• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion... Well, Sorta?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
If you didn't see earlier tonight, Eric Young came out of the locker room wearing the old TNA World Heavyweight Championship — the same belt Hogan & Co. threw into the trash when they awarded Hardy the "Immortal" Championship a few weeks back.

Eric referred to himself as the champion because he found the belt, and even "defended" it in a tag match against Generation Me later in the night.

Obviously it's a joke, but is it a funny one? That belt has only ever been around the waists of Sting, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy and Mick Foley, and you can now add Eric Young to that mix?

Thoughts on this story line? Concerns? Guesses as to it's future?

Well so much for the value of that belt. They might as well throw it in the trash for real now. Once Hardy is done his run they are going to need another WHC belt because Hardy's is custom made and has his face on it. How are you going to put a belt that Eric Young picked out of the trash on your new champion and make it look credible? Hopefully a new WHC belt is in the works and the one EY is wearing will be trashed.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Instead of taking offense to this and name all the people that has had the title, I'll accept the gimmick of EY for what it is...comedy. I thought this bit was freakin hilarious. I hear this is the gimmick he's suppose to roll with for a while. I hope it gets funnier as time goes on

I hope this leads to a feud with Hardy because if EY is the champ then I might start watching the main events again. If you saw EY's gimmick as World Elite's leader then you can tell that he has what it takes to be a serious champ. He needs to drop this ****** gimm and become X Division or World champ because this is absurd. He's too good to play a ******. He can wrestle like a champ and act like one, but if he keeps going this route then he's just engraving himself as the next Eugene.

I agree with wrestlemaniac. I found the whole Young thing to be hilarious. From the bit w/Jordan in the hallway, to "sensai" Kendrick, to him coming out and delusionally "defending" the title, Young is just great w/his comedy bit. I'd say he's the TNA answer to Santino, the lovable, adorable goof. You can't help but like the little guy. And if I'm not mistaken, did I not see a jab at Daniel Bryan also w/him coming to the ring w/the twins? One last side note about Young. To me he looks like an oversized midget the way he's built, with the stubby little legs and such. Maybe that's just me. But anyway, I enjoyed the whole thing w/Eric Young and was happy to see him (and Amazing Red, btw) on TNA television again. Much more interesting than "MMA Jarrett" or "Bully" Ray.

I agree with wrestlemaniac. I found the whole Young thing to be hilarious. From the bit w/Jordan in the hallway, to "sensai" Kendrick, to him coming out and delusionally "defending" the title, Young is just great w/his comedy bit. I'd say he's the TNA answer to Santino, the lovable, adorable goof. You can't help but like the little guy. And if I'm not mistaken, did I not see a jab at Daniel Bryan also w/him coming to the ring w/the twins? One last side note about Young. To me he looks like an oversized midget the way he's built, with the stubby little legs and such. Maybe that's just me. But anyway, I enjoyed the whole thing w/Eric Young and was happy to see him (and Amazing Red, btw) on TNA television again. Much more interesting than "MMA Jarrett" or "Bully" Ray.

lol young always gets me laughing but you will have to explain this danielson comparison to me as I don't watch raw. So he's going to the ring w the bella twins or whatever? if this recently happen lie this month then I'd say it wasn't a jab because this was taped 2 weeks ago. If not then maybe it was a jab but spike was promoting a hooter's special so idk if i'd call it a jab

Can't say I'm all that surprised really. Eric Young has pretty much gone full circle. A few years back, he ran around with a toy WWE Championship belt with a beer bottle glued to the front of it, then he eventually heads down the road to becoming a legit competitor in TNA and now he's a bigger joke now than he ever was and is wearing the original TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Doesn't really amuse me or piss me off to be honest.

That was the real belt? Somehow I thought it was a plastic version a kid threw away but now I get it. I found the gimmick to be amusing but it does seem to be in questionable taste. I guess it does sell Hogan/Bischoff diminishing what TNA was in that blurred lines way. EY is pretty over in his familiar role. I do not have a problem with it but it seems odd to treat your own title that way, even if it does fit the story.

Ive always been a fan of eric Young whether theyre usin him as a comedy tool or when he was taken seriously as leader of World Elite. I think this could be funny and hope its a extended storyline...and hope for a extend program with Hardy. Be nice to have a TNA orginal up there challanging Hardy for the title. I think Young and Hardy could put on some grreat matches together.

Eric Young could pretty much come out wearing a used condom and people still wouldn't give a damn about him. Besides a few of the Impact zone fans. Young wearing a fake belt to the ring wouldn't be a problem, it is pretty insulting to have him act like a clown with the real TNA heavyweight championship. Now whenever Jeff Hardy loses his Hot Topic title at the airport or in a match, TNA could create a new design for the TNA heavyweight championship. Having Eric Young present the old TNA title that he just grabbed out of the trash to Morgan, Anderson, RVD, etc. is pretty insulting.

I think Young is great in the comedy role, but I think it has well pass ran it's course.He's pretty talented and could be used better in my opinion. As for him using the World Title belt as a prop is a complete joke. I just don't get why they would take the only title with prestige and shit all over it. It's bad enough they turned the real championship to something that looks like a kid made for wrestling with his friends.

Now when Hardy loses his freak show belt they either have to go back to using a belt that was used as a prop for comedic relief. Or spend thousands of dollars on a new belt. That could be used on talent or production instead.
It's just another horrible move on TNA part.

Funny, I was just saying that last week. I thought to myself that Eric Young would end up taking the title. It is incredibly stupid, but not unnesecary. It is only really to further his gimmick. That is all.

This just reminds me of when Duggan found the WCW TV Title. The sad thing is that I would rather recognize EY as the World Champ rather than that strung-out freakshow Jeff Hardy. Who else busted up laughing when Jeff said that the TNA title is the most prestigious title in wrestling? LOL I got to give Morgan and Mr. Anderson a lot of credit though. I know when they were throwing putdowns at Hardy that they had to bite their tongue quite a bit to not bring up his drug habits. I'm still wondering why TNA has put the title on a drug addict. Hopefully he drops it soon. He is way too much of a liability. I'm just waiting for him to go on another drug binge and start no-showing events again. At this point, I consider Eric Young my TNA World Heavyweight Champion and I'm glad to see a real world title once again in TNA.

The title being in the trash really shouldn't be seen as insulting the title or the previous champions. This stupid Hardy ass belt was made because they were shitting on the title, so saying it was picked out of the trash was obviously trying to get heat.

But having EY is this storyline is a little insulting when he's been so great in the past. He's now a joke.
He could be feuding for the tv title or at least tag team or x division. If there weren't 80% heels, make him a strong heel like he was with World Elite.

Bischoff brought us Eugene. He must have a soft spot for tards

This reminds me of two different storylines:

1. Vince McMahon giving Mankind the first Hardcore Championship, which was a broken Winged Eagle WWF Title belt. I think it was an idea during the Russo reign, but I liked it because the new belt was established and the old title was actually practically destroyed. In addition, it created a new title instead of someone just walking around with it.

2. Hacksaw Jim Duggan finding the TV title in the trash on WCW Saturday Night as a janitor. I don't think the finding of the belt itself was a Russo idea. I think the TV belt came back during Sullivan's short run as booker before the New Blood storyline. It disappeared again on the first night of the "reboot."

Combine those two and here's what we have. Problem is, the old TNA World Title isn't broken up, and it's only been basically a month or two since the old belt was tossed. I wish they at least destroyed the belt or modified or something, but it looks like the belt usually did: shined up and respectful. The title is dead and buried. Grumble...

heck EY looks much better with the old title than what jeff is wearing...

seriously if u put EY and jeff in the ring with the belts, you would think that EY is the heavyweight champ and jeff the diva champ

I really could care less about this. Eric Young has been a joke in TNA for quite some time now, and him pretending to be the TNA World Heavyweight Champion is just silly. I don't think it's funny, and this angle won't help Young get a push. TNA might stick with this for a little while. Young will continue to act like a goofball, and he will be the highlight on Impact as far as comedy goes.

Again, I really don't care about Eric Young. This angle won't evolve into anything major, so this doesn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back