We Don't Want To See Cena vs Orton at WrestleMania!?..

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Well, am asking as a question as well!!

RAW_834_Photo_118.jpg

These 2 guys together in the WWE has been like Hogan/Warrior and Austin/Rock.. Yet, we saw those guys face off at WrestleMania its been 5 years and these 2 guys have been at the top, they been defending world titles at the past few wrestlemania's but just not against each other, with the exception of WM XXIV! Where it was a triple threat match!!

But what has been stopping the WWE from putting these 2 in a singles match or for the WWE title at WrestleMania???

They are the two top stars and Orton even as a heel a few years ago was on fire!! Soo why not?? Maybe Cena isn't the best wrestler in the biz but what the heck neither Hogan or Warrior were good in the ring! I think it's all about the fan reaction, But they gave us a memorable match that people still talk about!

To be honest, right now, I don't want to see this match happen at WrestleMania! The reason why? Because these 2 have had soo many matches for the world title on every other ppv and we have just seen it too many times!! IMO their match at Mania should have happened a few years ago! Maybe at WrestleMania XXIV.. I think they've just left it too late and given us soo many Cena/Orton matches at other ppv's and its kinda bored the fans!!

What are your thoughts on this matter??

I agree. At this point it would be annoying enough to see another Cena vs Orton rivalry at all. Having these two at 'Mania should've happened in 2008. It would match with their 2007 rivalry all-together. Plus I think it was a mistake to move their one on one Title @ No Way Out leaving a #1 contender's spot for the title hence making the actual agree @ Wrestlemania a Triple Threat Match W/HHH. Plus didn't Cena win RR'08 meaning Orton keeping the title by Wrestlemania would have been fit? A Wresltemania match between Cena vs. Orton should have been held at the event instead of happening before it.

They haven't always been stars of equal magnitude. If you want a dream match at wrestlemania, you have to build it and build it and hype until you have two guys who's paths have eluded each others for so long, and they are the two biggest things around in their company at the time. Putting orton and cena together before now would have been like putting stone cold against the rock in 1998, wrestlemania 14 because although Stone Cold (Cena) is big enough to secure people in the seats and his popularity was astronomical, the Rock's was just verging on the horizon and breaking out from the nation of domination, it would have been majorly anti-climatic.

In therory orton could faced cena last wrestlemania but orton was just turning face at the time and it would have messed things up, his situation was a little bit confused. He could then quite possibly have done it the year before also, but the programme with McMahon and HHH was set too firmly in stone...to make that story work it needed HHH to be orton's counter-part. And the year before that, as you said Orton did technically face him but not 1-on-1. And the year before that, orton simply wasn't big enough a star to compete with cena's success. Sure he competed for the world title but he nothing to the rising mega-star that was cena.

Every year now people are looking for at least 1 dream match, it would seem this year unless edge manages to feud with christian there will be no dream match. But the match cena had last year with batista was a dream match, it was a perfect fit and not even orton could have made as much impact than batista, that was pretty much cast in stone. It is only since the last year that randy orton has been a mage-star in his own right, before then asking the question as to whthe the two will face each other was like asking if edge and mysterio were going to face each other, sure it would have been interesting but not something you would think of immediately. But since his meteoric rise last year, a cena and orton feud seems to be a dream match somewhere down the line. It likely isn't going to be this year but I could quite easily see it being the year after. In fact I can see many similarities between orton/cena and rock/stone cold so I wouldn't be suprised if they faced off multiples times in future dates.

Yes it is a dream match, but it's only been that way for a short period of time now. I'd wager that these two will meet in one of the coming few manias and it will be pretty epic.

Good god, it's gonna take something incredible to make me want to see Cena v Orton. The only way I could see this passing off as a plausible repeat feud is that if Orton or Cena "flip out" and take some sort of crazy heel role. There's no chance of it just being a titan vs titan match, since we've seen it too many times.

I'm also biased against the idea of this happening since I hated the Orton-Cena feud where they played hot-potato with the WWE title. I've never cared less about the world title than in that feud, and I really think it pissed all over the title's prestige. Totally needless.

I would like to see it happen at 'Mania, but not this year. Maybe not even for a few years but only if the WWE can keep them apart until then. No point watching them fued all year on and off and then have a match at Wrestlemania, as a previous poster said the matches and 'Mania are between those people who have usually been kept apart the majority of the year. But I think it should and will happen in a few years time, but I do not want to see it now

Aside from being so obvious of a feud its almost cheap, the possibility of Orton vs. Cena at Wrestlemania has been more or less spoiled. The triple threat match they had with HHH did that. Imagine if Undertaker and HBK had met in say 2006 at Wrestlemania in a triple threat match with whoever, Jericho or Edge for argument sake. The aura of their two classics would have been shot. I honestly dont really care because Orton has almost nothing that I find intriguing, impressive, or even talented. Aside from Cena/Taker, Cena/Orton is theoretically the biggest match the WWE could produce, but theyve overplayed it and ruined the grandeur of a singles match at Mania. Alex Waters is also right in that it wouldnt be as effective in previous years because Ortons star isnt where it is now, or as of last year. Im sure it was hella tempting for Vince to pull the trigger on that these past few years, he probably knew that the longer he waited the bigger he could make it. Too bad he killed that without even having the match. He would be very wise to wait as long as possible to try it again. Not next year, not the year after, not even the year after that if he can manage it. 4 or 5 years from now, when half the roster is different and those two are the only recognizable mega stars from this generation left, thats when the match should happen. By then there may even be actual anticipation for it, rather than groans for a poor reminder of what has been done to death and done poorly at that.

Actually it's kind of funny you bring this up. I read somewhere awhile back that there had not been a WWE Title match on PPV without either HHH, Cena, or Orton involved in some way against each other or another superstar (seriously look it up on wwe.com). Now I might be wrong because I tend to forget some of the matches so one might have gotten by me but it's pretty much true I mean these three against each other has been done to death and Cena vs Orton went from like 2007 or 08 until like the middle of last year so anything more they do would be overkill. Also when Cena was "fired" he and Orton embraced as friends and lets face it unless they had a long heel turn build up for one of them it would just be stupid.

Cena vs. Orton is a solid match up. They work incredibly well together. That being said, it's been played out so much that they need to rest for about two years. Even then, the only way it'd be an interesting match is if they freshened it up in the only way possible: a Cena heel turn.

I wouldn't worry about that match at Wrestlemania. At this point it looks like Cena vs. Miz and Orton vs. Punk are penciled in for 'Mania. Next year will also likely be the 20th Wrestlemania win that Undertaker retires on. The WWE would be smart to use Cena for that role since he's the only guy left in the company that's a credible threat to the streak. So my money is on both Wrestlemania 27 and 28 going by without Cena vs. Orton. By the time we get to 29 it may feel remotely fresh again.

this match would never be close to Hogan/Warrior or Austin/Rock because during those feuds the fans ALL loved BOTH superstars. It was fun to watch because they were both top guys, especially hogan and warrior. That one was even more special bc you never really got to see top face vs top face. Austin/Rock I can't remember if they were both faces, heels, or split to be honest, but either way, the fans were always on the same side of the fence with them. With cena and orton you have a ton of fans who like em and a ton who hate them in their current states. I personally cannot stand a face Orton, I think the only way this match can work is if Orton is built up to be a super heel again. He needs to go back to the Orton who was kissing hhh's wife in front of him before he DDTs her! Right now I think the best match for Mania would be Cena CM Punk as they are involved in what I think is the biggest feud in WWE right now. If the WWE can find a way to stretch it out to Mania it would be a great main event.

I think it's primairly because they JUST had a feud. If you look at Rock v Austin, they faced each other once at WM 14, then 17 and then 19. So there's a three year gaps every time. Orton was on fire when he was against Cena, however he was still a rising main eventer in 2009. Now both of them are mega-faces and they need some time apart from each other. Cena needs more big time feuds like Nexus, Taker and Miz and so does Orton. Maybe at WM 30 they'll pull that off.

I agree that I wouldn't want to see these two clash once again because I am not a fan at all of both of them but they really took me by suprise the way their fued ended. It was a great match at Bragging Rights 2009. But I do feel sometime down the line we will see these 2 clash at WrestleMania. Maybe Orton is face this time and Cena is heel and takes on a gimmick in which he really does become unstopabble.

Simple, it's been done to death. I agree with anyone saying this feud shouldn't happen again until at least Wrestlemania 29.

I noticed a certain user mentioned Cena will probably face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28? I beg to differ. This year WWE lacks of big time matches for Wrestlemania, the anticipation is low, the buyrate is more likely going to fall again, and the tickets haven't even been sold out today. WWE knew Taker vs Cena is the only match that can save them, but they don't book it. They would rather suffer blows here and there by booking Taker vs Barrett and Cena vs Miz instead of saving their butt with booking one match.

That pretty much tells me the match between Undertaker vs John Cena at Wrestlemania will never happen. Well....at least not in this lifetime.

This is just not gonna work, I hate to break it to you but everyone has disliked this fued from three months into it during 07/08, they will not go at it this WM, i guaruntee that...

This will likely be the match that the WWE will hope will bring in the most viewers. I recall hearing Orton saying a couple of weeks ago that he was done with being nice. Cena is back and there isn't really any need to have Orton be the face any more. Personally, I think that promo was Orton signalling to us that he is going to be turning heel again soon. If this is the case, then it is very likely indeed that we will be seeing Orton face Cena at WrestleMania. Let's face it, the WWE don't really have a match that can come close to that effort. Cena is still one of the most popular, if not the most popular, superstars on any of the rosters and Orton has always been over with the fans in a different way. They have been putting off getting these two together at WrestleMania for far too long I feel. I have a feeling that this year will see that trend stop.

Do I want to see it though? Well, maybe.

The problem with Cena/Orton, as many have stated already, is that we have seen it so many other times. Now, that to me, isn't really the main problem. I mean, you can never get enough of a good thing, right? The main problem is that this feud has been done so much that you have always got the feeling that nothing that either man or the WWE can do anything to make it interesting again. Now, don't get me wrong, if Orton was to become the Austin-esque character that the IWC seems to be pining for him to become, then I could definitely see some legs in that idea. Right now though, the thought of it is just boring. These guys have done it all before and putting them in the main event match at WrestleMania wont solve that problem at all.

I would honestly be shocked if these two never locked horns at wrestlemania down the road. I can see it being one of those type of matches and feuds that you will see happen more than once at the big event( ex, austin and rock and taker and kane) These two are just a such a level right now I don't think a match a wrestlemania would mean much at this point since there both such huge faces. One of them needs to be a heel for it to work properly I would think. But a face vs face would also be interesting, just to see how the crowd would play a role, they could make it a hot match.

I do however agree with you that they have played this fued out to many times already they had so many matches that another one at mania wouldn't feel very different unless they made it into something special. I think at this point they have explored almost every possibility with Cena and Orton that it would be wise to keep them apart for a few years. Though I defiantly see this being a main event wrestlemania match at some point down the road, WWE would be stupid not to book this match at some point. Hopefully they don't ruin it before then by running out of options in terms of feuds and storylines and then out of desperation throw Orton and Cena together again. So lets pray that never happens for awhile at least.

I would actually rather see Orton face Y2J. The build up for such a feud and match is already there. Orton punted him and naturally Y2J would want revenge. So I want to see Orton vs Jericho at WM. As for Cena, I would love to see him face The Undertaker. That would be a main event of epic proportions.

Personally the only one of their matches I really liked was at Summerslam 2007, and I am not keen to see them face each other again any time soon.

When it does happen again it should be face vs face as they've done it with Orton as a heel and Cena isn't gonna go heel any time soon. It might be a good idea to keeo them on seperate brands until they are ready to use the match-up for a Mania.

Sorry I've already made a post on this earlier (which you can refer to), but Cena vs. Orton is this sense would not be stale and here is why. Last time orton and cena faced each other, they were (well orton at least) in rapidly different positions relative to each other than they are now. By that I mean orton was a heel and was less in tune with his character than he is now, and cena was pretty much the same guy, but regardless.

When austin faced rocky at WM17 did it feel like it was cliched and similar, not really because going into the match the two guys had a different vantage point they weren't just stone cold and the Rock, they were whoever stone cold and the rock were at that given time. And once again when they faced at WM 19, rock was a heel going in and austin was a face and that had yet to happen before hence why the match itself, whilst being technically the most depreciating, was still fresh from a character stancepoint.

My point is that we haven't seen tweener/face viper orton vs. megaface John Cena at all and for that reason it isn't "done to death" it's just another chapter. I mean back in the day people like ric flair, randy savage, steamboat, piper wrestled each other hundreds of times and every single time it wasn't quite the same because they entered and left as sightly tweaked characters. I guarantee that if the sed feud happened it wouldn't feel repetitive, it'd feel pretty fresh.

If it were up to me, I'd not want to see these two in the ring ever. Against anyone. John Cena can play around and move merchandise, but Randy Orton must go. He's of very low quality in the two major areas of wrestling, in-ring ability and on-mic ability.

It's already happened a thousand times before, in 07 and 09. And after WM you ALWAYS get a bunch of rematches.

And the matches were never that good anyway. They've also had every match under the sun to compete in.

Rather see Cena in a match with someone different.

I'm all game for Orton/Cena part 1000 to happen at Wrestlemania only if they remain in their current roles. I want Orton in his tweener/face role and Cena in the same role. However I wouldn't use it for this year, I'd go with next year's Mania. Have both men go on a nice tear towards the Summer of this year. Of course we need to keep them separated so one would be drafted to SD. But have them having great years and then an encounter at the Rumble that sees the two eliminate each other. This could continue to build up and then BOOM! You have yourself the makings of a money making Mania match.

If Cena & Orton both stay in the characters that they are now, then a match between them at WM has the makings of an epic encounter on a similar level to Taker vs. HBK. Orton is no longer a cowardly, opportunistic, ruthless heel. He's now an in your face, opportunistic, ruthless tweener and that puts him, on many levels, equal to John Cena in ways that he's never been before.

I'd be interested in seeing them in a WM program if it's not for the WWE Championship. I know that might defeat the purpose that some would see in this feud but I'm simply tired of seeing them feud for the strap. Cena vs. Orton matches have almost always been extremely good and while I think a program with them in their current roles for Mania would be fun, I'm just in a different mood at this point in time. As many have said, the thing that ultimately hurts this situation is the fact that we've seen it so many times before already. They've feuded so many times in the past, wrestled in so many matches that it just simply doesn't feel all that fresh or exciting.

Seeing them in more of a personal grudge would be more interesting than seeing them go after the title. Taker vs. HBK at Mania was built around personal and professional pride, a huge reason of why I thought their Mania programs worked so well. I think it could work similarly with Cena and Orton. I'd much rather see The Miz go into WM as WWE Champion. Just the very thought of him doing so automatically has a much fresher feel than seeing yet another title feud between the big two from Raw.

The only way the WWE could possibly make me want to see this match is if Cena turns full out heel and Orton goes to being a full out face. Anything other than that has been done. They've had an Iron Man match, a Hell in a Cell match,Last Man Standing etc. It would just be boring if it was the same thing,but at WrestleMania.

honestly orton hasnt been in too many main events at mania (just saying)

i think if it wasnt a title match more people would be on board but they wouldn't leave the main event that empty depending on who's back or not.

it wont work now basically. yeah when cena won the rumble they should of but they could probably do it at mania like 2 years from now given the fued time to refreshen.

honestly though i wish it would be orton vs punk for the title instead cena had every title match since 05 at mania, orton had three and won one, you cant really say he was there too much
and plus miz cold just challenge cena to be the face of the company or something lol

I would want to watch this match at Wrestlemania. It really need a very simple build up from Elimination Chambers and these two can collide for the title. A face vs face match and build up between the two has never been done before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back