The Return; Sting is the *NEW* TNA World Heavyweight Champion!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
You read right!

stingchamp.jpg

3.3.11 came to fruition, and The Icon himself was revealed as the mystery opponent named by "The Network" to face Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. In front of a red-hot North Cackalacky audience, Sting beat Hardy in the middle of the ring to win the title after three Scorpion Death Drops.

[YOUTUBE]Juyl4w22AWk[/YOUTUBE]

Thoughts on this? Thoughts on Sting's return? How does this affect the playing field in TNA?

I thought it was Awesome to see Sting back because I've been a Huge Fan of his ever since started watching wrestling he is one of the Main reasons why I got into Wrestling and when he won the Title I marked even more if this was any other 51 year old I would be mad but since its Sting I loved every minute of it. I think we will probably see a rematch between Sting and Hardy at VR which should be pretty good and its a Match Im Very interested in seeing.

Thought it was a great move. The crowd was hot the entire night, great show and an even greater finish. Sting didn't look bad at all in the ring, and I think that the re-match they'll imminently have is going to be even better. Good stuff from TNA, it'll be interesting to see what happens afterwards.

TNA iMPACT! was amazing tonight. I don't know if it was the live feel to the show or the atmosphere of them being in a place other than the Impact Zone, but I for one loved the entire show. Sting returning was very cool to watch. Even though numerous reports and the video package ruined the suprise, it was still a wonderful mark out moment. With that said, I will always find Jeff Hardy to be an amazing champion in TNA. He may get a lot of shit but he plays his character well. He won the TNA Championship a couple weeks ago from Mr. Anderson only to lose it tonight. Now we'll never hear the end of Anderson's constant bitching about not receiving his shot at the title. I personally would've kept the belt on Jeff, but I get it-- big show, big return, and big win. It's nice seeing the Stinger back. Hopefully TNA can keep this momentum going.

great to see sting back n winning the title...anyone think that a title run was put into his contract for him to choose to return to tna over wwe...hmmm either way im hyped that sting is back n world champ again, he's the only 50 something year old that can pull off a world title run

What is TNA thinking THREE title changes in just over a month and people complain WWE titles change hands too often. Not only does this make Jeff Hardy look weak but it also makes Mr. Anderson look weak for losing to Hardy in the first place. Everyone says The Miz has been booked weak as champion but look what TNA's doing with their champions the only person thats been booked to look remotely strong is a 51 year old who at this point in his career doesn't need the championship.

Once again TNA fucks up another "surprise" with this bullshit, it would've been more surprising if Hardy had retained the championship instead we get another title change and Father Time as our so called champion. Why does Sting need the championship easy answer he doesn't he's 51 what does he need to prove nothing so why is he the champion istead of Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy or Aj Styles once again TNA booking fucks it all up.

i have too say i enjoyed every minute of it and am looking forward to next thursday. i hope too see sting get involed with fortune. And if i remember correctly around a month ago during andersons title riegn there was rumor of TNA designing a new WHC belt soo maybe The Icon will debut the belt within the coming weeks.

TNA iMPACT! was amazing tonight. I don't know if it was the live feel to the show or the atmosphere of them being in a place other than the Impact Zone, but I for one loved the entire show. Sting returning was very cool to watch. Even though numerous reports and the video package ruined the suprise, it was still a wonderful mark out moment. With that said, I will always find Jeff Hardy to be an amazing champion in TNA. He may get a lot of shit but he plays his character well. He won the TNA Championship a couple weeks ago from Mr. Anderson only to lose it tonight. Now we'll never hear the end of Anderson's constant bitching about not receiving his shot at the title. I personally would've kept the belt on Jeff, but I get it-- big show, big return, and big win. It's nice seeing the Stinger back. Hopefully TNA can keep this momentum going.

The arena was in complete mark-out moment when Sting's theme started playing (we had no clue about the whole promo from last weeks episode since they did not show it to us in the arena). For the TV audience, I think it would have been better without the promo from last week, but still do the whole bit of the reveal from this week's episode to really get the mocking, but the build in this episode to the reveal was wonderful. It had to be Sting, as anybody else would have been forced to work as the Heel, as the Hardys are beloved in that section of NC (there was a 7 year old boy sitting next to me who was a huge Jeff Hardy fan).

Well, first off I read the spoilers; you can't really have a 'huge surprise' if it isn't live television. The 3/3/11 thing was tasteless and tacky, period. The fans, and Sting quite frankly, deserve better than that. Also, someone said Sting looked great in the ring, and I guess I must've been watching a different match because I'm pretty sure I saw Sting fall over after Hardy got to the ropes while in the Deathlock...that's one example. Not to mention that Sting looked like the 'Queer Eye For The Straight Guy' fellas got a hold of him while he was gone.

What is TNA thinking THREE title changes in just over a month and people complain WWE titles change hands too often. Not only does this make Jeff Hardy look weak but it also makes Mr. Anderson look weak for losing to Hardy in the first place. Everyone says The Miz has been booked weak as champion but look what TNA's doing with their champions the only person thats been booked to look remotely strong is a 51 year old who at this point in his career doesn't need the championship.

Once again TNA fucks up another "surprise" with this bullshit, it would've been more surprising if Hardy had retained the championship instead we get another title change and Father Time as our so called champion. Why does Sting need the championship easy answer he doesn't he's 51 what does he need to prove nothing so why is he the champion istead of Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy or Aj Styles once again TNA booking fucks it all up.

why is it bad to have multiple title changes? one long title run I think is worse when multiple other contenders can't beat whoever the champion is which makes that champion so much higher than anyone else.
I don't think multiple title changes this often is anything bad for Hardy or Anderson. I think it makes all the title contenders on a relative similar level.
how man times did Ric Flair win the world title? like 16/17 times? then he had to lose it that often too, and that didn't make him look bad.

I'm not sure I totally agree with Sting coming back after being away for so long and his first match he not only gets a title shot, but wins the title. but then again he is the icon Sting, so maybe he is an exception. maybe this was something in the new contract he signed in order to return to TNA?
I also would not be surprised to see Sting lose the title within the next month. to who? no idea, but there are multiple deserving candidates like JHardy/Anderson/RVD/Morgan/Styles, all who could challenge Sting and win.
personally I find that more entertaining and exciting than one person who holds the title for such a long time, especially someone who is more of a heel.

I was hoping when AJ Styles and Fortune turned on Immortal that Styles would get into the world title scene, but doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.

Wow what a show! The crowd brought lots of life to the whole event and I really hope they start doing this all the time (going on the road) instead of staying in the impact zone. As for Sting winning the title I loved every second of it. After all he is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Also It was great to see that he can still put on a decent match. I hope he stays champion long enough for a nice long run at least for this one last time. Ric Flair was the same age Sting is now when he won his last world title so why not have Sting as champion for his last time?

Wow what a show! The crowd brought lots of life to the whole event and I really hope they start doing this all the time (going on the road) instead of staying in the impact zone. As for Sting winning the title I loved every second of it. After all he is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Also It was great to see that he can still put on a decent match. I hope he stays champion long enough for a nice long run at least for this one last time. Ric Flair was the same age Sting is now when he won his last world title so why not have Sting as champion for his last time?

Because the IWC does not approve of "old people" winning belts or being in the company. Of course, having The Undertaker return and get an automatic title reign every fuckin' time is perfectly okay. Undertaker is younger than Sting, but he can't move, while Sting can and he proved tonight that he's not in slow motion like his fellow lightning wielding friend. But fuck that! Ability to WALK doesn't matter. Sting's 51! Screw him! Bring on the smoke and the lightnings let's watch a guy try not to break his hip! Woo hoo!

You've got a legend in good condition, clearly over with the crowd as always, clearly able to put on a match whenever he has two, awesome mic worker, awesome legacy, winning the top belt in your company and giving the fans a great show. That's a bad thing, right? Fuck him, he's 51! That totally nullifies anything he WAS or IS.

Oh, by the way, what happened with the IWC? I thought Hardy was a drug addict who shouldn't be Champion. Now you're bitching he lost the belt? Give me a fucking break ..

I obviously loved Sting's return and loved the fact that he won the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, after all he has been my favorite wrestler since the early 90s. Having Sting return tonight and not at an Impact in the 'lame' Impact Zone was a smart move on TNA's part. The crowd tonight was red-hot and made the return even more worth it. I can't stand Jeff Hardy. I have never understood why so many people love Matt and Jeff. So I love the fact that Jeff is no longer the TNA Champion. Hopefully TNA gives Sting back the old TNA World Championship belt or gives him a newly re-designed title. Who knows, this might be Sting's last run in TNA...so maybe someone like Mr. Anderson, Matt Morgan, or AJ Styles will get the rub from Sting at the end of all this.

How does it make Jeff Hardy or Mr. Anderson look weak at all a couple of weeks ago everyone on this forum was wetting themselves talking about how epic a match Taker vs Sting would be but yet Jeff Hardy looks weak since he lost to him that makes no sense.

Anderson lost to hardy in a ladder match, unless you are in your 20's when people say ladder match they think Jeff Hardy. and if you are old enough HBK at Wrestlemania 10, losing to Jeff Hardy in a ladder match didnt make Mr.Anderson look weak at all. If he had pinned him cleanly then you might have some ammo to back up what you are saying but nahhhhh.

And you have got to be fucking kidding me the miz beat a ANNOUNCER and he is HEADLINING WRESTLEMANIA! think about that, thats why everyone says that about the Miz instead of him being booked to go into the elimination chamber and defeat 5 other guys even if he cheated and used every trick in the book to do it he would have still looked like a threat and taken seriously instead he beat a ANNOUNCER and he is HEADLINING WRESTLEMANIA! That shit is weak

I see no problem simple fact is their is no need to make Anderson look strong, their is no need to make Hardy look strong they are both WAYYY over with fans, they are both established, people know they are stong, them losing is not going to make them look weak, and age does not mean shit in wrestling as far as wins and losses for shows, if you are a wrestling fan you say o shit Jeff Hardy lost to sting, not ooo jeff hardy lost to a 51 year old guy what a loser he looks weak as hell

why is it bad to have multiple title changes? one long title run I think is worse when multiple other contenders can't beat whoever the champion is which makes that champion so much higher than anyone else.
I don't think multiple title changes this often is anything bad for Hardy or Anderson. I think it makes all the title contenders on a relative similar level.
how man times did Ric Flair win the world title? like 16/17 times? then he had to lose it that often too, and that didn't make him look bad.

I'm not saying Hardy or Anderson should hold the title for like a year but to have three title changes in just over a month is destroying any prestige the title had and making Hardy and Anderson look incapable of successfully defending their championship.

For the title to be important it has to be defended successfully once in a while and for the champion too look strong they need to win matches instead of losing to someone whose been gone for four months.

-glad to see sting back, i personally still think he should have went to wwe, but whatever, just glad to see sting back, and even better to see him as world heavy weight champion, maybe him and RVD will go around chasing immortal XP.
-wish that tna would make their own stuff, instead of copying or *trying to mock* the wwe, they are big, but they make themselves look like a junior wwe

As a Sting mark, I'm happy he is back on tv and has become the World Champion.

I think Hardy is a Sting mark too, so this wold have been a dream of his to face Sting. Hardy can been seen as the anti-Sting almost as he wears the facepaint etc...

Their rematch and the story of the evil Hardy chasing the title hopefully will be done right and Russo keeps it simple. Good vs evil with no stupid swerve for swerve sakes type shit in between.

Sting is the man and yes it should have been RVD perhaps closing that storyline, or Anderson or AJ ... but Sting is my favourite wrestler and what can I say but just happy he's the champ once again... if TNA are going to keep giving the belt to names instead of homegrowns than I'm glad it's the Stinger!

Because the IWC does not approve of "old people" winning belts or being in the company. Of course, having The Undertaker return and get an automatic title reign every fuckin' time is perfectly okay. Undertaker is younger than Sting, but he can't move, while Sting can and he proved tonight that he's not in slow motion like his fellow lightning wielding friend. But fuck that! Ability to WALK doesn't matter. Sting's 51! Screw him! Bring on the smoke and the lightnings let's watch a guy try not to break his hip! Woo hoo!

You've got a legend in good condition, clearly over with the crowd as always, clearly able to put on a match whenever he has two, awesome mic worker, awesome legacy, winning the top belt in your company and giving the fans a great show. That's a bad thing, right? Fuck him, he's 51! That totally nullifies anything he WAS or IS.

Oh, by the way, what happened with the IWC? I thought Hardy was a drug addict who shouldn't be Champion. Now you're bitching he lost the belt? Give me a fucking break ..

I seriously hope you're joking dude. You might want to consider checking your doctors credentials when you have eye exams.

How does it make Jeff Hardy or Mr. Anderson look weak at all a couple of weeks ago everyone on this forum was wetting themselves talking about how epic a match Taker vs Sting would be but yet Jeff Hardy looks weak since he lost to him that makes no sense.

Anderson lost to hardy in a ladder match, unless you are in your 20's when people say ladder match they think Jeff Hardy. and if you are old enough HBK at Wrestlemania 10, losing to Jeff Hardy in a ladder match didnt make Mr.Anderson look weak at all. If he had pinned him cleanly then you might have some ammo to back up what you are saying but nahhhhh.

And you have got to be fucking kidding me the miz beat a ANNOUNCER and he is HEADLINING WRESTLEMANIA! think about that, thats why everyone says that about the Miz instead of him being booked to go into the elimination chamber and defeat 5 other guys even if he cheated and used every trick in the book to do it he would have still looked like a threat and taken seriously instead he beat a ANNOUNCER and he is HEADLINING WRESTLEMANIA! That shit is weak

I see no problem simple fact is their is no need to make Anderson look strong, their is no need to make Hardy look strong they are both WAYYY over with fans, they are both established, people know they are stong, them losing is not going to make them look weak, and age does not mean shit in wrestling as far as wins and losses for shows, if you are a wrestling fan you say o shit Jeff Hardy lost to sting, not ooo jeff hardy lost to a 51 year old guy what a loser he looks weak as hell

This is the last time I'm going to defend my post so don't bother quoting me any more.

First of all not all of us were "wetting are selfs" to see Sting face Undertaker at Mania I had no desire to see that match two aging superstars that can't move anymore doesn't excite me at all.

Secondly Hardy looks weak because Hardy lost to a guy who hadn't wrestled in four months and is seventeen years older then him. Anderson looks weak because someone he lost to can't beat a rusty aging superstar on his first night back.

Thirdly The Miz doesn't look weak he can actually beat people unlike Anderson and Hardy who combined have lost the title three fucking times in the last month. Miz has defeated Randy Orton three times John Morrison once and the King who happens to be a hall of famer twice how does that make the Miz weak?

So 3-3-11 has become a historic night for TNA. Ok lets break this down by the numbers and maybe I can understand the craze about tonights impact.
1. TNA 3-3-11 actually happen about 8 days ago.
2. TNA been around almost 9yrs
3. This show had about 3,500 fans in attendance ( there record is 5,550 on 7/2/10 )
4. They showed a man wearing a dress twice. ( Orlando Jordan )
5. They showed a jobber ( Eric Young ) wearing the company title not once but twice.
6. They copy another promotion two weeks straight, 1st with the 3-3-11 video and 2nd the limo arrives we see black boots they go to commercial, I wonder where I have seen that before.
7. They crowned a 51 yr old champion.
TNA Prerecorded and big shocking surprises are priceless.
I'm not hating on TNA but I must be honest, they looked like a promotion that just started 8 days ago. Dixie please listen to Hogan just supply the money period .

This is the last time I'm going to defend my post so don't bother quoting me any more.

First of all not all of us were "wetting are selfs" to see Sting face Undertaker at Mania I had no desire to see that match two aging superstars that can't move anymore doesn't excite me at all.

Secondly Hardy looks weak because Hardy lost to a guy who hadn't wrestled in four months and is seventeen years older then him. Anderson looks weak because someone he lost to can't beat a rusty aging superstar on his first night back.

Thirdly The Miz doesn't look weak he can actually beat people unlike Anderson and Hardy who combined have lost the title three fucking times in the last month. Miz has defeated Randy Orton three times John Morrison once and the King who happens to be a hall of famer twice how does that make the Miz weak?

Thats real smart you got owned in a argument so you say im not going to respond so dont quote me, yet you finsih your post with a question boy aren't you a smart kid

First the majority of wrestling fans were thats a factual statement so you are the minority, doesnt change the fact the the wresting world wanted to see that match it shows you just how strong the sting character is to have that spot

Second, and for the second time wresting fans, and the wrestling universe does not look at age, I take it you have not been watching wrestling very long when Its Jeff Hardy vs Sting thats what it is Not Jeff Hardy vs a 51 year old. People dont give a rats ass about age when they see a match up, In the eyes of the majority of WRESTLING fans Jeff Hardy lost to Sting simple and plain. Instead you want to go into semantics like a moron, well then Sting was more well rested then hardy, hardy had no clue who his opponent was going to be etc... Thats like saying wow randy orton looked real weak because he lost to HBK you sound like moron, it doesnt matter the age difference or whether they just came back its Orton vs HBK, just like Hardy vs Sting age is a non factor

Anderson lost in a Ladder Match! Its the same as going against undertaker in a casket or inferno match if the finish is clean you are most likely going to lose not because you suck but because their is over a decade worth of time showing how those stars have mastered those matches

[/QUOTE]Thirdly The Miz doesn't look weak he can actually beat people unlike Anderson and Hardy who combined have lost the title three fucking times in the last month. Miz has defeated Randy Orton three times John Morrison once and the King who happens to be a hall of famer twice how does that make the Miz weak?[/QUOTE]

He beat a hall of famer who is 60+yrs old(since age means so much to you) who isnt a WRESTLER sting is a wrestler the king is announcer what dont you get

Edge=wins EC chamber to go to mania
Del Rio= wins Royal Rumble to go to mania
Cena= wins EC chamber to go to mania
Miz= beats commentator to go to mania

The Miz is not proven at all and thats what you dont get he thats why he looks weak thats why out of all 4 he was the least hot streak going into mania so far, and its why people could give a rats ass about him, and everyone is talking about the Rock and Cena.( you hold the most important title in the company and know one is paying attention to you, thats weak)

Hardy is not weak he has beaten HBK,HHH, and Undertaker all clean, he had one of the best matches of the year against Kurt Angle at No Surrender they dont need to make him look strong wrestling fans know he is strong they know what he can do in the ring. Mr. Anderson is the most over star in TNA next to Hardy he was over in WWE he won MITB he doesnt need to prove that he is strong, and both of them come of FARRRRR from weak. Once you are proven you can loss and not look weak and worry about falling off.

Its very obvious you have not been watching wrestling that long and the fact that you think Jeff Hardy looks weak by losing to sting and that the miz looks strong when he had a horrible match with Jerry the king lawler to punch his ticket to Wrestlemania is proof of that.

Now go be a good boy, since you arent going to defend the stupidity of your post

Really enjoyed watching TNA, the crowd was amazing and it made a huge difference. I just wish they could do this more often, it was 10 times better then having to listen to the lame and robotic chants of the fans in the impact zone. I was glad to see Sting back in action and part of me was happy to see him win the championship since I'm a fan of his. But I also wanted to see a title match between Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles, it could've been a great match but maybe it'll happen in the near future.

Because the IWC does not approve of "old people" winning belts or being in the company.

When it makes sense, I have no problem with it. This 3/3/11 thing was idiotic from the start, so the ending doesn't mean much to me. However, I will say I would rather see Sting battle Hardy in hopes of keeping Anderson from talking too much.

Of course, having The Undertaker return and get an automatic title reign every fuckin' time is perfectly okay.

The Undertaker is one of two biggest draws in wrestling. Putting the title on him makes sense. Sting, on the other hand, isn't. Making his debut with the WWE would have been a big deal, seeing it's never happened before.

Undertaker is younger than Sting, but he can't move, while Sting can and he proved tonight that he's not in slow motion like his fellow lightning wielding friend. But fuck that! Ability to WALK doesn't matter. Sting's 51! Screw him! Bring on the smoke and the lightnings let's watch a guy try not to break his hip! Woo hoo!

Your statement here means nothing. Why? Because Taker has put on at least two great matches in the last two years with Shawn Michaels. Sting hasn't had any that stand out. I love the Stinger, but you're full of shit.

I somewhat agree with you here. I don't mind Sting taking the title, I just think it was done in a petty, vengeful, vindictive manner. It was all about sticking it to the WWE. It was poorly planned out, and the execution was shit.

Oh, by the way, what happened with the IWC? I thought Hardy was a drug addict who shouldn't be Champion. Now you're bitching he lost the belt? Give me a fucking break

I can't speak for the rest of the IWC, nor would I want to, but I know exactly how I feel about Hardy as TNA champion. I'm split. I think Hardy still has a lot left in the tank, but he has issues. With the right opponent, he can still put on a good match.

However, with the legal proceedings nonsense, Hogan/Dixie, the Fourtune/MEM debacle, and every other whacked out thing, the entire angle has been overbooked. Hardy isn't the focal point, and he should be. This demonic character he's playing isn't bad at all, but he clearly isn't the most important piece of the puzzle, and that's sad. The booking/writing department has botched this deal with Hardy, so I don't place much (if any) blame on Jeff.

Props to TNA for recovering from their 'surprise' last week. They needed a big show and they delivered.

I'm not that big of a Sting fan myself; the character has just never resonated with me. But in front of an audience that hadn't been told to expect a certain surprise, with his return actually coming as a surprise, he couldn't help but appear huge. The real test now is to see if TNA can carry on with this momentum over the next few weeks. I spy an opportunity to bring in a significant chunk of weekly fans here.

Another positive- after last night's crowd reactions, management over TNA is very likely concerning themselves with how to get their live shows/tapings on the road as often as possible.
Contrary to popular opinion, there is no "IWC Unimind". The IWC, of which you yourself are a part of, consists of thousands of people with many varying viewpoints. It is quite possible for one portion of the IWC to have a completely different opinion then another portion of the IWC. When you hate on the IWC, you hate on yourself. It's fine if you want to argue and discuss with other members of the IWC; after all, I'm pretty sure that's why we're all here. (In fairness, it does seem a lot of people are just here to shout their opinions into the "why-should-we-give-a-fuck" netherspace of the internet.) Instead of constantly going "if you don't like it, don't talk about it", and "OMG WWE sucks, people should bitch about that more", how about you take the time to elucidate convincing arguments and try to convince people that you think they're missing something good? It has to work better then calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion a brainwashed IWC drone.

so I guess he isnt going to WWE...lol I just hope thet changed the belt...im upset that I feel sleep on this would have loved to have seen it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back