What song are you currently listening to?

Great song bro, saw them play it live when they came out here. Dear God is an outstanding track, whats your opinion on "Lost" from their self titled album? I posted I was listening to that earlier in this thread as I think its a very underrated song by them.

Anyway, I can't post a vid because I am at work but I am currently listening to "The Way I Am" by Eminem. Song pretty much summarizes what Eminem thinks about his haters and the controversy he created. Still find it funny when their was a time in America where it's biggest problem was Eminem.

The Way I Am is an immense track, easily my favourite Eminem song. Its aggresive without being overly violent and I prefer Eminem when he raps like that. Brilliant song.

As for "Lost" by A7X, I like it. I dont think its one of the best on the album, but there are alot of awesome tracks on there, pity they only put 10 on the album, there could have been alot more. "Almost Easy" is another great song on there too. I dont think there is a bad song on the album to be honest. My version of A7X is realllllly loud of some reason, probably twice as loud as anything else on my ipod and it deafens me everytime any song comes on. I need to sort that out because I cant listen to it as much as I like as I am in pain until I alter the volume every time haha.

As for what I am playin right now.....

[YOUTUBE]9f7LwuVF8Oo[/YOUTUBE]

What can you say about this...other than its a classic with one of the most recognisable riffs in music history. My friend is a HUGE Deep Purple fan and keeps telling me to check out more of their stuff, but I only have the big hits

I picked up a couple Nickatina compilation albums this week, both slap hellza hard.

My current favorite track is a remix collaboration between Nicky & Smoov-E. Nicky spits a fucking devastating rap, and Smoov-E holds his own with Nicky which makes for a good back and fourth between the two. The beat is absolutely off the charts, it could easily stand on it's own without anyone rapping over it, as it's a mini electronic ballad in itself.

Nickatina has one of the most unique styles out there, and continues to spit the hottest raps on the scene, if you've yet to check out what this bay area legend has to offer, here's your chance.

The Way I Am is an immense track, easily my favourite Eminem song. Its aggresive without being overly violent and I prefer Eminem when he raps like that. Brilliant song.

As for "Lost" by A7X, I like it. I dont think its one of the best on the album, but there are alot of awesome tracks on there, pity they only put 10 on the album, there could have been alot more. "Almost Easy" is another great song on there too. I dont think there is a bad song on the album to be honest. My version of A7X is realllllly loud of some reason, probably twice as loud as anything else on my ipod and it deafens me everytime any song comes on. I need to sort that out because I cant listen to it as much as I like as I am in pain until I alter the volume every time haha.

As for what I am playin right now.....

[YOUTUBE]9f7LwuVF8Oo[/YOUTUBE]

What can you say about this...other than its a classic with one of the most recognisable riffs in music history. My friend is a HUGE Deep Purple fan and keeps telling me to check out more of their stuff, but I only have the big hits

Eminem is at his best when does the more aggressive scream type vocals. I like the slim shady "accent" style as well, but I think he really shows his true talents on songs like "The Way I Am".

Ya I was a little disappointed with the lack of tracks on "Avenged Sevenfold" but I enjoy every one of them and honestly think it's their best work to date. I love "Nightmare" as well even if it took a few listens to fully grow on me. A7X is awesome lifting music man, I have probably about 4 songs of theirs on my workout soundtrack (speaking of which I still have yet to post that in said thread).

Again with the no video thing because of my work I am now listening to probably my favorite song when I am on a deserted road and I can fully rev the engine and just slam the gas.

Hell Yeah- Rev Theory

Lord have mercy does this song get my blood flowing, I always scream HELL YEAH when the singer says in the chorus "Give me a HELL, give me a YEAH!".

[YOUTUBE]GTHy1TG2bFE[/YOUTUBE]

I'm listening to the King/SRV sessions at the moment and SRV's soloing on this song just stands out!

Also the fact that Albert King is storytelling through a lot of'em is just effin' great.

[YOUTUBE]CFNY0fLwS4o[/YOUTUBE]

Lords of Acid ~ Pussy

This is just a great song. I am high as hell right now so I laughed my ass off watching this video. I heard this song at a strip club one time, so I asked one of the girls who it was.
I was surprised when I found a copy of the single at the record store that was down the road from my house, so I had to pick it up.

[YOUTUBE]2wY7cQEJMdM[/YOUTUBE]

Disturbed - Deify

It's been a while since I've posted in here. And what better way to get back into it than by posting some Disturbed? This song is slowly growing towards becoming one my favorite Disturbed track. Some great lyrics, especially the part building towards the chorus.

Been listening to a lot of Disturbed as of late, and they definitely have a lot of great songs. But this one keeps coming back to me as the favorite. I'm not exactly sure why, it's catchy, it's good to get you a little worked up (But then again, what Disturbed song WON'T do that for you?) and it's generally just something every Disturbed fan, or someone who wants to be a Disturbed fan needs to check out.

Hell Yeah- Rev Theory

Lord have mercy does this song get my blood flowing, I always scream HELL YEAH when the singer says in the chorus "Give me a HELL, give me a YEAH!".

Now that my friend, is a great driving song. Not something to listen to when in an area with low speed limits though haha!

[YOUTUBE]KCPhfyBurmA[/YOUTUBE]

New Order- Regret

Being from Manchester, it is only natural to be a fan of New Order. They are one of the 1st bands to use electronic music in their tracks, although the one I am posting now isnt one of the best examples of that.

After Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis commited suicide, the other band members reformed as New Order. However, with the names "Joy Division" and "New Order" they were accused of Nazism lol.

Later in their careers they moved away from the electronic music almost completely to make more guitar based indie, this is one of the songs where they demonstrated their ability to make other kinds of music than their famous late 80s output.

The Shredder - Ravage
[YOUTUBE]iSxDftX5_yc[/YOUTUBE]​

Ravage are a heavy metal band who do some pretty decent stuff. Nothing amazing but pretty solid. Anyway, this song is from the album The End of Tomorrow. It's a song about the one and only arch nemesis of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, otherwise known as The Shredder. It's got some decent stuff in it and it's worth checking out. I personally like it due to the strong guitar playing and pretty solid singing.

For me every morning is like this >:disappointed:

I wake up and its like blah, I have no job and nothing to really do. I've looked for a job forever in my area, and apparently someone who can bench 350 pounds regularly and squat over 500 pounds for shits and giggles isn't needed at a constrution site. So whatever, Every morning its like wow what to do. I get my dailly dose of whatever I feel like in me, and for the most part IT'S METAL!

[YOUTUBE]-nl_ttX031Y[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]R1Z9i7fxIgk[/YOUTUBE]

Ever Somber - Dälek

This is absolutely beastly hip-hop from one of my favorite current groups, rap or otherwise. Dälek is a rap group with a ton of muscle, anger, and passion and they use noise - a lot of noise - to get their point across. I adore this song. It's a slow cooker, but it's got a ton of heart and power. Compelling stuff. Their whole catalog comes highly recommended, particularly Absence.

I Get Off-Halestorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naIT6XfsjAw

There's something phenomenal hearing a gorgeous woman singing about getting off. There's something twice as good about hearing her sing about it live in person.

I went to Diesel, a local club in Pittsburgh this summer, to see RED play. One of my favorite bands, and a cheap show. We decided to check out the early acts as well, and the band playing before them was Halestorm. Id never heard of them, despite them being from PA, but was immediately blown away by the vocal range of the lead singer, Lizzy Hale. It didnt help that she was smoking hot, nor the way she seductively danced along the stage as she sang. This was my favorite of those songs, as she talks about getting off at the idea of someone getting off to her. Definitely the most memorable moment of the show.

[YOUTUBE]2x93iLj06iM[/YOUTUBE]

Hell fucking yeah!! What a riff, definitely one of my favourite riffs of all time. I have to throw my fists in the air whenever this comes on no matter what I am doing.

As usual, pretty immature lyrics from the Kid, but great guitaring, catchy as fuck and I do love the guys voice, he can actually sing.

Kid Rock is a pretty talented musician, and this one blows my mind really when he does the blues jam in the middle . Same Song but that much cooler with the John Lee improv-

[YOUTUBE]q5xKQ9h78mo[/YOUTUBE]

Kid Rock is a pretty talented musician, and this one blows my mind really when he does the blues jam in the middle . Same Song but that much cooler with the John Lee improv-

[YOUTUBE]q5xKQ9h78mo[/YOUTUBE]

Nice post man, very cool. I would love to go to a Kid Rock gig, and see his mix of Rap/Rock/Country, and I bet he would put on a hell of a show.

Good to see some ppl can appreciate the KID and not just give him shit, like happens on a lot of occasions. Alot of my friends always take the mick that I am still a Kid Rock fan haha, they only know his the rap/rock stuff like "Cowboy" and have no idea of his more "singing" style songs he has done since then

Guns N' Roses: "Estranged"

[YOUTUBE]dpmAY059TTY[/YOUTUBE]​

This is probably one of the most epics songs Ive EVER and I mean EVEEEEERRR heard :worship:. Is so progressive, complex and amazing. The way guitars are played here, it isn't at all the bluesy thing or hard rock thing that is classic Slash, is far more complex and beatiful. I'm so impressed with this song, you could see the road GnR were taking, but with all the departures from the members all this amazing journey ended. I think between this song and "november rain" we see how epic GnR could be. It's a real shame :disappointed: :banghead: Enjoy the last real piece of art that GnR did...

[YOUTUBE]4mMC5CWTT0s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Race for the Prize - The Flaming Lips

The Flaming Lips are one of my favorite rock bands and this, the opening song from their classic The Soft Bulletin is probably my favorite song of theirs. It's got everything I love about their music - sharp lyrics, beautiful symphonic melodies, and charm out the wazoo. If there is a more perfect modern rock song, I have yet to find it. This is the kind of music that gives you visions of riding a space panda in the outer reaches of the Final Frontier. Or something like that. Regardless, a fine piece of work.

Guns N' Roses: "Estranged"

[YOUTUBE]dpmAY059TTY[/YOUTUBE]​

This is probably one of the most epics songs Ive EVER and I mean EVEEEEERRR heard :worship:. Is so progressive, complex and amazing. The way guitars are played here, it isn't at all the bluesy thing or hard rock thing that is classic Slash, is far more complex and beatiful. I'm so impressed with this song, you could see the road GnR were taking, but with all the departures from the members all this amazing journey ended. I think between this song and "november rain" we see how epic GnR could be. It's a real shame :disappointed: :banghead: Enjoy the last real piece of art that GnR did...

Ah you son of a bitch, its creepy how much we think alike! <3

Estranged is the reason why I think Slash in an UNDERRATED guitarist and an overrated one. His guitar serenades something beautiful here and the valleys and peaks of this song are amazing. Excellent, excellent choice Rev.

Here's mine for the day

Meeting of The Spirits by Mahavishnu Orchestra

[YOUTUBE]DQG7XpCiSVA[/YOUTUBE]

The guitarist here John Mclaughlin is widely regarded as the very first shredder in mainstream music. In 1969 he assembled a group of virtuoso musicians to create Mahavishnu Orchestra and they definitely made an impact with their blend of Jazz/Rock/Eastern/Western Classical with their first album- The Inner Mounting Flame.

P.S Mclaughlin's the reason I finally learned to double pick. :)

[YOUTUBE]U9rkEgwVkH8[/YOUTUBE]

I found this song by mistake. I was searching on Limewire for the Adelitas Way music for Legacy and the song they did for Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (Invincible) then this came up to..so I thought why not? So glad I chose to download it.

What an brilliant track, I think the emotion in it is real and I cannot help myself from singing along at the chrous every time it comes on. I am definaitely going to check out more by this band, thats for sure.

Ah you son of a bitch, its creepy how much we think alike! <3

Estranged is the reason why I think Slash in an UNDERRATED guitarist and an overrated one. His guitar serenades something beautiful here and the valleys and peaks of this song are amazing. Excellent, excellent choice Rev.

Here's mine for the day

Meeting of The Spirits by Mahavishnu Orchestra

The guitarist here John Mclaughlin is widely regarded as the very first shredder in mainstream music. In 1969 he assembled a group of virtuoso musicians to create Mahavishnu Orchestra and they definitely made an impact with their blend of Jazz/Rock/Eastern/Western Classical with their first album- The Inner Mounting Flame.

P.S Mclaughlin's the reason I finally learned to double pick.

Mahavishnu is the shit. I once went to a trivia competition held at a local bar in my hometown and my friend insisted we name our team "Mahavishnu Fury" in honor of McLaughlin. :lmao:

[YOUTUBE]OqmCdSLnRmw[/YOUTUBE]

Blackmail Blues - Extra Life

I'm not much of a fan of Charlie Looker's Extra Life or his old band Zs, but "Blackmail Blues" is bad ass. I love the 80's King Crimson-style guitar and doomy violin melodies throughout and Looker's early Western influenced vocals are appropriately creepy. I have a feeling that this track would burn in a live setting.

[YOUTUBE]FOUMm-GBOI0[/YOUTUBE]

After posting another New Order song the other day, here is a 2nd. This is from the period where New Order were bringing electronic music to the masses in the late 80s.

I usually prefer their later, more guitar based stuff, but I love this one.

If you like electronic music, listen to this. This is one of the earliest and best

Mahavishnu is the shit. I once went to a trivia competition held at a local bar in my hometown and my friend insisted we name our team "Mahavishnu Fury" in honor of McLaughlin. :lmao:
Respect man. You are probably the only person here who knows who Mclaughlin is. Fucking shame more people don't. Jeff Beck calls the guy the best guitarist alive!!

Anyway here's another amazing axeman-

[YOUTUBE]Ax02a5q-hNE[/YOUTUBE]

Beautiful song composition. Just gettin' into Shawn Lane catalogue and the man was truly gifted. His blend here with Sufi Music, that originated in the Indo-Aryan region, is masterfully done. A guitarist you must give a listen to.

[youtube]MuAGBvWX2uQ[/youtube]​

I was talking to Ferbian a few days ago about finding something else to listen to, because my new, relatively small playlist was getting rather old pretty quick, as does all Top 40 songs after you listen to them for more than 10 minutes.

He started recommending to me some genres that I don't generally listen to, something like trance, and he linked me to this video.

Needless to say, I've had this song on repeat for like 3 days straight. I just haven't gotten sick of it.

I'm generally a pretty light sleeper, and when I go to sleep to music, I usually wake up like an hour later, annoyed, turning off the music I left off. I slept right through this one -- something I've never done before, even with the Pure Moods album. I gotta give Ferbian credit for this one.

[youtube]5qF_qbaWt3Q[/youtube]​

This song is always going to be on my playlist, as will any other Linkin Park song. They are by far my favorite band of all time. No one even comes close.

[youtube]MuAGBvWX2uQ[/youtube]​

I was talking to Ferbian a few days ago about finding something else to listen to, because my new, relatively small playlist was getting rather old pretty quick, as does all Top 40 songs after you listen to them for more than 10 minutes.

He started recommending to me some genres that I don't generally listen to, something like trance, and he linked me to this video.

Dude, I am going watching Above & Beyond on Boxing Day...just got into them myself. Check out the tracks "Alone Tonight" and "On A Good Day (Metropolis)" they are fucking great.

Now, onto what I am listenting to now....

[YOUTUBE]yDYwgob8Lnc[/YOUTUBE]

I always have my ipod on shuffle when I am getting ready for work, and this is the last track I listened to before leaving the house. I think Down are awesome, I prefer Phil Anselmo's voice compared to how he sounded in Pantera. He sings rather than shouts in most Down songs, and I prefer this style of guitaring compared to the heavier stuff Pantera produced.

I am hopefully getting the 3rd Down album for christmas, but Nola (their 1st) really is a classic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back