The Colons are back

Gabriiel07

Dark Match Winner
Thursday for me is most of the time boring, so for it not being that boring, I don't watch the spoilers of WWE Superstars, so I was checking the results and something got my attention.

Carlito vs. Primo ended in a no-contest.

It was a long time after this guy have fight, so I decided to see what happened. It said that Carlito stopped the match and asked Primo to become his tag-team partner again.
I think that this is a good idea since they can be in the main-event card again. They can feud with The Hart Dynasty and with The Miz and Jericho.
What are your thoughts of this reformed tag-team? Are they going to succed again?

I'm happy that they're back together because they obviously weren't doing anything on their own. They worked very well as a tag team and had some very entertaining stuff to boot. In my opinion they never should have split the team to start with. No I don't think they're going to win gold again but I think they'll still be a decent midcard act.

Yeah I think that they will probably start in the mid-card, but they will go to the main-event in some way. I mean, who are they are going to feud in the mid-card, Koslov and Regal? Maybe when they start, but not all the time.
But that's just my opinion.

In no way, shape, or form will the Colons ever be in the main event. Unless they are involved in a gauntlet match.

Why not? They had a good feud against the Miz and John Morrison, now they can return to something in which they can actually succed. After all, the tag team divison in actual WWE is really messed up. And WWE Fatal Four Way is coming, they can make a match for the tag-team championships, that includes the Colons.

I actually watched the whole thing on Superstars. Carlito cut a pretty strong promo and its worth checking out .But when they formed again based on that promo and the aftermath with the crowed booing them I think they are going to be a heel tag team.

What are your thoughts of this reformed tag-team? Are they going to succed again?

Succeed? No, but they'll make some noise. I feel like this is Carlito's last chance in the WWE or else he'll get his release papers and Primo will probably follow. So maybe, just maybe, he'll start getting his game back to where it was when he was the midcard champion. No one really knows or cares for Primo, so it's up to Carlito to carry this team.

These two will probably get multiple shots at the titles (i.e. Cryme Tyme) but they won't ever get the belts back around their waists again. When they were the first ever unified tag team champions, no one cared. I highly doubt 10 people around the world cared that this team even reformed to tell you the truth. So what gives you reason that this team will ever succeed again? I don't think creative will really push these two. They'll probably be jobbers to the likes of the Hart Dynasty, the Fortunate Sons, E&C, and other more popular tag teams.

I feel like there's one way to attract attention though. They have a cousin down in FCW called Tito. If creative brings him up to team with his cousins, along with a proper manager (Rosa), this team could more or less talk and cheat their way into the main event scene. Carlito is great on the mic and perhaps this team could borrow a page from Los Guerreros and lie, cheat and steal to win. It's not unique or creative but if you can recycle gimmicks, you can play off characters of old.

Colon.jpg
Carlito19.jpg
Primo_Colon.jpg
3325118345_dc60918678.jpg

You need to learn what the main event is. I'll provide you with a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_event#Main_event

LOL, wikipedia is NOT factual information. Any idiot with an internet connection can post info on wikipedia. I havent even opened your link, but sourcing wikipedia is just ******ed... sorry man.

I think this is great that the Colons are back together. They were both jobbers as singles wrestlers. I wouldnt see why they wouldnt be in a fatal four way match if the Hart Dynasty will be defending.

I agree with Thrilla. Have them Lie, Cheat, and Steal (don't use that phrase though). Have them as a heel team that does what ever they need to to win and be noticed. Carlito has been bitching for weeks about not being used so have him come out and say some thing about he's made amends with his brother (and Tito possibly) and they've decided to take over the tag division

I've always been a fan of Carlito and putting him back in the team really got him credibility most recently by teaming up with his brother is great. It adds another team to a much better tag division that how it was when they first formed. I'm excited to see the Colons again.

I like the sound of it, people complain about the tag team division and how its dying and I agree, so I honestly cant complain. Plus I think they were a good team, had good chemistry because they are brothers. And if they're a heel team be nice to see them feud with HD or if they're face feud with Jeri-Miz or whatever they're called, or could feud with Gallows and whoever the other guy is who'll end up joining S.E.S. Either way whatever happens its a good thing because the tag team division hasn't been much of a division, especially now how Cryme Tyme are done, Morrison/Truth were thrown together, didn't mind it but they're better on their own.

i think its to late for these 2. they should of never split them up in the first place. they could of had a great feud with jeri-show or legacy last summer but wwe droped the ball on that one. they will job out to teams like miz/jericho heart dynasty and regal/kozlov. they shoudl of traded carlito to sd and pair up primo with bourne

i waswaiting for them to make up and be the colons again...plus wwe are running out of teams, and recently it lookds like they're making some,

vance archer and curt hawkins
the dudebusters
hart dynasty
ses

plus their are teams like mark henry and mvp, who i believe are no more...miz and jericho, who knows?

As it stands, crazier things have happened than The Colons winding back up in the thick of the WWE tag title hunt. These men make a very credible team, have sufficient in-ring and mic skills and provide a nice, experienced addition to what could be a revived tag team roster.

While I do not immediately foresee The Colons taking the belts, I do think they'll wind up in the Fatal Fourway match for the belts. If teams like MVP/Mark Henry could spend months as the "#1 contenders," then surely a pair of former Unified Tag Champs would immediately jump back into the chase? Who is going to stop them, Kozlov and Regal? The jobbed out DudeBusters? No, I can't see it.

WWE creative has done the best thing it can for these two. It's an opportunity for both to both have either a last hurrah with the company or once again prove themselves useful enough to keep around. We'll see which it is soon enough.

I honestly cannot understand why the WWE broke them up in the first place. Both men were on the card (most of the time) then suddenly they were broken up. Then both were rarely getting on superstars. The more tag teams the better right now so this can only be good for both men, the tag division and what ever else.

I really like this. They may be a heel tag team, but they are a team again. The tag division is in sore need of teams, so why not put the first Unified Tag Team Champions back together. Carlito and Primo have done just about nothing since they split and aren't going to go anywhere as singles competitors anytime soon if ever for that matter. It's nice to see them back together because they were a nice team and they were fun to watch! Looking forward to this move.

Smart move by the WWE. Primo wasn't obviously going anywhere and Carlito was floundering around for quite a while now with creative finally giving him a second chance as well as Carlito having a newfound work ethic for the company. The RAW scene is heavily injected with Main Eventers, so these two wouldn't get much time if they were alone. With the Hart Dynasty face, they'll need some formidable challengers on their own turf.

Carlito cut an excellent promo on Superstars which, if you have the time to check out this week's episode, is worth watching. All in english (as Carlito has been known to trail off) with so much passion. This heel version of the team can work well for both stars if they don't get absolutely drilled into the ground consistently. It's something else for Carlito to do with Michael Tarver possibly getting axed off of NXT.

I never understood why they broke up in the first place, but with the memory of the average fan, this reformation will seem like something fresh and most won't be able to pinpoint the real reason why they split. Works out well for everyone.

The PROBLEM is simple, WWE wants to build more Latin stars but they seem to not to be able to get Carlito over. Well the answer is simple they are not fully tapping or letting him tap into the large Peurto Rican fan base. He is a natural to fit that role since his pappy is a wrestling GOD in PR.

just seems to me like 2 guys going nowhere paired together to go nowhere together as a team. They wont get the push they deserve whether single or as a tag team.

This is good. Where was Carlito after the Colon's broke-up? Jobbing and being in feud #96 with Chris Masters. Primo? Jobbing....end of story. The Colons won a match at 'Mania. But for the time being I see a three way feud with the Hart Dynasty and Jeri-Miz. Then they will fade into obscurity.

I like the Idea in fact I've been thinking about it for quite some time now. I think a poster above me already mentioned their cousion Eddie Colon or Tito as he's called but I think he as a point. Those three Plus rose would be great. and while the're at it a move to smackdown wouldnt hurt eaither. WWE can use them to boost the spanish ratings much like they're using Rey Rey.

Successful? Why not after all carlito won the IC and US titles and he along with primo are former wwe tag champs as well as the 1st ever unified tag champs. Give carlito a mid card title and let eddie (tito) and Primo have the tag titles. its a way to make them successful without makeing them successful if that makes any sense

LOL, wikipedia is NOT factual information. Any idiot with an internet connection can post info on wikipedia. I havent even opened your link, but sourcing wikipedia is just ******ed... sorry man.

Had you used what little brain you have, you would have seen that what I posted was a fact, moron. But, I'll bet you are not used to using a brain, are you? Most things on Wikipedia are in fact, factual. I'ts trendy to think all of Wikipedia is a lie. I understand that. A few people claim it's bullshit and monkey see, monkey do. I'll bet you are one of those idiots who thinks they can't catch a virus through Firefox too, aren't you?

I think this is great that the Colons are back together. They were both jobbers as singles wrestlers. I wouldnt see why they wouldnt be in a fatal four way match if the Hart Dynasty will be defending.

They will still be jobbers as a tag team. Nothing will change. Like I said, use what little brain you have. Thanks.

Had you used what little brain you have, you would have seen that what I posted was a fact, moron. But, I'll bet you are not used to using a brain, are you? Most things on Wikipedia are in fact, factual. I'ts trendy to think all of Wikipedia is a lie. I understand that. A few people claim it's bullshit and monkey see, monkey do. I'll bet you are one of those idiots who thinks they can't catch a virus through Firefox too, aren't you?

They will still be jobbers as a tag team. Nothing will change. Like I said, use what little brain you have. Thanks.

LOL, I am a masters student at Columbia University. I guess that a prestigious university that states Wikipedia IS NOT FACTUAL is wrong too. Thats fine, I dont mind you insulting me. Have a great day buddy

LOL, I am a masters student at Columbia University. I guess that a prestigious university that states Wikipedia IS NOT FACTUAL is wrong too. Thats fine, I dont mind you insulting me. Have a great day buddy

Almost any educational institute will say wikipedia is not a reliable source. But that's not because the information is wrong, it's because it is easily changed. In other words, you should use wikipedia and follow the sources and citations provided. It's not a hard concept to click the blue number next to the text. It'll take you to the link to the source of that information. In fact I'm gonna go ahead and say that you aren't a masters student at Columbia University, because I don't think one would be as idiotic when it comes to Wikipedia as a source.

Phew, rant done.

Carlito has actually been entertaining on Superstars lately, even though he's been losing. And I knew the second I saw Primo that he would get back into the tag team with Carlito. I'm glad, now hopefully we'll see a resurgence of the tag titles.

Im glad that they're a tagteam again, they never should have broken up in the first place. Carlito and Primo are both good and i liked them before as a team, they really worked well together. Also WWE needs more Tagteams. I just hope they get some air time and actually have some matches so that the tagteam division isnt overpopulated by Jericho and The Miz.

Off topic, Miz should not be in the tagteam division if he is still US champion. Just my opinion, sorry about that.

Almost any educational institute will say wikipedia is not a reliable source. But that's not because the information is wrong, it's because it is easily changed. In other words, you should use wikipedia and follow the sources and citations provided. It's not a hard concept to click the blue number next to the text. It'll take you to the link to the source of that information. In fact I'm gonna go ahead and say that you aren't a masters student at Columbia University, because I don't think one would be as idiotic when it comes to Wikipedia as a source.

You stole my exact post. Word for word. The bold part was my emphasis too. :worship:

Now, Wikipedia is accurate for the most part. In all my time looking up pro wrestling, I have yet, to come across one single mistake. Why is pro wrestling accurate on Wikipedia? Because all the proof is there on VHS or DVD.

This is a really good move. I never thought they should have broken up the Tag Team in the first place. These two can put on very good tag matches, and have a natural chemistry that only brothers could have. And obviously being the first ever Undisputed Tag Team Champions will only help their cause. Both have been floundering in jobber territory ever since they split, so it's nice to see them actually going something that could potentially matter. I would like to see they have a decent feud with The Hart Dynasty, because I think the matches would be excellent. The chemistry between the two teams would be awesome. I hope this opportunity doesn't end up being wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back