We need Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson in the WWE

Eyrothath

Occasional Pre-Show
To compete with Braun Strowman, not only is the guy stronger (I think) he's an inch taller and weighs about 35 pounds more than Braun Strowman.. I mean, the guy has never done wrestling but I am sure he could with ease.. If you don't know who the guy is. Well, he plays as "The Mountain" in Game of Thrones..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafþór_Júlíus_Björnsson

I would give this guy a medieval looking attire when wrestling, just cause it would look badass on him.. I would instantly put this man in a feud with Braun Strowman then I would have him run over Brock Lesnar and feud him and Braun again for the Universal Championship..

Make it happen Vince..

Throw him in medieval attire? Ladies and gentlemen - the third member of the Bludgeon Brothers! Or have him debut as the third member of War Machine. Lots of medieval gimmicks coming to WWE soon...

Yeah no.

For one: Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson isn't known globally, only in Iceland and on the shows The World's Strongest Man and Game of Thrones. Not exactly much of a resume.

Two: He'd need a ton of training before he would be ready to wrestle, and by the time he was finished: Who knows what in god's name Braun would be doing by then?

And three?: A medieval gimmick? Seriously? That would kill any credibility he'd have in an instant. Unless if he were say, a gladiator type: There's just no way it would work.

To compete with Braun Strowman, not only is the guy stronger (I think) he's an inch taller and weighs about 35 pounds more than Braun Strowman.. I mean, the guy has never done wrestling but I am sure he could with ease.

Your entire thread lost what minor shred of credibility it may have had when said you were "sure he could do it with ease" with "it" being wrestling. Why exactly could he do it? Just because he's a big ol' strongman like Braun Strowman? By that same logic, Microsoft should let me design their next Windows program, even though I have no experience in software design, because, you know, I use a computer.

One HUGE reason, one that can't be overstated, why Braun Strowman has improved so much is because he has a genuine passion for it, he loves what he's doing and it's not just for a big paycheck. He shouldn't be saddled with some lame celebrity match, which is all this would be, so it'd be a waste of time, energy, money, effort and Strowman's talent.

Besides, this guy may well not even pass WWE's barrage of medical tests. I don't know if this would be a factor or not, but he was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy last year.

This is one of those "I think it'd be cool if..." ideas that we all have now and again. We don't really care whether or not our idea makes a lick of sense, we just wanna see it go down because we think it's cool.

Game of Thrones is a huge show with millions of fans around the world. It'd say it's the most popular show ever. Which means that many people know who The Mountain is.

Now, The Mountain wrestling for real? Can't really happen. As others say, it'd take years for him to get in shape. BUT, I think that he could pull an one-off. Mr. T has done it, Shaq has done it, Stephen Amell has done it, Floyd has done it and heck, 50-year old Vince McMahon has done it.

Putting Mountain against Strowman is stupid, because neither man can afford a loss. What you can do though, is pair them. Strowman & The Mountain vs Big Show & Kane. It would definately give WWE a lot of publicity.

Throw him in medieval attire? Ladies and gentlemen - the third member of the Bludgeon Brothers! Or have him debut as the third member of War Machine. Lots of medieval gimmicks coming to WWE soon...

The guy goes to Renaissance Fairs as a hobby.. He rocks the look..

473855154-game-of-thrones-actor-hafthor-julius-gettyimages.jpg

Also.. He's real friends with Triple H already and a fan.. Also look at him pick a guy up on his back when doing a world record keg toss.. no problem..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcnUdzab7E

Oh and his name translated in English is Thor.. That's $$$$ right there..

To compete with Braun Strowman, not only is the guy stronger (I think) he's an inch taller and weighs about 35 pounds more than Braun Strowman.. I mean, the guy has never done wrestling but I am sure he could with ease.. If you don't know who the guy is. Well, he plays as "The Mountain" in Game of Thrones..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafþór_Júlíus_Björnsson

I would give this guy a medieval looking attire when wrestling, just cause it would look badass on him.. I would instantly put this man in a feud with Braun Strowman then I would have him run over Brock Lesnar and feud him and Braun again for the Universal Championship..

Make it happen Vince..

Yes. because that's how it works.

Jesus.

If this guy had any interest at all in doing this, it would be at least two or three years before he would be ready to put anything resembling a wrestling match together. I don't want Braun and Brock feuding for four years.

It's a great idea on paper (well a really small piece of paper, like a Post-it). So is bringing in LeBron James. Bring back Donald Trump while you are at it. It would also be awesome if WWE held WM in my backyard.

I think Vince would sign him in a second if he could. But he can't. Everyone has a price and I'm pretty sure this guys price would be pretty high. Far too high to outweigh the benefit while warranting the risk.

Is he really a draw? The only people who know who he is are Game of Thrones viewers and they won't tune in by the masses to watch a secondary character play professional wrestling. Him and Strowman are both big, monstrous, scary looking dudes and they share some characteristics. But I'm not sure why that would warrant a match when one of them isn't even a professional wrestler. That's like wanting Cesaro and Jason Statham to wrestle because they have a bit of resemblance.

He's been photographed at WWE shows in the past sitting with Stephanie McMahon, and being an athlete and the size he is, plus his fame from Game of Thrones I am sure Thor is on WWE's radar. If he ever showed an interest in getting involved in the wrestling business and starting to train for it then I think it's highly likely that WWE would snap him up on a developmental deal.

However, it doesn't look like that's coming in the near future.

I would definitely like to see them at least attempt to bring him in to see how he does. The guy is a monster and his GoT role gives him some mainstream appeal.

I don't watch GoT, so I could be wrong, but is The Mountain even a major character? Just because someone is on a popular TV show doesn't necessarily mean they will translate to pulling viewers to a different product. Plus, GoT is considered cool, but wrestling isn't. Most people aren't going to go out of their way to pick up an uncool hobby.

That said, WWE trying to bring him in because he has some celebrity is 100% the type of shit that WWE does. "You mean the guy who played a bit part in a 90s sitcom is in the same town we are hosting? Better bring him in and make him insult The Miz so we get those mainstream medias talking."

I mean, the guy has never done wrestling but I am sure he could with ease..

Braun Strowman is the exception, not the rule. It takes a long time to learn how to wrestle and even longer to actually wrestle a good match.

We don't need anyone in WWE. There's too much talent as it is.

A lot of wrestlers get started like this by having a good look for wrestling, Goldberg comes to mind, If he's got the right look, acting ability and is athletic then I think he is more than half way there but he looks so similar to Strowman do we really need two Strowman's in one company?

Game of Thrones is one of the biggest shows in the history of television. Mike Mizanin was a party boy on one MTV reality show in a sea of many. Obviously this guy has more star power than Real World Miz, and if The Mountain wanted to train and get his ring time in then I don't really see what the problem is here.

WWE have been talking to another Strongman, the current WSM, Eddie Hall from England.

I'm not sure how far on negotiations are, if even serious.

As for Thor Bjornsson, the guy is a an absolute beast, but between filming G.O.T, Kickboxer & other movies, he's the face of some Vodka company, training for WSM and as someone else mentioned, he's unfortunately had Bells Palsy last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back