What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]-aPIXeAmpO8[/YOUTUBE]

Now, I would definately not call myself a big Ash fan. Fact is, I cannot stand most of their songs, but there are a few that I do really enjoy, and this is one of them.

I first heard it yeeears ago on a cassette tape (remember them?!) my parents got for me called "Smash hits '97" (which was actually pretty good and had Oasis, Blur, The Prodigy, Ocean Colour Scene and lots of others), and "Oh Yeah" stuck out as a really catchy, easy-to-listen to song that was great for singing along too.

I hadnt heard it for a while then caught it on TV a few months ago, and downloaded it after and listening to it brings back memories of car journies with my family and that tape haha

[YOUTUBE]UC7DXiEFHn4[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of my favorite TOO $HORT songs. It goes out to all the people who get treated like shit just because of where they call home. Just because you live in a bad part of town dose not mean you are worthless or that you are poor. This song lets people know that not everyone in the ghetto is on welfare or some kind of government assistance, nor are we all selling drugs and robbing folks.

Even if you are not a fan of the rap music and you are from the "bad" part of town you might like this track, as it lets the haters know "There's money in the ghetto".

Calvin Harris- Ready for the weekend, I heard FlashBack and found it to be quite an interesting listen so I decided to check out some more Calvin Harris and found Ready for the weekend to be a great listen, It's upbeat and always makes me feel Ready for the weekend.

I'm going to go buy his CD if I can find it (there's rarely any Calvin Harris stuff released in my local shopping centre)
I could just download it on I-tunes but I find this Album to be good and would rather have the CD.

[YOUTUBE]K913KVe3kH8[/YOUTUBE]

I have picked up the recently released Soundgarden greatest hits package "Telephantasm" simply for this new song and the stuff from their early days (Ultramega OK era) which I didnt already have.

This song "Black Rain" is a leftover from the time the band was making the BadMotorFinger album and is pretty good, and wouldnt be out of place on that album.

I cannot wait to hear some new material from Soundgarden, it is great to see the Knights Of The Soundtable riding together once again!

Back in the late 90's I was caught up in some shady activities, we used to make trips to Flint,Michigan once a week to pick up something(not relevant).
On these trips I would ride with two of my boys, one was from Flint-Town and would always want to bump The Dayton Family. When this track would come on he would go crazy, bouncing and rapping. It only took a few trips until his infectious behavior rubbed off on the other two of us.

The Dayton Family~Flint Town
[YOUTUBE]J_7qlkOb1aY[/YOUTUBE]

The beat on this track is the shit and TDF can flow pretty good. They have been around for awhile and are still pretty unknown. It might just be the nostalgic feeling I get when I bump this shit, but I love to hear this song.
I highly recommend checking out The Dayton Family if you like rap music.

[YOUTUBE]Ocq-EoHr1Vc&[/YOUTUBE]

Man i love a little christ in my metal sometimes. And if you want that please look no farther than asld. Gread band thats slowly rising to power. They are progressing from obscurity into the mainstreem but that dosen't bother me.

[YOUTUBE]wFuJcmPFUQk[/YOUTUBE]

There's really nothing to say about it. JME is my undisputed current favourite artist and is one of the pioneers of the grime scene. If you haven't listened to him before, I definitely recommend him. Blam!

[YOUTUBE]q0ZUbFVgZpc[/YOUTUBE]

The Game - It's Okay (One Blood) ft. Junior Reid

I'm not really sure what to say about this song and exactly why I choose to listen to it. It's an awesome song with a great beat, chorus and some great lyrics. I've always been very high on some natural rap that isn't all cars, money and sex. This song is just that (natural), and I really enjoy The Game when he's rapping songs like this.

I think it's one of the songs that truly put him on the map in terms of me taking notice to him. I had liked some of his previous songs, however this one more or less blew me away more than any of his other songs before or following.

Evanescence - So Close

[youtube]CdhqVtpR2ts[/youtube]​

One of my favorite songs from Evanescence. For some strange reason, I decided to listen to this song today. It might be to dispel the boredom of work. Amy Lee has probably the best voice I've ever heard. She makes every song of the band quite enjoybable.

Saliva's Song Always is a Great Song it was Made in 2005 and is still one of my Favourite Songs I love the Lyrics and is Genuinely a Good song here is the song

[YOUTUBE]v=7zEm-U1hC7E&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ7M2420OL4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ7M2420OL4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"Feelin' Myself" by Nipsey Hussle featuring Lloyd. I was just a minor fan of his for awile then i heard this and the first verse gets me bumping my head all sick. Sick lyricism good introduction to Mainstream. Lloyd gives a good hook too. Beat goes real hard its a Street Banger.

Another song is "Runaway" by Kanye West I dont know why but this song always gets me singing along to it especially the chorus. Then again im always feeling Hardcore Kanye shit.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rudkeNEJk_s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rudkeNEJk_s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NGrUVHqt2mE[/YOUTUBE]

I went watching Feeder in Manchester last night. Brilliant gig. I had forgotten how many great feel good songs the band had written, and "Just A Day" has to be their best. The crowd was absolutely loving it, and bouncing like crazy. I was sat on my brothers shoulders going mental throughout this track, and the music video for it is a classic too.

Just a fantastic, fun song which topped off a really enjoyable gig in a small intimate venue

[YOUTUBE]8p7jMXnLewY[/YOUTUBE]

The drumbeat, then the euphoria. What a track by Richard Ashcroft and the boys. A fantastic album, which is proven by the fact that this is one of the more unknown songs on Urban Hymns. For me, this is when The Verve were at their best. As much as I love the slower acoustic tracks, I love it when they go all out like on this song.

I have seen Ashcrfot live twice as a solo artist, but didnt manage to catch The Verve on their reunited tour, sadly they have broken up again now, and while Dicky plays some Verve stuff in his solo set, he didnt play this one. Maybe next time? ;)

The best part about Monday morning for me is getting all the UK music releases on itunes from the previous week, more than 3/4 of my Dubstep comes from the UK plus all that euro house I've gotten myself into (thanks tdigs).

So this morning I was able to pick up the the "new" Prometheus album, which was released in the UK on October 15th and finally made its way over to the US itunes today. I was more than willing to dish out my hard earned cash on this CD, as I'm pretty much a Twisted Records fan boy and will purchase anything released under that label.

The second track on the CD caught my attention right away, and before I knew it the eight minute track had flown on by, I haven't even gone back and given it a second listen yet, as I'm still making my way through this epic release from Prometheus.

Prometheus - Triplets

Now Before I Reveal The Song, I've Never Been That Big on Rap. I Think it's a decent genre with some good artists but I've never been overly interested in it. I will from time to time listen to a track though and that's what leads me to this:

Tech N9ne - Blackened The Sun
[YOUTUBE]75f4I-daWC4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

I actually listened to this track because it's the theme of the e-fed's current champion (and rap fan), Ty Burna. I've heard of Tech N9ne but never ever listened to a song of his so I knew nothing about him. I listened to this track and it was very different to what I expected. I was interested by it, it's different to a lot of rap.

I did a little research and it turns out that Tech N9ne was going through some personal problems during the making of his album; K.O.D (King of Darkness). This lead to him returning to his routes of a darker style and channelled a lot of his anger into the creation of the tracks on this album. That is rather obvious in this song.

[YOUTUBE]-jHEGU5iuIU[/YOUTUBE]

I absolutely love Creed, always have. Weathered is one of my favourite albums of all time, and "Signs" is a great tune. Brilliant riff from Mark Tremonti and Scott Stapp provides us with his usual fantastic vocals.

I was rocking out to this in the car on the way home from work today, I thought I had lost my copy of the album but found it under the bed yesterday..obviously had to play this little classic again!

I got the new ABK(AnyBody Killa) cd last Tuesday and did not really get a chance to listen to it yet. I know a lot of people hate ABK, but I gives two fucks. Even a few Juggalos hate on ABK because he has got a lisp and he brings the Native Funk to his style of rap. I was checking out the cd, when this track came on.

[YOUTUBE]3NAsdoR6ieU[/YOUTUBE]

I am going to be real with y'all for a second. I had a friend who was killed 6 years ago, that shit fucked me up. We had been friends since we were 14, and he even lived with my family when his step-dad kicked him out the house. He was even the person responsible for me getting my first piece of ass.
As soon as I heard this song I flashed back to the last time I could remember seeing him, and how I wish things could have turned out different. It really fucking sucks loosing a brother.
I'll stop ranting now that I got tears rolling down my face...sorry y'all.

[YOUTUBE]p_MuUcxHATo[/YOUTUBE]

This classic is on the radio at work, so I thought I would treat y'all to the full length video.

An absolutely legendary track by one of the greatest, and sadly missed artists of all time, Mr Jackson.

It isnt my favourite Jacko tune, that honour goes to "Beat It" and " Billie Jean", but I can still appreciate the genius of Thriller.

Enjoy my brothers

Big Gigantic - I Need A Dollar

So, yesterday was our very own Doug Crashin's birthday, and in honor of him (he plays the sax) I thought I'd download some Big Gigantic. I can't believe I hadn't gotten any of their albums, especially since they're free. Anyway, I got an album and this little beauty of a single and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I love the smooth jazzy sounds mixed with electronic funk. Have to thank SSC for telling me about the band, back in our Electronic Sampler Platter days.

Great band. If you like this, be sure to check out their Myspace as all their music is free.

[YOUTUBE]ScJezHweiYc[/YOUTUBE]

Not usually my type of music but whatever. I love this song. My girlfriend is a big fan of The Script and introduced me to them, I am not that keen on most of their songs, but "I Cry" is really good. I really do like the chorus and the singer has a decent voice.

I had the chance to go and watch them in 2011 but decided against buying a ticket and I am going to see Motorhead instead! Yeahhh!!!

Linkin Park - Blackout

[youtube]MaoTqScOr4c[/youtube]​

While I wasn't that big on Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns has greatly revitalized my love for Linkin Park. Blackout is most definitely my favorite song on the album. An interesting blend of sounds along with Chester's great vocals makes for a good song.

Continuing My Yu-Gi-Oh! week or so, the song I've been listening to recently is:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Opening Song #3 - Wild Drive
[YOUTUBE]wk5z0Aiebr8[/YOUTUBE]​

So This is the 4th opening Song in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime, Used During the Second Part of the Battle City Arc. It has a pretty catchy tune with a guitar solo that's played repeatedly, and is pretty awesome, arguably the highlight of the song. It's almost a pop song of sorts.

The Song's Lyrics Speak of Going through a journey and attempting to accomplish something, going on to detail that you are going for a 'Wild Drive' (hence the name of the song).

I ride on top of the white line oh oh oh
sit down,
To that place I trust oh oh oh
We can get there while we ponder!

With the freedom and passion that everyone can have
The journey for us who were born to shine continues
Your soul is the best bet to support the unexpected days
The best growth brings forth
An Unstoppable Wild Drive

It's a unique song that I could listen to again and again because of it's catchy tune and good guitar solos.

[YOUTUBE]A3OT-uxx6_Y[/YOUTUBE]

A nice catchy bouncy ska-esque tune from this cheeky scouse band. My friend and I were quite into The Ordinary Boys at one point a few years ago (this was well before Preston went on Celebrity Big Brother and became an arrogant prick), and he told me about a band who were pretty similar- The Dead 60's.

Anyway, this is off their 1st album and I never tire of hearing it, it always puts me in a good mood. The whole album is fun and catchy, and its a shame they have broken up now.

I am sure this song was on one of the "Burnout" games too, not sure which one though

Alice In Chains - Lying Season

[YOUTUBE]-MIFHA3ObHQ[/YOUTUBE]

A previously unreleased song, its heavy and harkens back to the Facelift era style of music with a Dirt feel (moreso the lyrics)

Its only off the Music Bank compilation and I was looking for it on CD but its £50ish so I decided to download it instead (thanks iTunes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back