WCW: Tampa Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Don't feel comfortable looking ahead in the WCW SubRegional thread, well come in here to discuss the sub regional headlined by Hulk Hogan.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Tampa, FL
1. "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan
64. Pat O'Connor

32. Abdullah The Butcher
33. Irwin R. Schyster

16. Tito Santana
49. Floyd "Money" Mayweather

17. Sgt. Slaughter
48. THE SHOCKMASTER!!!!!!!!

8. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
57. Pat Patterson

25. "The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying" Sabu
40. Big John Studd

9. Rey Mysterio Jr.
56. The Sandman

24. "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
41. Homicide

Round 2 Matches:
Tampa, Fl.

1. Hulk Hogan
33. Mike Rotunda

16. Tito Santana
17. Sgt. Slaughter

8. Davey Boy Smith
40. Big John Studd

9. Rey Mysterio Jr.
24. Kerry Von Erich

Round 3 Matches:
Tampa, Fl.

1. Hulk Hogan
16. Tito Santana

8. Davey Boy Smith
9. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Hogan would massacre this bracket if these are the biggest names in it. Hogan is an American Bulldog and even that much better than he is. Smith's power is outmatched by Hogan's and it would be a battle for awhile, but Hogan wins the war with England. Rey could be a pest for awhile to Hulk, but the power would win out here. Hogan is too big and too good to lose to Rey. Easy first set for Hulk.

This match will be over before it is even started at this rate. Bulldog has power, Hogan has more. Rey has Speed, Hogan has Charisma. Hogan is more loved by the kids then Rey, so there goes his biggest support. It doesn't matter if Hulk is wrestling in Hollywood, Venice Beach, Tampa, or even Detroit, if the match isn't in Mexico or England, the support is gone for the other two.

Rey against Bulldog is going to be the only competetive match of this bracket as far as I can see. Maybe, and this is a very small maybe, Rey could give Hulk Hogan a run for his money in a ladder match, but I sincerely doubt it.

However, I don't anticipate Rey to beat Davey Boy Smith, and thus Hogan will decimate this section.

Sorry but this isn't even close. Hogan dominates in every part of this match except the speed part. Hogan could easily jsut one punch Rey and he would be out. Then he would be in the back in about 3 minutes after he has pinned Rey because Bulldog would be knocked out aswell. Hogan got the easiest first round ever. Hogan advances.

You know, I wouldn't be so sure about Rey vs Hogan, should it come down to that. Let's not forget that Rey has made a career out of coming out over big guys - he's the ultimate underdog. I'm not saying that all around he's a better wrestler than Hogan, but he's got a chance. I mean, Hogan will win, of course, because the boards in general hate Mysterio and heart Hogan, but I can't say how I'd vote for sure. The case can be made strongly for Mysterio, and as far as regional support goes...is it really a big stretch of imagination to think that the huge Latino population of Florida (predominant Cuban, which I realize is much different than Mexican, but still Latino) would get behind Rey over Hogan? I wouldn't make the match as clear cut as it seems to be so far. It's much closer than meets the eye.

Hogan = Landslide.

I cannot think of an arguement for the Bulldog to go over Hogan. The only thing that would put him close is if this took place in England....but it doesn't.

Rey in a gimmick match could be considered a favorite to win, and he is the 'ultimate underdog'. However, Hogan is perhaps the guy that invented come from behind wins.

Add to this that it takes place in the heart of Hogan country, and I'm sold. Hogan takes the bracket.

The lower half of the bracket will be really relevant, as it needs to put together someone that can give Hogan a run, but I don't see how. Most of the other names that I'm referring to are already in other regions, so this should be a general walk for Hogan.

I'm going to hold off voting for Hogan until I see else gets put here. Hogan looks to be the clear-cut favorite but the right wrestler in the right gimmick match could dispatch him. Rey is the ultimate underdog and I can see him getting through a match or two and the British Bulldog could be a darkhorse in this tournament.

Rey vs. Hogan COULD be a very interesting match up. Rey is very comfortable in WCW territory. Also keep in mind that Hogan has a long history of knee trouble, and targeting the legs is usually one of the keys focuses of Rey's offense. Rey Mysterio could be a dark horse to win the Tampa Sub Region, depending on who else he has to face. But Hogan is still the heavy favorite.

Somehow, the Bulldog found a way to not be in the top 2 of his bracket. I loved his work in the ring, and would pay to see him wrestle ether of these two, but he's outmatched. I almost wish I could find a way to say he'd beat Hogan but it's not happening. The potential for a match with Rey is incredible, but I don't see how he'd win in the company where Rey made his name.

Mysterio is in for a few fights, but should go through until Hogan gives him a big boot that knocks his mask into the upper deck. Based on just fan support, he'll win his first few matches, even though he would win based on ability. If he manages to make it through to the gimmick matches, he's well built for any of them. After his performance in the Elimination Chamber, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone to say otherwise. This is still Hogan's bracket.

Hogan. 'Nuff said. No way Bulldog goes over Hogan, even if the match was in Bulldog's living room. He's got too much to not win over either of these two, and unless the anti-Hogan vote comes out in full force, there's no way he doesn't coast into the gimmick rounds. He's well built for either the Cage or the Iron Man match, so it'll be interesting to see who he's up against.

Hogan's won.
No disrespect to Rey and Smith, but they don't match up to Hogan.
Hogan got a lucky first few rounds here.

Eugh, can you give me something more to work with in my "Trying to get Hogan eliminated" thing? Hogan will win this and no one can argue against it. I don't like Hogan, but if anyone really thinks Mysterio could beat Hogan in his prime they're deluded. Hogan is the God to every professioanl wrestler, Mysterio is good but he doesn't come close.

Rey and Bulldog will be an interesting affair. Rey is a former Heavyweight Champion (did he really deserve it is a debate for elsewhere) but he has that over Davey Boy, who won it all but that belt.

Power vs speed is always an interesting match-up. I suspect Rey would win on popularity, but Bulldog catching Rey would spell the end for the little guy

Region won't effect these guys at all. All three wrestled here, even if Hogan did serve his most unpopular time in WCW.

Nonetheless, the man at the top of the bracket is there for a reason. Even if there isn't much to choose between Rey and DBS, neither of them are Hogan's league

Wow.

I looked at the names here and shook my head. This is the most one sided sub-regional I've seen. Anyone called anything other than "Hulk Hogan" hasn't a prayer, here. Mysterio is too small to do anything to Hogan. If Hulk could Hulk up and have punches from The Undertaker not effect him, nothing Rey does will do anything. Bulldog was strong, but Hogan is stronger. Bulldog was big, but Hogan is bigger. It's simple. Hogan is better than these two.

This one seems to be heavily in favor of the Hulkster...but Rey shouldn't be counted out. Every match that Rey has ever participated in has been against an opponent bigger than him, and many of those matches, Rey has won. He can do it against the big men...most notably Nash in WCW. Rey also has a Rumble under his belt, suggesting that he has the ability to brawl with the likes of Hogan. Add Rey's performance in the EC at NWO...and we might have a really close one on our hands.

This one seems to be heavily in favor of the Hulkster...but Rey shouldn't be counted out.

:lmao: Don't worry, he won't be. He'll be squashed right in the middle of the ring.

Every match that Rey has ever participated in has been against an opponent bigger than him, and many of those matches, Rey has won.

You do realize that wasn't exactly, by choice, right?

He can do it against the big men...most notably Nash in WCW.

Either you just hugely disrespected Hulk Hogan, by lowering him to the level of Kevin Nash (through his W.C.W. work) or you're suggesting that Rey might out think Hogan, to the point of being beaten to a pulp, then randomly get a fluke victory over him?

Either way, Hogan isn't a puppet and doesn't play with his opponents. Rey doesn't stand a chance.

Rey also has a Rumble under his belt,

Hogan has 2, or 3. I forgot. But don't hold hiding and staying "inside" a ring, in the same light as staying "in a wrestling match". Rey could've been pinned and defeated several times over in the Rumble. He won because of two elements. One, doesn't need to be mentioned, and the other was because he was small and unnoticeable.

Even though he often took the fight to people, when he needed to, he disappeared in the ring through several other large bodies around him.

suggesting that he has the ability to brawl with the likes of Hogan.

:lmao: Are you seriously suggesting that Rey Motha-fricken-sterio can brawl with the 24 inch pythons?! Mysterio doesn't even have spaghetti noodles.

Hogan's python's will wrap Rey up worse than Big Show in a waffle house.

Add Rey's performance in the EC at NWO...and we might have a really close one on our hands.

I'm firmly in belief, after reading all of that, that you could sell a wet cardboard box to a homeless person looking to stay dry.

Should Tito Santana stand a chance in the WCW Region? Yes. Will he go any further than the potential match-up with the Hulkster? No. He's an impressive in-ring performer, but he's not Hogan. He shouldn't face too much of an obstacle before Hogan, but that's where it ends.

Hogan still doesn't face any real competition here. He'd get a good match from Davey or Rey, but we all know who's moving on there.

Santana is another wrestler who doesn't stand a chance, I'd be very surprised if he made it out of the first round. He was fine in Strike Force, and he's solid. But he's boring. The best way to make a boring wrestler intresting? A stereotype gimmick. Arriba!

Poor Sgt. Slaughter. I actually thought of making my campaign for him, but it doesn't seem like he'll be going anywhere anyway. He was entertaining, and can take anyone out with the Cobra Clutch, but he isn't getting past Hogan. He didn't before, and he won't now.

He should at least win one round, and the match against Santana could be fun to debate, but it all ends there. This is still all Hogan's for the taking. His only test so far would be Rey or the Bulldog, and that's being friendly to Rey and the Bulldog.

Hulk Hogan wins this easily.

This will be a massacre. There is no way in the world Hogan isn't winning this region. Rey Mysterio vs Hulk Hogan? You're kidding right? There is no way in the world Mysterio would ever be able to beat the power of Hogan. Davey Boy Smith doesn't have much of a chance here either, but he could possibly make the finals.

Sgt Slaughter and co and have almost no chance here. Hogan will and should dominant this bracket with such ease. It's too one sided.

Hulk Hogan his this region won so far it's not even funny. The only one I can see giving him a run for his money right now as Slaughter but he's beaten the Sarge before so he will beat him again.

Hulk Hogan, without question. The brackets simply laid out for him perfectly. Now if you look at the WCW Region as a whole, Hogan is certainly in trouble. With guys that have had Hogans number in Goldberg, Sting, and the Undertaker, Hogan is certainly in an up hill battle beyond this point, but this region just laid otu perfectly.

The only remote thread he might have is if Rey Mysterio goes on a decent run in this thing, which will be hard considering he's looking at a potential matchup with Von Erich in Round 2. The Bulldog might make a mini run, but I think it's doubtful.

Hulk Hogan has gotten blessed so far with this draw. He is going to have no trouble winning this subregion. He should demollish all in voting. He better rest up now though because once he gets out of Tampa he is in for an uphill climb. Sting and the Undertaker are waiting and in my opinion will beat the Hulkster. Even John Cena, i think has a good shot of beating Hulk. Both guys seem to be Superman and it may turn out to be a battle of who can keep coming back, and i just believe Cena can go longer than Hogan can and should beat him.

But back to this region, i just dont think there is any threat to Hulk and he should probably have atleast 75% of the voting in every match in this subregion.

This sub-region couldn't have helped and hurt two people more than Hulk Hogan and Sabu.

On one side, you have Hulk f'n Hogan. And noone is going to stand in his way to what should be a hugely easy victory on-route to the next portion of this tournament beyond this sub-region. Hulk Hogan's biggest challenge will honestly, in my opinion, be Sgt. Slaughter. And that's pathetic.

On the flip side, you have the Homicidal, Suicidal, Death-Defying, Sabu.. and NONE of that screams "talented wrestler". I'd be flat out shocked at this point, if Sabu wasn't instantly emliminated by whoever he faces instantly.

Sabu doesn't have the ability to wrestle you. He has the ability to hurt you, with objects. Something that isn't allowed in this region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back