The Unified Tag Team Titles to be split at TLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should go back to old school, one heavy weight title, one intercontenial title and one set of tag titles, get rid of the brands where wrestlers are restricted to where they can wrestle, I know they split the brand so they could have more titles and have more people holding titles, just they have to many now.

Hell they use to have SD Pay-per-views and RAW Pay-per-views but they finally clued in that people want to see all the wrestlers not just one brand

I think you are so far away from the mark.

This is not the time that WWE should be concentrating on removing the split. There are a lot of young talent that needs to get some air time and if the split is removed, they will not see the light of TV ever again. The main event talent will be the ones who get all of the TV time and the rising stars will be pushed back to make room for Triple H and John Cena to be on both of the main shows. With that being said, I don't think this is the place to discuss this.

The Unified tag titles look pretty stupid, if you ask me. I would really like to see them taken away from JeriShow and I would very much like to see Triple H and Michaels take some of the gold home. Whether this comes by beating the Big Show and Jericho, then fair enough. If it means that the titles are split up and one team takes one and another team takes another, then fair enough. Holding both of the titles at one time looks pretty stupid and I personally think that this is the time to split them up. One thing is for sure, this is going to be a great match with plenty of twists and turns.

Splitting the Undisputed Tag Team Titles right now would be a horrible idea. Everyone can see that there aren’t many Tag Teams on each Brand to put focus on two sets of Tag Team Titles. Having one pair of Tag Champs holding two sets of Titles shows dominance and more importantly “allows” for the Champs to go on any Brand.

Cross – Branding is something that should be done by all Champs as an “incentive” to be Champ. This is why I believe Michelle and Melina should have a Unification match. This is why I believe Morrison and Miz should have a Unification match. This is why I believe Cena, Undertaker, and Christian should have a Unification match. If the Champions having two Belts visually displays supremacy, what’s the first thing you will think of when you see the World Champion with the World Heavyweight Championship Belt around his waist, the ECW Championship over his left shoulder and the WWE Championship over his right shoulder??

Another issue this would solve would be the “stale” Main Event scene. Let’s say Cena is the “Undisputed” Champion. In January he could feud with Raw’s number one contender while the Mid – Card Title is defended on Smackdown and the Tag Titles are fought over on ECW. Then in February Cena could feud with Smackdown’s number one contender while the Mid – Card Title is defended on ECW and the Tag Titles are fought over on Raw. Then rotate again in March. Of course this would only work if ECW was given top tier Superstars.

I say keep the Tag Titles as is and if anything needs to be changed, it’s the rest of the Championships.

It's an option, sure. But I think the WWE are smarter than that. They'll have a finish that will allow both members to grab the belts at the same time. Whether it's one team fully incapacitating their opponents or one guy member of a team turning on the other, it'll happen in a way that keeps the tag titles together.

In fact, why are we assuming it'll be 4 belts? If ever there was a time for WWE to finally have one set of tag team belts for the unified tag champs, it's for this TLC match. It would make perfect sense for one set of belts to make their debut at this PPV.

Will WWE make 2 seperate tag team champions again? No. Why would they combine the belts, give the Colons a mediocre run, give Jerishow a good run, then split it up again? Nah, Jerishow have done too much work to make the tag division interesting again. They'll keep the belts together.

Also, why can't one member make his team win if there's 4 belts? Take 2 belts off, drop them in the ring, take the second pair of belts. That's what I'd do. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back