What's Next for AJ Styles?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by OYDK, Jan 25, 2016.

1. kc2788x

kc2788x Occasional Pre-Show

So you're using the injury excuse card? Roman wasn't injured, Dean wasn't injured, since that dip shit HHH is practically part time (and banging the bosses daughter) why not give it to Y2J than? He's part timer too, so let me get this straight, a heavyweight title on a heel Dean Ambrose for 2 months is bad, but HHH coming in at #30 and once again winning a title is good, a title that he is going to LOSE in 2 months at Wrestlemania as well. That isn't that much better, I don't see the so much hate in Cena and Reign, all the trolls that booed Reigns were the ones cheering for him not too long ago, the longer HHH doesn't have the title, the better, it just adds another shitty title reign to him. Why not give the heavyweight title to the league of nations to share, letting Alberto Del rio win it? The new day is awesome, why not let Xavier woods win it (he wasn't injured) and the idea of sharing the heavyweight title is new to the story line, Somoa Joe is credible, why not let him win it, Somoa Joe's reputation speaks for itself. Even Kevin Owens would have made a good heavyweight champion, I was hoping even Cody Rhodes needs his due on the title. Rollins had plenty of top matches as a heel champ, hell Bray would have made a awesome champ and let him go into Wrestlemania to face Brock for the title. You can never say not a single talent can come in and win the title in the Rumble, hell imagine if Jeff Hardy came back (even though he's injured, I am saying if he wasn't) the amazing pop AJ had when he came out, would have been awesome if he won the title.

2. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I think it is pretty obvious that the WWE are going to give AJ a crack at Kevin Owens for the next little while. They had a massive pop when they finally came together in the Rumble Match and the WWE would be fools not to make the most of that. 2 IWC darlings coming together in a match that will electrify the crowd and give the more vocal parts of the aforementioned community something to satiate them.

The real question is where the feud will go. I would pay to see AJ versus Owens at WrestleMania this year but I actually think that this will be resolved by the time that Fastlane comes around. With the rest of the Bullet Club on their way to the WWE, the WWE might choose to utilise that in a bigger way at WrestleMania. And I don't see Owens being able to be a part of that.

Still, like I say, it has to be a match with Kevin Owens first and foremost. I would allow them to feud until Mania but I do think that the WWE will have bigger plans for both.

3. J.J.

J.J. Mid-Card Championship Winner

I was impressed with AJ tonight. The match with Jericho wasn't up to Styles tempo, but it was a solid match. KB brought up a good point in his review about them saving the Styles Clash for a big moment. Styles had a good showing in the Rumble followed up with a solid match with Jericho. Seems like they're investing in him as they should - hopefully they won't allow him to become disconnected. I can see a Jericho angle on the horizon.

4. Rocky84

Rocky84 Guest

I really don't see how you got that impression at all. Just from a 10 second interaction at the Rumble? Cmon. There's not nearly enough evidence to suggest what you're thinking. Not in the slightest.

5. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Actually, it is. The WWE know that AJ is white hot and they also knew that he would be that way in the rumble match. To me it reminds me of when Lesnar beat Taker at Mania. Lesnar was the only person who could handle going over Taker and the same goes for Owens. He is the only one at that level that is able to take the year against AJ if he goes ahead and beats him at Fastlane or whatever.