check him out on YouTube and it should be a pretty competitive match. I'm wondering who's next? Personally I'd love to see him face Adam Cole in ROH or PWG, Colt Cabana, The Messiah, and Adam Pierce.

Also I think it would be interesting if AJ picked up a couple.more titles along the way, like the OVW title or even regain the NWA title.

Fantastic, can't wait to watch it on a several day delay on YouTube considering Wrestle-1 has a minor TV deal in Japan, no PPV, iPPV or anything and Sanada is a pretty average wrestler I imagine Styles will have to carry him to a passable match.

And the ROH dream isn't happening. They rejected a chance to work with TNA last year.

I am very interested to see where TNA go with this, and how long Styles defends his title outside the company for. It definitely will get TNA more exposure in these countries, which is a good thing and a Champion going to other promotions with his belt is something you don't see very often at all.

I just hope TNA handle AJ's absence properly, and make sure that his return to the company is done in the right way. It would be pretty cool if he did come back holding another promotion's title belt too, I don't recall ever seeing that before.

I don't recall ever seeing that before.

You don't remember Ultimo Dragon in WCW during the 90s where he brought the eight J-Crown titles from Japan to America?

For shame.

It was a great part of his gimmick, especially when he added the WCW Cruiserweight title to his belt closet.

You don't remember Ultimo Dragon in WCW during the 90s where he brought the eight J-Crown titles from Japan to America?

For shame.

It was a great part of his gimmick, especially when he added the WCW Cruiserweight title to his belt closet.

He needed ring valets just to carry his titles. It was awesome.

What was hilarious was the commentators trying to list all the titles he was carrying.

Ive Youtubed a few of this guys matches. Im not overly impressed. Itll be a good match but it wont be anything worth busting your nut to see.

Shame AJ isnt defending in one of Japan's bigger leagues.

For shame.

And when he, you know, defended a WWF Championship on WCW television. :lmao:

For shame.

YES I do remember that now you mention it, can't believe I forgot about that! Dragon looked awesome posing with so many belts. Total mental blank when I made my original post!

I am very interested to see where TNA go with this, and how long Styles defends his title outside the company for. It definitely will get TNA more exposure in these countries, which is a good thing and a Champion going to other promotions with his belt is something you don't see very often at all.

I just hope TNA handle AJ's absence properly, and make sure that his return to the company is done in the right way. It would be pretty cool if he did come back holding another promotion's title belt too, I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Dudleys brought the IWGP tag titles to TNA and I want to say Angle brought the IWGP title to TNA also.

I think TNA is doing good with AJ so far. I hope that continues. Hopefully we at least get to see some clips from the matches he has in these other companies. I'm sure I'll check out the ones on YouTube when they're up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back