What TNA Wrester does WWE want the most?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
If you was vince mcmahon, and you had a chance to hire any tna star to come to your company and try to make them a top star who would you choose?
also who do you think that wwe is mostly interested in?
the reason i ask is tna is firing people easily and it seems like there be a good chance for wwe to take any wrestler they want from tna at this moment.

I would choose Sting and AJ Styles to come over to WWE. Styles might go to WWE where he could be a huge star. With Sting he could challenge the Undertaker's streak and it would be great. Styles could challenge the likes of Cena, Orton, Bryan, and Punk. That's who I would choose.

You're asking two separate questions. One question is who does WWE want. The other is who would I want if I ran WWE.

Who would I want? The list starts with Joe. Joe vs Punk, Joe vs Bryan. Reason enough. AJ would be alright, but he's not quite Joe's caliber. I'd loved to have the Guns in the tag team division, but that ship sailed. Roode and Storm are interesting, but I think they'd be about where Barrett is on the roster at best.

Then of course, you have the group WWE would actually like:

Sting: Doesn't need to be discussed further.
Angle: Part time, former WWE champion, a final run makes sense (provided he gets his crap together).
Hogan: Already in the new game, a legends deal makes sense. Wouldn't discount one final mania appearance/match.
Hardy: If he's clean, a part time schedule makes sense. The machine makes him relevant.

Other than that, there isn't anyone WWE would really want or need. Sure TNA has some solid hands, but WWE is loaded with solid hands. WWE feeds off of stars and getting any combination of those guys back under contract means more money for WWE (if off nothing else but the DVD's they could make of them). AJ, Roode, Storm, Aries, Joe, no matter how talented they are, they wouldn't really affect WWE's bottom line that much and at the end of the day, money is what matters.

If I were Vince McMahon I would chose Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe to come to the WWE. everyone wants Kurt Angle back and Joe would be a good addition to the roster. He deserves to be in WWE.

AJ Styles should be the GUY they want. He's a marketable name and there are many scenarios in which he can be inserted into. He can join the New Corporation. He could be the NEXT Paul Heyman guy teaming w/Axel againt Punk. He can align w/AJ Lee as she can claim every guy she's ever been involved with has been a WORLD CHAMPION. They can bring him in Randy Savage-style as the Hottest Free Agent in Sports Entertainment. People would be interested and the Phenomenal One can do it all.

Obviously Sting would be a great choice for the short term, but looking at longevity I'd have to go with either Bobby Roode or Austin Aries. Roode would fit WWE's "mold" a bit better, and might be able to go on to achieve HHH level success (barring injuries, and if Vince allowed him to).

This is a moot point, because someone like Matt Morgan would be a perfect fit with WWE, but he's not employed by Vince & Co. He's available, though. As it's been repeated time and time again, the WWE sees every other wrestling company as "the minor leagues" (and yes, that probably included WCW...even when they were spanking them in the ratings). Morgan has everything the WWE values in a superstar (presumably, obviously I don't work for talent relations), but yet they don't snatch him up. Possibly because he was already there, was hard for guys to work with, politicking, etc. I know they took guys back like Jeff Hardy, R Truth & Christian (for example), but I don't know about anyone else in this day and age. I think the WWE is fine with promoting from within for the time being.

Austin Aries or Bobby Roode.

Aries can go in the ring and on the mic, yes he is another RoH guy but he's amazing on the mic. He's great in the ring and he has a great presence. I'd love to see him in a WWE ring.

Roode could quite easily be the total package. He knows his craft and knows how to get over. Again he's great in the ring and he knows how to hold a title and make it look like the only thing that matters. Imo I'd love to see him against HHH of course but he can go with anyone.

Both could quite easily fit into the WHC picture as well, god knows that title needs people who can elevate it.

I would defiantly like to see Samoa Joe in WWE, Joe and CM Punk are good friends in real life, so they would work good together.

Who WWE wants? Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, all the big names TNA has. I honestly don't think having someone who's never been involved in WWF/E would get over.

If I was wwe I would take gunner I think he could be a monster heel w/ the right manger and also AJ, joe ,abyss and put beermoney & mcmg back together and sting for one match

if I were Vince who would I want? Kurt Angle

Why? ... the guy is a former world champion and still is one of the best ring technicians ever. Also It wouldn't be hard for new fans to get behind him, he is exciting in the ring and if I am vince he also brings money to the table... plus you don't want him to retire without a few more huge profile matches.

Now if your asking what WWE wants... I would go after Bobby Roode because he has the "look" and is great in the ring. However They may want Jeff Hardy for the sense that he draws more money, which I personally could do without, Sting makes sense but only for a Undertaker / WM Match.

However I don't think WWE wants anybody from TNA right now, They seem high on pushing some young talent, which is why I chose Angle because he would be a Big sign and help with Cena's absence.

I think that WWE would want most of it's ex-talent. Angle, Hardy, The Dudley's and Hogan, plus Sting even though he has never worked in the WWE before. They would want Hogan to do event's much like they have had Flair do, and they would want the rest for at the very least the HOF.
As far as other talent goes. Austin an Punk have been very vocal supporters of Samoa Joe and I think the 'E would be interested in him. And I am certain that they would love to acquire Aj Styles. They watch TNA and they are aware of what Styles can do. Don't believe for a moment that they don't keep an eye on all of the talent in the other promotions. I could see them wanting to get Aries under contract as well.
In the end the continued mismanagement in TNA will allow WWE to sign who they think are the best from the promotion.

1. Bobby Roode

He really is the IT factor. The guy screams star when he had the belt, and still now. He is great on the mic, the acting behind his character looks real and not fake. I think he could get over in WWE because of all of the above

2. Samoa Joe

If they didn't saddle him with some Samoan Gimmick or a tag team and made him a badass coming into the company. Joe would get over in WWE. He can shoot promo, his ringwork is great for his size, and it's believable he could beat someone. Most fans know who he is. He is Stonecolds favorite TNA talent for a reason.

3. Austin Aries

He is like Daniel Bryan. A smaller guy but can go in the ring, and make you suspend disbelief that he can beat bigger guys. Great on the mic. Would fit in well wrestling with Joe, Punk, Bryan, all together in WWE. AJ Styles would be a great addition. His character has been stale in TNA. He can do decent mic work and promos. He was gold with Christian and Tomko.

I honestly don't think that WWE is currently interested in any TNA talent, with the possible exception of Sting. And in Sting's case, it'd be more about merchandising and getting that feather in their cap than it would be about building around him or promoting him.

Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy are just as big liabilities as they are assets, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Austin Aries are good hands, but they're all in their mid-30s and none moves the TV ratings needle or is a box office draw. Hogan is a pain in the ass, wants to be involved too much, and WWE already owns every meaningful piece of Hogan footage in existence. Bully Ray is useless to WWE without Devon.

If I were running WWE, the guy I'd want is Magnus. Young, good look, serviceable in-ring with a high ceiling-- if I were Vince, I'd look at him and say, "I can make this guy a star."

The answer is Sting, and it isn't even close. His presence in WWE is a draw, something no one else in TNA has to offer. Any WrestleMania match with Sting means big money, even at his age. I think A.J. has the ability to be a big deal in WWE, but I doubt they'd give him a proper shot.

If it was the WWE of a few years ago I would have said Sting/Angle/Hardy/Anderson.

But the WWE has changed and they are now in an era of pushing guys like Punk and Bryan and Ziggler. So I think AJ, Aries and Joe should be the prime targets.

None of them, they are all minor league or too old to bother investing in, Angle would've been a prime target a few years ago but as far as i'm concerned he has shot himself in the foot now so i doubt they want him either.

Sting as crap as he is now compared to his WCW days is the only person they want and that's purely for ego reasons i'd say. Just to say mer mer we finally got the last piece of WCW that wouldn't die.

I'd say Roode, Aries, or Angle.

Angle for obvious reasons that everyone else has stated. Many dream matches he could compete in at upcoming manias, etc. I'm sure we'd all love to see angle vs. lesnar one more time!

Aries has tons of potential, great on the mic, and in the ring. And WWE could help make him the star that he ought to be.

Roode is also a multi-dimensional wrestler, and would put on some great matches in WWE.

I don't think WWE cares about sting for any other reasons than to see him take on Taker, and although Styles is awesome in the ring, his mic works sucks balls and for that reasons he'd be a mid-card player in wwe anyway.

STARS I WOULD CHOOSE.

STING - I would give him a Legends contract, So we finally get to see Taker vs Sting at Wrestlemania. Plus a Sting vs Cena or HHH could be quite good too.

BOBBY ROODE - Probably the best Heel in the buissness today and has the look that WWE just loves. Would become WWE champion in no time at all.

GUYS WWE ARE INTRESTED IN.

WWE keep saying there is nobody on the TNA roster that they are intrested in, But if they were in a position to sign anybody from the TNA roster, I'm sure there would be a few guys that you would see WWE snap up and the two guys above would be top of the list and i'm sure WWE would also be intrested in the following stars also.

AJ STYLES - He has been the poster boy for TNA from day one and is one of the best peformers around today he would have great matches with guys like Punk, Bryan and Orton and with Vince being Vince, He would push Styles to the Moon and make him a massive star just to wind up Dixie Carter and TNA.

MAGNUS - The Guy has come on leaps and bounds over the last year in TNA and at only 26 years of age, I don't thing WWE would think twice about giving him a shot down in NXT

if I were Vince who would I want? Kurt Angle

Why? ... the guy is a former world champion and still is one of the best ring technicians ever. Also It wouldn't be hard for new fans to get behind him, he is exciting in the ring and if I am vince he also brings money to the table... plus you don't want him to retire without a few more huge profile matches.

Kurt Angle is a mess and a loose cannon right now. Angle's problems with addiction were a big part of what led to the fallout between himself and WWE in the first place. Considering that Angle recently was arrested for DUI for the 6th time and has entered rehab to finally deal with his problems, he's someone I don't expect WWE to be looking at. Besides that, Angle's first priority should be getting himself straightened up.

Generally speaking, if Triple H's recent comments are legit, then it doesn't look as though WWE particularly wants anyone on the TNA roster at this time. The most obvious candidates of the various TNA originals are wrestlers like AJ Styles and Bobby Roode.

Styles' contract is set to expire soon and the dirtsheets allege that there seems to be a real chance of Styles departing TNA. At 36 years of age, Styles isn't getting any younger and this might be his very last opportunity to possibly work for WWE. Various stories suggest that money is the issue that's holding things up and since TNA is very much tightening its budget, maybe there really is a strong possibility of Styles leaving. I'd be very, very surprised if WWE hadn't sent out feelers to Styles at various times over the years to gauge his interest in coming to WWE. If Styles is happy in TNA, then more power to him. At the same time, IF, IF WWE has courted Styles at various points in the past only to be turned down, then there's only so many times you'll be told no before you decide to simply give up and move on. As a result, now, maybe WWE is the one no longer interested in Styles. Sting has reportedly turned down WWE several times, so much to the point that Vince finally gave up and moved on. Maybe Triple H simply feels the same way now.

The Flair angle they tried to run with "the new four horseman" or whatever they were calling it. "Fortune"? That whole crew in that angle would fit great in the current WWE in my opinion.

I believe it was Flair managing Beer Money, AJ Styles, and one or two other guys. Maybe drop the randoms and bring beer money and Styles and pair them with an established WWE guy? I would buy into that in a big way. I think Styles is a great talent that is underutilized. Not saying that would change in the WWE but it COULD.

Samoa Joe of course.
Sting for WM30 would be a HUGE GET.

I have no interest in Angle.

According to Triple H, TNA has nothing to offer WWE. The majority of the male roster has already been in WWE in some form or fashion. The ONLY people on the TNA roster that should be brought into WWE is Sting and Kurt Angle. And that's only for the HOF. No matches, no commentary. Just sign them and pay them to sit at home.

it has to be sting hands down sting vs taker hell in a cell to close mania 30 it's be one of top 3 matches in mania history imo my 2nd and 3rd would be angle and styles maybe samoa joe cause theyd be perfect opponets for daniel bryan i would love to see samoa joe kick the shit out of cena make his ass tap but thats never gonna happen

Any time this topic comes up, my answer is always the same - Bobby Roode. Put him in a suit, let him grow his hair back, slick it back & put it in a pony tail, and have him go with the "Rich guy signing the biggest contract in WWE history" storyline, and you have a goldmine.

I don't doubt that Angle will be back to finish out his career, but as for the rest that have been mentioned, I just don't see the WWE using them as main eventers. Samoa Joe would just end up as the 3rd member of Tons of Funk, and AJ and/or Aries would never make it beyond the US or Intercontinental Titles (not that there's anything wrong with that accomplishment).

I don't think WWE really wants any wrestlers from TNA right now because if they did, they would already have them under contract.

There is only 2 TNA Superstars I think WWE would even be interested in & I don't see either happening in the near future for several reasons.

The first is Kurt Angle. He was the only guy to jump ship to TNA & really make any sort of impact (no pun intended) & he has a long history with the WWE. But on top of the already slowly growing laudry list of personal problems Kurt has had (Family issues, DUI's, Rehab, etc.) I think Kurt is happy with TNA for the most part, still has a contract with them for a couple of years if I'm not mistaken & at this point I don't know if WWE would really even want him back. If anything I see WWE bringing him back for a Hall Of Fame induction & maybe a few matches at most if WWE decides they really want him for that & he is capable. So I don't see Kurt returning for a few years at the very least.

The second would be Sting. But at this point between the several other possible matches for Taker & his limited time left & the fact that Sting also seems very happy at TNA & I believe he is also under contract to them for at least a little while longer, I don't ever see a Sting/Taker match happening in WWE. & I think WWE realistically realizes the match itself may not even live up to the hype with both men being much older & beatin' up these days. If anything I think WWE cares more about getting Sting in the WWE HOF more than having him wrestle a match for them & I think if we ever see Sting in WWE it will most likely be many years down the road, after he has retired from in-ring competition, just to get inducted into the WWE HOF.

It's funny that nobody's mentioned Austin Aries yet. Aries was literally within reach of a WWE contract years ago, and would've easily been another Punk/Bryan situation. WWE knew this and they wanted Aries bad. He's got that niche for being a solid in ring worker and can help mold decent Superstars into terrific ring veterans [I'm looking at you Ryder]. However, a little mishap and Aries was left with the only option of being sent to the Impact Zone [where he now travels with the second largest company] and is rather quite over.

I'm not going to say Aries is still a top prospect for WWE, but he's surely on their list. Just because something doesn't pan out, it doesn't mean WWE's not going to be interested in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back