TNA LD - Why the fuck is Gelgarin having to do this?

Gelgarin

Gentleman of the Old School
Haven't made one of these bastards since Bound for Glory. What the fuck gives? Well don't go expecting much in the way of flair or effort you lazy sons of bitches.

TNA COMING TO YOU LIVE AT AN UNDISCLOSED TIME LIVE.

So we're apparently starting an hour early tonight. Woop. Probably sensible in the grand scheme of things, but going into any more detail would be bringing up dangeriously close to a wrestling discussion. Don't want any of that. Let's stick to discussing the ratio of people who would like to nail Angelina Love to those who have a grasp of conversational etiquette. (Can you guess that I'm still sore nobody has made this for me?)

On tonight's extravaganza of a show...

Kurt Angle takes on Mr Anderson in a ladder match.​

Apparently the winner get's the key to the cage for their cage match at Lockdown. That's a ******ed stipulation, but this is a ladder match involving Kurt Angle so who gives a damn. Certainly value for money entertainment, and since this is free TV that puts us ahead of the game.

Pope takes on Desmond Woolf.​

This match seems to have happened several thousand times, and it hasn't been uninjoyable yet. I'm guessing that we get a major Dusty finish here where the entirety of Team Flair come out and lay waste to Pope. I love Pope. He reminds me every day why black people are cooler than me.

The Machine-guns take on 3D.​

I can smell the internet getting pissy about this one already. If 3D win then there 'will' be a thread about how TNA don't know how to run a wrestling promotion made by morning. It'll be shit.
Apparently this is a rematch for a web-match they had recently. That's OK, kinda makes sense. Don't think I like the idea of having a No.1 Contenders match on PPV (Ultimate X no less) then not making the winners the No.1 Contenders.
Pretty sure Sabin and Shelly win tonight though so yeah. Hope they don't take the titles at Lockdown though. Too soon.

Daniels may or may not do something.​

Lot of stupid things being said up in the TNA section. If he's gone then it's because he wanted to; not because he was released. Given that he's clearly a company man; if he is going then I wouldn't be surprised to see him written out tonight. Or maybe he'll just vanish. I'm slightly sad; he stopped being shit this past six months.
Kaz can go to Ring of Honour instead. He's just the time they'd enjoy.

Tommy Dreamer almost certainly won't show up.​

But I'm calling it anyway. Couple of tweets between him and Jeff Hardy coupled with the fact that his no compete clause is up means that it might happen. Raven is still under contract, so I'd imagine that is making a bunch of people who aren't me ejaculate within the confines of their trousers. I'm not fussed either way to tell the truth. I like Dreamer I guess.

Hamada Returns!​

Yes! Fucking Yes! I love my life out loud!

Other stuff.​

There's more, but I'm bored. Enjoy the show everybody. I'll be here.

I actually forgot about the early start time. Not sure if thats my fault or TNA's. and I already started getting prissy about the guns losing, before they've even lost no less. Check the wrestlin spamzone!

I really think that, unless Alex Shelly has managed to piss people off backstage again, there is little chance of them loosing. My prediction is that 3D is just being brought in to give the program a bit of momentum, since it can't really be built any other way given that we don't know who their opponents are going to be.

People are theorising their loss because - like Daniels - they have ROH dates booked. I'm hoping that they're on the way out because I want Shelley in WWE (specifically on NXT)

Yes, that is my reasoning train chugging along. ROH has MCMG booked for dates - TNA does not allow for working ROH dates while working for TNA= logical conclusion = MCMG are in ROH not TNA.

Alex Shelly is a fucking appalling singles worker. Him and Sabin work well as a team provided they can keep a fast pace; but put them in singles contests and they become all kinds of meh.

I still hold up the Sabin vs Shelly encounter we got last year as one of the worst proper singles matches I have ever seen.

Alex Shelly is a fucking appalling singles worker. Him and Sabin work well as a team provided they can keep a fast pace; but put them in singles contests and they become all kinds of meh.

I still hold up the Sabin vs Shelly encounter we got last year as one of the worst proper singles matches I have ever seen.
I'd disagree with you on the first point, but than as I say, I'm a mark for the dude and I'm hardly going to think he's shit. I cant remember their X-Title match well enough to agree or disagree with you on that. I probably would though (blind markism ftw).

Not a fan of Wolfe vs. Pope. They need to build AJ vs. Pope. That's been treated like a nothing match for a month and a half now.

I'm pretty sure Wolfe is a lock for Team Flair, so I'd imagine that there'll be some cross over there.

Yep, no build at all. Not very good for pushing the pope after the eight card stud tourney. Well, a I think A.J. and Pope cut a two or three promos for the match then poof, no build.

Ok, maybe no build is rather harsh, but it hasn't been enough IMO to sustain caring. Some on this very board didn't even remember Pope had a title shot after Destination X.

Well then those people either don't watch TNA or are fucking idiots. Either way I'm not feeling much sympathy for them.

Pope cut a full length promo on AJ Styles last week. I'll admit that the feud is not on the front burner right now, since AJ is doing so many things at the moment, trying to maintain heat with Abyss, play a role in the Hogan/Flair conflict and build his title match.

Might not be booking 101, but since booking 101 would have me watching an extreemly bland tag team main event between AJ and Anderson against Angle and Pope, I'm not going to shed too many tears that TNA works the feud differently.

That's my thing Gelgarin: AJ is doing too much. He's about to headline one of the biggest PPVs of the year and it's not even on his mind because of the Abyss feud which should be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back