Todays WWE Releases

Lol, I find the support for McIntyre to be utterly baffling, even insane. The man was gifted the Intercontinental Championship, and positioned as Vince McMahon's "Chosen One", and still couldn't get over. His mic skills are horrific, and he is the definition of "charisma vacuum". I was routinely embarrassed by his overzealous work on screen, and considered him to be the glaring weak link of 3MB. I don't wish for anyone to be unemployed, but for the sake of wrestling, I'm glad this dud has been dropped from the roster. Dreadful, dreadful performer.

NO, THEY FINALLY GOT JTG.

McIntyre showed no promise in the past few years. Clear him out, make way for Sami Zayn!

To be honest the only person out of the releases so far i think WWE dropped the ball on was Brodus Clay.

Now i know i am gonna be in the minority here but i really felt he could and SHOULD of been the big heel in the WWE. The guy got screwed with the Brontosaurus gimmick. If he would of stayed with the "whoa my bad." gimmick he could of ran rough shed through the midcard all the way up to a possible title challenge.

now before any one has a go at me i remember a few people on here just before the brontosaurus gimmick saying he is going to be the next big heel.

The man isn't as bad as Creepy is making out... but he IS scottish and that is gonna be a handicap on the mic, just as being Welsh was for Mason Ryan and Adrian Neville is soon to find out being a Geordie.

Sheamus and Barrett work, their accents are understandable cos they're not dialect based or at least worked on. Drew CAN talk, but most Americans don't understand him and wonder why he sounds like "Fat Bastard".

They needed to put Piper with him years ago... 2 "Rowdy" Scots... but hey ho, he'll do well on the indies... not quite Styles money but NJPW will take him and Jarrett will probably put him in the final 2 or 4 of his title tourney if he can get him... in TNA, he beats Young for the title pretty soon.

But from his postion, he can't lose... he will be used and WWE got him his green card, so he has no worries there.

The person that I feel the worse for in all of this is Dixie Carter. Just like always she now has to sit through 3 months of "Dumb dixie would be stupid not to hire (Released guy that I like)

Then months of "how has TNA not picked up (released guy that I like)

Then as soon as the guy shows up in TNA it will be "OH GOD HERE GOES DUMB FUCK DIXIE BRINGING IN MORE WWE REJECTS!!!!!!!!!

I was just reading a Tweet posted on the main page by former WWE wrestler Trent Baretta simply wrote "Shoulda been Kofi." He followed later in the day with "Fired friends. If you love wrestling you're about to have the most fun ever." The main page mentions that there's probably no bad blood between him & Kofi and that the message meant that Kofi would be better used on the indy circuit.

The second one seems to indicate, at least in his opinion, that WWE released some prime talent, he's disappointed in that some of those released are friends of his or he's simply shooting off at the mouth; it's Twitter, so that would be par for the course. Personally, I don't see a lot of prime talent in those who were released. I believe there are a couple there that had promise but, again this is only my opinion, I see most of them as guys who've been dead weight on the roster for years. If it hasn't started already, some of those who've been released will take to Twitter before long or conduct a shoot interview in which they'll blast some of the guys backstage and/or WWE management, they'll say they weren't "used right" or that they were "held back" and all the various other stuff that's become the standard formula for resentful ex talent.

I believe there are a couple there that had promise but, again this is only my opinion, I see most of them as guys who've been dead weight on the roster for years. If it hasn't started already, some of those who've been released will take to Twitter before long or conduct a shoot interview in which they'll blast some of the guys backstage and/or WWE management, they'll say they weren't "used right" or that they were "held back" and all the various other stuff that's become the standard formula for resentful ex talent.

Exactly.

How many are going to take to Twitter to say "You know what...I had about 5 years in a high profile job that most guys never get a crack at, and I made really good money during that time"?

And JTG bites the dust.

But really...look at how long these guys have been in the promotion:

JTG - 8 years
Drew McIntyre - 7 years
Jinder Mahal - 3 years
Aksana - 5 years
Curt Hawkins - 8 years
Theodore Long - 16 years
Camacho - 3 years
Brodus Clay - 4 years
Evan Bourne - 6 years
Yoshi Tatsu - 5 years

Factoring out the outlier (Long), that's an average of 5 years per wrestler.

Compare that to the number of years guys like Ted DiBiase, Jake Roberts, Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat, and a slew of others actually had in the WWF/WWE (answer: approx. 5 to 6 years). I think you can make the argument that in the absence of creative doing anything to make them relevant, they also didn't do much to make themselves relevant despite a lengthy tour of duty.

Now that he's gone and there's no chance of them ever deciding to use him right, I'll voice my opinion.

Drew was one of my favs. Saw so much potential in the guy and still do. I think he gets way to crap for not being able to make the Chosen One gimmick work. Yes, not many get a push like that. Yes, it didn't work out. No, I don't think he's fully to blame here.

When Vince comes out and declares you to be the "Chosen One," people expect a lot. They're intrigued just by that endorsement. I know I was. I could see it too, the guy had a great look and pretty good presence. A big foreign pretty boy that'll kick your damn teeth in, the kinda guy you love to hate. Only problem? Why is the chosen one out there antagonizing R-Truth? Nobody cares about R-truth. Then Matt Hardy. Jeff's not so over brother. The second Hardy. Why should I care? JoMo? Drew's gimmick was one where he didn't have to say much, all he had to do was kick ass and prove why he's chosen. JoMo on the other hand, talked. JoMo should never talk.

You can't advertise a Chosen One, without booking meaningful feuds to show that he is chosen. Different feuds might have led to a different Drew than the one that got released today. Maybe if he dropped Jeff Hardy with a Future Shock, people would have took notice. Maybe if John Cena would've ate an IC title to the face, people would see him as a threat. Losing to Matt Hardy and JoMo tho? Pfft. Some Chosen One.

Kinda sad, this kind of thing is to be expected with the rise of all the great NXT talent though. There has been more then a few topics questioning why some guys were still with the company despite not doing anything, well looks like those guys finally bit the dust.

Some of the names do feel like a waste though.

Drew/Jinder probably did the best anyone could in their position and apparently release papers are their reward.

Hawkins/Camcho/Tatsu/JTG seems to have talent in the ring, but I guess they didn't have enough in the other departments. Given their very rare appearances on TV and even rarer wins it does seem hard to see how they could've had any chance of getting anywhere in the company other than cut.

Bourne is just a combination of really bad luck with injuries and some bad decisions with wellness. Sadly for him there are other guys on the roster/NXT with his talents but without the baggage.

Brodus was weird, he seemed popular enough with his dancing but then he turned heel and suck like a rock. Not really sure what they were really expecting out of him with his booking.

Aksana - Sad truth is you could replace her name with about 80%+ of the divas roster and it wouldn't make much a difference. Why was she specially cut, I have no idea. She seemed decent enough in the ring and as eye candy, which seems to be the only real requirements these days.

Long - I always wondered what he did anymore. He wasn't GM, or assistant GM, manager, ref, announcer, anything. Surprised they couldn't find anything for him, but I can't really say I'll miss him.

Some of those cuts were obvious, others it feels like the way they were booked they could only head in that direction. Makes me wonder if guys like Sandow, Kofi, Truth, Woods, Slater(wonder how did he survive?) etc etc are next?

Drew McIntyre - Surprised by this one, but not shocked. The days of Drew being The Chosen One and humiliating the GM as some big shot were long gone. And 3MB was the death of McIntyre's career in WWE. Kind of hard to take a guy seriously, when he's another random punching bag for Brock Lesnar and a small bull. 3MB was good for a few laughs early on, but they outlived their usefulness as a group.

Jinder Mahal - I never saw anything special in Mahal, at all. If I remember correctly, he debuted with one of the most cliched and generic characters in the history of pro wrestling: the snobbish and wealthy anti-American heel, who hates America and Americans. He couldn't cut a decent promo to save his life, and his career was doomed from the start.

Aksana - Divas with a pretty face, who can't wrestle are a dime a dozen. Aksana was terrible in the ring, she was dead weight, and I'm surprised her release took this long.

Curt Hawkins - I honestly don't care. The last time I vividly remember anything from Hawkins was during his days as one of Edge's clones, and that's it.

Evan Bourne - It's been said in this thread already, but I have a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy for Bourne. I'm not talking about the car accident. That's unfortunate, but the two failed drug tests? That reeks of carelessness and stupidity. We're not all perfect, I'm not perfect, and I don't the know the guy personally, but I get the feeling Bourne was trying to sabotage himself somehow. On top of that, fans moved on during his lengthy hiatus.

Camacho - Eh, I don't know what to say about him, because I barely noticed the guy most of the time.

Yoshi Tatsu - Similar feelings with Aksana, and I'm surprised it took this long. I can't remember one memorable moment or match from Tatsu. Tatsu was someone, who was there as a warm body every now and then, but he didn't have a significant impact in WWE.

Teddy Long- I never had any big problems with Teddy, but he outlived his usefulness in the GM role a loooooong time ago. On top of that, Triple H and Stephanie are the two most powerful authority figures in WWE (with Vince lurking in the shadows somewhere), so there's no real need for Teddy to fill a GM role anymore. That's why they fired Brad Maddox, and they're downplaying Vickie's role now.

Brodus Clay - This one caught me off guard, but you have to face facts: The Funkasaurus character had a short, short shelf life. Yeah, the debut was a nice shock and a change of pace from the generic monster heel, and I laughed my ass off on Raw the night it happened. But after three or four weeks, The Funkasaurus started to bore me, with Brodus dancing and squashing random people, while saying "Oops! My bad!" after every match.

Tons Of Funk was a big joke as a tag team, and Brodus was done for, when they turned him heel with the "main event playa" stuff. After the turn, Brodus was....well he was the generic monster heel, and we're supposed to marvel at him, because he moves fast for a big guy? That's not going to do anything for you in the long run.

Drew was on Vince's list for a future top guy and he had HHH's approval as well. Wondering whose cereal he peed in?

Of all the releases, I am most saddened by Drew McIntyre and Curt Hawkins leaving. Drew, because I felt he could do more and wanted to see him do so, and Hawkins, because as mentioned above, he had some untapped potential.

It would be interesting to see if anyone goes to Global Force.

Regardless of how stale he was, I never thought Teddy was going to leave.
There's always the memes to remember him by.

Sorry for those that lost their job in the biggest league, but I have to say, I won't really miss any of them.
Only exceptions would be the two members from 3MB, since they had an useful role of losing to people and making them look good. Wonder which tag team would get the jobber status now? Los Matadores probably.
Guys like Curt Hawkins, Camacho, Yoshi, JTG and Aksana were never gonna make it big; I don't remember the last time I watched Evan Bourne wrestle, and was wondering why he was still employed; Brodus Clay was just another heel and there was nothing else to do after the Funkasaurus thing lost its charm; Teddy Long I think chose to retire; and the last guy is a referee.
Not much loss from WWE's perspective. They can use the money on KENTA and Kevin Steen.

I was just reading a Tweet posted on the main page by former WWE wrestler Trent Baretta simply wrote "Shoulda been Kofi." He followed later in the day with "Fired friends. If you love wrestling you're about to have the most fun ever." The main page mentions that there's probably no bad blood between him & Kofi and that the message meant that Kofi would be better used on the indy circuit.

I just read somewhere on facebook that when Trent Baretta was released, he had tweeted something along the lines of "Now that I'm released, I can say that Kofi Kingston is an asshole", so maybe the report that there is no bad blood between them is incorrect.

The only one I am upset about is Mcintyre and Mahal, not that they were doing anything relevant, but I was digging them being on tv for the 3mb stuff, and when the split happens they both could've been viable stars, keep watching more releases coming...

Drew McIntyre - A little surprised because I thought maybe after 3MB was played out they'd re-package him but I think 3MB did too much damage. When you lose to basically the entire roster including a small person in a bull costume you know it will be a LONG, HARD road ahead to get any credibility back.

On a side note, they kept Heath Slater. And I get it. He's an great wrestler, especially in terms of selling and that's great for a jobber. However, I'm kinda bummed because I'd like to see him win a little. The only chance for him is he becomes like Santino who has very exaggerated, clearly comical mannerisms and a slew of squashed losses under his belt yet has still SOMEHOW in recent years won the Tag Team Title and US Title. Maybe possible for Slater.

Jinder Mahal - Same boat as Drew except way less potential form the start. Sorry to say but I was bored by his presence since day one. Only ever enjoyed him getting squashed by Great Khali (and that's saying something!). The 'evil East Indian' gimmick doesn't have much legs in WWE and for their fans.

Aksana - Surprised it took this long. She basically was just a valet for the first while, then with basically no push at all she started wrestling. Puzzling to say the least. My theory is she was kept around because she was happy to sleep around and kept the single guys happy on the road which was good for morale. Just my theory!

Curt Hawkins - I honestly don't care. The last time I vividly remember anything from Hawkins was during his days as one of Edge's clones, and that's it.

Evan Bourne - This one is a little disappointing but can't say it is surprising. Basically the writing was on the wall for this one once he was riding high (oops, pun!) with the Tag Team titles and go the wellness policy violation and got stripped of the titles at a house show, never a good sign. Then he hurt his foot badly and was out for a long time. I think he was only not released during that time because probably a contract clause where they can't be released while injured.

Anyway, while he WAS an active Superstar he was awesome. Great work with Kofi and Air Boom but it wasn't meant to be long term for him, obviously. And because he was gone so long it would be pretty hard for him to come back when there are plenty of other, younger, just-as-good-if-not-better Superstars like him to take that spot.

I think he'll do great on the indies though! I'd probably go to a show if he was there. You know you're gonna get to see a sweet shooting star press!

Camacho - He was kinda doomed to this fate once Hunico took over the role of Sin Cara. I liked Hunico and Camacho as a tag team and wished WWE would have done more with them. Camacho was good in NXT when he finally was able to show of some of his moves and ability. But, again, doomed with his gimmick and without Hunico.

Yoshi Tatsu - Saw this coming a mile away considering how off-TV he has been. I'm surprised they never gave Yoshi a half-decent push considering he is the only Japanese wrestler and he had a good look and move-set. He should have got at least a few US or IC title SHOTS (not saying he should have won).

He has some GREAT matches with Tyson Kidd a few years ago on NXT/Superstars sadly unnoticed by too many but I guess he just wasn't seen highly by WWE officials.

Anyway, hopefully KENTA coming in will be a good replacement. For his sake, hopefully he speaks English better or he'll really just be replacing Yoshi's spot on the card (I.E. no spot).

JTG - Haha. Wow, it finally happened. He was good as the go-to joke for a guy who was shockingly, absolutely shockingly still employed for years well past his usefulness.

I thought a lot about his position in life. For a good 2 or 3 years getting paid probably at least 80 thousand a year (could be way under-estimating this), a wage most of us would love to at least have, wrestling a match very, very rarely. I mean, this year, I'm sure he wasn't even touring/traveling, just sitting on his couch. What a weird place to be. Imagine your boss at a regular job says to you, "Hey, let me continue to pay you a good salary but I don't want to come in to work very often at all. Just come in here and there and eventually don't even come in at all. Just do whatever you want to do with your time as long as it isn't working a job like this anywhere else." And you would say, sounds pretty good! Yet, could be pretty boring and certainly not great in terms of exciting moments.

Anyway, so I can't blame HIM for sticking around as long as WWE was willing to pay him but I can't understand why WWE kept him around this long with basically no gimmick change since Day 1.

Brodus Clay - A little surprised about this one because I was thinking big guys like Big Show, Mark Henry and Kane (oh wow, just realized Great Khali is still employed!) will be retiring soon and usually WWE always likes to have at least one clearly big, tall 'monster' guy kicking around. I thought that would be Brodus.

I guess the whole Funkasaurus thing, while it worked as a face tag team for a while, made it too hard for him to turn full monster heel. I think Tensai should have become the Funkasaurus as a singles wrestler or maybe find a different partner. Brodus should have stayed with Alberto for longer as his bodyguard and then got heat with Alberto (although not much), then turn on Alberto for a decent pop, probably, go into a 2 or 3 month feud with Alberto, win that feud, then win a bunch of matches to make it to a IC or World Title (when the World Heavyweight Title was around) match against a ruthless, cheating heel and LOSE and then get bitter and do the whole "I cared about the fans and did this all for the fans but it never got me anywhere, I'm going to do things for me, my way" speech to turn back heel. Sure, it's been done before but it does usually work. Then when he turned back heel he would have had some credibility behind him and, if pushed right, would get a monster heel push.

HOWEVER, that said, I don't know that Brodus was good enough really to be a "Main Event Playa". I don't think he is as good as a young Big Show or Mark Henry.

I think WWE does need to find a new big, big guy that can be a monster heel (then eventually face, and flip flop, like Big Show and Henry) but they have about 2 or 3 years to find one since I think both Show and Henry have 2 or 3 years left on their contracts.

I am just going to say 2 things about this. First, there isn't one wrestler released that they used decently. Come on, we all said when Clay came our dancing that it was the end for him and it was. Wwe sticks them with stupid gimmicks and then wonders why they don't do well. It is wwe's fault, not the wrestlers.

Second, anyone who thinks this is good for the roster and opens up spots is mistaken as none of the guys released were used right so what spot does it open? Who wants to be in Hawkins place? If they got rid of a Christian or Mark Henry then maybe but all these cuts did was open up spots for guys like Adam Rose who will be on this list in the next year or so. Good thing they keep bringing in all this talent.

The only one I really have an opinion is McIntyre.

I'm Scottish, and I really wanted Drew to live up to the potential he has as the "Chosen One". I mean, we have never had a Scottish WWE Champion, it would have been huge over here.

And as time went on, that optimism changed to just blind hope as he fell further down the card, until he got put in 3MB.

Now as I look back on his time in WWE, for me he just didn't do anything to make himself stand out. His ring work was good but that aside, he was very bland on the mic. I think when a Scottish person is forced to tone down their accent (if they spoke in their normal way they may be able to convey more emotion, but very often the Scottish accent, especially West of Scotland, is hard to understand) then they just become very monotonous.

Hopefully he can do well elsewhere, and maybe make a return down the line.

I was quite surprised to see 2 of the 3 members of 3MB on the release list. Although jobbers, the team got alot of TV time and were over with the audience. They had an important role of making their opponents look strong, and were good at it. I wonder where Heath Slater will go now...

Drew McIntyre is a big waste of potential .The guy has the tools to make it as a big star, and has been given several opportunities but it just hasn't worked with him. I expect him to appear in TNA pretty soon, and continue his solo career. It's a shame it never worked out for him really in WWE, he should have accomplished more than he did.

JTG still being employed until yesterday was hilarious. When was the last time anyone saw him do ANYTHING? Yoshi Tatsu, Brodus Clay and Curt Hawkins offered nothing and just took up a paycheque, they won't be missed.

As for Teddy Long, I expect he wil end up in the HOF at some point. He's been a manager, referee, and GM for many years but probably reached the end of his time in WWE. There wasn't anything else he could do really so I'm not surprised to see him released.

I'm not saying this was overdue - it's sad, that so many people lost their jobs - but it's been a very long time since the WWE last cleaned out their roster like that and if they won't do it now when business is in the toilet and all the network expectations went poof, then when? But let's take a look at the list...

JTG
So he really was still around, huh? I would imagine the only times you got to see him was at house shows in remote areas. Many people in attendance would have no idea who he was and those who did would marvel, like I just did, that he was still around at all.

Drew McIntyre
Of everyone on the list that one is the biggest shame. So much potential. And such a great guy - if you've ever heard a real life interview with him you know what I'm talking about. I always hoped that after that 3MB crap they would give him another chance to shine. Nope. Hopefully he will be back some day.

Jinder Mahal
I'm totally fine with that. There was never much there on any level- mediocre ring work at best, no charisma. Bye.

Aksana
No loss there, either. Just take a look at her last appearance on RAW, June 9th, how pathetically she sold being abused by Alicia. I rarely ever take any notice of all things diva, but Aksana's lack of selling skills on Monday truly stood out like a sore thumb.

Curt Hawkins
Really, he was still there? Might as well copy/paste here what I wrote about JTG...

Theodore Long
So long, Teddy. Man, how long was the playa there? He had a great, long run and I'm sure he made a lot of money. But after such a long run it was time to move on. I'm sure he'll have guest appearances here and there. That's cool.

Camacho
Who was he again? (*Googles "camacho", only finds some boxer, tries "camacho wwe" instead*) Oh. Him. The guy with the stupid tiny bycicle thingamajingy. I would say "good riddance" but to be fair, I never saw enough of him to really have an opinion. He was barely ever on my radar in the first place.

Brodus Clay
SURPRISE: The Funkasaurus-gimmick had a limited shelf-life. What a shocker. But wait, then he turned heel. What happened then? He went: "HAA! I'm a bad guy now! Now you'll see what I'm REALLY capable of!!" and then he proceeded to quietly fade away. Not sure what happened there. He claims he was being held back. Maybe he was.

Evan Bourne
He never really recovered from screwing up big time with the drugs and stuff. Then there were reports of injuries. Bad luck. As far as I know he never got back on TV. If he did I missed it. He was reasonably talented in the ring, but I doubt he could ever have been a drawing card for the WWE.

Yoshi Tatsu
A lower-carder for life who never got any chance worth mentioning. What can be said there? Not much.

Marc Harris (referee)
Well, he was a ref. Whatever. Sorry.

JTG - No surprise. Kinda got the feeling that he was happy to be in the background just collecting a paycheck

Drew McIntyre - Surprising in the fact that he's been a regular on TV lately, but this is a mercy firing for McIntyre and probably the best thing that's happened in his career. He was never going to be able to get the 3MB jobber stink off of himself if he stayed. Now he has the chance to reinvent himself somewhat in either TNA, GFW, or (and this is where I'd go if I was him), Japan. If his dream is to main event in the WWE, now he's got the chance to get back to a place where he can possibly do that. If that's not his dream (and hopefully main eventing WWE isn't, because that'll likely never happen even if he does come back later), then he can at least be someone credible on someone elses show.

Jinder Mahal - Doesn't bother me as I was never a fan. Repackage himself a bit, lose the Tiger Ali Singh gimmick, and go to GFW. He'll do better there.

Aksana - I guess now it makes sense why she was out with Alicia Fox on Monday. Someone was giving her a going away present. Probably the last we'll see of her in wrestling.

Curt Hawkins - People say they see something in this guy, but I don't know. To me, he comes across as another JTG... a guy that was happy to sit in the background and collect a paycheck. Hope he was saving that money, because he won't get near what he was making when he gets to TNA.

Theodore Long - Surprising at the actual release, until you consider that he's 66 years old. Likely that this is more of a retirement for Teddy than anything. He's been with the WWE for 16 years. He was in WCW for a decade before that. The man has been in the business a long time and deserves the break. Likely, he was offered a spot off camera and declined it. Expect to see him signed to a Legends deal sometime in the future.

Camacho - Once the whole Sin Cara thing happened, he was simply a man without a role. He'll go back to Mexico and probably have a higher spot on the card as an ex-WWE guy now.

Brodus Clay - The Funkasaurus gimmick was always going to be a make or break one for Brodus. It could have been one that he'd be making money off of for the rest of his life (Honky Tonk Man anyone?), or it could have been one that crashed, burned, got him released, and will live on in WrestleCrap for eternity.

Evan Bourne - Dumbass. Surprised it took this long. Who fails two drug tests back to back and gets to keep their job?

Yoshi Tatsu - The WWE rarely ever uses Japanese wrestlers properly, so he should just be happy that he got paid as long as he did... which I'm sure was really just his goal in the WWE. With their track record, I doubt he ever expected that he'd be able to make something of himself working there.

Marc Harris (referee) - No idea who he is... but just looked at his twitter account and wow. Just a little obsessed with Pisces. I'm guessing the guy just weirded out too many guys backstage.

Hopefully he can do well elsewhere, and maybe make a return down the line.

I'm trying to look at this optimistically. Maybe Drew will be back someday with a clean slate and new program.

As others have pointed out, the company essentially ruined any chance Drew had to get a push by saddling him with this 3MB stuff. Yes, it was a visible position that got him plenty of TV time and enabled him to show something other than rage in his ring persona, which was all he was permitted to show with the "Chosen One" gimmick. At the same time, people on this forum asked how WWE could ever give Drew a push after his association with 3MB, trying to suddenly convince everyone he has star potential after making him a comedic loser the past two years..... and they have a point.

Sometimes, it can be done. Guys like Husky Harris and Curtis Axel were able to come back with successful gimmicks, but were buried for a long, long time even though they remained on the roster.

In Drew's case, make no mistake about it, he's been released and can go to work anywhere he wants. Still, I'd like to think (perhaps foolishly) that senior management has left the door open for a return some day. Time will lift the "loser" label from him and he can start fresh with WWE, receiving a push worthy of someone with his assets and abilities.

I can dream, can't I? :rolleyes:

drew4.jpg

I think Drew was overrated but I never thought he was a bad talent or anything. WWE did drop the ball with him. His "chosen one" gimmick alone should have guaranteed him at least mid-card status.

Overtime I came to think his burial due to his ex-wife was unfair. At the time I thought it was hilarious that a wrestler got beat up by his wife of all people and that that probably deserved a demotion to jobber status for awhile. But now that I'm a bit older I gotta give the guy credit. He clearly could have hurt her if he wanted to but he showed great restraint in not striking her back and just letting the cops deal with it which is IMO how a true man handles a situation like that.

Personally I was a huge fan of Drew, but as 2010 started you could see how things were going to end up? He started losing allot more often and not anyone you can gain from in a loss. Despite winning a tag title he never really got back to the promise we were told he had.

I think if they repackaged him he could do well, but as of now that will just be a what if. Maybe he will headline in TNA or ROH? I would not mind that at all, he could use that to showcase what he really can do?

I was starting to really like 3MB. They were getting a lot of time on TV and the stuff with Los Matedores was pretty entertaining. They need comedy to help the balance of the shoe. Mahal was probably expendable but McIntyre had potential. He had a great push at the start and he was good heel. It's a shame it didn't work out and I reckon they could have given him something to work.

Evan Bourne was another shock. He had a lot of ability in the ring and the coolest finisher in the company. He could easily have been in a tag-team but his injuries and problems with drugs held him back.

I thought Brodus was average. His dancing gimmick was fun but it didn't have any longevity. Aksana was just another diva but since they are pissing about with Total Divas it is a bit odd the release one of the regulars. Camacho/Curt Hawkins/Yoshi were nothing special. They should never have split up Cryme Time and JTG should have been gone a while ago.

Teddy Long served a purpose when there were two brands but even he became tedious. I do like, however, having a face GM as it gives them greater scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back