What Can The WWE Do With Them?-Primo

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Here we go again, today I look at what the WWE can do Primo.

Primo has been in the WWE since 2008, where he worked dark matches on RAW and Smackdown. After working dark matches, the WWE sent him down to FCW. He was placed in a tag team with another superstar and they were known as "The Puerto Rican Nightmares." That was about it for Primo in FCW. In August of 2008, Primo made his debut in a backstage segment on RAW with then GM, Mike Adamle, it was cut short because Adamle had to talk to John Cena. He made his in-ring debut a week later beating Charlie Hass dressed up as Carlito. After this, Primo was moved to Smackdown, where the storyline of hate for his brother was dropped. On Smackdown, he was placed in a Tag Team with his brother Carlito. They were known as "The Colons." They won the Tag Titles from Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder, after, they entered a feud with World Tag Team Champions, The Miz and John Morrison, this feud culminated at Wrestlemania 25, where they both competed in a match that would unify the two titles. After winning the Unified Tag Titles at Wrestlemania, they were in various mini-feud for the titles when they finally lost them to Edge and Chris Jericho at The Bash. After losing again against them on RAW, Carlito turned on Primo. After, Primo was rarely seen except a few matches here and there on Superstars. Primo turned heel after he re-alligned with his brother on Superstars. Since Carlito was released, we havent seen much of him.

Here's what the WWE can do with him:

Turn him face and pair him with another ailing superstar, or somebody from FCW, possibly Hunico. Once he is in a team with somebody, have them go after the Tag Titles, thus adding another Tag Team to the Tag division. Primo and his partner could go as far as to win the titles. However, Primo is mostly a Tag Team Division wrestler. He could be the IRS to a Ted Dibiase, a Brutus Beefcake to a Hulk Hogan, or possibly a Marty Janetty to a Shawn Michaels. There is not much the WWE can do to make Primo a big star, it seems that he is destined to stay in the Tag Division. But if the WWE played it's cards right, having Primo in various teams could keep him on TV, as well as push the other superstars that he teams with.

What would you do with Primo?

What would I do with Primo...? Two words: future endeavors.

However, if firing him isn't an option, than I guess I would try to go down your path. He was brought in as a guy to work with his brother Carlito. At the time, it was thought that Primo's presence in the WWE would make Carlito work harder, or at least care about what he was doing there. It seemed to be working for awhile, while they were tag team champions, but Carlito's leaving was the last chance Primo will probably ever have.

The WWE like to pair guys together and debut them at live house shows, to get a feel for how the crowd reacts to them. According to Twitter, they have been pairing Primo up with Goldust for a while now, and who knows how well that's working. But it won't be the first or last time the WWE tries to put two failing superstars together and try to make it work. Sometimes magic happens, but most of the time it falls flat. Honestly, no matter what they "try" to do with him, by the time the 2011 cut-backs roll around, I expect Primo's name to be on the list. Sorry to be so down on him, it's not like I don't think he has some talent. I just don't see that the WWE will really ever do anything to make the fans give a hoot about him.

Either release him or make him a jobber to the stars after a small push. There's no point to having him take up a salary if he's not even going to be on TV more than say once every three months. No one watches Superstars so it's not like he's needed really. He's taking up a salary and a roster spot and no one wants to see him that I know of. I see no point to keeping him around. Either make him a jobber to the stars like he should be or cut him.

They definitely need to get rid of this guy. Primo is not very good and he doesn't have anywhere to go from here so he should be released and if they won't release him they should make him a jobber just like KB said. Primo is just terrible.

Sadly, unless there is a reincarnation of the Cruiserweight title, or Carlito comes back which i doubt, he has a dim future. They could always move him and have him tag with Chavo. Doubt it though

Primo is another lost cause. My eyes went three inches from my head when I heard that VKM released Carlito but not Primo. Stinger, my man, my buddy, I'm sorry, your ideas are good and all, but Primo just isn't that good. Future Endeavors are coming his way, plain and simple.

EDIT: I didn't want to be Primo, I was forced to be...I was originally Freakdust.

simple, bring back the cruiserweight divison on smackdown, get all the cruisers overthere like yoshi, justin gabriel etc, and thinks cud get really interesting, seen as raw has most tagteam important matches based there

Honestly, just release him or send him back to FCW, and bring him back in a year when no one remembers who he is. He's just as lackluster as Carlito. I just have no interest in him or any of his matches.

simple, bring back the cruiserweight divison on smackdown, get all the cruisers overthere like yoshi, justin gabriel etc, and thinks cud get really interesting, seen as raw has most tagteam important matches based there, similar to the Xdivison in tna

Seriously, Primo is a bad talent. He wont make it very far In the WWE and I fully expect him to be future endeavoured in the coming months.

However, as for what the WWE could do with him, the sky really is the limit. They could make him the World Champion if they wanted to but they wont do that. Rather, they will likely allow him to roam the annals of the WWE halls and they will eventually see him form another tag team with someone we don’t care about and after that inevitably fails, we will likely see him back on Superstars.

Honestly, I am trying to as nice as I can but there is nothing I can say about Primo that makes me think that he will become successful. He has zero charisma and is terrible on the mic. Sure, he is pretty good in the ring but the fans care very little about him and that shows in everything he does. No one likes to see him on WWE Programming and although it is very sad for him, he hasn’t shown me enough to make me think that he deserves a place in the WWE. Rather, I would let him go sooner rather than later.

So much Primo hate. I don't get it.

I actually really like the guy. He's a fun talent, and enjoyable to watch. His tag team with Carlito should have gone somewhere, but WWE decided to be stupid and split it up, and when it was finally reformed, Carlito decided to do drugs and show up unfit to work.

The best thing to do would be for Primo to get his other brother from FCW and start a new Colon Bros. tag team. Maybe have Rosa Mendes as their valet and it could turn the Harts/Usos feud into a three-way wrestling family feud. I'd love to see it.

No hate for Primo, I really do like this guy...but honestly I think they should give him "Future Endeavours" just because there is an influx of younger talent entering so he will obviously not get much TV time.

However I have another option. Another poster said that he has a brother in FCW and I read that WWE is planning NXT 3. I say put younger Colon on NXT 3, start giving Primo a small push now,so he will be a relevent coach, and have him coach his brother. After the show make these 2 a tag team...and go from there

I say team him up with Chavo, both are doing nothing and are former tag team champions.
I would not have them win the gold,but use them to get newer teams over.They need more tag teams to help build the division. Back in the day we had teams like The Bolsheviks, and Power and Glory that were two random lower mid card guys, teamed together and used to get others over. It seems like teams just win the belts and then break up now days, the division needs some teams with longevity.

Other than that, I agree with the thought of bringing back the lightweight title to SMACKDOWN. That would give a lot of the smaller guys something to do. I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Primo should get a push as he's the better Colon of him and Carlito. Primo reminds me of Mondo Guerrero while Carlito was the Hector, it ain't Primo fault for his place right now it's people like Randy Orton or Rey Mysterio, jr as the get everything handed to them on a silver platter while people like Primo, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, John Morrison and the obvious Christian and a few others don't get nothin. So I hope Orton and Mysterio would be injured so the real deservin people get pushed cause they only got where they was on name while The Miz fought and scrambled to the Top as would Primo. They should have Primo be the Pro of his bro Orlando and dont acknowledge it til aftr it's over. If they put him another Tag team I say his partner should be if stays heel Chavo if they turn him face Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, The Great Khali or Chris Masters as he has alot of potential in my book he oozes charisma but the won't give him mic time. Give him a chance due to his lazy bro.

Primo should have been released, he is a bigger star in Puerto Rico, let him go there and stay, he never entertained me one bit, he had skills in the ring but that can only take you so far, you need mic skills and charisma whic he has neither. Its a shame he's just like his brother, plus he is just wasting space taht could be filled by more worthy talent. I went to a Smackdown Tour show last year and neither of the brothers had charisma and i lost interest in that match, if the people lose interest in you then you have no hope in getting over or being pushed.

I like Primo alot.But he's not gonna go anywhere on Raw.There's much more room to grow on Smackdown,and at the very least,he's on superstars like every other week,so that has to count for something.I think he's a decent little guy,he sells perfectly(ex. taking the Punjabi Plunge and just folding like a lawn chair).But there's nothing for him to do on Raw,and to correct myself on Smackdown either.

I like the idea him being on NXT 3 and then becoming a tag team. Also I like seeing him team up with Ryder on Superstars. Maybe they can make them the male "Simply Flawless" or capitalize on mtv's jersey shore and make them like the guys on the show. Fans would hate them

Unless they bring back the cruiserweight division then I see no future for him except getting released and maybe going to TNA although I doubt they would want him. The only possible future I see for him is in the very unlikley senario Carlito comes back and a Harts/Usos/Colons family fued happens, I would definitely like to see that.

Honestly,

I usually am all for a strong mid-carder, but Primo has not even shown me he could be even that. I was going to say a Comedy Jobber but do you really need anymore out of Santino? However I do like the previous mentioned Idea of bringing up another brother to form an other Colon Team. Yes he is good in the ring but so are many others who deserve time more then he does.

His Future Endeavored wont bother me when it happens.

Suprised I haven't seen what I'm about to type yet.

Want to get Primo involved in a relevant storyline to see what he can really do? Have him join the Straight Edge Society. Make the group bigger, and have Primo move to Smackdown and team with Gallows. Give Primo the new look, new style, and new attitude and maybe fans will catch on to him. If he gets little to no reaction in the big heel group on Smackdown, then you FE him and show the fans you tried.

Primo has never struck me as anywhere near entertaining, or useful for that matter.

Primo has always come off to me as the guy that only made sense around Carlito. Carlito isn't here anymore, so what is Primo doing here? yep, nothing, he's useless now.

Of course he could be used to put over talent, but even with that he has absolutely no momentum to put anybody but the NXT rookies over. He's not anywhere on the mid-card to be considered in a position to put over the WWE mid-card into the upper mid-card or main event scene.

And if WWE was to make him one to put over talent, he'd need a push himself first. But even if he then started putting people over, he's loose that legitimacy and credibility he had gained from the push.

The fact that Primo is barely ever around, maybe a few appearances on Superstars, shows that they have nothing for him, and he really has no reason to be there. So why is he? I don't know, I would've released him with Carlito.

And that's what I see happening, a Future Endeavor note.

I don't see him going anywhere, definitely on the future endeavoued list. There is realy no purpose of him being in the WWE other than the title of "Jobber", without Carlito there, he has no chance. I don't think he will even make it in TNA, maybe he would be more successful as an Indie wrestler, or possibly WWC if that is still around

Primo has three major problems working against him:

1: His brother was never exactly Mr. Polite and he may suffer for that.
2: He's less talented than his brother and about half the roster.
3: There are better wrestlers of the same size on the roster (Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, etc...)

That's not to say he's a lost cause. Primo still has the potential to do something. I think they could possibly offer him a sort of storyline in which (similar to Shawn Michaels) he could have a bodyguard. Someone of tremendous, size, strength and an intimidating look. A bodyguard could do wonders for Primo's personality as well. His character would be developed showing he's cocky, arrogant and believes he needs protection because of that. He could beat a string of jobbers to build his credibility and slowly rise up the ranks, possibly even go after the tag team championships with his bodyguard. That's just my thoughts.

A tag partnership or mentoring role with his younger brother is probably the only future Primo could look at and find himself still in the 'E.
I think he may have suffered a little bit because of Carlito but even in the tag team it was Carlito's Backstabber getting the wins (love that move btw). He can only do so much and wouldn't make a great a singles star unless the Cruiserweight title is brought back.

Primo will probably be turned into a jobber in the near future. If Carlito was still around, then reforming the tag team they once had MIGHT help him, but Carlito is gone now. Primo isn't going to go any where on Raw. There are a couple of big storylines taking place on Raw, and the mid card is already stacked with talent, so he's not going anywhere. Primo just isn't that good, and if WWE's not going to do anything worth while with him, then he should be cut. Unfortunately, there's nothing special about Primo, and if he is let go, It won't hurt WWE in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back