WCW: Los Angeles Sub-Regional

I'm sorry but yes, Jarrett is very much overrated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless Jeff Jarrett is the most appalling specimen of a wrestler that has ever stepped inside the ring, he cannot possibly be overrated. He's hated by so many people, he would have to be an absolute shitpiece to be overrated.

He's underrated, because so many people call him overrated - baselessly, I might add. He's actually a very decent wrestler.

Jarrett even comes across as a bit of a lovable bumpkin when trying to be a heel because he doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

He's managed to cause his fair share of near riots in his time.

While both are overrated, I can't bring myself to vote for guy that founded the company and put the top title on himself over and over again.

Well, that's OK. Some spell OK like this: Okay.

Okayfabe. Kayfabe.

Baselessly my ass. I've seen Jarrett over the entire span of his career and he's nothing special to right home about. Like Jerry Lawler, Jarrett was a major deal in the Memphis area. He was a star in his daddy's Continental Wrestling Association and later on when his old man formed the USWA. After he got out of Memphis and came to the WWF in 1993, he showed that he was a good mid-carder but he wasn't main event material. Double J was a goofy gimmick, but it's the only time I've ever found him to be remotely authentic up until recently. His time in WCW, for the most part, I found awful. They tried to make the guy a Horseman and it went over only somewhat better than Paul Roma. His reigns as WCW World Heavyweight Champion came about as the company was circling the drain though, to be fair, WCW was so far gone by then that nobody could have saved it. Still, it's hard for me to get behind reigns that last barely a week, which is what happened with nearly all his WCW World Title runs, before dropping it. And, the most shameful of shames comes from Jarrett's involvement in that travesty in which David Arquette won the title. I don't care what anybody says, that was a slap in the face to any wrestling fan out there and anyone involved in it should rightly be ashamed.

Caused a few riots? When exactly and where? Anybody that's ever bought into Jarrett's "slapnuts" tough guy image would be someone that found serious drama in the old Superfriends cartoon series of the 60s and 70s. Now that he's made his return to TNA after taking care of personal business, I think he comes across truly as he is: A good mid-cader with a bland personality trying to be something he never really was, a main eventer He's good, he's a good mid-card wrestler but the guy isn't a main eventer. He's good, but he's not 10-time World Champion good. Not by any stretch.

Baselessly my ass. I've seen Jarrett over the entire span of his career and he's nothing special to right home about.

There's nothing to write home about Booker T either, but hardly anyone likes him. Therefore he's not overrated. How you can't get this concept is baffling to me.

Caused a few riots? When exactly and where?

TNA. King of the Mountain 2004 or 2005? I also said "near riots".

He's good, but he's not 10-time World Champion good. Not by any stretch.

Is he a ten time world champion?

Final results of the Los Angeles Sub Region.

Sting vs. Lou Thesz: 41-22. In probably the most word heavy thread of the tournament thus far, The Stinger takes down the man that made the NWA title and the NWA what it is.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Jeff Jarrett: 32-26. Latino Heat manages to use his one title reign and a career full of mediocrity to move past a ten time world champion in Jeff Jarrett...slow clap.

Round 4: This match moves to the Georgia dome in a to be determined gimmick match. Sting takes on Eddie Guerrero.

Yay! Jarrett is eliminated! Too bad Eddie faces the same fate here. Sting could be well on his way to winning the whole damn thing, and Eddie won't slow him down.

Sting is stronger, more athletic, and more technically sound. Guerrero may get a decent promo in before the match, but it won't be pretty between the ropes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back