The Next WCW on rise? TNA vs WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
attila said:
Let me correct you. First of all the numbers you quoted were year end profits not revenue. Second, WWE as I have mentioned earlier in this thread made a lot more money than Panda in the 2005/2006 financial year. But Panda spent $5 billion along with some other power companies to build a new powerplant. The fact that they spent such large amounts and still returned a profit is huge.

Furthermore, understand that Panda and WWE are more than one year old. A year of revenue means nothing. WWE was almost bankrupt in 1996, while Panda was at its apex. Over the years both companies have accumulated wealth. When you look at all the assets of both companies and the all the years upon years of revenue, you will see that Panda is by far much larger than the WWE. Name a single multinational Utilities company that would be smaller than the WWE - its not even a plausible contention. Power is big business!! Everyone uses it and no matter what, there is more money in it than there is in wrestling. Its a very simple thing.

The numbers I stated were Revenue not profits. Revenue and Profits are different, costs decrease profits, the revenue stay the same.

DeathIsARight said:
The numbers I stated were Revenue not profits. Revenue and Profits are different, costs decrease profits, the revenue stay the same.

No shit Einstein. Thank-you, I never went to elementary school. Again, the numbers you quoted are PROFITS!!!! The revenues for both companies were much larger. Check hoovers.com for complete financial reports. You will need to signup as a member to see the reports in full.

As for Panda Energy spending on TNA. I am the one that made the comment that was referred to as "oh, i dont know, what's to know, its common sense". All I said was that "IF" TNA made money and was in a promising position, that Panda would be much more willing to spend. What you all are saying is completely illogical. If TNA is making money, what justification is there for not spending on it. Its not like TNA will distract Panda from its main business concerns.

All multinational companies have a share in small ventures, Newscorp for instance owns something like 50 small companies, which contribute to less less than 5% of the company's total earnings. Newscrop still does not neglect nor abondon or ignore them. If A RETURN ON INVESTMENT is evident and a likely outcome of spending, it would be negligable not to spend. Think logically. No matter how little the contributions of TNA are in the total holistic scheme of things - it is nonetheless more money, more money.

ok two things. vince invests more in wrestling than panda energy and second even if tna had more money, look at how vince beat ted turner. face it, wwe has the advantage is almost everything besides the whole x division. ppl who say tna would get guys like bret hart(who cant wrestle anymore) and rock who does movies and would obviously only come back to wwe, are morons.

cmiller9291 said:
ok two things. vince invests more in wrestling than panda energy and second even if tna had more money, look at how vince beat ted turner. face it, wwe has the advantage is almost everything besides the whole x division. ppl who say tna would get guys like bret hart(who cant wrestle anymore) and rock who does movies and would obviously only come back to wwe, are morons.

I agree with you 110%. Which is why I made mention of what I wrote as a possibility. And as for Vince beating Ted Turner, it was different time and a different era in wrestling. With the things that Vince has done recently, I have to ask the question, "Is Vince out of touch with the fans?" Beyond that WCW failed because of politics - its as simple as that.

Hogan hogging the title is politics. Hogan (and others) having creative control over their characters is politics. Hogan undermining Bret Hart is politics. The young guys being cut off from pushes despite being over with the fans is politics. Bischoff being fired and never allowed to write the shows, even after returning as an on-air personality is politics. Bischoff pissing away WCW's money is politics (and if rumours of Bischoff sabotaging WCW in order to acquire it are to be believed, that is fkn politics), Kevin Nash handed creative power as the head WCW booker is politics. Vince Russo being fired/rehired every two months is politics. Benoit/Guerrero/Malenko/Douglas/Saturn leaving WCW is politics. Ric Flair being held down when he was the only guy that could put over the future is politics. Time Warner using its standards and practices card to undermine the WCW product is politics. Time Warner cutting off WCW is politics. Time Warner taking WCW's TV spot away from Eric Bischoff (despite the fact that even after a ratings drop, it was still one of the highest rating shows on TNT) after the sale agreement is politics. Politics - from the locker-room to the boardroom.

The amount of bullshit that was going down in that company was incredible. Enron is the most politically and ethically moral company I have ever known by comparison. If it wasnt for all this bullshit holding back WCW and keeping it from ever recovering, Vince would not be anywhere near the position he is enjoys today.

you cant compare WWE worst wrestling ever to TNA total nonstop action tna is better than wwe in everything except presentation of the show tna has real wrestling and more talented wreslers. That guy is stupid dvon was never a referee and gail kim was never in wcw ron killings was never in ecw I mean what is this guy talking about obviously nothing. Plus WWE has no class by making the eddie guererro remark after he died they were going to make a dvd on bret hart called the self destruction until they went with ultimate warrior instead they dont let wrestlers wrestle anyhting near thier full potential and they are filled with a bunch of pretty boy body builders in squash matches WWE worst wrestling ever the only thing that sucks about tna is don west but the king is not much better either

TNA has become pretty much WCW... If you look around, they pretty much have the same guys - outside of the wrestlers.

WcW is gone thank god it was worst thAN wwe PLUS tna ANIT GONNA ABE NOTHING! UNTIL 2010

attila said:
No shit Einstein. Thank-you, I never went to elementary school. Again, the numbers you quoted are PROFITS!!!! The revenues for both companies were much larger. Check hoovers.com for complete financial reports. You will need to signup as a member to see the reports in full.

As for Panda Energy spending on TNA. I am the one that made the comment that was referred to as "oh, i dont know, what's to know, its common sense". All I said was that "IF" TNA made money and was in a promising position, that Panda would be much more willing to spend. What you all are saying is completely illogical. If TNA is making money, what justification is there for not spending on it. Its not like TNA will distract Panda from its main business concerns.

All multinational companies have a share in small ventures, Newscorp for instance owns something like 50 small companies, which contribute to less less than 5% of the company's total earnings. Newscrop still does not neglect nor abondon or ignore them. If A RETURN ON INVESTMENT is evident and a likely outcome of spending, it would be negligable not to spend. Think logically. No matter how little the contributions of TNA are in the total holistic scheme of things - it is nonetheless more money, more money.

GOOD LORD! I can read! The numbers said REVENUE NOT PROFITS! :icon_rolleyes:

http://www.hoovers.com/world-wrestling-entertainment/--ID__47854--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

http://www.hoovers.com/panda-energy/--ID__60388--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

Consider yourself PAWND! I stated revenue and your little site proved it!

FYI, Panda is a private company that is NOT traded on the NYSE, WWE is public.

BenUssR said:
TNA has no money source thus they cannot compete with the WWE in some time, they're ratings are from from competition and perhaps if TNA was around a decade ago, half those WCW stars you mentioned would be worth something.

Are TNA not owned by Panda Energy? Are they not worth Millions of Dollars? They fronted the cash for Sting didnt they? TNA have the ability to have the money they have the right backing, they just wont throw money at TNA the way Turner did with WCW.

Buff bagwell and Lex luger are coming to TNA- Yup, they both suck.

Vince Russo - Same man who put the 1800-Call-Collect guy...
Team 3D hasn't contributed to pro wrestling in almost a decade.
Jeff Jarrett- Triple H like in his domination of the title.
Stinger- All talk, no ability in the ring these days.
BG James aka Road Dogg- Drugee

Kevin Nash- Ooops, I tore a ligament
Konann- Same man who makes me hate the rolling clothesline. He's sucked for years.
KIP GAMES aka Billy Gunn aka Mr.ASS- Was pushed to the moon in the WWE, proved why he should never be pushed again as well.

Scott Steiner- Roids.. Nuff' said.

xPAC- Signed written contract with another company.
JEFF HARDY- WWE
HULK HOGAN- Wont be coming back anytime soon.

KURT ANGLE- Will never, I said NEVER come to TNA in his career. He's to close to vince.
SCOTT HALL- Hall is a joke.
CHRIS MASTERS- Joke.

I Bolded two out there, first The Dudleys done nothing in Wrestling for over a Decade? Okay let me start by first off posting this, its their Title History from Obsessed With Wrestling...

# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Perry Saturn & John Kronus (March 15, 1997);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Perry Saturn & John Kronus (June 20, 1997);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating New Jack & Mustafa Saed (August 17, 1997);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Rob Van Dam & Sabu (October 24, 1998);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Masato Tanaka & Balls Mahoney (November 13, 1998);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Rob Van Dam & Sabu (March 21, 1999);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Spike Dudley & Balls Mahoney (August 13, 1999);
# ECW Tag Team titles defeating Spike Dudley & Balls Mahoney (August 26, 1999);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating Billy Gunn & Roaddog (February 27, 2000);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating Edge & Christian (January 21, 2001);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating Edge & Christian (March 19, 2001);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho (June 21, 2001);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating The Undertaker & Kane (August 30, 2001);
# WCW Tag Team titles defeating Matt & Jeff Hardy (October 26, 2001 - Smackdown!);
# WWF Tag Team titles defeating Matt & Jeff Hardy (November 18, 2001 - Unified WCW & WWF Tag Titles);
# (WWE) World Tag Team titles defeating William Regal & Lance Storm (January 19, 2003 - Royal Rumble);
# (WWE) World Tag Team titles defeating Rene Dupree & Sylvian Grenier (September 31, 2003 - Unforgiven);
# WWE Tag Team titles defeating Charlie Haas & Rico (June 17, 2004 - Smackdown!);

They are quite possibly the most decorated Tag Team in the history of Pro Wrestling, and each and every one of their Accomplishments have come within the last decade. They helped create one of the most popular matches in History (TLC). How you can say they have done nothing for Pro Wrestling in over a Decade is almost laughable.

Also Angle, never say never, surely people have learned that over the years in Pro Wrestling? They do less shows, and weather people want to admit it or not are a company on the rise, and will eventually compete with the WWE in some way, shape or form.

And saying that Russo started the Monday Night Wars is laughable. Lex Luger began it and Bischoff began his programs by giving away WWF storylines. So yeah...

Your right Russo didnt start the Monday Night Wars, but he played a big part in swaying the War in the favor of the WWE.

Yeah I kinda thought his claims were pretty laughable. I didnt even bother by making a comment. Looks like someone needs to know the facts before shoting their mouth off.

BenUssR said:
Argh...

Children children children. Use complete sentences, get off the caps locks and PLEASE use the proper spelling of "You, isn't, and I."

TNA has no money source thus they cannot compete with the WWE in some time, they're ratings are from from competition and perhaps if TNA was around a decade ago, half those WCW stars you mentioned would be worth something.

Buff bagwell and Lex luger are coming to TNA- Yup, they both suck.

Team 3D hasn't contributed to pro wrestling in almost a decade.
Jeff Jarrett- Triple H like in his domination of the title.
Stinger- All talk, no ability in the ring these days.
BG James aka Road Dogg- Drugee

Kevin Nash- Ooops, I tore a ligament
Konann- Same man who makes me hate the rolling clothesline. He's sucked for years.
KIP GAMES aka Billy Gunn aka Mr.ASS- Was pushed to the moon in the WWE, proved why he should never be pushed again as well.

Scott Steiner- Roids.. Nuff' said.

xPAC- Signed written contract with another company.
JEFF HARDY- WWE
HULK HOGAN- Wont be coming back anytime soon.

KURT ANGLE- Will never, I said NEVER come to TNA in his career. He's to close to vince.SCOTT HALL- Hall is a joke.
CHRIS MASTERS- Joke.

And saying that Russo started the Monday Night Wars is laughable. Lex Luger began it and Bischoff began his programs by giving away WWF storylines. So yeah...

KURT ANGLE HAS SIGNED TO TNA

kurt-angle said:
now i know that i should post this thread in tna forum but hey isnt wcw related to wwe? i think tna is next wcw as they have half of wwe like WCW had back then and when WCW signed Vince Russo then a war broke out is this the time? wwe vs tna coming now?

i actually hate tna very much but hey face the facts:

Buff bagwell and Lex luger are coming to TNA (WCW STARS)
christian is in TNA (FORMER WWE STAR)
Jim cornette (FORMER WWE MANAGER AND WRESTLER IN 1970's)
Vince Russo (Attitude Era writer and Former wwe head creative team member)
D-von Dudley (Former WWE star and referee)
Bubba Ray Dudley (Former Star)
Spike Dudley (former Star and Trainer)
Jeff Jarret (Former WWE Star)
Stinger (Former WCW Star)
Rhyno (Former WWE & WCW & ECW Superstar)
BG James aka Road Dogg (Former WCW & WWE Star)
Christy Hemmy (fORMER WWE DIVA)
Gail Kim (Former WCW & WWE Diva)
James Mitchell (Former ECW Star)
Kevin Nash (Former WCW & WWE Star)
Konann (Former WCW Star)
KIP GAMES aka Billy Gunn aka Mr.ASS (Former WWE Star)
Raven (Former WCW & ECW & WCW Star)
Scott Steiner (Former WCW and WWE Star)
Ron Killings (Former ECW Star)

BEFORE THESE STARS WERE ALSO THERE:
xPAC
JEFF HARDY
HULK HOGAN (NOT THERE BUT HE SIGNED A DEAL)

THESE GUYS CAN BE IN TNA:
KURT ANGLE
LEX LUGER
BUFF BAGWELL
SCOTT HALL
CHRIS MASTERS
BILLY KIDMAN

ERIC BISHOFF

SO I THINK TNA IS COMING AS THE NEXT WCW AND IN JUST ABOUT A YEAR WE ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS TNA VS WWE
AGREE?
WHAT DO U THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN? WHAT SHOULD TNA DO? WHAT SHOULD WWE DO? RUSSO IS HE GOING TO DO SOMETHING? DISCUSS THE WAR WHICH WILL BE A REMAKE OF WWE VS WCW

TNA VS WCW AFTER VINCE RUSSO GETS IN TNA
TNA JUST NEEDS TO GET A BIG WWE NAME LIKE BRET OR ROCK IN THERE AND THE WAR WILL BEGIN..........

actually you forgot "The Franchise" Shane Douglas (former WWE, ECW, and WCW star)

DeathIsARight said:
How about we just drop this and call a truce? Sound good?

Yeah sounds good.

P.S. I would like to remind everyone here that this is absolutely 100% not gay. LMAO hahaha.

BenUssR said:
Argh...

KURT ANGLE- Will never, I said NEVER come to TNA in his career. He's to close to vince.

So yeah...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Mr.Intelligence has no idea what he's talking about. LOL. Man, you came and you posted your bright response, and insisted on acting as if you knew exactly what you were talking about. Let me tell you something, I am a long time fan of the wrestling BUSINESS. I have watched WWE as long as I can remember but I will admit right now that there is now officially competition on the rise. Vince McMahon is not a happy man at this point and time, but he'll get over it.

Kurt Angle jumping ship to TNA has changed the game DRASTICALLY. With Kurt Angle in TNA this will spark interest in other big name stars in pro wrestling to follow his lead. Kurt left WWE because he wasn't given the role he wanted, which was as the champ. He wanted to lead the company, and Vince didn't want that. TNA will be glad to have him as their Champion. TNA will be glad to have him run the show, and I find Kurts timing to be perfect due to many wrestler in TNA getting fed up with Jarret as the lead man. Jarret will step aside, and let Kurt Angle do his thing. Kurt can easily go to TNA now and state how he's beaten everyone in the WWE, and that he is clearly the best wrestler in the business (yes, I know it's fake). I will not be surprised to see Jericho come next, and then benoit, and then Goldberg. You may not think so, and all the power to ya, but wait and see.

TNA will have a boost in ratings IMMEDIATELY. This is the best thing that could have happened to the wrestling business. WWE will now be putting on better shows and even possibly get rid of the seperate brands. TNA will now feel a bit more confident and may begin to find direction, aswell as maybe branch away from the "Impact Zone" (eventually). This is the beginning of TNA vs WWE.... whether you like it or not. I'm not saying TNA is gonna win, but for you to state the mass difference in money between the WWE and TNA is a joke, and shows your lack of knowledge in the history of pro wrestling. WCW had ALLLLLL the money in the world at one point.... Vince couldn't hold a candle to the money Ted Turner and WCW had to offer, so don't even think that this is gonna be the deciding factor... because it wont be. The deciding factor in this situation is gonna come down to management, talent realtions, proper pushes, good storyline, and patience. Thank you TNA for making me interested in wrestling again. I'll be watching Moday Night Raw still, I never watch Smackdown... and I'm down with checking out TNA on Thursdays now... again... Thank you TNA.

Peace

BenUssR said:
Argh...

Children children children. Use complete sentences, get off the caps locks and PLEASE use the proper spelling of "You, isn't, and I."

lol

TNA NEEDS EITHER A MID-CARD TITLE OR DO SOMETHING WITH THE X-D TITLE.

Sabin, Christian, Raven, Abyss, Truth, Rhino ect.. All need to be in some title rotation to keep them fresh!

Sting will be NWA champ. Jarrett will pull out of the title mix for a while and Christian, Rhino, Angle Abyss, Joe will all be in that mix!
I promise!

I can honestly see JJ taking a small break for a month or so!

TNA has so many options now I really cant predict what is going to happen anymore!!

If TNA wants to die sooner then they can go right on a head and try. If TNA wants to die later then when they are ready to die they can go right on ahead. WWE will beat TNA no matter when this "war" starts.

I love wrestling and yes Kirt angle has just signed up for TNA!!! there's some stuff i hate about wrestling that they promote the crappiest wrestlers now adays such as the Big Show he wasn't really that good the only reason he's there cause of he's height. Jeff jerrett white boy that can't wrestler all he can do is smash the guitar at someone's head. All those crappy wrestlers with the biggest name in wrestling history. I mean there's better wrestlers then that. They should promote CM Punk as the new champion not the big show! Now a days the wrestling is fucked up

G-Money said:
If TNA wants to die sooner then they can go right on a head and try. If TNA wants to die later then when they are ready to die they can go right on ahead. WWE will beat TNA no matter when this "war" starts.

It started last night and TNA laid some shock and Awe on the wrestling world. Then Vince missed tonight and laid a self inflected blow...

Now I am Totally against WWE
Now that Kurt Angle The Wrestling Machine is in TNA so i like tna better hah suck it wwe

This Feels Like WCW inside Really read it:

“Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise • not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time • but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do • real wrestling • and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.” • Kurt Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back