Could WWE ever recreate it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Throughout history theirs been moments and matches that we will never forget, but the main thing that people remember is when the 2 biggest stars in company square off for the 1st time and create a moment that lasts forever. or even the 2 biggest faces of the company meet eachother at a Wrestlemania which fans talk about forever for Example

Wrestlemania 3
Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant

the Biggest Icon in wrestling Hogan vs the biggest monster in history the 2 biggest stars of the 80's meeting eachother and a match that will live forever

Wrestlemania 6
Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan

the first time 2 faces have met eachother for the WWF title, at this time Warrior was on par with Hogan with popularity and the fan's were torn through out this match.

Wrestlemania 12
Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels

the biggest Icons in the WWE from 1995-1996 met eachother, the fans were torn between these 2 this match an instant classic which put the most popular Wrestlers in the mid 90's

Wrestlemaina 17
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock

the greatest Wrestlemania in history and the 2 biggest Icon's ever squaring off again for the WWF title a match that devined this Era, Austin and Rock are proberly the most popular guys in history.

so looking at these great moments in wrestling do you think WWE could ever recreate the feeling we had when the 2 biggest Face's of the company meet eachother at Wrestlemania for I dont believe they can because John Cena is stale now and Randy Orton and John Cena has been done 2 meny times so if they ever met at Wrestlemania it would just feel like another match.

Yes. Next year. Quite simply, on paper The Rock v.s John Cena should be the defying match of this generation. It's the 2012 equalilant of Rock v.s Hogan and if its in the main event of WrestleMania, in The Rock's hometown of Miami, infront of a pumped up Florida crowd, it'll be a classic moment. I can see Cena and Orton locking up at WrestleMania as well someday however. Not for a while though because that ship has sailed however but it wouldn't surprise me to see those two wrestle at WrestleMania.

I don't think there could ever be the same impact. Back in the Hogan era all we had was that Saturday morning show on a weekly basis, and we'd be lucky to even get a mid-carder vs. mid-carder match after seeing a half dozen squashes. Now we have RAW and Smackdown every week and a PPV every month (remember when there were just the four each year?).

These days the top guys in the company face off all the time. There really aren't any new matches... or at least new matches between top guys that would be exciting.

Undertaker has faced everyone.

Cena has faced everyone.

Orton has faced everyone.

Triple H has faced everyone.

PPVs are basically just longer RAWs. :)

I think they can, and I think The Rock vs John Cena @ WM 28 next year will do it. This is the only time a WM main-event has been booked a year in advance, to allow the story to build until then. It is that big of a deal that WWE are looking to maximise as much interest as they can.

The Rock wrestling again is going to be HUGE, but to put him (the icon of his generation, along with Austin) against the current face of the WWE is a BIG BIG DEAL, and will be infront of Rocky's home town fans, giving us an incredible atmosphere. It will easily be as big as Rock v Austin if the WWE do not screw this up.

It could be an all time WM classic and Rock and Cena are two professional to let us down. I really believe they will be able to put on a fantastic match.

I think they can, and I think The Rock vs John Cena @ WM 28 next year will do it. This is the only time a WM main-event has been booked a year in advance, to allow the story to build until then. It is that big of a deal that WWE are looking to maximise as much interest as they can.

The Rock wrestling again is going to be HUGE, but to put him (the icon of his generation, along with Austin) against the current face of the WWE is a BIG BIG DEAL, and will be infront of Rocky's home town fans, giving us an incredible atmosphere. It will easily be as big as Rock v Austin if the WWE do not screw this up.

It could be an all time WM classic and Rock and Cena are two professional to let us down. I really believe they will be able to put on a fantastic match.

I hope so, but I do worry about The Rock's ability to put on a good match now he is far bigger than he used to be. Seeing him deliver Rock Bottoms over the past few months have exposed the fact that he isn't quite as mobile with the extra pounds he has had to put on for Holywood. If The Rock gets him self in his old wrestling shape then I think it has the potential to be a huge match.

The answer is yes. Everyone has said Rock/Cena. That will be one of the biggest matches in history. You already know that it will most likely be sold out, the ppv buys will be through the roof. I don't think anyone will be disappointed in this match. It will be up there with Rock/Austin, Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Warrior, Rock/Hogan. I think it will be a bigger match than Undertaker/Michaels to be honest.

They recently did, it was HBK v Undertaker, so good they managed to do what even Andre v Hogan couldn't do and thats recreate it for a second time.

The Rock v Cena will be a huge match that could blow everything out of the water, you have the People's Champion v more than likely the WWE champion. Only Andre v Hogan at WM3 comes close to that importance

For the future years, who possibly knows? Would anyone think Austin v Rock be one of those matches when the crowd were chanting 'Die Rocky Die' and Austin was the Ringmaster?

The only other possible one at this moment would be Cena v Undertaker at WM30

Everyone is saying yes with Rock vs Cena, But Rock is a star from the past, "The good ol days" If I took a fit and able to go Austin and put him up against Cena or Orton then it would be on par with Hogan vs Andre, Hbk vs Hart etc. Could wwe give us that "big time" wrestlemania feel is gone, And most probalby will never happen again.

I just wonder how many of you saw any of the matches listed in the OP live, whether it was on pay per view or being there in person. Personally, I feel The Rock vs. Cena has every reason to become the next "Rock vs. Hogan." We're talking about the biggest star in wrestling today versus the biggest star from yesterday. It's a simple formula with a simple conclusion. Let's not forget how the business moves in cycles. Hopefully right now is today's equivalent to the "new generation" from 1994-96. The building of new stars for tomorrow. Simply put, yes, I think the WWE can do it again.

It could be done again but they would need to build up to it properly and be patient enough to not give the match away ahead of time. Cena VS Orton has been done too many times, although if they had waited for it then it could have been done with them. The 2007 feud was left unfinished, if they waited until Wrestlemania season to restart their 2009 feud, then it could have led to their Iron Man match at Wrestlemania which with a proper build would have been much bigger. Cena VS Batista was a match between the two biggest names in the federation, but it was nowhere near Hogan/Warrior, Michaels/Hart, or Rock/Austin. The anticipation needs to build. Cena VS Rock will have such anticipation, and is likely the last chance we will see in a LONG time for a match that could be as big as the most legendary dream matches. No one on the current roster is anywhere near ready to face Cena in such a match. Miz already had his match and he's one of the bigger names, Orton had two feuds with Cena already, and the others (even main eventers) are nowhere near the top guy level. It has to be built up properly and make the fans WANT it as badly as legendary dream matches of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back