What TNA Wrester does WWE want the most?

WWE would want Sting, they can do the dream match with Taker, probably a match with Cena, a 3 Disc career retrospective DVD and then a HOF headline induction. A lucrative bit of business for both parties.

Personally I'm not bothered about Sting wrestling but I want his DVD set to have his input with a full documentary.

You're asking two separate questions. One question is who does WWE want. The other is who would I want if I ran WWE.

Who would I want? The list starts with Joe. Joe vs Punk, Joe vs Bryan. Reason enough. AJ would be alright, but he's not quite Joe's caliber. I'd loved to have the Guns in the tag team division, but that ship sailed. Roode and Storm are interesting, but I think they'd be about where Barrett is on the roster at best.

Then of course, you have the group WWE would actually like:

Sting: Doesn't need to be discussed further.
Angle: Part time, former WWE champion, a final run makes sense (provided he gets his crap together).
Hogan: Already in the new game, a legends deal makes sense. Wouldn't discount one final mania appearance/match.
Hardy: If he's clean, a part time schedule makes sense. The machine makes him relevant.

Other than that, there isn't anyone WWE would really want or need. Sure TNA has some solid hands, but WWE is loaded with solid hands. WWE feeds off of stars and getting any combination of those guys back under contract means more money for WWE (if off nothing else but the DVD's they could make of them). AJ, Roode, Storm, Aries, Joe, no matter how talented they are, they wouldn't really affect WWE's bottom line that much and at the end of the day, money is what matters.

Hardy is still young and active im fed up of people thinking if youre an established name that you have to be part time, if everyone did that RAW would just be Curtis Axel v Jack Swagger all the time

Mines would be Austin Aries and samoa joe imagine those matches Austin vs Ziggler
Joe Vs dean even Cesaro vs joe and imagine his standoffs against cena the next thing you know BUMBUMBUMMM Cena Buries the shitt out of him in a last man standing

It's funny that nobody's mentioned Austin Aries yet. Aries was literally within reach of a WWE contract years ago, and would've easily been another Punk/Bryan situation. WWE knew this and they wanted Aries bad. He's got that niche for being a solid in ring worker and can help mold decent Superstars into terrific ring veterans [I'm looking at you Ryder]. However, a little mishap and Aries was left with the only option of being sent to the Impact Zone [where he now travels with the second largest company] and is rather quite over.

Only reason Aries has a TNA deal is because he kicked and screamed after WWE showed no interest in him and he was fired from ROH for being exactly what he is, a douche. This a few years after he requested his release from TNA after they suspended him because he no showed a promo shoot. Aries is a notorious whiner and complainer, if politics still feature in WWE which I have no doubt they do (ADR is doing something to get all these title runs) I'm sure he'd have fit right in, but the moment he didn't get his way like he has done in the past he'd whine, bitch, moan and complain and threaten retirement.

As for the question, TNA has a ton of guys WWE could use. Apparently they have nobody WWE feels they need, not want, I'm sure there are guys they want but with the development system now built the way it is WWE doesn't need anybody anymore. If I were Triple H and could choose one guy to bring over, it would be Magnus. Dude is the future of TNA, has a phenomenal look, constantly improving as a performer and should be further up in TNA than he is, but their building him now so they saw what many did for the last couple of years.

I read through this thread and realised only a couple of names were mentioned; Sting, Aries, Roode, Hardy... all good and all, but seeing as WWE currently is pushing a lot of younger stars it's hardly likely they'll really pick up old scraps, so i recon they'd go for mostly younger guys anf first give them a run in NXT or FCW even.

By younger guys I mean someone like Magnus, who has had an amazing growth in TNA and the only thing really keeping him out of the WWE is the fact that Barett is sort of the same guy. But they could work around that eventually. Joe could work, but he has horrid mic skills in my honest opinion, so one could wonder if the WWE would really want to give him a chance.

A smaller guy like Chris Sabin could work really well, he has decent mic skills, knows how to draw sympathy from the crowd and fills a gap with lightweight guys the WWE has had for a while now. Just imagine Punk, Bryan and Sabin in a three way match; would work perfectly, right? AJ styles is sort of the same thing, though he would have to step up his game concerning promo's and mic skills, or he'd become the new Christian really really fast.

There are two Ex-WWE stars that could potentially go for another run if they change their attitude/persona. Mr. Anderson has amazing charisma and with the help of someone like Paul Heyman he could go bigger than ever if given the proper chance. He went out of the WWE last time with a fight though, so i doubt that'll ever happen. Bully Ray has the same sense, and he is well known for his work with the Dudleyz but as a singles competitor he is not PG enough and may just be too much of a liability to HHH and the WWE board.

The answer to this is Hulk Hogan. Not for wrestling, not for on air promos but for publicity and for him to remain where he belongs. Using him for legend roundtables, marketing, or just being an ambassador for the WWE has money and appeal in it. He's a McMahon product after all and having him not at home is something that WWE will want to fix in the future. I recognize that there's younger guys like Styles, or dream match-ups like Sting but from a sheer money, and logic stand point your answer is Hogan.

Hogan, Hardy, Bully Ray, Sting, and Kurt Angle. But those aren't implicitly "TNA wrestlers" I guess considering they're veteran WWE/WCW talents.

as some one posted, this is really 2 questions: who I would want and who do I think wwe wants right now.

1- I would like to see Daniels/Styles/Joe go to wwe to see them match up with punk/bryan mainly, but those three could have watchable matches with guys like ziggy and a samoan feud between joe and the uso's could be interesting. Personally I would not want Angle or sting. Angle isn't worth the risk he causes outside the ring, and Sting is way passed his prime and can't put on a good show if you pointed a gun at his head and threatened to force him to make another movie. the so called dream sting/taker match would have been good in the 90's, solid in the early 00's but now it would be terrible. Not even taker could make a sting match exciting. I admit taker is in rough shape himself and having to try and carry sting would be too much for him to do. at least with hbk and hhh they could hold their own, but sting simply can't.
Since it's not about wrestling any more but about looks, maybe velvet and angelina for the diva's division.
and just for the hell of it, take manic. a best of seven between manic and sin cara.
2-they might want sting, for that abyssmal dream match of taker/sting. the only reason it is considered a dream match is because sting started ripping off the crow during the nwo and never looked back, he was a silent brooding 'dark' character that was compared taker's character but honestly they were nothing alike and don't match well against each other even in their primes (and to be honest stings prime was in the mid 80's to around 92 -just like hogan's, not the mid 90's when taker hit his stride)
probably would take angle and hardy back, but only if deals were favorable and might include a character clause in the contract. Angle likely only as a legend style contract or something with limited appearances like brock's. actually a brock vs angle at wm 30 could be decent. much better then brock vs taker. with cena out, hardy could easily be positioned to try and fill the voice for the time he's gone.

Kurt Angle would be a huge for WWE. He is well established in WWE and can put on memorable matches with anyone and put over talents.

Apart from him, they can try and get the some from their women's division which would be helpful to WWE diva's division.

Hands down it has to be Samoa Joe!!!!

For his size, he is super athletic and the guy is a monster!
He could have been in WWE as Umaga but turned it down.

Im sure Stone Cold would still have a bit of influence with Vince, so with all the talking up of Joe he has done so far, im sure if he really pushed, WWE would begin talks if Joe was free and interested

Thanks everyone for all the comments, glad people believes that there is alot of talent wwe wants from tna, i feel the same way, tna stars may not be solidly known by every wrestling fan but they could easily make a impact.

I saw this but was unable to comment on it. I was hoping to give my point of view.
WWE will take Angle back because he is a hard worker and can do the televised events and house shows.
They would also take Hogan back. Regardless of what Hogan has said or done in the past he is still a face on Mount Wrestlemore. Basically he is a cash cow that Mr. McMahon will always and forever milk as long as he can.
WWE will take Samoa Joe because of his abilities in the ring and the fresh fueds he could create.
WWE would pick up Sting for obvious reasons.
I feel WWE would also take ex TNA stars like Matt Morgan and Alex Shelley. That'll just come down to schedule and money.

WWE will not take Jeff Hardy because of all the bad PR he has behind him unless he is bringing his brother Matt with him.
They will not take AJ Styles because they already have one in Kofi Kingston. I know AJ is better but thats where he will end up.
WWE will not take A Double because as another poster made everyone aware of that he is a douche bag deluxe and kind of a diva.
Don't think we will see Bobby Roode in WWE either. He is like the Kmart mid card version of Triple H. The game will not be outdone and Roode wouldn't mesh well into the program WWE has now.
Bully Ray will only go back with Devon.

Ken Anderson is the only toss up in the fray here. He would be a breathe of fresh air to the title picture but with the way WWE would use him who knows. They are in need of top heels and Anderson could be that guy just below Orton. He has been misused in TNA and the pay by appearance has got to be a killer. Uninjured he had been off for months at a time just because there was nothing for him.

The biggest situation for alot of TNA talent is their standing in a wrestling company and scheduling. WWE has an almost 300 days a year touring schedule compared to TNA's which is I'm guessing less than 150. Also top guys in TNA would be in developmental or jobbers at best. Do you want to go from one company being upper mid card talent to then developmental or stay where you are at. To be honest I feel as there may only be like 30% of the Impact roster WWE would even consider and who knows where they would end up on the main roster of WWE if even given the opportunity. Joe for sure but would Sabin, Magnus, or even James Storm who I felt at one time had all the talent in the world? Only time will tell. My question to you sir is would you rather be an unknown in the big leagues or stay at the top in the minors?

Thank you for reading.

1. No one
2. Sting
3. Hogan
4. Maybe Magnus (my serious answer is Magnus)

He fits the WWE mold, 6 foot 3 240 lbs., Ripped to shreds. Maybe a European faction with Sheamus, Barrett, McIntyre, Cesaro, Magnus. Regal as the mouthpiece... I know it was in WWE 11 the video game but that doesn't make it a bad idea.

I know TNA cut him buy another guy I'd like to see is Crimson. Go through NXT, he's 6'6 260 with red hair, and not embarrassing on the stick. On a scale of Khali to Punk (1-10) his work is about a 5 now and could get better... HHH and Vinnie Mac might be able to work with that. bring him in as Sheamus' American cousin

ok that last one was a joke lol

I agree with everyone who said Magnus.
He has good look, he's solid in the ring and he's young enough that they could let him develop in NXT before they brought him up to the main roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back