What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]AeUwikDrA9I[/YOUTUBE]

I have only heard a small number of Rob Zombie tracks, but I have loved every one. I really should pick up one of his albums as I think he is definitely an artist I could become a big fan of!

This was the lead single off his latest album I think, and is the usual Zombie-style track, with the electro, the catchy chorus and his instantly recognisable vocal style. I heard this on a free CD that came with the "Metal Hammer" magazine, and it was one of only 3 good tracks on the disc, the other 2 being "Over The Top" by White Wizzard and "April Rain" by Delain.

This is one fkin good track though, and great to drive to

[YOUTUBE]M4sQfHD_b_E[/YOUTUBE]
Dragonfly
By Shaman's Harvest

That's right, Shaman's Harvest; the fuckers who brought us Drew McIntyre's awesome entrance song Broken Dreams. I believe this song was on the Legendary (god awful John Cena movie) soundtrack. I don't know if this band is really well known throughout the world and if they aren't, I don’t see why the fuck not? They're a damn good band and from the shit I’ve heard, they're worth a listen or two. Dragonfly is probably on par with Drew McIntyre's theme, if not better. Ok, maybe that's a little far fetch but it's still a damn fine song to listen to.

[YOUTUBE]RYZb6HBpwH0[/YOUTUBE]

One of my favourites from Creed's most recent album- the 2009 "Full Circle", which was the first studio album the re-united band had released since "Weathered" in 2001

It is one of their lighter style songs, but still really good to listen to. I have always been a big fan of Scott Stapp's vocal style and this song is no exception. I was hoping (but not expecting) "Full Circle" to be a great album and while it is not amazing, it more than satisfied me, I urge everyone who likes Creed but hasnt heard their latest stuff to give it a try.

Skid Row-Youth Gone Wild

[YOUTUBE]VJrbHapH5pM[/YOUTUBE]

Having read about Skid Row for a while now (their debut is apparently one of the best) and Sebastian Bach being somewhat eccentric (he is friends with Axl Rose apparently) I decided to check them out. By god that guy can sing and sing well and the riffs are great as well.

Skid Row-Youth Gone Wild

[YOUTUBE]VJrbHapH5pM[/YOUTUBE]

Having read about Skid Row for a while now (their debut is apparently one of the best) and Sebastian Bach being somewhat eccentric (he is friends with Axl Rose apparently) I decided to check them out. By god that guy can sing and sing well and the riffs are great as well.

GREAT CHOICE! I love that song! That was the 1st Skid Row song I ever heard, and you are right about the riffs, they are brilliant and Sebastian can really sing. I recently picked up their greatest hits set to discover a few more of their tracks.

In honour of your selection I am playing another Skid Row track on my itunes

[YOUTUBE]9qHWJML0Skg[/YOUTUBE]

The 2nd single from their debut album, "18 and Life" is their first "Power Ballady" type song, and not as fast or heavy as "Youth Gone Wild". It is about an 18 y/o who accidentily killed someone with a loaded gun that he thought was unloaded,and was sentenced to life. Love this song.

[YOUTUBE]c9TDPOyPi7U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

I'm guessing most of you, if not all of you haven't heard of this band,Dreadnaut. They are a Metal band originally formed in my home town of Thompson Manitoba, Canada, which is a small city of a population of a little more than twenty thousand. I don't generally listen to very much metal,but this band holds a special place in my collection because of their origins and the impact they've had over our community. All my friends know and listen to Dreadnaut,one is even related to the lead singer(if I'm not mistaken). They have release two full length studio albums and have had moderate success but are gaining popularity the more shows they play. They are very talented and know how to write good hang-banging,mosh pit engaging type of music. This song is entitled Rise and was the lead single of their second studio album A Taste Of Whats To Come. If anybody happens to like this song or is a fan of metal in general then I suggest you check out this band and support them,they really are great.

[YOUTUBE]239vHrwt8Rs[/YOUTUBE]

I am not a major Korn fan, but quite a few of their tracks "Here To Stay" and "Got The Life" being my two favourites.

This one was off a compilation CD I got free with a Kerrang! magazine a few weeks ago. I hadnt bought Kerrang! in years but I saw there was a free CD with tracks from the 30 most important bands in the 30 years that Kerrang! has been running, so I decided to pick it up.

The CD is good, there are live songs from Ozzy and Metallica and classics from Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold plus other good songs from BFMV, Slash and 30TM.

This Korn track is pretty decent, it just epitomises their style and the clever lyrics "All Day I Dream About Sex" (A.D.I.D.A.S) were probably really edgy and shocking when it was released in the 90's. Nothing special but a decent enough track, it will probably get put on my ipod.

This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage
[YOUTUBE]7rivf9yfRtE[/YOUTUBE]​

Stunned that this hasn't been used yet this week. I think you know why I'm listening to this one. Outside of this song, I don't recall listening to a single Killswitch Engage song. I've never been a huge fan of their genre of music, but this song fits CM Punk pretty damn well, and in fact, it fits Punk's departing storyline exceptionally well. With lyrics talking about never dying and always living on, and especially the line "I will not be denied, in my final hour", the whole thing just fits the Punk storyline very, very well.

[YOUTUBE]Gxjuom-jaL0[/YOUTUBE]​

For any of you going through White Stripes withdrawal (like I am) since they broke up, here's a new Jack White song. Not really his song. It was actually written by Danger Mouse (He did the Beatles/Jay-Z mash-up "The Grey Album" and is one half of Gnarls Barkley) and Italian composer Daniele Luppi. They asked Jack White to sing on it and it's amazing. It's a very simple acoustic song but it's infectious. Good stuff.

[youtube]f9QhL6Og7dw[/youtube]

This is currently one of my favorite Megadeth songs of all time. Awesome opening riff, great lyrics, just an all-around great song. I`ve really been getting into Megadeth alot more lately and this song is one that makes me like them alot. Great tune.

[YOUTUBE]cy5nyNSru5E[/YOUTUBE]

A great track from the debut release of Richard Ashcrofts new band "The United Nations Of Sound". This harks back to the glory days of his former band, the legendary Verve and reminds me of their classic tracks "Lucky Man", "Sonnet" and "Weeping Willow" from the magnificent "Urban Hymns" album.

A beautiful piece of music from one of the most recognisable voices in British music, it is a shame that this album was so poorly received, as it contains some brilliant pieces of music. This song, "America", "Are You Ready", "She Brings Me The Music" and "Born Again" are all great tracks, but the gospel theme of much of the rest of the album did not go down well in the UK for some reason, but supposedly the album did pretty well in the US, where it appealed to the black communities. I am pleased to see that, as it is definitely deserves some success.

I saw this band on their debut UK tour, and Richard announced this song as a future classic, and the fans absolutely fell in love with it right away, lighters in the air, arms round each other. It was a great performance, both this song and the whole show. The man is a born performer

[youtube]YKbsdMRqhcI[/youtube]

I'm so glad Limp Bizkit are back. Love their style of music and I for one am glad they didn't sell out to the new generation of music like bands like Linkin Park have (Lets be honest their stuff nowadays sucks in comparison to their older stuff) and stuck to their nu-metal/rapcore roots.

Foo Fighters: "Rope"

[YOUTUBE]kbpqZT_56Ns[/YOUTUBE]​

I haven't post in while here, so what better can be that post a song of my favorite band?

Seriously, I was very impressed the first time I heard this song. You could hear at the same time the typical sound of the Foo Fighters, their evolution and also their influences. It has this sound of bands from the 70's, the duality of the voices in some way has the form of the Beegees.

I could go on and on about how great is this song in terms of structure, production, overall sound but I'm gonna just say it's an awesome song that has plenty of energy.

[youtube]f3m3pM3Z-8Q[/youtube][youtube]29l7PDb2O9E[/youtube]
"Relentless Chaos" and "Masses of a dying breed" by Miss May I

I noticed these guys sound alot like some of my favorite bands (Like Asking Alexandria , The Devil Wears Prada , and so forth) so I'm listening to some of their music

I think their bands name is absolutley lame as hell , but what can you do I guess all the best names have already been taken and its hard to come up with a good name. Even my aforementioned similar band favorites names are sort of suckish names :shrug:

Anyway , cool band , cool songs , I like it. Probably gonna buy their latest album sometime soon as I need something new to listen to

[YOUTUBE]fN1JWyz_cQk[/YOUTUBE]

I've been listening to a lot of Britney lately. With Trip to Your Heart being the most played. I am listening to it right now. haha It is just a sweet sounding song. Not in the stoner way, but legitimately pretty and pleasant to listen to way. I love listening to it while I am driving at night. The instrumental, lyrics, and vocals just all mesh well together in such a romantic song. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQyQ...DFCEBF0E0A&index=23&playnext=3&shuffle=390436

Every Day- Rascal Flatts

Call me nuts but I love country music. And in all honesty, I'm listening to my YouTube playlist. XD This song is about peope helping each other through life. Rascal Flatts is an amazing band and even tho they've been around for ten years, they have yet to make a song I didn't like. They speak to the soul and never fail to impress

Bon Jovi- Bullet

A thunderous riff kicks off one of the heaviest songs Bon Jovi have ever done, and in my opinion one of the most catchy. I picked up their latest album "The Circle" for just ONE POUND in my local Sainsbury's recently. They were reorganising the music section, clearing old stock and selling it off cheap.

I had heard the lead single "We Were'nt Born To FolloW" and liked it so I thought it was worth it for a quid even if there were only a couple more songs I liked, and the album is mostly pretty good. This is probably my favourite track off it though

[youtube]6Ar7P3pCYPA[/youtube]

Spread by Andre 3000

I just heard the album this comes from, The Love Below, a few days ago, and it is incredible. This is the song that stuck with me after listening to it all the way through. This song is just so damn smooth. The drums pretty much drive this song throughout, along with Andre's great voice.

[YOUTUBE]v8ueA9FNb0U[/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE Godsmack! They are one the bands that I desperately want to see live, but they never come to the UK, which sucks :(

The IV album is absolute quality all the way through, there is not a bad song on it, and this is one of the more well known songs off it. It isnt anything out of the ordinary, just the usual Godsmack style, with Sully's angry growling vocals, the heavy loud drumming and a powerful chorus that remains in your head for a long time.

Good song, good album, good band. Godsmack FTW

[YOUTUBE]4PkcfQtibmU[/YOUTUBE]

Recently, I've been gearing myself up for seeing the Foo Fighters next week at the Roundhouse, so I've been listening to their new album "Wasting Light". This song really sticks out as one of the best on the album.

EDIT: Yes, you will have to go onto Youtube to watch this video.

Black Sabbath - The Sign of the Southern Cross

[Yt]RgjmxYL04V4[/MEDIA]

This is possibly my favorite song from Dio's Black Sabbath, which can be found off of their 1981 release, "Mob Rules."

[YOUTUBE]Ab_idIDbwv4[/YOUTUBE]​

Rawkfist-Thousand Foot Krutch

I use to listen to this song in class all the time back in 10th grade. A great song to get your blood pumping, same goes with your fists. A good solid rock song to basically just rock out to, Don't care so much for the video but the song is awesome.

Pink Floyd "The great gig in the sky"

[YOUTUBE]lBabMxnFQsQ[/YOUTUBE]​

I don't even where to begin with this song. It's simply one of the greatest pieces of art and music I've ever listen in my life.

This is everything that music and art stands for, it isn't about the money, it isn't about the fucking industry, is about the beauty of art. I don't use often these words but this song is just sublime, perfect, beatiful.

I insist this is all what music is about. It doesn't have a single word but man this song says many things. This song makes me feel something different everytime I hear it. I don't have anything else to say because words just can't describe this one. Just enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back