Sting vs. Williams

• Sting

• Lloyd, Petey Didn't have a Head?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WC WRegion under WCW rules, where the ring and entrance are equal height, from Los Angeles, CA

#3 "The Icon" Sting
rant.jpg

vs.

#62. "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams
peteywilliams.jpg

Haven't these two gone one on one at least once? If they have, we know who wins. Sting is the non-WWF Undertaker. He's played two distinct gimmicks in his career and has owned both of them. He's won tons of titles and championships, he's drawn, he can go in the ring and he's beyond over. Williams has a sick finisher, but that's about it. It's not that he's a bad wrestler because he's at least ok, but in this case he's up against a legend, and Sting wins with ease here.

Another easy one, Sting takes this with little effort. While I've never really been a fan of Sting, he's done just about anybody can really do in the U.S. as far as wrestling goes except work for the WWE. And, given Vince's history of sometimes sabotaging guys that made it big elsewhere without him, it's probably for the best that he didn't go to the WWE. Sting's been involved in high profile feuds, been a big draw and has put on some very good matches. Petey Williams is in great shape, great athlete and has possibly the best finisher in the business. While he does have some skill, he's simply not on Sting's level really in any way. Another problem Petey has, and this is a little bit of an exaggeration, is that he's about five feet tall. In his prime, Sting would squash Maple Leaf Muscle in about 2 minutes flat. In all honesty, though he's nearly 50, Sting would still probably squash him in a few minutes.

I can't be arsed to formulate an argument as to why, because it should be obvious. Sting was one of, if not the biggest name throughout the history of WCW, and PEtey Williams is just someone who has a cool finisher and looks a bit like Scott Steiner.

Sting wins this one quickly.

I really want to vote for Petey here, but he has no chance. Sting may be to top U.S. wrestler ever not to be in the WWE and Petey Williams just ripped someone else's gimmick off.

what the hell did petey ever do that was great in his career? oh yeah...his finisher...that piledriver thingy....but that got old quick...sting first 3 years in the bidness are far more important than petey's whole wrestling career...sting wins one easy over spot monkey

Petey can't win this match if he can't hit the Canadian Destroyer, and Sting is too big for it. Sting will dominate him in this match, and end it with a big Stinger Splash in the corner. He'll save the Deathlock for later.

Sting is one of the greatest legends ever in this business. Petey Williams has one of the stupidest and most unrealistic finishers I have ever seen, and that's the only reason why idiotic "movez!!1" fans think he's a good wrestler, when really he's a pile of shit. Sting takes this one with ease.

Going with the Stinger. Petey will get some shots in early, but Sting will gain the advantage and teach Petey a little "how to kick ass in a WCW ring 101." Sting is at home here and will get the win whether it is by the Deathlock or the Deathdrop.

I'm not going to say anything about Sting, that will be used later. What i will ramble on about, is Petey Williams. I can't understand the appeal of the guy. The guy is a one move wrestler, that's about it. He's not going to overwhelm you with athleticism like a typical Lucha Cruiserweight, or any of the other traditional high flying X-Division guys. He's a power guy for the little people. His finishing move, as cool as it is, it probably the most impractical thing I have ever seen in wrestling. The move is essentially worthless if trying to apply it to anyone over 5 and a half feet tall. So his power is negated, his finisher is worthless, it's a cake walk for Sting.

I'm a fan of Petey Williams, but Sting is a legend. One of the best ever. I'm a huge Sting fan. I know he was a legend in WCW, and he could have been the one who put an end to the WWF at Starrcade with Hulk Hogan. However, the match failed but Sting went to TNA a few years later and is treated like a God there as well. As Klunder said, he's TNA's/WCW's version of the Undertaker. His gimmick has been around forever, but it's so damn successful and the guy knows how to wrestle a good match, even still at an old age. WCW was where Sting succeeded the most, so he definately has the advantage.

Petey is basically a TNA mid-carder which isn't saying a real lot. So Sting wins this easily in a short 6 miunte match.

I like Petey Williams but i'm gonna have take the Stinger here cause he is a legend & he has won a shit load of world championships & has beaten some of the greatest wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. Sting wins this one with a Stinger Splash as he saves his 2 finishing moves for a more worthy opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back