TLC PPV- DX vs Jerishow - TLC Match - Unified Tag Team Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Announced tonight on Raw, DX will be taking on Jerishow in a TLC Match for the Unified Tag Team Championship. Quite frankly, I am rather surprised to see this match a total TLC match, and thought they would reserve that for the Main Event World Title matches.

However, they get to use the whole nine yards in this match.

What's also interesting to consider is the fact that The Big Show is injured.

Do you forsee DX getting the victory and the Tag Titles that Triple H and Shawn never held as a team, or do you forsee Jerishow eeking out the victory in this one, and see Triple H and Shawn going back to the Singles stars they really are?

Yes, An interesting match indeed.
I don't know, I'm entriged as to what this match actually offers. In my mind, It allows one of two things. The implosion of Jeri - Show, Undoubtably due to the Injury sustained by the Bigshow which will see him out of telivision for three weeks, or The end of Dx as 'LS' refers to. I would personally love to see Triple H turn on Shawn, Thus enabling Triple H to go back into his heel persona, and establishing yet another rivalry with Hbk. I think the triple threat match at Survivor series in which The game was instantly hit with the superkick is a great indication of an early rivalry. I couldn't be too sure, I'm Just speculating. In a complete contrast, D Generation X as Tag team Champions? Unified might i add.. Well, It would be different but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Its goin to be one hell of a match, im not totally sure if its time to take the belts off Jerishow, because this could be a feud that has some stayin power, and could go on for a while, if Dx wins where does it put them, and whos goin to legitimatly take the belts off them other than another main event power team like Jerishow. If the lose the belts there is a place to Jericho to go, cause there always is and always will be, id like to hope thatd itd be somewhere a long the lines of the title, but the man can do anything, as for Show, as long as its not being Cena's chew toy im fine with it, he can work, and talk and put on some decent stuff, id like to see DX lose and split up, they dont have to feud, cause weve seen that too much, and we dont need another boring ass 47 mins hell in a cell like their last one, i wanna see Shawn get one run at the title, as a Heel, he needs to make a heel turn, and win the title off Cena before mania so Cena can feud with Taker.

In another thread the discussion was about who will take the titles form jerishow. most people feel there really isnt any established tag teams that could take the belts due to the lack of tag teams to begin with. DX was the favored choice and i feel this could be good b/c this could lead to a jerishow split which they will have their short feud until edge returns. meanwhile DX begins defending the titles and their reign could end with one of the two turning on eachother allowing their oppenants to pick up the win (Im hoping the HARt dynasty, or Legacy) i really dont care who wins in this match though. id like to see more teams formed an built up. hopefully have legacy or the dynasty win the belts before wrestlemania an have like a 4 team tag match at wrestlemania to give some of the midcarders and lower card some ppv exposure and have a meaningful tag match.

just a thought

well this match in my eyes is just a way to get the tag belts off jerishow but i must say its refreshing to actually see to legit tag teams fightin for the belts and not some half ass team but i would like to see hhh go heel and cost themselves the belts by turnin on hbk after and then have them in a street fight type match at mania

I agree with "Tha Jigga Man". I feel DX will win, Jericho and Big Show will go back to their respective brands and begin singles feuds. Or will feud with one and other for a PPV and then move on.

I also feel DX is the perfect team to take the titles from Jerishow. Then they hold the belts for a few months or so, and then one turns and we have our Mania match! DX vs Hart Dynasty tonight was a good match. Maybe a preview of who they will lose the titles to. I'd suggest Legacy, but as we all speculate, the Ted turn cannot be far.

This leaves me very excited since I will be flying to Phoenix(from NY) to Mania. With Cena/Taker and HBK/HHH in speculation, I must say I am quite happy thus far.

this match has perfection writen all over it. i see more tables being used than anything. lots of high risk moves from HBK & Y2J. For some reason I see JeriShow retaining. Big Show will only be out for a month at most and he dosen't HAVE to compete on raw & smackdown, but Jericho can make do. He can more than cover up for the Big Show's absence.

I have a lot of things to think about now. For the past few weeks i havent had to worry about Jerishow losing their titles because of random tag teams like MVP and Mark Henry. But now that DX are going for it I'm worried Jerishow could lose the titles. The reason i am worried is because i hoped that they would lose their titles to a new drafted Christian and a returning Edge at Wrestlemania possibly. Im sure other people would'e had the same idea. The other reason i want DX to lose is because i dont want to see them as a tag team, i want to see them as singles stars. At Survivor Series it was everyone for themselves and we saw the real Triple H and HBk performing at their best. I want to see more of this but the only way is for them to break up, and them winning the tag titles only prolongs the team. On the other hand we cant wait for edge to return all the way until Wrestlemania or possibly after, and DX is the best option for Jerishow to lose the titles to, or maybe Legacy. Anyway whatever happens happens, we will see at TLC.

honestly, i think this match will not last long because of the big show injury factor. to me, it makes sense that DX gets there 1st Tag Titles together because it something that Vince feels has to be done. they go on a good run until around rumble/no way out time frame and turn on each other and go at it at wrestlemania. i thought it was obvious because Jericho is wayyyy too good to be stuck in a Tag Team forever, especially in WM, so he needs to drop the titles so he can begin his WM fued with whoever and Show drops back to jobbing to main eventers. The only thing im not sure about is how they will break up DX because WWE bills them as the most bestest friends in the whole wide world and inseperable, so that will be interesting to see how they do that segment...

I am actually looking forward to the JeriShow/DX match!

I am most looking forward to this because DX WILL WIN THIS MATCH.....and JERICHO can start his chase for the WORLD TITLE!!!!!

I predict that DX wins. JeriShow will then split...probably have a short feud.

At Mania, it is looking like HHH will face HBK.

At Mania, it also looks like Jericho will face either 'Taker or Edge....I'm happy with either!!!

At TLC, we will see or begin to see the JeriShow split.

Also, at TLC, DX will win the tag team belts for the first time.

I'm happy with whoever wins, especially if it keeps HHH AWAY FROM A WORLD TITLE!!!

I also am very excited for this match. I'm looking for DX to win the belts off of jerishow for 2 reasons.

1. I think having DX hold the unified tag titles and they would be able to show up on both smackdown and raw shows. I know a lot of people are tired of their boring promos but I personally enjoy them. Also I think this would be GREAT for the overall tag team divison which is all but dead in the WWE. Who better than 2 proven wrestlers and future hall of famers who aren't just "thrown" together to make a team used to help put over a lot of these younger tag teams giving them some much needed crediabilty. I can some good fueds with hart dynasty, cryme tyme, etc...

2. This tag title rave to me is taking away from Chris Jericho. In my eyes it always seems he's not the reason matches are won he's hiding behind the big show and using big show to carry him when we all know Jericho doesn't need big show he can hold his own with anyone. Jericho is the best heel on smackdown and what better reason to break up and have a fued with the best face on smackdown Undertaker.

I'd love to see both of these scenarios play out.

First let me say this will be a fantastic match to watch. These 4 veterans have great chemistry together, and with the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs they can create some interesting spots...especially DX on Big Show.

There are other intangibles we have to take into account here as to who the winner will be. Remember the Unified Tag Champs can appear on any show. I hear HBK has a certain schedule that he has to keep which limits his Smackdown time. If DX wins the titles, where does that leave the tag title scene? DX has already went over Jerishow twice on RAW, and HHH has gone over Big Show. Jerishow pulls it out here. They need the titles WAY more than DX does to remain hot, and to remain over as a legit team. If they want the titles on DX, don't do it at TLC, do it at another PPV, or on a RAW at a later date.

I would say it is better to keep the belts on the heels and let them run with it until you get some fresh blood into the mix to make the win even bigger....at Wrestlemania. I would have to say keep the belts on Jerishow until Edge returns and hopefully partners with Christian to get the Unified Tag Titles at 'Mania. WWE needs to do the right thing here.

I am forward to seeing this match... I mean even tho JeriShow bought some prestige back to the title... These 4 are all former world champions, a bunch of main eventers its good to see what kind of show they can put on.... but I'm really looking forward to Dx taking it.... they'll probably pull some NWO crap and spray paint Dx on it for fun.... but mainly i want to see what happens afterwards... Possibly a fued with Hart Dynasty and who knows Bret the Hitman Hart comes out and screws dx? ahh one can only dream huh

D-X does seem like one of the few combinations who would stand a chance against JeriShow. However, that doesn't mean I want to see Shawn & HHH with the belts!

The D-X promos annoy me more than any other segment of WWE programming. It's hard for me to swallow the dumbed-down version of either Hunter or HBK, and the addition of Hornswoggle to this mix makes it all the more wretched.

It reminds me of the absolute WORST aspects of the '80s WWF, when so many wrestlers were 1-dimensional stereotypes or caricatures. Despite consisting of two middle-aged performers, D-X is geared almost exclusively for children, and that's just a shame. Wasting these two incredible solo performers as a comedic duo is just reprehensible. Actually having to watch them chase around a "little person" is nearly unpalatable. To have them doing this with the straps is, at least to me, unthinkable.

The only way I'd want to see D-X with the belts is if Legacy suddenly re-emerged in their sphere of existence, gunning for the belts. I think those boys should have had another extended run with the tag titles a LONG time ago, and I think allowing them to get the win over HHH/HBK would be the ultimate means to that end.

However, since I don't see that happening, I think they should just keep the straps on JeriShow and allow The Hart Dynasty to take the belts from those two during a match when either Big Show or Jericho turns on the others.

I think the match is definitely watchable, purely because you have Jericho and HBK, the ladder match veterans, going at it again as well as Triple H and Show, who've only been in 3 ladder matches between them. I remember reading with Show's injury it's just a quick surgery that will clean up scar tissue in his knee, so he should (loosely using) be fresh come the PPV, however I see him not being in the match as much because him and ladders don't fit.

As for who wins? I personally don't want to see DX win it. Reason being is everyone goes how they are "Greatest Tag Team" yet they've never held the titles, I don't think an ego rub is what they need. However, that being said, given both teams were involved in World Title Matches, the unpredictability factor is regarding which team will implode? My vote goes to DX because despite Jericho/Show having a mini feud, the DX one is playing a bigger impact since HBK gave Trips some Sweet Chin Music.

Should be no doubt a match to watch, but it's just crowd pandering given the ladder experience between Shawn and Jericho who will no doubt be on form again. I just don't see the benefits of DX holding the titles coming out of this PPV, so in terms of match quality, should be watchable, but in the long term, there's little benefit of seeing DX win except to push merchandise and also because which team would go over DX if they did win them?

JeriShow being the heel team, is obviously the team more likely to experience a falling out of sorts. And with Show's tweaked knee, he's expected to miss close to a month of TV time. So I think this allows WWE to give the belts to DX and let HHH and HBK work on all three shows, and help them legitimize the tag division.

As for the match itself, it should be great. Ever since Show teamed up with Jericho, Show has basically revitalized his career. These guys have good chemistry with each other, and there should be plenty of opportunities for some great spots.

JeriShow has had a nice reign as tag team champs, but I think it's time for them to drop the belts. Seeing as DX hasn't really done anything worth getting ino since their feud with Legacy (unless you count the very stupid merchandise feud with Hornswoggle) it would be nice to see them have a little run as tag team champs.

Since JeriShow, Big Show has picked up some momentum he lost when the feud with Cena ended. Maybe he can have a feud with Shemaus? And on the Smackdown side of things, the people Chris Jericho can have a feud with are endless. He's a great heel, and since all the steam has Taken out of a possible match between him and Taker at Wresltemania 26, he could feud with Taker for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I too was very surprised to see this as the TLC match, as opposed to one of the World Title matches. However, if you look at the other matches for the card: John Cena vs. Sheamus, Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin, then I guess it makes sense, now that I think about it.

Imagine how great this match would have been, had it been the original team of Chris Jericho and Edge vs. D-Generation X? Ohh... that would be awesome! However, with Big Show over Edge, we have a specially added element to the match. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the first time that Big Show has been in any type of ladder match, so let's see how he does.

The backstory behind this match seems to be that DX is trying to win the tag titles for the first time as a team, while Jeri-Show is trying to prove that they can defeat any team that comes their way. I don't think JeriShow has ever beaten DX, so they might have even more to prove.

With Wrestlemania still rapidly approaching, I can see this match ending either way. However, whenever DX does win the tag titles, whether it's at TLC or later, it's my safe guess that it will help ignite a possible match between the two at Wrestlemania 26, even further than Survivor Series did. When the team of Jeri-Show comes to an end, I don't think we will see a fued happen between the two... I just assume they will just go their separate ways and it'll end at that.

Prediction: DX wins the Unified Tag Team Championships!

I always thought that we'd be seeing DX vs Jerishow for the tag titles in a normal match, for some reason. This just seems like such a huge match that no gimmick or stipulation was needed, I guess. But alas, we have a TLC match on our hands which could be very interesting.

We all know Shawn's history with ladder matches. He's the master of them, basically. Triple H and Jericho are definitely no slouches in gimmick matches, either. So all 3 of those guys working together can put on a good show. The problem will be Big Show. Apparently he's injured, and considering he's not that great when he's healthy, he shouldn't be used much in the match. Just use him for one or two power spots and then let the other 3 guys do the rest, even though Jericho will have to work his ass off. But meh, he can handle it.

I think the victory is gonna go to DX. Having the tag titles will be a good excuse to keep them out of the main event while Cena is facing some fresh challengers. Not to mention DX can really help a younger team get over and it can be the catalyst to their eventual break up. Plus Jericho should be getting a match against Undertaker with PPV time length. Since Jericho vs Taker probably won't happen at Mania, they should let it happen at Royal Rumble.

So yeah, DX to win what'll be a quite good match.

With Show injured and it being about time that Jerishow drop the titles, I very well see d-x winning the titles setting up a wm26 match between both of them.

With the Hart Dynasty having their first match against DX on Raw this week, could this well be the next team HHH/HBK put over?

To me the match comes down to two tag teams ready to blow apart, with the one big difference being Big Shows injury. Now if he does need time off, I see them dropping the straps at TLC, just for DX to drop them on RAW in a tag team gauntlet match.

Glad to see Shawn versus Jericho in a ladder match, I just wish they didn't have shaparones. It will be interesting to see which tag team breaks apart first.

I just keep thinking about The Big Show climbing up a ladder, the thought amuses me very much. DX should take the titles here, Jerishow won't last very long. Show's injury will probably make them lose, and Jericho will turn on him, talking about his partners are always weak or something similar. Shawn and Triple H will have a few good matches, because it'll help a few teams look good. Then, one of them will make them lose the title, the other will get annoyed and then the Shawn/Triple H feud starts again. I personally can't wait, their matches are always great.

Glad to see Shawn versus Jericho in a ladder match, I just wish they didn't have shaparones.

Probably the best thing you've ever said.

This match will be pretty good.

1. Big Show has the knee injury so I think it will be the ending of Jerishow.

2. DX will win the titles and eventually Shawn will turn on HHH realizing that he was the carrier of the team. HHH always turned on him because of jealousy. He had to marry the boss' daughter to get reconized.

3. DX will then split and get stripped of the titles. They feud and face at WM.

4. Jericho and Show will face off in a number one contender match making Jericho the contender for the title. Show can feud for the US title or a feud with somebody.

i think dx will win the titles at TLC, because big show is injured, so he probably won't be used much in the match. which basically means it becomes a handicapped match with dx vs. jericho. if dx does win, the wwe creative team should have them hold the belts for a month and then "hand them over" to hart dynasty at the royal rumble.

I can't wait for this match, It will be great. im hoping DX win for two reasons First, i think Jerishow are getting stale and they've had the title for too long, and second, DX deserve it, they (HHH and HBK) haven't won the title, it will also hopefully lead them to mania, where they can have a match for the ages on the biggest stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back