• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bound For Glory: Bully Ray [C] vs AJ Styles TNA World Heavyweight Championship

roipdh123

Getting Noticed By Management
1.jpg

So now the No Surrender PPV has been ended.AJ Styles won the Bound For Glory series after defeating Magnus in the finals and Bully retain the title against Mr Anderson in a Last man Standing match.Making the main event for the world title at BFG Ray vs Styles.

So my question is:
1}Who do you think will win the match?
2}Should the Aces and Eights be disbanded after Bound For Glory's match?
3}Should Hulk Hogan involve in the match?
4}How do you book this rivarly?

Styles.

Yes.

No.

I wouldn't.

Sorry but Styles return has been a flop and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the world title for a while. Last year it was built up that he'd be in this spot and that's fine. However he's spent so long acting like a stroppy teenager that he has zero credibility.

Who would I have in the spot instead? I don't know. Who cares! Don't quiz me.

This could be pretty good in all honesty, but it's too obvious at this point.
AJ will win, we'll start to see the A&8's fall apart, don't be surprised if Anderson does something in it. Having hogan involved will just kill it & honestly, I don't know how to book this rivalry, but the end result has the potential to be interesting.

Styles.

I'm kind of thinking they may disband before BFG. They acted a little reluctant to help Bully Ray last night and Wes was sort of giving Bully a dirty look after he gave Anderson a piledriver on the stage. What they could do is have Aces and Eights come down to the ring to help Bully Ray. A returning Mr. Anderson (Knock on wood that wasn't his swan song last night.) comes out of nowhere and holds them off. He convinces them to return to their hideout/clubhouse and let Bully do this on his own. This distracts Bully and allows AJ to hit the Pele Kick. He follows it up by making Calfzilla tap out to the Calf Killer.

No.

Going into BFG, I don't know. I guess you could have AJ go through the remaining members of Aces and Eights. Bully Ray doesn't come down to help any of them and reads them the riot act for not getting the job done. This leads to more tension between them and Bully Ray.

Side note: I'm disappointed that AJ has dropped this dark and mysterious persona. It would be more interesting if he was still acting like sort of a silent killer.

I think determining the winner of this match should be very simple: TNA has....a month until Bound For Glory? If they can figure out something contract-wise with him, then he should win the title. If they can't? Well, he should still win the title and then drop it elsewhere before he leaves, because there's nothing left to do with Aces and Eights. Keeping the title on Ray simply keeps the group afloat longer, and they've long since run their course.

They're beginning to show signs of disbanding already, as last night, Bully Ray defeated Mr. Anderson in a brutal(and very good) Last Man Standing match. Afterwards, Ray piledrove Anderson onto the stage, presumably writing him off television now that his contract is up or close to it. But with Devon gone and now Mr. Anderson, who's left? Ray, Bischoff and Brisco, Knux, and....Tito Ortiz? They bypassed Chris Sabin's rematch(as far as we know) in order to have "One of Ray's own family" challenge for the World Title, then had said challenger destroyed in what appears to be his last night with the company. For what other reason would they do that other than to kick the disbanding of Aces and Eights into overdrive?

Involving Hulk Hogan in the storyline of the match would be a mistake. His "vested interest was when his "little girl" was involved with Bull Ray. Now that Brooke Hogan is gone from TNA and Ray's moved on to a different Brooke, the focus should be on AJ and Ray, not Hogan in the middle. Do I have faith that's how it will play out? Not at all. If his back allows, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hogan insert himself as ringside enforcer, or worse, referee. That would be a mistake, as everyone would be waiting to see what happens between Ray and Hogan, rather then investing in the match between Styles and Ray.

Remember when Aces and Eights offered Styles a spot, but as someone who would have to earn his cut? As someone who would have to start at the bottom? Start from there. I think part of the storyline trajectory will be determined by how the Styles/Dixie Carter confrontation plays out next week, but I'd have Styles prove himself better then every member of Aces and Eights, one week at a time. If he truly wants to ensure no outside interference, have him injure each member, one week at a time, until it's only Ray vs. Styles for the title.

This should be a good match. Ray has shown himself, since losing weight, to be a very good single's competitor who's ring psychology is very good. His big man/little man matchups before over the past year with both Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries alike have been very good, and I consider Styles a better worker then either man. So if they find a way to keep Aces and Eights from interfering and leave Hogan out of it, the best way to go here is a simple one-on-one match for the World Heavyweight Title. Styles earned his shot, and Ray's the champion.

That story works more often than not, but if they want to go the 'personal' route, use the fact that the club demeaned AJ by offering him a lower-tier spot within the group, and he was insulted and vowed that day to get back at them. What better way then by picking them off, one by one, then winning the World Title?

With Rock coming back to make sporadic non-wrestling appearances, he can still provide the nostalgia buzz without having to squeeze time into his busy schedule and dedicate himself to the build for a match, getting the fans hopes up that he might come back to WWE as a wrestler in the process. Rock can still come out, cut some promos, and deliver a few Rock Bottoms and People's Elbows for a nostalgia kick.

Styles wins, coming full circle from last year not being able to challenge for the title for a year. I don't know I have kinda liked this whole story.

Yes they should, and it is already starting to happen. This match i think should be one on one with no interference. AJ should get a clean victory here.

Like I said this match should have no interference, and the two should settle it one on one. I am sure Hogan will stick his nose in somehow though if he is still around.

They way it has been going has been fine imo, and I think they should get a good amount of time for their match, and AJ goes over clean.

No matter how this match plays out, two things will happen. the first will be AJ winning the World title, which you will see Styles defend against A number of Dixie Guys for the foreseable future, with the second being the conclusion of the Aces and eights Storyline which has gone on far to long. I imagine the match will go back and forth for a while before AJ gets the upper hand. At this point Dixie will try and screw AJ before the plan backfires on Dixie and AJ wins the title. I also expect the remaining members of Aces and Eight to turn there back on Bully and bring to an end the Aces and Eights.

AJ should win and then "kayfabe" leave the company with the belt. This would help keep the world title picture interesting as will Dixie stack the odds against AJ to try and get the belt back or will they crown a new champion (and then when AJ returns months down the line we get champion vs champion). Ideally I'd love AJ to leave with the belt and then we get a couple of moments of Dixie trying to get the belt of him and we have a couple matches (not to many otherwise it would devalue the belt and make it like old WWF hardcore title) in strange places like airport, shopping centres to give the illusion of AJ actually leaving.

Aces and eights should break up but I actually see them continuing with ken Anderson in control.

Also, I can see Hogan getting involved. The bully ray storyline has had hogan heavily involved.

I can actually see a huge swerve coming at BFG similar to WM 9, especially after last impact. Hogan gone from TNA so BFG would be perfect night for him to return. I would like to say that I'm not hoping for this but it is how I see it happening. Dixie helps bully ray cheat to beat AJ styles. Hogan then returns and gets a shock world title match at bully ray and wins (just like WM9). Realistically hogan shouldn't be champion and shouldn't get a match but perhaps they could add that in his contract he has a clause to a title match whenever he wanted or maybe he made a match that Dixie didn't realise she signed of on etc. there had been many rumours this year of a hogan run of the belt and if TNA is in trouble then why not try it.

Overall, prediction:

AJ Styles leaves TNA with world title

(Wouldn't be surprised if hogan holding up world title as champion is last image if BFG we see)

Their match at Slammiversary a couple of years ago is one of my all time favourite TNA matches. I really think here the focus should just be on having a great match and AJ winning the title, there's no need to overcook things, especially since TNA don't have another PPV until January, just make it a feel good end to a dreadful angle.

AJ should win and then "kayfabe" leave the company with the belt. This would help keep the world title picture interesting as will Dixie stack the odds against AJ to try and get the belt back or will they crown a new champion (and then when AJ returns months down the line we get champion vs champion). Ideally I'd love AJ to leave with the belt and then we get a couple of moments of Dixie trying to get the belt of him and we have a couple matches (not to many otherwise it would devalue the belt and make it like old WWF hardcore title) in strange places like airport, shopping centres to give the illusion of AJ actually leaving.

Aces and eights should break up but I actually see them continuing with ken Anderson in control.

Also, I can see Hogan getting involved. The bully ray storyline has had hogan heavily involved.

I can actually see a huge swerve coming at BFG similar to WM 9, especially after last impact. Hogan gone from TNA so BFG would be perfect night for him to return. I would like to say that I'm not hoping for this but it is how I see it happening. Dixie helps bully ray cheat to beat AJ styles. Hogan then returns and gets a shock world title match at bully ray and wins (just like WM9). Realistically hogan shouldn't be champion and shouldn't get a match but perhaps they could add that in his contract he has a clause to a title match whenever he wanted or maybe he made a match that Dixie didn't realise she signed of on etc. there had been many rumours this year of a hogan run of the belt and if TNA is in trouble then why not try it.

Overall, prediction:

AJ Styles leaves TNA with world title

(Wouldn't be surprised if hogan holding up world title as champion is last image if BFG we see)

Didn't WWE do this same thing with CM Punk a couple years back? It's clear that AJ is the favorite to win the belt, so add me to the list of folks that says he'll win. A&8's are in the final stages of its eventual destruction, and no, Hogan shouldn't be involved in this, at least not directly. So far Ray is trying to say AJ will be off his game focusing on Dixie. Slowly but surely what's left of his "brothers" will cause his undoing, and possibly Tess leaving him as well.

Not buying Hulk Hogan "quitting" TNA at all. The current situation is eerily similar to what happened at Bound For Glory 2010. TNA does everything they possibly can to convince the fans Hogan won't show up, and as a surprise, Hogan shows up.

So either a. Hogan shows up for a shocking moment to help AJ Stlyes win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, or b. Hogan shows up as a surprise, costs AJ Styles a chance at winning the title, and he joins Dixie as a heel for the swerve. Either way, I have no doubts Hulk Hogan will show up at BFG, and he'll play a hand in the outcome of this match.

Bully needs to lose, obviously. Aces & Eights should've died months ago. It's angle that's on life support, and it's been that way since the aftermath of Lockdown. AJ Stlyes should win. He needs to win, but with heel Dixie running around, Hogan lurking in the shadows, and the rest of Aces & Eights, I honestly can't picture this match ending with a clean 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back