• Lightweight Bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis
  • Middleweight Bout: Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
  • Featherweight Bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
Preliminary Card (FX)
  • Lightweight Bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
  • Bantamweight Bout: Kid Yamamoto vs. Vaughn Lee
  • Middleweight Bout: Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
  • Bantamweight Bout: Takaya Mizugaki vs. Chris Caraiso

The undercard goes live at 7:10 with Kid, Gomi, Mizugaki, Fukuda, and Cantwell all in action. It's kind of shocking to me that Japanese legends like Gomi and Kid are being relegated to the undercard, but at least they have fights and decent chances at winning. And God willing Steve Cantwell will get his ass beat again and finally be cut from the UFC. And people thought Jardine had a long UFC life...

The main card goes live a 10 and should be a good one. Only two of the fights look like they will be boring, but maybe they will be better then they appear. Bendo vs. Frankie should be a fantastic title fight, between two very talented fighters. I cannot wait to see these two guys go to war.

Rampage missed weight by 6 pounds. No good. I love Rampage but this makes me want to see Bader knock him clean out, that said I don't think he will. Rampage has to much experience and even though he missed weight, I think he is still hungry to pick up a win in Japan.

Akiyama vs. Shields doesn't interest me at all. Should be a decision for Shields. Kongo vs. Hunt has the potential to be a great stand up war, but is more likely that Kongo will look for the takedown. Lauzon vs. Pettis should be another good, exciting fight. Okami vs. Boetsch will likely be another boring decision for Yushin. And hopefully Hioki has a good showing and can get a title shot with a win over Bartimus.

Frankie will beat Ben. I honestly don't know why Frankie is the underdog again here, but I don't feel like going in depth about it. Looks like a great card from top to bottom, and I'm looking forward to staying up until 2 AM to watch. Crowd is already very in to the fights, and it's just the prelims, so that's a great sign.

I got Ben taking this one. Frankie has gotten by on his ridiculous speed, but I get the feeling Henderson can match him for speed. Henderson has better power and could get a knockdown or two if he's lucky.

Gomi didn't look all that great, but hey... a win's a win and I couldn't be happier for him. He showed great heart and gave the fans a great fight, as always. Exactly why I'll always be a huge fan of his, no matter what.

Pettis v Lauzon to start us off. Should be a good fight. As mentioned before, rooting for Lauzon, although that ninja kick of Pettis' does look sick.

gomi almost tapped. very first time i've ever seen him fight, looked very awkward as rogan put it, but impressive nonetheless.

gomi almost tapped. very first time i've ever seen him fight, looked very awkward as rogan put it, but impressive nonetheless.

The reason it wasn't effective in the 1st Round was because Gomi doesn't have the chin or handspeed he had 5 years ago. If he still had those attributes, he'd still be a top 5 Lightweight.

If Gomi stands a chance to succeed at this point in his career, he needs to come out every fight like he did in the 2nd Round tonight and just go for broke. That or get some submission defense and become a lay and prayer like he was the first couple of fights in his career.

Anyways, super happy he won. Almost had a heart attack, lol. Now I can just sit back and enjoy the show. Some great fights here, but not really rooting for anyone heavily outside of Hunt and Hioki. I want Jlau and Bendo to win their fights as well, but it won't bring me down at all if they don't since I like and respect their opponents.

Gomi was fucking awesome during the Pride days, but that's a long time ago. He looks very slow compared to his past glory. He relied on his quickness and reflexes quite a bit, and you could tell that he's lost a step.

EDIT: lol, like jmt225 said.

I have him at #6.

1. Edgar
2. Melendez
3. Bendo
4. Maynard
5. Nate Diaz
6. Pettis
7. Cerrone
8. Guida
9. Miller
10. Lauzon

Nice moves there from both fighters. Thought it was it when that submission went on but Bart managed to power out of Hioki's armbar.

I've got to give this fight to Hioki. Bart's looked average. Hioki was just all over Bart's back and was unlucky not to get the submission there.

Meh, Hioki looked good, but it was more about Bart being a fish out of water on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back