• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA World Heavyweight Champion: AJ Styles

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
1377226_472222776223937_1983224194_n.jpg

A lot of questionable things happened at Bound For Glory. One thing cannot be questioned though. The Phenomenal One is back on top. And boy was he put over huge. Chairs, the hammer, missing a 450 and hitting the announce table, backdropped on the hardwood and the stage ramp, attacks from Aces & 8's and even Dixie Carter! AJ did not just beat Bully Ray Sunday night. And as a result he came off as a major face. The kind of performance that has made guys like John Cena, Shawn Michaels and others the top faces they were during their time and place.

As AJ looks to hopefully have a reign even more successful than his last one, one thing is for certain, he came over huge.

I didn't care for the match but I'm glad AJ won, now hopefully he'll get a long run as opposed to the title being hotshot onto Magnus.

I think there are plenty of potential feuds for him once he's done with Bully. Roode is nicely positioned as a challenger after beating Angle and Aries is a no brainer, I think a series between him and AJ could be a classic judging from the two matches they had in the BFG series. Then there's Magnus, I fully expect a heel turn within the next few Impacts and their BFG series final match showed potential for a feud between them.

Mr The Eighties, I think the match was really good between the two competitors (one of only 2 good matches at the event). I think having AJ win the title is what was
best for businessin TNA and yes, I'm hoping for an even longer reign than the last one. The potential feuds are indeed lined up. After Bully Ray, a feud between Magnus or Aries would be great. Bobby Roode I think they should wait on that feud as AJ nears Roode's title reign record. Have Roode state that he's not going to allow AJ to break his record as champion. Beyond those feuds I'm not sure whats next, they could have Samoa Joe turn heel, and as great as their matches were, we've seen AJ vs Samoa Joe so many times already. Maybe a new character like Ethan Carter the turd...I mean third, could try for the title since AJ is feuding with Dixie and EC3 could try to win it for the family.

AJ as champion isn't anything new, but it's a better choice than Bully Ray as champion. At the end of the day, Bully Ray isn't going to draw in anyone new as the top guy. Most people are still going to see him as Bubba Ray Dudley and think of the villain in a movie set in 7th grade when hearing his name. AJ isn't the best choice for the guy on top but he's a better option.

The problem though is who does he face now? The only option that makes sense, other than a rematch with Ray, is Magnus, who came off looking like a star by making Sting tap. it also fits the idea that Dixie wants by having a polished Brit as her hand picked corporate image guy. The match on Sunday was WAY overbooked but at least it got the job done.

AJ as champion isn't anything new, but it's a better choice than Bully Ray as champion. At the end of the day, Bully Ray isn't going to draw in anyone new as the top guy. Most people are still going to see him as Bubba Ray Dudley and think of the villain in a movie set in 7th grade when hearing his name. AJ isn't the best choice for the guy on top but he's a better option.

The problem though is who does he face now? The only option that makes sense, other than a rematch with Ray, is Magnus, who came off looking like a star by making Sting tap. it also fits the idea that Dixie wants by having a polished Brit as her hand picked corporate image guy. The match on Sunday was WAY overbooked but at least it got the job done.

Actually, AJ as champion is something new. He hasn't been TNA World Heavyweight champion since late 2009. The same era that a lot of fans (especially ones on this forum) feel was TNA's absolute brightest moment (essentially all the months leading to the Hogan debut). The fact he's holding it again at the moment is a throwback to that, and something of a tribute to a lot of fans who've been upset with it taking this long for him to get it back in the first place. I'd argue he's exactly who you want to be the guy on top.

Where he goes from here is a solid question, because if Anderson returns to screw Bully Ray out of the rematch he's getting this Thursday, it's likely that sets up an intense mid-card feud where both Ray and Anderson can aid in dissolving the Aces & Eights entirely, away from the title, which leaves AJ without a dancing partner for the time being, but seeing as this is wrestling, it's quite easy to find one when you're the top dog with the big strap. You'll absolutely hate me for saying so, KB, but Daniels is a guy I'd go to here, right along side Bobby Roode and the rest of EGO. I was hoping for a longer term Roode/Angle feud, but the real money may be in lending credence to another "originals" match-up and getting Bobby Roode back into the picture (or Daniels) while playing off the long, tumultous history between the EGO members and Styles himself.

The only way you get Magnus into that position is to turn him heel, which is pointless at the moment based on the gift he was just given in getting put over big by Sting at BFG in the first place. Let that flesh out over time. Go with the tried and true. EGO (I don't care who) v. Styles.

It looks like they might've teased a heel turn with Magnus after his match with Sting. Even so, he might not be the best option for AJ once he's done with Bully Ray. AJ is the best option to be champ now. The fans are totally behind him, and he can put on a match with just about anyone.

I'm happy aj is champ again like him or not tna was pulling in its biggest ratings when he was on top. I'm glad the title is off bully ray, while he is a great heel it's to hard to take him serious as a top guy. Anyways hopefully they make Magnus team Dixie and make him like the spear head like the rock was with the corporation, and have him chase for the title. Plus it makes since as well, most Americans bash Dixie and overseas they the give her somewhat respect so instead of pleasing the ones that hate her have the Britt spear head the company to piss the Americans off even more.

Jeez. The IWC has been bitching to get AJ Styles on top since 2009 and as soon as he gets the belt people are already predicting who should beat him for it?

I like AJ as champ, I didn't quite enjoy the match though. I mean, it started off well but too much started going on later. And the finish was kind of uneventful. I don't know, maybe I'm preconditioned to expect an epic match to have a different feel. I expected just a gritty battle between the two, near falls and maybe a cool sequence where someone drops their finisher out of nowhere and wins.

Either way, AJ as Champ should be fun as long as he's in interesting storylines.

Well ... fuck.

I'm expecting to see Anderson return at whatever point Bully Ray and AJ styles have their rematch. I'm expecting Anderson to turn on Bully ray and cost him the match. Setting up a few between Anderson and bully.

What I would like to see, is for James storm to come out during AJ's celebration. Have him celebrate with AJ styles, grab the mic and talk about being one of the originals, and how proud he is of AJ. At that point, I would then like to Seastorm get a last call super kick and set up a heel James storm versus the face AJ.

We have not seen James storm as a singles heel since the breakup of beer money. Personally, I think storm could do a great job in this capacity. I also think storm versus AJ would be a great feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back