• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Anderson is the *NEW* TNA World Heavyweight Champion!

Frankly, I thought his win was an epic payoff for that tremendous build they gave him that has lasted over a year now (starting with the 8 Card Stud tournament).

My only concern right now is the fact that the original Championship belt, the one Eric Young is carrying around like a joke right now, may not be the belt he actually carries. That "Immortal" Championship only fits Hardy – and it's hardly befitting of a guy like Anderson to have around his waist.

Gotta hope moving forward he gets the original back into the picture.

Congrats to Mr. Anderson!

I like the move. Anderson has done a lot to get to where he is and the title is a show of confidence and respect. I hope Hardy isn't out of the picture just yet. This feud has a lot of potential and could last quite a while if done right.

I didn't get to see the PPV, only read the results here. I hope that they don't do something silly like reversing the decision or having Bishoff declare that the match never happened, or wasn't sanctioned.

Wow!! I thought he would have won it at a bigger stage!! But am still happy he has finally got the title!! I just want to see who he feuds with now and to see how far he can go with the title and maybe prove to WWE that he can be a good world champion and also whether he can pull it off!! I mean this is his first world title reign!!

So was just randomly thinking at work just now, surfing some web and on the TNA forums, and as i was doing this, as soon as i seen the topic "Anderson NEW TNA Heavyweight Champ" it struck me ....... what’s the betting he gets stripped of it ?

Now now, don’t jump the gun yet and read on, throughout this whole concussion storyline Mr.Anderson has NEVER shown a doctor’s note to say he was medically cleared to wrestle, so that got me thinking, is Bischoff about to do what he’s best at, screw people over ?

Now I’m aware that 3 weeks of TNA tapings have been done, but i haven’t read spoilers and if you have please don’t come on here saying this does or doesn’t happen bla bla bla.

So what I’m thinking is Bischoff, with or without Hardys input, will come out and say that he wants to see Mr Andersons medical note to say he can compete, Anderson then says he was never medically cleared, this then leaves Bischoff saying if he shouldn’t have been wrestling he shouldn’t be the world champ. Therefor he will be stripped for the fact he shouldn’t be wrestling in the first place, or he’s unable to defend the title in the next 30 days.

What’s your thought ? Can you see this happening, if not do you think it could be a good road to go down ?

I think it could be a good idea to hold off, just to see how Jeffs court case goes, and depending on that depends if Anderson holds onto, or is stripped of the world title.

Discuss .........

I'm happy Anderson is TNA Champion. I was a fan of his as Mr. Kennedy and I'm glad to see him doing so well in TNA. But it was a little too soon.

I know they had to take the title off of Hardy because of his legal battles. But talk about a lackluster win.

Jeff Hardy didn't do much as champion to make it worth much to beat him.

He just started rolling with this new character and now he's been beaten.

This screams of The Miz being WWE Champion.

I hope it works out for him.

I think the logical choice would be Matt Morgan, oh wait...he is a face too. Nice work TNA..

The only way a Face v Face feud with Morgan would have worked is if Morgan became jealous of Anderson for winning the title before him, and destroyed him. Bingo, theres your feud.

BUT

Morgan has only just turned Face after leaving Immortal, so it wouldnt make sense to turn him heel again so quickly. TNA has booked itself into a corner with this one, especially as they have known for ages about Hardy's trial. Its not like its a shock that he could go down is it? TNA needed to have prepared for this, and it doesnt look like they have.

I think it will end up being Matt Hardy, who will defend his brothers honour and challenge Anderson for the title. This could work, and hopefully will establish Matt as a main-event level heel in TNA, something that could make him fresh again, as he has never played that role in his career before.

I would like to see AJ Styles face Anderson, but if he leaves Immortal (which looks likely) then he will be a Face too, so that would have to be yet another Face v Face feud, which simply do not have the intensity of two bitter rivals going at it.

Jeff Hardy is not going to jail. Mark my words. He will plead guilty to only a few lesser charges and i repeat, will not be going to jail. Im guessing the new 'they' will have an influence in the title rematch on February 3rd which will result in Hardy having an official rematch at Against All Odds.

Thats what i think will happen. This Jeff Hardy and Anderson isn't over yet and with everyone expecting him to go to jail,will be the most logical in the mean time!

Blah. The guy had a silver spoon handed to him, and from one event to another, managed to piss it away.

His self pity bullshit promo last Thursday was just crap. Oh I worked so hard, worked 11 years, blah blah blah. Who gives a shit. What guy doesn't bust his ass in the business at one point or another. What the hell did Mr. Kennedy, er Anderson ever do to become a "World Champion."

This is a guy that claims he was held back, yet won the Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania 23. If you're not familiar with the Money in the Bank, it's that little thing that pretty much guarantees that you will become a World Champion with in the next year. Pretty much, it has a success rate of 100%. Kennedy gets injured, it sucks, no need to shit on the guy for that, but that's not the WWE's fault. He goes down, and Taker goes down a week later, Edge is your new champion. Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

Since the WWE didn't have any plans for Kennedy, they went ahead and made up this brand new storyline, Vince McMahon has a third child, and that child is in the WWE. Hmm, Mr. Kennedy is set to have a huge push as the third McMahon child, with all the headlines that go along with it, but shit...Wellness Policy failure.

Kenderson has made himself out as a victim, I don't see it. Does he deserve to be a world champion, if he floats your boat. Kenderson has done nothing for me ever. His promos are shit. Wow, I say asshole, that's fascinating. The late 90's called, they want their trash TV back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back