Who should win this tournament?

• Ethan Carter III

• Lashley

• Eric Young

• Matt Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So the semifinals of the too long TNA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament are fixed now....
1. Matt Hardy VS Eric Young
2. Lashley VS Ethan Carter III
Also the semifinals and final will be taking place on January 5th, which is Impact Wrestling¡¯s live premiere on POP TV.....
So who according to you should win it?
My choice is

Ethan Carter III
I liked his first reign and he has been an awesome heel and yeah he is still undefeated by pin or submission so i would want him to win by beating Matt Hardy in the final.... and also his undefeated streak should be ended in future by Drew Galloway who is TNA's "ready to shine" knight.....

My first pick is Matt Hardy. He was TNA World Champion for 2 days. I’d like to see what he can do with it for more than 2 days. If he can generate enough interest for me to watch Impact again, I’m all for it.

My second pick is Eric Young. If anyone listed on the poll deserves to have a run with the TNA World Championship Title Belt, it’s Eric Young. He’s been there since the company was called NWA-TNA. Let EY have another run.

My third pick is Ethan Carter III. The man “never lost” the TNA World Championship Title. The man never lost in TNA period.

My last pick is Bobby Lashley. He’s a better choice than anyone not on the list, but not a better choice than the other 3 on the list.

My first pick is Matt Hardy. He was TNA World Champion for 2 days. I¡¯d like to see what he can do with it for more than 2 days. If he can generate enough interest for me to watch Impact again, I¡¯m all for it.

My second pick is Eric Young. If anyone listed on the poll deserves to have a run with the TNA World Championship Title Belt, it¡¯s Eric Young. He¡¯s been there since the company was called NWA-TNA. Let EY have another run.

My third pick is Ethan Carter III. The man ¡°never lost¡± the TNA World Championship Title. The man never lost in TNA period.

My last pick is Bobby Lashley. He¡¯s a better choice than anyone not on the list, but not a better choice than the other 3 on the list.

So you voted for Eric Young? Right...
I also think he is an awesome heel and as some poster said here someday that he is Daniel Bryan of TNA..... i would also pick him if EC-III undefeated streak wasnot on the line.... His streak should be ending at a big ppv and not in the final of a tournament.... Its hype should be much better.... So thats why i chose EC-III over EY...

Ethan Carter III is the obvious choice. After all, he's the hottest property of TNA at the moment. You see, lots of star power had shed down in TNA due to crises and the only man still going over the crowd as a heel is EC III. Yes Matt Hardy is the babyface but I still reckon Ethan Cater will make a perfect choice.

None of these guys is who I was hoping would end up in this position, specifically because with Hardy and ECIII right back there, it makes this entire journey such a massive waste of time (it was anyway, but we don't need to be reminded of that, do we?).

I guess if you're putting a gun to my head I say ECIII, simply because I think he's far and away their most compelling product, but I'd also be pretty OK with another Lashley run. His run earlier this year was one of the most effective, albeit quiet (because he doesn't talk much) runs they've had in years. Kind of like Goldberg, except with far better matches and no squashes or streaks to distract you from the hard-hitting action.

I would say Hardy but with rumors of Jeff wanting to go back to the WWE circling I think he would be a waste of time. I am a huge Lashley fan an if they can give himr a really long dominate title run i would be all for it.

EC3 can lose via dq to keep his streak going while working his way back to the title. This can help keeping him in the world title run. Then once a mega heel beats Lashley then they can turn EC3 face which is what is needed.

I vote for Lashley.

Ethan Carter. He should never have lost it to begin with. He is the main draw in TNA. And the best thing they have.

It would be funny though if they do all this just to give him his title back.

None of these guys is who I was hoping would end up in this position, specifically because with Hardy and ECIII right back there, it makes this entire journey such a massive waste of time (it was anyway, but we don't need to be reminded of that, do we?).

I guess if you're putting a gun to my head I say ECIII, simply because I think he's far and away their most compelling product, but I'd also be pretty OK with another Lashley run. His run earlier this year was one of the most effective, albeit quiet (because he doesn't talk much) runs they've had in years. Kind of like Goldberg, except with far better matches and no squashes or streaks to distract you from the hard-hitting action.
So whom you were hoping to win the title besides these 4?
Well i was hoping for Drew Galloway :shrug:

but I'd also be pretty OK with another Lashley run. His run earlier this year was one of the most effective, albeit quiet (because he doesn't talk much) runs they've had in years. Kind of like Goldberg, except with far better matches and no squashes or streaks to distract you from the hard-hitting action.

And about 5% of the fanbase Goldberg had. Goldberg hasn't wrestled in more than ten years and is still a bigger draw than Lashley could ever dream to be.

However, Lashley has star potential if someone can talk for him. The only problem would be he wrestles for TNA. Not to go too hard on TNA, but the exposure to create a major star just isn't there. I still think Lashley is the best of the four, so I'll go with him.

I chose Lashley as well.

I think a Lashley reign, not necessarily a long one with ECIII losing by DQ/Countout does no harm to TNA.

ECIII should be the man to defeat Lashley for the World Title and then take it from there.

So whom you were hoping to win the title besides these 4?
Well i was hoping for Drew Galloway :shrug:

Probably Galloway. Based on Tyrus being the #1 contender.

But something "new" would have been OK with me too, like Bram or Davey Richards.

The way I see this going is EC3 wins the Championship. Tyrus has won a shot at whoever the champion may be. EC3 thinks Tyrus is loyal to him and will do a job clean in the middle for his boss. Tyrus cleans EC3's clock for all he went through being EC3's lackey. Tyrus is the man that finally defeats the undefeated two time champion.

The way I see this going is EC3 wins the Championship. Tyrus has won a shot at whoever the champion may be. EC3 thinks Tyrus is loyal to him and will do a job clean in the middle for his boss. Tyrus cleans EC3's clock for all he went through being EC3's lackey. Tyrus is the man that finally defeats the undefeated two time champion.

Really unique choice! But i really cant see Tyrus being the one to defeat EC-III..... He is a monster and may become TNA World Champion one day but he shouldnot be the one to defeat him! Just my point of view!

Probably Galloway. Based on Tyrus being the #1 contender.

But something "new" would have been OK with me too, like Bram or Davey Richards.

So you suggested Davey Richards meaning you want him as singles competitor rather than competing along Eddie Edwards as The Wolves? And Bram! Why? :shrug:

Yes, I'd have been good with Davey on a singles run, especially if TNA can't line up much talent for January 5th and beyond to stock the tag team cupboards, which are bare. The Wolves are a great tag team, but they need viable teams to compete against to be worth their weight as a tag team. If those cupboards are bare, I'm OK with giving both of them small singles runs until the tag division picks up again. Similar to what was done with the Hardys, Team 3D and others.

And Bram fucking owns.

My first pick is Matt Hardy. He was TNA World Champion for 2 days. I’d like to see what he can do with it for more than 2 days. If he can generate enough interest for me to watch Impact again, I’m all for it.

My second pick is Eric Young. If anyone listed on the poll deserves to have a run with the TNA World Championship Title Belt, it’s Eric Young. He’s been there since the company was called NWA-TNA. Let EY have another run.

My third pick is Ethan Carter III. The man “never lost” the TNA World Championship Title. The man never lost in TNA period.

My last pick is Bobby Lashley. He’s a better choice than anyone not on the list, but not a better choice than the other 3 on the list.

Yea give the belt to Matt Hardy, who has a gut the size of Texas or EY who was a comical joke just a few months ago. The same EY who held the Knockouts tag team titles. NOT!!!!! Both are horrific choices. The logical choice is ECIII and its not even close.

When's the last time you watched TNA if you honestly believe this?

I don't want to see EY win it either, but he's been a serious performer for like two full years now. He spent the entirety of last year building up this "crazy" heel persona that he effectively debuted when they debuted on Destination America.

Again, I don't want to see him win it, but it's absurd to claim he was a comical joke "just a few months ago", and he's not a horrific choice. He's just not the right one.

I watch TNA every week and EY is a joke. This is the same buffon who won the knockouts title and was running around pulling his trunks off with a horrible Ric Flair imitation. That alone should eliminate EY from any serious championship consideration. Yea, he was decent working with the BDC, but even then his "scary" persona scared no one. The only significant thing he's done is embarrass a nobody (Melendez) on a weekly basis. Melendez has no place in a ring anywhere! Hopefully he's fired soon.

Guys reinvent themselves all the time. It's pro-wrestling. If every poor story line, missed opportunity and bad gimmick stuck to performers the way you are sticking that to EY, no one would ever make it. Just ask Vinnie Vegas, The Ringmaster, Diamond Studd, Isaac Yankeem, etc.

Or hey, just ask this tool:

RockyMaivia_1.jpg

Die Rocky, Die indeed.

As I said before, EY isn't a horrible option. He's effectively re-created himself as a serious competitor. He's just not the right choice.

EC III SHOULD be the "face" of TNA. He is the best thing that the Carter's have. Lashley likes playing in MMA. So, where is his loyalty to? Hardy would have been a nice choice about 2 years ago. EY is a lunatic. However, he also has had attempts at crossover appeal with his outdoors show. Sure, EY won the Knockouts tag strap. I could see Joe's point if it was with someone like Madison Rayne. But, he won it with ODB. The "trailer trash" gimmick actually fit what TNA was doing. Young also recently held the TNA World strap. So, here, they need to go to EC III, and give him a face turn when Bram or Tyrus turn on him.

What up fellas, its been a minute. Based on the choices, I went ahead and voted for Lashley, solely on the fact that I am a fan of his. In truth, it should be either him or EC3, especially taking into consideration that Carter wasn't pinned when he lost the belt. While EY wouldn't be a bad choice with his heel persona, I don't know if fans would get behind him this time around as a champ. Then there's Matt Hardy. Look I admire that he's still in the game, but did anyone make a fuss over him winning the belt? I for one thought it was a mistake as it really mucked up the momentum of EC3. Hell if EC3 gets it back, maybe Lashley could be the one to end the streak, though I don't know if that's the best idea.

Well Lashley is facing EC3 and whomever wins will be the new champion. The winner of the Hardy/EY match sole responsibility is to job to the winner of the Lashley/EC3 winner.

TNA should mend bridges and bring back MVP also. MVP should form a new heel stable with Bennet, Maria, Red Dragon, and Bram. Bring Taven in later when his time is up in ROH. That's a serious stable that could make waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back