Dreamer vs. The African Dream

• Innovator of Silence

• Akeem

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules. Th ering and entrance are equal height, from Los Angeles, CA.

#30. "The Innovator of Violence" Tommy Dreamer
ecw-wwe-tommy-dreamer.jpg

vs.

#35. One Man Gang
gang.jpg

Damn it. I hate to say it, but I think Dreamer does what he does best here: lose. People forget Gang's WCW run where he held the US title for a decent amount of time. Dreamer's one of the few ECW guys that can wrestle a decent match without weapons, but he rarely wins without them. Come to think of it he rarely wins with them either. The problem here is that Dreamer's two finishers, the DDT and the Spicolli Driver aren't going to work on Gang. the only way Dreamer wins here is via count out or a fluke. Gang is simply too big here, and I have to go with Gang, but I hope I'm wrong.

Neither of these guys can ever lay claim to being the greatest of all time. Gang would probably have him for lunch. Tommy Dreamer has simply become the highest profile jobber in the history of WWE. He loses to every single friggin' guy he wrestles. Any sort of potential legacy he had has been completely tarnished. Now, I know that's not really his fault and he's simply doing what a professional does, but it is what it is. This would be similar to watching Dreamer go at it with Big Daddy V. He'd get a few good shots in, but he'd wind up being squashed in about 5 minutes.

Despite my avatar, I'm not going to say Tommy Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer is perhaps the grest ever jobber. People still care about him, and despite having won about 5 matches in 2 years he could probably win the ECW title tomorrow and nobody would think it was that much of a surprise.

However, that doesn't take away from the fact that he never wins. I'm a huge admirer of the man, but I just can't see how he'd win against anybody. One Man Gang/Akeem was big and strong and he was the most dominant in one of the early Royal Rumbles, so I think I will go with him.

I went to 2 ECW house shows back in the day, and the second one was headlined with Tommy Dreamer, and a Louisiana legend, One Man Gang, as tag partners. It was pretty cool to see such different styles tag up, and I'm sure it'd be a fun little match if these two met each other in their prime. As far as who would win.... shit, in WCW, most likely One Man Gang, but I'm still not voting for him. I like OMG's work in Mid-South and even in the WWF, but Tommy's one of my all time favorites and I don't feel that OMG did enough throughout his career for me to vote him over a guy like Tommy Dreamer.

I don't feel that OMG did enough throughout his career for me to vote him over a guy like Tommy Dreamer.

The same can be said about Dreamer. His main claim to fame is that he was in ECW. But his other claim to fame is that he was nowhere neaar as popular as RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Doughlas, Funk, Jerry Lynn or others. Even in that promotion he was a frequent loser. At least Akeem (which is the version I'm using), lost to Hogan & Savage. Everybody lost to Hogan & Savage.

I hated One Man Gang, and was a big fan of Dreamer, but this isn't ECW. Akeem gets the win, and it probably won't be pretty. Dreamer will be in more pain than he ever was against Sandman...

If this was in the land of extreme then Tommy Dreamer has it. But here in WCW, Gang is gonna get the win. Tommy will give Gang a run and put on a hell of a fight, but Gang wins.

Man, tough draw for Dreamer all around. Like it was said previously, if it was ECW I'd give him a far better chance at winning, but this match isn't and Tommy is gonna get pummeled by Akeem. I am a pretty big fan of Dreamer and all, but it's not going to go his way. So my vote goes for Akeem, though not that it really matters who wins this one, they will be eaten alive by Sting next round.

I'm easily a bigger fan of Tommy Dreamer out of the two, and if I were voting with my heart, easily the vote goes to the Innovator of Violence and the man that practically is the Original ECW.

However, in the wonderful world of Kayfabe, Tommy Dreamer essentially became this decades version of Cactus Jack. The man is willing to lay on his back for anybody, and make sure that the other guys looks damn good in the process. Dreamer has had some great matches, and some great moments, but most of the time it ended up in a loss, this is no exception.

Seeing that this is dubya c dubya, this would be a squash...One man gang is a former U.S heavyweight champ...and was a big part of the WWF as one man gang, and Akeem....Tommy dreamer is just an overrated jobber... and sucks as a wrestler. one man gang destroys tommy jobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back