WWE Releases Serena...

This blows !!! So what if she didn't stay in charectar 24/7 vince and the wwe need to come off high horse and realize that they don't own people, they have employees not slaves

Maybe tiffany should shave her head and join the SES

I think it's safe to say that it's no longer a rumor and that she is gone from WWE. However, why she got fired is still murky.

I like Serena as much as the next guy, but until I get a reliable source clearly telling me how this all went down, I'll reserve my judgement as to whether this was unfair or not.

It's sad though. The woman put so much effort into the WWE and it showed. She shaved her head! Most girls wouldn't even dare do that for their career. She sacrificed years of her life for this role, and right when she gets a push -- Bam. Fired. Totally sucks. She was goo din the ring, decent on the mic and she was HOT (while bald! Thats impressive)

Good luck, Serena. Also, marry me please.

Damn, its a pity that Serena got sacked, she was just staring her on-screen wrestling debut on Smackdown and now she's gone. She was a great wrestler in terms of Diva's standard, top 3 for sure. She instantly was one of my favorites because her lack of the "banshee screams". I was hoping she would have started wrestler as a single's competitor soon, to plump of Smackdowns Diva's division, which is dangling on a thread due to Beth Phoneix's injjury. Hopefully Serena will be back in 90 days and she'll be allowed flourish to her full potential.

Can someone please tell me why the Diva's division is so crapy aka bathroom break, then wwe goes and fires good talent ?

I just google serena becaue i just don't know enough about her. She seemed really good in her first match then "You're Fired"

for the first time ever i planed on watching her match just too see her skills, Now what ?

Two of the top Diva's fired in under what 6 months (?) for drinking excessively... tbf to Serena yeah it was part of the angle but after having to shave her head bald and still looking somewhat hot, she should be allowed to have a few brewskis.

Such a shame, she was a beautiful woman and she had good in ring skills as well.
Her apart of the straight edge society actually cemented that this was an amazing concept for a faction. Hate to see her go, hopefully this is just a lie. She would have done wonders for the WWE Womens division if she was able to compete in it more.

I was at the WWE house show in NH last night and can confirm that she wasn't there with Luke Gallows (who lost in a match to Goldust), which she usually is. While it's hardly any sort of confirmation, it's probably worth mentioning. Now that Smackdown has aired and she's made what is probably her last televised appearance, we will probably hear some sort of news about it. In the meantime, wait and see.

firing her proves, wwe doesnt care about divas who can wrestle, just look good. I don't understand why she was fired right away,. If Serena violated something, she hasn't been suspended before, so shouldn't she have gotten a 30 day suspension first, then 90 and then fired?? She was fired cause she prob doesn't have pull in the back, if she did, she would have just been suspended. this is not fair at all, no matter what she did. she should have been suspended first, like Tiffany was. Tiffany cant wrestle, but shes there cause shes married to a guy who's friends with HHH. I bet if Serena were friends with HHH or someone else big, she would still be there.

I don't understand why she was fired right away,. If Serena violated something, she hasn't been suspended before, so shouldn't she have gotten a 30 day suspension first, then 90 and then fired??

Since most of us work for someone else, we're usually on the side of the person who is the employee. I'm really disappointed Serena's gone because I enjoyed what she did, but why do we presume the employer must be at fault? I doubt WWE wanted to get rid of someone whom they invested so much time in developing. Obviously, the company had plans for her character and firing her sets them back in those plans.

We talk about "giving her a chance," but how do we know they didn't? Some of the Internet rumors suggest she's been warned before about whatever she was doing that they didn't like. Perhaps she ran out of "second chances" and WWE felt if they didn't follow through on punishment, the rest of the roster would see it and start to think they can get away with violations, too.

If Serena was fired because of her own behavior after ignoring repeated warnings, she deserves to go. If that's the case, I hope she realizes what she left behind. She's one of the only divas with a defined, recurring role and I'll bet the other girls envied what she had. She was just starting to wrestle other women, in addition to her SES role. It was all in front of her for the taking.

I love Li'l Fuzzhead......but don't assume the company is at fault in this instance.

I haven't been a huge fan of Serena as she hasn't really done much except follow CM Punk around and occasionally she actually says a word. Her in-ring debut was impressive (for a Diva) and I'm assuming that has nothing to do with her release. If it did then it wouldn't make any sense but I am interested to see the actual reasoning behind her release.

AFTER WATCHING SMACKDOWN LAST NIGHT (PARTICULARY THE SES MATCHES) I NOTICED 2 SMALL DETAILS WHICH LED ME TO BELIEVE THAT SOMETHING HAPPENED DURING THAT PARTICULAR BROADCAST OR ABOUT TO HAPPEN AFTER IT.

(#1) IF YOU NOTICED, SERENA WAS FAR BEHIND CM PUNK AND THE OTHER MEMBERS OF SES AS THEY APPROACHED RINGSIDE FOR BOTH MATCHES.

(#2) WHEN CM PUNK ORDERED THEM TO GET DOWN ON THEIR KNEES, SERENA (WHEN SHE DID) SAID AND DID NOTHING BUT STARE.

MY FIRST TRAIN OF THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THIS (ALONG WITH HER DEBUT AGAINST KELLY KELLY LAST WEEK), HAD ME THINKING THAT MAYBE AT SOME POINT THEY [WWE] ARE PREPARING SERENA FOR A RUN AT LAY-COOL BY SOMEHOW KICKING HER OUT OF SES FIRST. IF THATS THE ANGLE, IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE BECAUSE OTHER THAN LAY-COOL, SERENA IS THE ONLY OTHER FEMALE ON SMACKDOWN WHO BRINGS HEAT.

MY SECOND TRAIN OF THOUGHT STILL DOES NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THAT SERENA WAS FIRED BUT YOU COULD NOT HELP BUT NOTICE HER BODY LANGUAGE AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS LAST NIGHT ON SMACKDOWN.

SO I CONCLUDE WITH THIS: UNTIL THE WWE CONFIRMS ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT THE WWE AND SERENA HAVE PARTED WAYS, I WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH SMACKDOWN FOR SERENA'S SEXY ASS TO EITHER
a) STAY WITH THE SES OR b) EVENTUALLY WIN THE WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP FROM LAY-COOL.

PEACE.

Wow, so WWE confirmed it...

Well, it's a shame that they wasted such good talent, but hopefully she will return.

At least SES has a story for her, I guess.

I'm sad, because it's not like wrestling is going to die without her, but still, it's a shame they let her go.

I don't like this one bit i mean WWE just fired the one lady who could have brought womens wrestling back to it's glory days she was tremendous in the ring it is a true shame that this happened but hopefully she can go back to FCW and try again

What the fuck? They fired her because she has a personal life that doesn't match her gimmick? Steve Austin has gone on record as saying that he's nothing like the "Stone Cold" character he played in his personal life. If this is true then it's very hypocritical seeing as the WWE is the very organization that burned kayfabe to the ground. Oh, well, if her sexy ass needs a place to stay, she's always welcome in my place. Maybe she can "wrestle" me for the title.

Okay, so who said she got fired because of her personal life? WWE.com did not confirm that, or even say that, so I'm not believing it.

It doesn't take much to get you fired from the WWE if you aren't a main-eventer, and wrestling skills really aren't that important anymore. (Sucks, but it's true. You don't need to know a wristlock from a wristwatch anymore.) Lance Cade got fired for his seizure on an airplane. Drug related? We'll never know for sure.

There doesn't have to be a huge Incident to get you fired from the WWE. All it takes is showing up late to the building a few times (and that doesn't mean missing your cue, folks- most talent is expected to be in the building and ready to go at a moment's notice, well before the show.) If you aren't a huge draw, you are always on the cusp of losing your job. Look at how quick they dropped Mr. Kennedy- and he's one of the best heat magnets in the business. (His face run is just not working for me. Ugh.)

We'll probably never know why the decision was made to release Serena Deeb. But whether or not she was good in the ring has nothing to do with the decision.

What the fuck? They fired her because she has a personal life that doesn't match her gimmick? Steve Austin has gone on record as saying that he's nothing like the "Stone Cold" character he played in his personal life. If this is true then it's very hypocritical seeing as the WWE is the very organization that burned kayfabe to the ground. Oh, well, if her sexy ass needs a place to stay, she's always welcome in my place. Maybe she can "wrestle" me for the title.

The Stone Cold character and the straight-edge lifestyle are two different things. We all knew that Steve Austin was just playing a character and wasn't really like that, however the SxE is something that is very active in CM Punk's life. It's a lifestyle that is quite big in today's society and is something very legitimate, so those that are picked to join the SES should be able to live under those circumstances. Serena decided that she would debut with the SES and shave her head (a big commitment) to get onto the main roster. If she can't follow some simple rules regarding her personal life that she agreed upon, WWE releasing her was her own fault.

To Isha, just because the WWE doesn't release her with the message of "she wasn't acting in character in her personal life" (something which the E would never do), doesn't make it not true. They don't have to tell us, but from what we know it was due to her behaviours or possibly her wrestling skills she showed against Kelly Kelly (which weren't up to her own standards).

The Stone Cold character and the straight-edge lifestyle are two different things. We all knew that Steve Austin was just playing a character and wasn't really like that, however the SxE is something that is very active in CM Punk's life. It's a lifestyle that is quite big in today's society and is something very legitimate, so those that are picked to join the SES should be able to live under those circumstances. Serena decided that she would debut with the SES and shave her head (a big commitment) to get onto the main roster. If she can't follow some simple rules regarding her personal life that she agreed upon, WWE releasing her was her own fault.

Actually, I don't see the disconnect. Stone Cold is a gimmick for Steve Austin much like Straight Edge is a gimmick for Sareena. The only person that uses Straight Edge as an actual lifestyle choice is CM Punk. By your very logic, Orton should be kicking people in the head in reality as well as the Nexus attacking people randomly. Now, if it was in her contract that she has to maintain kayfabe, something that the WWE obliterated in the industry, outside of the arena then her firing is indeed warranted and I will support it.

yes they are hypocritical. some divas/wrestlers are treated better than others. its a sad fact. If I ran a promotion I would be proud to have someone like Serena, hot and a good worker. yeah maybe she drank and was out of character but so what. thats her own time, her personal time. its not like she showed up for smackdown tapings drunk

Um, nope. Not really. You're just a bit off. It's not that her personal life doesn't mirror her on screen character or gimmick. Serena's release is (supposedly) due to the fact that her personal life and behaviors/decisions have gotten in the way of her professional life. That incompatibility is what's at the heart of this matter.

If Steve Austin, Sandman, or Scott Hall started coming in unable to perform to the high standards WWE requires of it's talent due to their personal behavior(s) outside of the ring then they too would be told to "clean up". There's no hypocrisy here.

What compounds the problem—and subsequently seems to have let to the termination—even more was the fact that after repeatedly being told to get her act together and be a responsible professional Serena was either unable or unwilling to comply. It's for those (supposed) reasons that she was released and not becuase she broke kayfabe.

Actually, I don't see the disconnect. Stone Cold is a gimmick for Steve Austin much like Straight Edge is a gimmick for Sareena. The only person that uses Straight Edge as an actual lifestyle choice is CM Punk. By your very logic, Orton should be kicking people in the head in reality as well as the Nexus attacking people randomly. Now, if it was in her contract that she has to maintain kayfabe, something that the WWE obliterated in the industry, outside of the arena then her firing is indeed warranted and I will support it.

Haven't you been reading the WrestleZone reports? Orton does go around kicking people in the head. Also cussing out kids and spitting at them I believe. And Nexus was told to wear their N armbands in public and randomly attack anyone who asked them for autographs. You got to pay more attention to the homepage son.

But Serena's release is indeed quite a sad day in the Straightedge era. WWE seems to have some weird desire to maintain kayfabe in a world where there isn't even debate on the reality of professional wrestling. Serena knew this when she joined the Society and only has herself to blame for not abiding by the rules.

Now don't get me wrong, the rules are quite ridiculous. In fact they're so ridiculous that they're a little diculous. However, rules are rules and if you work for a company yet refuse to follow their guidelines, you can't expect to keep that job for long.

I am not the savviest poster and all, but hasn't the WWF/E tried to kayefabe their wrestlers or tell them how to act off camera? Kevin Nash mentioned in an interview that when he was Diesel, the heels and faces didn't even share the same buses in Europe. Heck, wasn't there a rumor last year that CM Punk got in trouble for not wearing a suit? Every company has policies on employees and contractors, no matter how stupid you might think it is.

If the fact she got released is because she's a booze hound, I don't see how you can blame anyone else. She hasn't done anything but shave her head and put on one mediocre (even for divas) match. All the sudden, she could have been the saving grace? Huh? And I really don't see why bringing up other Divas who 'should have' been fired instead adds to her defense. That's just scrambling for logic that ain't there. lol

Um, nope. Not really. You're just a bit off. It's not that her personal life doesn't mirror her on screen character or gimmick. Serena's release is (supposedly) due to the fact that her personal life and behaviors/decisions have gotten in the way of her professional life. That incompatibility is what's at the heart of this matter.

If Steve Austin, Sandman, or Scott Hall started coming in unable to perform to the high standards WWE requires of it's talent due to their personal behavior(s) outside of the ring then they too would be told to "clean up". There's no hypocrisy here.

What compounds the problem—and subsequently seems to have let to the termination—even more was the fact that after repeatedly being told to get her act together and be a responsible professional Serena was either unable or unwilling to comply. It's for those (supposed) reasons that she was released and not becuase she broke kayfabe.

If it is indeed true that her personal problems were affecting her professional perfomance then yeah, they had every right to release her(I said this in my second post) but there's also the fact that I don't remember having any previous disciplinary actions levied against her as someone else said in this thread like the way Carlito had and he had a mediocre career in the WWE at best. I think what may also have something to do with this is CM Punk himself, I remember that he's not in the highest standing backstage after backtalking The Undertaker. That may or may not have something to do with it, just throwing it out there.

I am not the savviest poster and all, but hasn't the WWF/E tried to kayefabe their wrestlers or tell them how to act off camera? Kevin Nash mentioned in an interview that when he was Diesel, the heels and faces didn't even share the same buses in Europe. Heck, wasn't there a rumor last year that CM Punk got in trouble for not wearing a suit? Every company has policies on employees and contractors, no matter how stupid you might think it is.

If the fact she got released is because she's a booze hound, I don't see how you can blame anyone else. She hasn't done anything but shave her head and put on one mediocre (even for divas) match. All the sudden, she could have been the saving grace? Huh? And I really don't see why bringing up other Divas who 'should have' been fired instead adds to her defense. That's just scrambling for logic that ain't there. lol

That's just it, they don't have kayfabe like they used to anymore. Back in the '80s to early '90s, you had reason to believe that Flair and Dusty Rhodes didn't like each other because you never saw them together but now, you see heels at charity events with faces which you'd have never seen back then because you wanted to paint the heels as raging dicks. Now, despite the things that RKO has done to Cena on camera, you know they're friends in real life. This is all due to the WWE.

If it is indeed true that her personal problems were affecting her professional perfomance then yeah, they had every right to release her(I said this in my second post)…
Really? I couldn't find that post. The post I found was:
…Now, if it was in her contract that she has to maintain kayfabe, something that the WWE obliterated in the industry, outside of the arena then her firing is indeed warranted and I will support it.
Getting fired due to a contractual obligation to live a gimmick ≠ getting shit-canned for showing up unable to do your job due to personal problems.

But I get what you mean.

According to the Kevin Kelly article the main rumor is she was partying too much and they wanted her to stick with the gimmick outside of the ring, which she wasn't doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back