Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
Maybe it's just me but I think this is a down year for quarterbacks. At the very top you still have tremendous HOF talents but once you get past those few guys there's a lot of young qb's still trying to prove themselves and a lot of veterans who seem to be on the downside of their careers. For the first time in forever I don't have Peyton Manning as a top 2 qb simply because I don't know how he will recover from this injury. It's the same boat I had Tom Brady in back in 2008. So I ask you, who are the top 10 qb's in the NFL right now.

1. Aaron Rodgers- Defending Super Bowl champ and no one is playing better then he is at this point in time.

2. Tom Brady- He continues to put up huge numbers and win football games. His defense is awful but the Pats are still elite because of Brady.

3. Drew Brees- I always seem to have Brees at number three. He is not only great, he is consistently great. The things this guy does on the field are remarkable.

4. Peyton Manning- The man is injured, not dead. The only reason I have him here is because of the injury and the uncertainty about his future.

5. Ben Roethlisberger- The guy wins football games. He isn't off to the best start this season but he is as tough as they come.

6. Phillip Rivers- He is another guy off to a bad start this year but he is still a top 5 caliber talent. I expect him to heat up sooner rather then later.

7. Michael Vick- Another somewhat rocky start but the man is playing with absolutely no offensive line and he has a defense that cannot stop the run. I still think the Eagles will end up winning the NFC East because the division is weak this year and Vick is perhaps the most dynamic talent in the game.

8. Matt Ryan- Ryan has the most weapons he has ever had but he has yet to take that next step into being an elite qb. This seems like a trend on my list but he is another guy off to a slower start then usual.

9. Matt Stafford- I don't care that it has only been 4 games thus far. Outside of Rodgers, Brady, and Brees no qb has been as good as Stafford this season. If he plays like this the entire year then I move him ahead of Matt Ryan easily and have him competing for a top 5 spot sooner rather then later.

10. Matt Schaub- The Texans are off to a solid start in a bad division. Schaub has to lead the Texans to the playoffs if he wants to stay a top 10 qb. Losing Andre Johnson hurts but Schaub is still a good qb and he edges out Joe Flacco and Josh Freeman for the ten spot.

Honorable Mention: Cam Newton- Newton is going to be a superstar in this league. many people thought he was a consolation prize for Carolina after Luck decided to stay at Stanford for his senior year but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Newton has the better career of the two. He has thoroughly impressed me the first 5 games this season and he is only going to get better.

My list is determined by this - if I need a guy to win me one game THIS SEASON, who do I want. So with that being said, Mannings not gonna be on this list, since I don't know if he's even gonna come back this year (with the way the Colts are starting it'd be tough to see that happening).

1. Aaron Rodgers - Playing at a completely different level this year. Yes he's got some great talents at receiver/TE, but he can kill you with his feet as well.
2. Tom Brady - Absolute disector of a defense. When he's hot there's nobody better, and he has a great arm.
3. Drew Brees - This guy is right next to the other two in terms of talent and consistency.
4. Philip Rivers - A slight dropoff from 3 to 4. Rivers has all the talent in the world and has had some great statistical seasons, but he needs one where he puts it all together and has a great playoff run like Rodgers did last year.
5. Ben Roethlisberger - Doesn't put up big numbers always like the first 4 guys but he can always keep a play alive and is tough as nails.
6. Mike Vick - Is hindered by a porous O-Line and defense and is somewhat inconsistent, but when he's on he's the best in the league.
7. Josh Freeman - I might be a tad higher on this kid then others, but you're never out of a game with him under center, although it'd be nice if he could do it over a whole game.
8. Matt Ryan - Great QB at home, average on the road. Has to get better there, even if his offense is suited to run first.
9. Eli Manning - I know he gets shit on quite a bit with the amount of INTs he throws, but many of them aren't his fault and he really can be a QB that can lead a team places.
10. Matt Schaub - Has really developed quite well in Houston, although an unhealthy Andre Johnson isn't good for him.

Matt Stafford is probably #11 for me, just need to see him sustain it for a whole season (i.e. no injuries). He's been having a great season, though, and probably would jump ahead of Ryan if he continues to produce the way he has been to start this season. Romo would be up there aswell but he's had two games where he's blown that shouldn't have been.

I have no criteria for this. Just QB's I would want under center.

1. Aaron Rodgers, the guy is a passing machine and hardly ever makes a bad decision. Yes, he has a lot of weapons but he still needs to give them the ball.

2. Ben Roethlisberger, There's always hate out there for the man. He holds onto the ball way too long and so much more. But he's tough as nails. He wins games. Sometimes they aren't pretty but he does it. His line is god awful. Most elite QB's have a solid O-Line. The Steelers don't. He finally has some weapons. People to spread the ball out too. He may not break records but it's winning that matters.

3. Tom Brady, yeah he passes a lot. Still wins. But now can't win in the playoffs. Gotta young team. But still plays well. Nobody reads a defense better.

4. Drew Brees, he spreads a pretty good ball. Doesn't make costly mistakes. Performs well with a meh type running game. Just like Brady he makes his weapons. He's also been for consistent for years.

5. Peyton Manning, he's out this year but he's been alright his career, right?

6. Phillip Rivers, he's a regular season QB. Can't win the big one but plays well in the regular season.

7. Matt Schaub, he's just improved drastically over the years.

8. Matt Ryan, he's not really Matty Ice. But he plays well at home. He's still young. He may become elite. He got some weapons now.

9. Josh Freeman, I know he's young but he reminds me so much of Roethlisberger. He'll also become elite, maybe...

10. Eli Manning, he's like Ben, not always the prettiest but still wins.

Why Vick didn't make it. You're not winning Super Bowls with him. Too many bad mistakes. The bad o line is only an excuse. Ben has gone to two Super Bowls with a shit offensive line...

Stafford hasn't been healthy, he'll be top ten next year, unless he gets injured

three lists and no Ryan Fitzpatrick???? I call shenanigans on all y'all!

1. Brady- Duh.

2. Rogers- Duh

3. Brees- Little less duh, but still automatic

4. Rivers- As consistent as it gets, but not always the spectacular numbers. Oh the downside of playing on a truly balanced team. Pick numbers need to go down though, or he drops off my top ten rapidly.

5. Vick- Got that huge upside. Even when the Eagles are losing, it's not because of him.....well....except today.

6. Fitzpatrick- The fact that no one inserted the leader of the 4th highest scoring offense in the NFL this season seems stupid to me. Bills are two points behind Pats and Lions who are tied for 2nd.

7. Stafford- Until he gets injured, he's top 10 no question .

8. Big Ben- Never has the spectacular numbers, but can always seem to get it done.

9. Alex Smith- Huge upside to him....finally. And one of the league leaders in offense. 3rd highest completion% in the league right now, but with Gore as his back, his numbers always seem to be impacted by a Gore rushing TD .

10. Matt Hasselbeck- Best QB with no weapons anymore. It's starting to show and he'll drop out of my top 10 shortly....probably to be replaced by Cam Newton.

Why aren't The Mannings here? Well one has a busted junk and the other is Peyton Manning. Eli is one of the most streaky QB's in the league and when he's off he's terrible.

I'd quote your post and go from there but with this new mobile wz I can't. So here goes nothing.

Fitzpatrick isn't on my list because everyone is basing his success off of 5 games. He is having a stellar year but what about years previous? A good 5 game stretch does not make up for a few years of mediocrity. Maybe by the end of the year he can slide into the top ten but not right now.

Alex Smith is another one. I've been a huge Smith supporter his entire career. The hatred for him is unwarranted. He's had five different offensive coordinators and no head coach that believed in him. Drafting Kaeparnick (sp) helped Smith in many ways. He's a viable threat to Smith in a year or two. So now he has to perform. Smith also has played with some shitty head coaches. I want Smith to succeed but 5 games isn't enough for me to label him a top 10 QB.

Now onto Eli Manning, you call him streaky and what not, but so is Michael Vick and he's number 5 on your list. When Eli is on he's very good. Actually he looks elite, which is why I label him a top 10 QB. It's a body of work and I think his good days outweigh the bad ones.

Also, having Big Ben on your list at 8 is truly laughable. He's a winner, a proven leader, extremely clutch and his offense goes as he goes. Big Ben isn't a numbers gut. He does enough to win and that's all that matters.

The list is the top 10 QBs NOW. The thread asked for the top 10 QBs now.

I haz literacy and read. I suggest you do the same.

I am going to take a different route than everyone else.

1-Peyton Manning: What? How on earth is Manning at the top of my list? Well lets take a look at the Colts. Last season with Manning as their QB, they could do no wrong on all sides of the ball. Offensively they were the best passing team in the NFL. Manning could put the ball anywhere and that kind of offensive ability allowed the Colts to be excused on their Defense. Now without Manning, the Colts look like a complete mess. Offensively everyone is out of sync, Manning and Saturday kept the offense together and dismantled defenses. The Colts were an annual 10 game winning team with a play-off shot every year. I honestly believe Peyton has the best chance of winning the MVP award this year by simply seeing how bad the Colts are without him.

2) Tom Brady: All around star, Tom Brady is a fantasy owners wet dream. And rightfully so, the man piles on the points and constantly carries the Patriots offense into 30-40 point shoot-outs. In fact, Brady is so scary passing the ball the Patriots can draft and pick-up third rate running backs like Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead and make them look like stars because of the sheer fact they would rather have Green-Ellis run 50 yards than have Brady throw for 300. Accurate, powerful, and a winner are the words that can describe Brady. His rings and the dynasty he was a part of will always be remembered by NFL fans.

3) Drew Brees: Oh Drew, if it wasn't for him, NFL scouts would still be judging Quarterbacks ability to play in the NFL by their size and height. Drew may not have started in the NFL with the amount of talent he has now. Be he is a prime example on how hard work and dedication can bring out of a man. Even if he can't see over his offensive line he can still throw a laser pass to just about anybody in a Saints uniform. If anything, Dictionaries should add a picture of Drew next to the word "Dedication"

4) Aaron Rodgers: Everyone knew this kid as the hippy from Cali with the notepad for Brett Farve. Now everyone knows him as the SuperBowl MVP for the Green Bay Packers. The kid is young, has a cannon, and has shown he is a proven leader for a team. A perfect piece for Green Bay management to build their team around.

5) Ben Roethlisberger: You can question his character off the field all you like, but Ben is perhaps the best at staging a comeback for his team at the quarterback position. Built like a bus, Big Ben has all the tools to be a winner and it shows with his multiple Superbowl wins. And his size brings him a great edge in avoiding pass rushers by being able to see the field and move his body. Not only that, Ben is perhaps the best passer while being hit by a defender, no one can keep their poise in the pocket and sling a pass to a target and being followed up by hit like Ben can. The only thing keeping him out of the Hall of Fame, is his character off the field.

6) Ryan Fitzpatrick: Does anyone else think the Bengals are upset when they released Ryan after their 12-4 season? Now the Bengals are declining and Fitz is taking the reigns of a now powerful Buffalo Offense. You can say the rushing duo of Fred Jackson and C.J Spiller help balance the load he has to carry but his stats don't lie that he has joined the upper-level of Quarterbacks.

7) Matt Schaub: Why is Matt rated so low on my list? Simple answer, he doesn't have that winning edge the upper 6 bring to the table. Granted, Matt is an amazing passer and with Andre Johnson, they're a force to be reckoned with. But when ever the Texans have any chance of reaching the post-season, Matt along with the defense are unable to pull their weight and end up falling short. Maybe in the future Matt can show he belongs in the ranks of the elite. But right now, he is just cutting it.

8) Michael Vick: Strong passer, runs the ball, comeback player of the year. But yet no superbowl ring. Vick is always a fun player to watch, he has the most entertaining play-style in the NFL for the fact that he finally was able to add passing to his array of moves on getting the ball down the field. But Michael Vick, like Schaub, have been unable to become a leader and take their team to the Post-season and win the big one. Also, with Vick's playing style, he is constantly slamming his 200 pound frame body into Linebackers like Clay Matthews or Urlacher. When he is on the field, he is one of the best. But when he is sitting on a medical bed getting his hand wrapped up, not so much.

9) Josh Johnson: Josh Johnson is a really fun player to watch as well. He reminds me alot of Chancy Bulliups in the NBA. Just a classy, cool player under pressure and can always hit the big play when called upon. But at the same time, he is not producing the numbers to make the pro-bowl like his NFC neighbors, Matt Ryan or Drew Brees.

10) Why does Matt Ryan get a notch below Josh Johnson? Simply put, Matt's numbers aren't winning games. Sure they can stuff the highlight reel, but are they putting up W's on the standings? They call him "Matty Ice" but Matt has been crushed while under pressure. He simply doesn't have the bronze to stay in the pocket in throw the ball like the top 9 can and that is what hurts Ryan the most.

I knew it said right now. But I still can't make a top 10 based on five games. Also right now could have all kinds of meanings.

Wait, how is Josh Johnson on someones list? Isn't he the backup in TB? How can a backup be a top ten QB when he isn't good enough to start for his team? Why am I the only one who doesn't have Vick in his top ten? He's just no a QB I want to build my team around. Get hurts frequently, takes too many hits. Forces the ball too much and he turns the ball over a lot. I just don't understand.

I'm sure the guy meant Freeman, not Johnson.

And Vick is a gamebreaker when he has decent protection around him. He's a dual threat guy and when he's on is at level of Brady/Brees/Manning.

1. Peyton Manning -- The Colts' season is indicative of just how good he really is. He can process information amazingly quickly and can make the throws that he needs to. The guy is an offensive coordinator on the field, and I appreciate what he's done for the quarterback position.

2. Tom Brady -- Really isn't a throw he can't make. He can get the ball out to a number of different targets. It's been Manning/Brady on top for a while now, but we're going to have to make room for...

3. Aaron Rodgers -- I have him over Brees because he can take off and run if he needs to. When he hits his prime, he will be the No. 1 quarterback in this league, hands down.

4. Drew Brees -- For someone his size, he can put the ball where it needs to go. Had a rough year last year, but he's making up for it this year.

5. Philip Rivers -- He's the best QB in his heralded draft class, even though he's the one with the fewest rings. Needs to become a better performer in January.

6. Ben Roethlisberger -- Still struggles with inconsistency/turnovers, holding the ball for too long, etc., but when the game's on the line, I wouldn't want anyone else under center. He makes the plays when he needs to.

7. Matthew Stafford -- Had a great season before getting hurt last year, and has picked up right where he left off in leading Detroit to a 5-0 start. He can put himself up in the higher tiers with a strong December.

8. Josh Freeman -- See Big Ben. He reminds me a lot of Roethlisberger in that the play is never over.

9. Ryan Fitzpatrick -- It's crazy to think he's up in the top 10, but he is outperforming a lot of guys right now. We'll have to see if he can hold up, or if he's just a two-month wonder.

10. Matt Schaub -- Another guy who needs to prove himself late in the season (notice a trend?). We'll see what he's able to do without Andre Johnson over the next couple weeks.

If you're taking the right now thing that literally then why do you have Rivers at 4? He hasn't been that great this year. It also makes zero sense to have Stafford behind guys like Rivers and Fitzpatrick because only Rodgers, Brees, and Brady have arguably been better then Stafford thus far.

I'm sure the guy meant Freeman, not Johnson.

And Vick is a gamebreaker when he has decent protection around him. He's a dual threat guy and when he's on is at level of Brady/Brees/Manning.

The protection shit is just an excuse. Roethlisberger plays with a shitty offensive line and he performs really well. He's still smart with the ball most of the times. Vick is just too dumb with the ball... I just want people to admit he's not that good. Last year he was lucky... He should've had many more turnovers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back