TNA LD - Why the fuck is Gelgarin having to do this?

I never thought I'd say this, but TNA has managed to piss me off more in one night than WWE has in the past year and a half.

And the sad part is that it probably got better ratings due to RAW being preempted for NCAA up here...

Not replying to everything Tiger said, but a few things.

What would I have Hardy and RVD do? Have them in a higher profile match and SHOWCASE THEM. Don't throw them into tags that mean very little and a big multiman match that isn't going to mean anything in awhile.

Why should I have to put up with stories that go on and off? Why do we need the 3D angle instead of Joe? Who is more important long term?

The explanation is never coming. he's just a heel and we're just supposed to accept it. There's no reason to hate him other than his actions and it makes him look like a guy just randomly doing things. With a character like Sting, an eternal face, an explanation would be nice.

What would I have Hardy and RVD do? Have them in a higher profile match and SHOWCASE THEM. Don't throw them into tags that mean very little and a big multiman match that isn't going to mean anything in awhile.

But isn't the Lethal Lockdown the main event? How much higher profile does it get? I'm sure there are better ways to use the talent and draw power in the long run, but in the short term, I don't see the problem with them being part of a clusterfuck team match. It just makes Lethal Lockdown seem more important.

Why should I have to put up with stories that go on and off? Why do we need the 3D angle instead of Joe? Who is more important long term?

Sorry if it seemed like I saw disagreeing with you, I wasn't. Tone doesn't carry well over text. But come on, you have to agree it's at the very least admirable that TNA attempts to put in so many angles and story threads into their shows. It may lead to some inconsistency, ok a lot of inconsistency, but as long as you watch every week it isn't too hard to keep up.

The explanation is never coming. he's just a heel and we're just supposed to accept it. There's no reason to hate him other than his actions and it makes him look like a guy just randomly doing things. With a character like Sting, an eternal face, an explanation would be nice.

It would be nice, but does it detract from the badassery? There is enough history between Sting and Hogan to explain his hatred for Hogan all on it's own.

How about the world title match? That's a bit more high profile. Well it would be if Abyss would stay the fuck out of the angle, but Hogan has decided that Abyss should be the company's top face so there we go.

No it's not admirable. It's bad business. People like me get annoyed when we have to wait two weeks to see a story we like because we have to see The Band try to recapture old glory at the expense of the MCMG or something like that.

Yes it does. subtract from it. We're just supposed to go with it. Why? Because Russo says so? I'm sorry but that's idiotic booking. Actually fuck it I'm not sorry. It was a twist for the sake of a twist. Without an explanation, the impact isn't there. Think about this: if at the end of 6th Sense, Bruce Willis just said he was dead and there was no dramatic reveal and he knew all along, would it be as interesting? No. The explanation makes you get interested in it because it makes sense. Instead it's just there. It gives you more questions that will never be answered and that's idiotic.

The title that has been getting less build then the Lockdown match is more high profile? I can see where you're coming though, if the Title was being presented as the most important thing in TNA, which I don't think it is at the moment, it would be more high profile.

Ok, well does it completely negate you're ability to enjoy sting as a heel altogether? It doesn't for me.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the merit of overbooking since I already agreed with you on the overall booking process of each show and it's inconsistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back