Vote To Legalize Marijuana

To hijack this discussion into an intelligent debate about drug law reform:

I live in a state where personal possession of marijuana is decriminalized. You can carry up to an ounce of marijuana and face a $100 fine, which by current quirk of law has no agency which is empowered to collect that fine, meaning it doesn't have to be paid. Various towns have enacted ordinances to make public consumption of marijuana equivalent to the fines for public consumption of alcohol. Distribution and sale is still a crime. Possession by a minor is a $1,000 fine, or drug classes which last (I believe) about six months.

For what it was meant to do, the law works. Marijuana possession is no longer a "tack on" charge for other offenses. Drug crimes aren't clogging up courts as much as they were, allowing for a refocusing of police and court efforts onto more serious crimes. I have no information on any changes in percentage of users, but from anecdotal evidence I don't see people suddenly starting to smoke marijuana simply because of a change in the law. The pot industry hasn't been commercialized, as sale is still illegal.

I don't think marijuana is that serious of an issue, but I don't think it should be legalized, simply because it would then be taken over and promoted by commercial concerns. I'm fine with marijuana, but we don't need to be promoting marijuana use. I don't go around telling people about how great my pot smoking is, it's just a thing that I choose to do because I enjoy it.

It is more than a small issue saying that makes you sound like a idiot. Like I said before legalizing marijuana will do great things and you we now have a chance to do so. More and more people are starting to realize how marijuana is harmless. Look at all the wasted tax dollars being spent on innocent people who are in prison for having some pot on them. It cost more for one person to be in prison then it does to send some one to college. With the DEA raiding marijuana dispensaries when they those people have every right to have their dispensaries so people can get their medicine. It's way more than a small issue. We treat marijuana smokers like they are the scum of the earth criminals when most of them are good people. We need to change our ways, we need to change the world.

There is also a lot more successful stoners than drop outs. The school systems are also something that need to be fixed as well.

Also I'm done with responding to Rayne's dumb comments I'll talk when he wants to have a real discussion If your pro pot then why don't you take over and talk about all the benefits from marijuana. Instead of bashing me you now tell me why the drug war is a failure, tell me why are you pro pot since your so smart. Don’t go off topic I already responded to your dumb carrot comment before so don’t say I’m ignoring you I’ll stop eating carrots when they have a functional mind be able to have feelings,also when they are able to see and hear. Until then I’ll continue to smoke pot and eat carrots while you remain an idiot. Even though I present facts people still call me dumb I’m just telling people the truth behind marijuana. I also say and do a lot more than just post online videos. I only post them as more evidence that marijuana should be legalized and you also get someone besides me spreading the message since no one in here seems to like me.

No one ever answered my unfair justice question either.

I believe if something is good or if it works for when it already has a bad rep, then the best thing to do is to promote. Have successful people who smoke pot say "I say smoke pot what's the big deal". Show evidence that what you have been told by your government is wrong, you shouldn’t let them win this war

Can you tell me what state is that you live in?
By making punishments that are less harsh is a stepping stone in having it legalized and treated the same way as alcohol. More states need to be doing that. That's what why you should vote YES to make marijuana legal.

Also I'm done with responding to Rayne's dumb comments I'll talk when he wants to have a real discussion If your pro pot then why don't you take over and talk about all the benefits from marijuana.
Because I'm not a preacher insistent on telling people why everything that I do is great. I smoke pot because I enjoy it. If it'll cure your herpes too, great, but I'm not a salesman.
Instead of bashing me you now tell me why the drug war is a failure, tell me why are you pro pot since your so smart.
The war against marijuana is a misapplication of limited resources. There's only so much funding and more important fish in the sea.
Don’t go off topic I already responded to your dumb carrot comment before so don’t say I’m ignoring you I’ll stop eating carrots when they have a functional mind be able to have feelings,also when they are able to see and hear.
So simply because you don't view carrots as having functional minds, feelings, or sense capacity, you think it's OK to eat them? What if I draw the line at not eating anything that doesn't have opposable thumbs and intellectual reasoning capacity?

The fact that you actually responded literally to my carrot comment shows that the logic there went WAY the fuck over your head. The idea, which many people got, was to demonstrate that all you are doing is drawing a moral line in the sand and claiming it's the correct one. What about my moral lines? No opposable thumbs or intellectual reasoning. How is your moral stance superior to mine?

If you answer, please do so in a form that does not include a YouTube video. Dailymotion either.

Until then I’ll continue to smoke pot and eat carrots while you remain an idiot. Even though I present facts people still call me dumb I’m just telling people the truth behind marijuana. I also say and do a lot more than just post online videos. I only post them as more evidence that marijuana should be legalized and you also get someone besides me spreading the message since no one in here seems to like me.
You keep using words like 'evidence' and 'truth'. You know that just because someone says something in an online video, that doesn't make it "true", correct?

No one here likes you because you're a fucking preacher trying to tell everyone why what you do is great, instead of trying to have actual conversations with people. Your form of argumentation consists of "I made a statement, it's true, so why are people disagreeing with me? They must not be listening, I'll say what I said before again."

What you should be doing is keeping your mouth shut, and pay attention to other people's viewpoints, especially those of which you don't agree with. Try to understand the logic of positions that oppose yours, and understand that just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't mean they're insane and not listening to what you have to say. Spend, and I mean this seriously and not dickishly, years doing this. Read some good books. Someone of your age could use some of Robert Heinlein's moralizing, and he's usually fluffy enough too to have mass appeal.
No one ever answered my unfair justice question either.
You're still in prison, you're not entitled to receive questions to your answers anyways, and for what it's worth, without seeing it, I doubt it was a masterstroke that ended all discussion.

You know Hemp and Marijuana are 2 different things right?

Marijuana has THC, hemp does not and in Canada (don't know about the states and don't care TBH) that means hemp is legal but Marijuana is not because you can't get high off hemp. So its legal to make all those fascinating materials out of hemp and do it legally but weed is still technically illegal (I say technically because jack will happen to you here for getting high. At most you will get your bag confiscated) because you can get high off marijuana. So let me ask you Todd, why legalize marijuana if you can legally accomplish the same with hemp?

Yes I do know the hemp and marijuana are two different things but they both come from the cannabis plant. Also both do great things.

To responded to Rayne I don't think I should shut up. Why should I keep silent about something with good benefits and something that is harmless and helpful to the body. When we live in a society where your labeled a criminal if you have possession of a plant that hasn't killed a single person yet. It's more of a crime that we lock people up for it. People like you are one of the main problems in the marijuana movement. You smoke it and say you enjoy but you knock someone else down for talking about how he likes to smoke pot and presents all the facts that show how marijuana is not what your government tells you.

Tell me then why should people be locked in prison for marijuana?
More people have died from marijuana being illegal than people smoking marijuana.
People have been killed in prison while only serving a sentence for possession. It's the prisons that make people worse not the pot. How can you just sit there and not do anything about yet say your pro pot? You tell me to pay attention to other peoples view points trust me I have tried when it comes to marijuana and there isn’t anything that anyone can say to me why marijuana is bad. No one ever has a good enough excuse of being against marijuana. I've read plenty of books, articles, and watched documentaries on Marijuana. So I know what I'm talking about when it comes to pot.

By saying you won’t answer me because I’m in pretend prison is only because you can’t come up with a real answer. I just want people to explain ho it makes more sense to put someone like Marc Emery in prison for 5 years for only selling seeds and or government considers him one of the biggest threats to America. When Michael Vick killed and torture animals for many years and only got 21 months now he plays in the NFL again makes millions. You are an idiot if you say Michael Vick paid for his crime he didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. With what he did he deserves to be locked in a jail cell for the rest of his life. People like him are criminals not Marc Emery even child molesters have gotten less of a sentence than Marc Emery and other people locked up for possession.

Please explain this act of un fair justice

To responded to Rayne I don't think I should shut up. Why should I keep silent about something with good benefits and something that is harmless and helpful to the body.
Because the 'evidence' you provide is blatantly biased in favor of a viewpoint it is trying to gain supporters for. You should keep quiet because you are a discredit to the causes you argue for.
When we live in a society where your labeled a criminal if you have possession of a plant that hasn't killed a single person yet. It's more of a crime that we lock people up for it. People like you are one of the main problems in the marijuana movement. You smoke it and say you enjoy but you knock someone else down for talking about how he likes to smoke pot and presents all the facts that show how marijuana is not what your government tells you.
No, I'm not a problem in the marijuana movement. I'm not part of the marijuana movement. Keep me out of your crusade, hippie. I knock you for being a crusader, not for the cause that you're crusading for. And again, you have a very loose usage of the word "facts". Because someone says it online does not make it a "fact".
Tell me then why should people be locked in prison for marijuana?
Tell me when I ever said they should be? You must have missed my entire post (admittedly, I directed it at the more educated people here) talking about decriminalization.
More people have died from marijuana being illegal than people smoking marijuana.
People have been killed in prison while only serving a sentence for possession. It's the prisons that make people worse not the pot. How can you just sit there and not do anything about yet say your pro pot?
You're conflating the issues of prison reform and marijuana usage. Also, again, read my post (admittedly directed to the more educated people here) regarding decriminalization.
You tell me to pay attention to other peoples view points trust me I have tried when it comes to marijuana and there isn’t anything that anyone can say to me why marijuana is bad. No one ever has a good enough excuse of being against marijuana. I've read plenty of books, articles, and watched documentaries on Marijuana. So I know what I'm talking about when it comes to pot.
I believe that you've read a bunch, but I also believe that you've paid attention to what you choose to hear and ignored what you haven't liked. It's a plant that makes lazy people lazier. It has minor palliative properties, relieves nausea, and is also a minor hallucinogen. It's not a plant worth crusading over.
By saying you won’t answer me because I’m in pretend prison is only because you can’t come up with a real answer. I just want people to explain ho it makes more sense to put someone like Marc Emery in prison for 5 years for only selling seeds and or government considers him one of the biggest threats to America. When Michael Vick killed and torture animals for many years and only got 21 months now he plays in the NFL again makes millions. You are an idiot if you say Michael Vick paid for his crime he didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. With what he did he deserves to be locked in a jail cell for the rest of his life. People like him are criminals not Marc Emery even child molesters have gotten less of a sentence than Marc Emery and other people locked up for possession.

Please explain this act of un fair justice
The justice system isn't perfect, and no one has ever claimed it was. When you get into games of judicial equivalency, especially in-between jurisdictions, you can find all kinds of crazy comparisons that don't make sense.

Also, there are more reasons why people might not choose to answer you besides being unable. They might not respect you enough to answer, because most of your questions are nonsense.

Because the 'evidence' you provide is blatantly biased in favor of a viewpoint it is trying to gain supporters for. You should keep quiet because you are a discredit to the causes you argue for.

It's not biased when there are more facts about the benefits from marijuana. You can die from pretty much anything besides smoking marijuana. If you smoke marijuana then why don’t you tell me the facts on marijuana.

No, I'm not a problem in the marijuana movement. I'm not part of the marijuana movement. Keep me out of your crusade, hippie. I knock you for being a crusader, not for the cause that you're crusading for. And again, you have a very loose usage of the word "facts". Because someone says it online does not make it a "fact"..

By not being apart of the marijuana movement makes you a problem. Can you tell me how my facts on marijuana were wrong.

Tell me when I ever said they should be? You must have missed my entire post (admittedly, I directed it at the more educated people here) talking about decriminalization."

I never said you did but most of our prison population are people locked up for marijuana. I also wasn't directly speaking to you I was speaking to everyone. Why should we lock people up for smoking marijuana. Look at Marc Emery all he did was sell seeds. They locked up Tommy Chong for selling bongs.

You're conflating the issues of prison reform and marijuana usage. Also, again, read my post (admittedly directed to the more educated people here) regarding decriminalization.

Innocent people are still in prison right now and people still die in prison for only serving a possession sentence. I know you were talking about decimalizing marijuana but I also think that no one should be fined any amounts of money for having weed. I also think that decimalizing weed is a stepping stone to making it completely legal

I believe that you've read a bunch, but I also believe that you've paid attention to what you choose to hear and ignored what you haven't liked. It's a plant that makes lazy people lazier. It has minor palliative properties, relieves nausea, and is also a minor hallucinogen. It's not a plant worth crusading over..

It doesn't make you lazy it makes you think it makes you look at the world. You question all the wrong going on in the world. It's important to question things. I was uncertain about marijuana before I smoked it and when I tried I couldn't believe that I have been lied to all of my life by the government,parents,and school about marijuana. Steve Jobs was smoking pot when he came up with apple he even said that doing LSD was one of the most important things he ever did he wasn't very lazy. Bill Gates was smoking pot when he came up with Microsoft. Since this is a wrestling forum I'll bring up RVD that guy use to smoke up before matches. He wasn't very lazy he was one of the most athletic and most popular wrestler and still is today. Think of all the artist of the world who smoke pot or even came up with their ideas under the influence of marijuana. Many people who smoke pot are not lazy. The cannabis plant is the greatest plant on the planet. No other plant in the world has all the benefits you can get from just one simple plant.

The justice system isn't perfect, and no one has ever claimed it was. When you get into games of judicial equivalency, especially in-between jurisdictions, you can find all kinds of crazy comparisons that don't make sense..

So why accept it?

Also, there are more reasons why people might not choose to answer you besides being unable. They might not respect you enough to answer, because most of your questions are nonsense.

I don't really respect most of the people on hear but I still answer you.

Can you tell me what is nonsense about a dog killer a rapist and child molester all get lighter jail sentences than a man who sold seeds?

And that post is why I don't want you preaching about the benefits of marijuana. Jesus, you even pulled out the "if you're not with me, you're against me" line. You're making me want to stop smoking marijuana.

Quit asking me to prove your facts wrong, because I don't care enough about what you have to say to even go view them. The presentation of your original argument is so poor that I see no need to look up whatever lunacy became the supporting information. If you were to start by making a convincing argument, then provide the supporting information in the footnotes, maybe I could be convinced to care, but you lost me with your opening insanity.

The thing about legalizing Pot is this: For every study there's a counter-study. One must do the research on their own. Personally i think it should be legalized and taxed like Alcohol.

My personal opinion on it is this.

I'm gonna remove anything to do with medicinal purposes or making clothes or any of that hippy bullshit and I'm gonna say why I think it should be legalized.

Alcohol is much more harmful to a person than marijuana will ever be yet its legal. If Alcohol is legal why isn't marijuana.

I don't care if you legalize pot or make alcohol illegal but there is no way alcohol should be legal if marijuana isn't.

Marijuana doesn't make you productive.

Steve Jobs
Bill Gates
Bob Marley
Michael Phelps
Paul Mccartney
Seth Rogan
Jimi Hendrix
RVD
William Shakespeare

Stephen King
Willie Nelson
Montel Williams
Richard Branson
Woodey Harrelson
Ted Turner

All people who smoke marijuana and have become very successful.Some of the most successful people in the world were pot heads. Those are just the famous ones there are a lot more too. Lots of other people who have done great things who are still very productive to society.

:lmao: The only time you'll ever see RVD and Shakespeare together on ANY list

And that post is why I don't want you preaching about the benefits of marijuana. Jesus, you even pulled out the "if you're not with me, you're against me" line. You're making me want to stop smoking marijuana.

Quit asking me to prove your facts wrong, because I don't care enough about what you have to say to even go view them. The presentation of your original argument is so poor that I see no need to look up whatever lunacy became the supporting information. If you were to start by making a convincing argument, then provide the supporting information in the footnotes, maybe I could be convinced to care, but you lost me with your opening insanity.

First off it feels good to have having power back on after almost going a week with out it.

I think Rayne may be officially the dumbest and most close minded person on the planet.

I have every reason in the world to preach about marijuana being legal. For so many years innocent people have but put in prison some there until they even died all because they had some marijuana on them. Pot smokers have been getting stepped on by the government for way too long.

If you smoke pot then you should be pissed off how people are treated for it. You should be pissed off when you see Mitt Romney tell a dying man in a wheel chair that he will lock him and his doctors in prison if elected president. You should get pissed off when Marc Emery who lives in and is serving a 5 year sentence for selling seeds labeled one of the worst threats to America and you can't even call Michael Vick's punishment a slap on the wrist and his out making millions.

Cannabis is the greatest plant on the planet no other plant can do all the benefits that cannabis does. No one should be sent to prison, no one should be fined, no one should be raided for having possession of any amount of marijuana. We now have a chance to make marijuana legal and treated like alcohol in 3 states Washington,Colorado,and Oregon. This is our chance to go out and vote and make marijuana legal this will the first step to making it legal worldwide.

By just saying that you don't care and won't even bother at looking at the sources then that makes you even dumber than be. You are only ignoring the true answers to your close mind that you seem to refuse to open. If you say I do a poor job presenting my facts then you should watch evidence with all the benefits of marijuana by people who I think even present the facts better than me.

You don’t even have to smoke to think it should be legal look at Ron Paul a man who doesn’t smoke at all but wants to legalize marijuana because he knows it is wrong what our government does to marijuana smokers because it needs to be stopped and needs to be stopped now.

I have every reason in the world to preach about marijuana being legal. For so many years innocent people have but put in prison some there until they even died all because they had some marijuana on them. Pot smokers have been getting stepped on by the government for way too long.

Youre not innocent if you break the law, didnt someone explain that to you in the Christopher Columbus is a bad man thread??

The only crime that marijuana is illegal. So are you just going to obey your government say that innocent people broke the law just because the government says they broke the law. Just because the government said that innocent people broke the law means there law breakers. You seem to be everything the government wants in a person COMPLETLY CLUELESS. Get your head out your ass and realize that innocent people are sitting in prison for having a plant that do some great things for yourself and the planet. The only crime is when police bust in peoples doors with guns shoot their dogs point guns at their face and kids and then proceed to raid their house.

We are not clueless. We just don't care. Big difference.

And if you break the law, regardless of what you think about it, by definition you are not innocent.

Can you explain how his nonsense beats my facts?

Aside from your facts being either from biased sources or largely pointless, Rayne has done a very good job of undermining your activism by presenting his own, admittedly ridiculous and in all likelihood falsely held, beliefs and asking why should your anti-authority, hippy vegan stance take more precedence over his Justice For Carrots campaign.

You are either too dumb or so thoroughly blinded by your "politics" to see that he is holding a mirror up to you.

Enough with the stupid carrot bull shit you ignore by facts by bringing up some bullshit about carrots. Because you are too dumb to come up with anything else so you just use the same insult over and over.

Rayne hasn’t posted any facts and either have you, the sources I posted are not biased.

Tell me what sounds more like breaking the law

Breaking into someone’s house
Busting open their door
A large group of men with guns
Will shoot and kill their dog if if barks
Will even shoot and kill the person if they try to stop them
Put guns to there face
Raid there entire house making a mess out of anything
Then robbing them at gun point

OR

Having a plant

Just because the government says it's a law doesn't mean it's right doesn't mean that these people are not innocent. How can you be a criminal for smoking marijuana? You will get in less trouble for getting drunk and beating your wife than smoking marijuana for medical benefits.
Your telling me sick people who smoke marijuana to live their lives peacefully is breaking the law and is not innocent if the police find some pot on him and this person is now a criminal.

Enough with the stupid carrot bull shit you ignore by facts by bringing up some bullshit about carrots. Because you are too dumb to come up with anything else so you just use the same insult over and over.

If you cannot see the reason behind the carrot premise then it is because you are not clever enough to grasp its complexities.

And people are not ignoring a lot of the facts. They are ignoring you.

the sources I posted are not biased.

Yes, they are. They are presenting a side of an argument that is beneficial to their cause, without presenting the whole picture, which is the very essence of "bias" or "spin."

Just because the government says it's a law doesn't mean it's right doesn't mean that these people are not innocent.

You cannot be this stupid. Innocence and guilt are dictated by the law and the law is dictated by the government.

How can you be a criminal for smoking marijuana?

Because the law says so.

Your telling me sick people who smoke marijuana to live their lives peacefully is breaking the law and is not innocent if the police find some pot on him and this person is now a criminal.

Yes, they are not innocent because, depending which state they live in, they have broken the law.

You want to talk the ethics behind it and how the law might be ethically wrong then that is something different but people who break the law are not innocent.

Барбоса;4188609 said:
Yes, they are. They are presenting a side of an argument that is beneficial to their cause, without presenting the whole picture, which is the very essence of "bias" or "spin."

It's hard when there so many more pros than cons when it comes to marijuana. Most of the bad things that happen with marijuana is mainly because it is illegal. If you make it legal the gang violence would go down by a lot. More problems occur from marijuana being illegal than it being legal.Yeah it may make you a little sleepy or forgetful if you do it too much but if you abuse anything it can be bad.

If you eat too much Mcdonald’s or too much junk food your going to get fat. You don't see people shutting down Mcdonald’s for being a big contributer of obesity being one of our biggest problems. It's all about moderation I like to smoke pot but I never abuse it. one nicely packed hit from the bong a day is very healthy for the body.

Try comparing someone who is an alcoholic and a pot head. People who abuse alcohol do so much more harm to any person who smokes pot everyday. Even quitting marijuana may be addicting to some but it is a lot easier to quit marijuana than Alcohol,Tobacco, or any other type of drug.

Барбоса;4188609 said:
You cannot be this stupid. Innocence and guilt are dictated by the law and the law is dictated by the government.

Because the law says so.

Yes, they are not innocent because, depending which state they live in, they have broken the law.

You want to talk the ethics behind it and how the law might be ethically wrong then that is something different but people who break the law are not innocent.

I think that your jealous that I called Rayne the most close minded person on the planet I think that your trying to grabbing the title.

To end close minded views like Барбоса, Rayne and many others is a reason why you should go out vote to make marijuana legal in all 3 states then work on getting the rest of the states. So innocent people can stop being accused of breaking the law when they never did anything wrong.

If you want to talk so much about people who break the law then talk about the alcohol companies,tobacco companies,the doctors that prescribe people all sorts of pills that they don't need.

Why not arrest the tobacco company owners for the death of hundreds of thousands of people each year. The tobacco companies have done more damage to people than Hitler. What about them are the tobacco companies they get away with murder. Same goes for alcohol companies and the pill proscribing doctors. They get away with murder all the time.

All that is legal and not considered breaking the law

But smoking a plant or even having a plant that hasn't killed a single person in it's entire existence and those are the people that we are going to label law breaking citizens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back