WCW Tampa, Round 3, Match 1: #1 Hulk Hogan vs. #16 Tito Santana

Hogan vs. Santana

• Hulkamania

• Chico Santana

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes palce in the WCW Region, under basic WCW Rules, from Tampa, Fl.

#1. The Immortal Hulk Hogan
233315-hulk_hogan___ripping_shirt_as_champ___copy_large.jpg

vs.

#16. Tito Santana
titomatador6ja.jpg

You've got the number one guy and a career midcarder from the same era here. That says all that needs to be said really. Hogan wins a pretty onesided affair here decisively.

I couldn't find any reason to put Santana over Hogan, and if Tastycles can't find one either, there must not be one. Hogan has to be the favourite for the whole tournament never mind this match.

Santana has two IC title reigns and a King of the Ring. Hulk Hogan made WrestleMania what it is.

Wikipedia tells me Hogan and Santana were the only people to appear in the first nine Wrestlemanias. Santana's record is 2-7 (one of his wins a dark match), Hogan lost two and drew one, one of which a tag team. There isn't a category where Santana wins.

This is the 'easy pick of the tournament'. Hogan and Chico wrestled in the same era and the comparison between the two can be summed up like this.

Hogan's world title reigns in the WWE: 5
Tito's world title reigns ANYWHERE: 0

It's a ten minute affair simply because Hulk wants to give the crowd what they want and Hulk up, hit the big boot, leg drop, and the pin.

I might be the biggest Tito mark around here, and even I know he'll be lucky to get two votes. There isn't a thing in Tito's arsenal that can remotely hurt Hulk. Even four or five forearms would only get a two could before tito is launched through the middle ropes and out to the apron as Hulk Hulks up and wins. Santana will be lucky to get a minute of offense in as Hogan dominates here.

I'm with lets Hogan; I like Tito but that would be like Jorda playing Derek Fischer in a dunk contest it over before it begins and that what this match would be.

I think Tito would put on a great match with Hogan, but he doesn't stand a chance in winning. Hogan is just too dominant, and too strong for Tito to go over.

I'm guessing Tito goes for the forearm, Hulk no-sells, hulks up, and then big boot and leg drop FTW.

There's no way that Tito will defeat Hulk Hogan. He never did as many things as Hogan. Hogan made wrestling go mainstream. Hogan resurrected a company that was slowly dying and losing large amounts of money a year. Tito could never do that. Also you have to add in the fact that Hogan was a multiple time champion...So he is far more successful than Tito could have ever dreamed of.

I don't know how anyone can make a good argument on why Tito should take the win, so for that reason and the other one's I am going to vote Hogan to defeat Tito.

What can you really say about htis match that hasn't already been said. Tito was around during Hogan's prime and Tito never managed to get beyond the mid card and the IC title. Now that's not shitting on Tito, the iC title was worth much more then it is today, but the fact is, Tito was wrestling at the beginning of the card, getting people ready for the big match of the evening, which was headlined by Hogan. Tito was a fine wrestler, he just gets beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back