What if The Colons were heels?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
I ask what if The Colons were heels? Prior to the 2008 WWE Draft, Carlito was just a heel jobber on Raw. Then in the draft, Carlito was drafted back to Smackdown, while several weeks later, Primo would debut on Raw. After one match on Raw, Primo was quickly switched to Smackdown, thus forming the brother tandem.

In only their second match as a team in WWE, they won the WWE Tag Team Championships. The brothers from San Juan then started a mini fued with Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder and also The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson. After winning both those fueds, The Colon would later fued with the World Tag Team Champions The Miz and John Morrison. Miz and Morrison won nearly every match the two teams had, but lost when it really mattered. At Wrestlemania 25, Carlito and Primo defeated The Miz and John Morrison to become the new Unified WWE Tag Team Champions!

Now I ask what if they were heels? Would they have gotten the same success? Would that mean the Miz and Morrison would have to be turned faces? Or would they have had to fued with an already face tag team, like Cryme Tyme. Since Carlito was a heel before his brand switch, Primo would have easily became a heel by aligning himself with Carlito. If they were heels, would we still end up with Unified Tag Team Titles? Or what about this past week on Raw... would Carlito's attack on Primo have different meaning, turn him face?

Please... elaborate!

I´d say no, they wouldn´t have had the same succes because if they were heel they would´ve faced a babyface team, and what good babyface teams does the WWE have ? .... None. They had Miz and Morrison who were really over and they had the Colons who were also quite over and they had a good feud.

If the Colons would´ve faced ... for example Cryme Tyme, who would really have cared ? Who pays attention to Cryme Tyme anyway ? A feud with them means nothing.

The Colons needed to be the faces because they had to be the opposite of Miz and Morrison, because the two teams were the only ones that actually had the potential to become big and with their little feud they did become big.

And please don´t throw Priceless in there, they were to busy lying on the floor after yet another Triple H beat down.

What if they were interesting is more like it in my opinion. I don't really think it makes all that much of a difference, but I do think it would help just a bit. Tag heels tend to get over more.

As for them individually...

Carlito, I think, can be interesting at times especially as a heel. I also happen to think he'd be more over if he dropped the accent (no he doesn't really talk like that, at least from everything I've seen out of the ring). As for Primo, I have no interest in him. He has a terrible terrible look. He looks like a 14 year old trying to stack up to his big brother. I don't know if Primo can survive without Carlito, but Carlito can certainly survive without Primo.

Lets see Colon brothers are split and its wrong Vince has screwed up again
Keep them as heels bad enough you got no tag teams left in WWE let alone Edge is out of Action and Chris Jericho will have to regain the IC Title back !
I knew it all along Legacy will win the titles it is in the works
Legacy wins it When Edge recreates his injured achilles tendon again and Jericho goes back to IC title for 10 th time! 10 th time !lol

I have to say if the Colons were faces, they wouldn't be nearly as successful as they are. Like spead said the only feud they would of had would be with Cryme tyme if they were heels. They wouldn't have dominated because simply there wouldn't be a face tag team to dominate. Its a well known fact that Vince dosn't like tag teams and now he split up the only over face tag team in the WWE. So now unless they call up a tag team, or can find two wrestlers who really work well together then the only feud who ever wins the tag belts will be against Cryme Tyme.

Not only that, but now that Carlito and Primo have split lets face it Primo dosn't stand a chance at succeeding. I will be the first to admit this split can only hurt they're careers. What chance does Primo really have of standing out alone without Carlito? I mean he uses the Backstaber as his own finisher. So after this little feud lets face it Primo is without a doubt either go to being a jober or getting the phrase good luck in your future endeavors. Anyway its too soon to have another Brother feud anyway with the Hardy's just ending they're feud. Overall bad move Vince. You made us believe that you were really starting to build up the tag team division again and then you go back to killing it.

What if they were interesting is more like it in my opinion. I don't really think it makes all that much of a difference, but I do think it would help just a bit. Tag heels tend to get over more.

Ryder and Hawkins come to mind. Not all tag teams function as heels. Sometiems it hinders the team if they're heels. It's all a matter of how to make it work.

As for them individually...

Here comes the stigmatizing.

Carlito, I think, can be interesting at times especially as a heel.

There, I agree. Carlito's better as a heel

I also happen to think he'd be more over if he dropped the accent (no he doesn't really talk like that, at least from everything I've seen out of the ring).

He does, man. Trust me, he does. His normal accent is really thick when he's spekaing Spanish, so it's only natural for it to be like that in English

As for Primo, I have no interest in him. He has a terrible terrible look. He looks like a 14 year old trying to stack up to his big brother. I don't know if Primo can survive without Carlito, but Carlito can certainly survive without Primo.

Eddie Colón (I ain't calling him Primo!) can make it. But he's stuck in the wrong show. If there's one thing that Eddie can do is feud with his brother. I just hope they come through and put on a program. It's just gonna remind me of the days that they feuded in WWC, which probably lasted half a year.

If the Colóns were heels, Primo would just look lost and look like Cantinflas with that 'stashe he's rocking. And of course, Vince splits them up, only to turn Primo face and end up back where we started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back