Will the WWE ever buy TNA?

IF it were to fold, there is no benefit for him (at least not currently). I was always WWF over WCW, and now I'm currently WWE over TNA, but you can not deny that WWF was a better product when it had a rival. I'm not saying "Bring back the attitude era!" I'm saying, bring back the competition. Give Vince something to be afraid of. I really don't like TNA, but I try to watch at least part of it every week because I want to like it (though I really do disagree with their need to make Flair bleed every week.) It's nice to be able to watch 2 different companies without having to flip back and forth between the channels on the same night, but that's exactly the issue. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but TNA needs to get out of Universal Studios and go live weekly. Like I said before, I don't really like them, but I want them to succeed for the sake of both companies so that Vince doesn't have to buy them out.

And if he were to buy them out, I hope it's not announced publicly. I feel he should have not mentioned the acquisition of WCW and kept it running as its own brand. The Invasion would have made more sense that way. Yes, I realize the logistics of the same company running two programs in the exact same time slot on Monday nights is COMPLETELY illogical, but if it wasn't made public, then no one would know, we wouldn't have a roster split (at least not in terms of Raw/SD), and there wouldn't be two world champions in the same company.

I honestly don't see TNA getting bought by WWE anytime soon and for two reasons. The first reason is because WWE does not see them as a thread. TNA Impact can't even compete with Smackdown at the moment, let alone Raw. They tried starting a second ratings war and had to surrender. TNA won't be legit competition until they can compete with both shows. Even if they merged with ROH it still wouldn't make them big enough. The second reason is due to monopoly issues. Without TNA, WWE would have a true monopoly in the pro wrestling industry. WWE are not about to put themselves in that position. There needs to be a second alternative, even if it clearly inferior to the product it's an alternative to.

TNA would have to do a lot to get Vince to buy them. Everybody talks about WWE and TNA being rivals but let me put it this way, WWE is TNA's rivals but I think UFC is WWE's rivals. UFC always gets better ratings. Vince doesn't give a rat's ass about TNA. Now if TNA does a lot of improving within the next ten years and were able to compete with WWE and make the same amount money as they do to where TNA is a serious threat. I don't think it will happen but you never know, things change a lot in the world of pro wrestling.

No, Vince will never buy TNA. TNA isn't legitimate competition to the WWr, there's no need for Vince to spring the cash to buy it. TNA will fold anyway, TNA is just another Vince doesn't acknowledge and never will. The money involved wouldn't be the issue, but rather, what to do with TNA. Vince certainly wouldn't need most of it, he might take a few wrestlers but that's be it, what's the point? If he wants a few wrestlers he doesn't have to buy an entire company. The only thing I can ever see Vince buying is the video library down the road when TNA folds. He'd use it to showcase former WWE talent in TNA in there HOF induction videos or something, maybe a DVD. Vince doesn't need to buy TNA, never did, never will.

Buying WCW was a good move for WWE for more reasons than one- they got all the video footage- which is the big money maker. You dont buy the company for their wrestlers or TV deal, if ur the WWE, you buy them for their "history".

I dont see anyone doing anything significant in TNA anyways, but remember with WCW, lots of guys got their starts there, and during the nWo reign, people flocked to see it, so it made sense for WWE to buy that.

No one will buy footage that barely draws anyone.

Buying WCW was a good move for WWE for more reasons than one- they got all the video footage- which is the big money maker. You dont buy the company for their wrestlers or TV deal, if ur the WWE, you buy them for their "history".

I dont see anyone doing anything significant in TNA anyways, but remember with WCW, lots of guys got their starts there, and during the nWo reign, people flocked to see it, so it made sense for WWE to buy that.

No one will buy footage that barely draws anyone.

I would still buy TNA for their footage... If they weren't putting out "Asylum Years" & other collections while they're still dying.

As for roster, half the decent guys are ex-WWE (or WCW, etc.) anyway.

I sure hope not, I would rather have Vince Russo than Vince McMahon any day. If I liked McMahon's product I would watch it, but I don't. TNA surely has its faults, but I enjoy TNA and like the small time feel of the company. TNA seems to care more about the fans and does things like giving away DVD's at the Impact Zone. Look for hell to freeze over the day WWE gives a DVD away for free. TNA gives the fans a lot of access to the wrestlers, offering in ring meet & greets, autograph signings and meals with wrestlers with VIP packages. If WWE took over it would just become another RAW or Smackdown and become part of the WWE Machine, loosing its identity completely.

For you smarks that are waiting for TNA to go bankrupt, don't hold your breath. Remember, this is Dixie's "toy" and Mommy and Daddy are financing it. The company is part of Panda Energy and is such a small part of Panda it doesn't matter if it looses money. If Dixie wants to play with her toy Mommy & Daddy will let her. As long as TNA is on TV it will remain alive and well. Spike's average viewership for all its shows is under 1,000,000 people, so I don't think TNA has any worry about getting kicked off Spike. TNA has higher ratings than WWE in Europe, so TV is strong there. The only way TNA is going away is if Dixie gets bored with it and I dont think that's going to happen.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I agree this point nah its not worth his time really like someone above said the money wouldnt matter to him... but i think if vince ever wanted to shake things up big big time down the line then my answer would be hmm dont count it out.

I can see why many would say it wouldn't be worth the money, etc... But some would've said the same about ECW, & even after WWE ruined that for many of its fans, TNA did "Hard(core) Justice" & now "EV 2.0", so I guess it goes back to that wrestling maxim of "Never say never".

When I first saw this thread, my first thought was 'Vince would pobably try and get a similar deal as he did with WCW, purchase a few wrestlers and all video rights'.

But then I thought about it a bit more. This could only happen if TNA were to fold. (which is unlikely, but also irrelevent to my point). Look at the TNA roster, most of them are former WWE guys. Fat, lazy, sloppy, former WWE guys at that. The only one worth watching (especially if it was part of a WWE dvd) would be Kurt Angle, because he is still at the same level he was when he was with WWE. Hell, the guy cul wrestle a broom and still have a damn good match!
But look at his fueds in TNA. Styles? Jarrett? Sting? Joe? Would the market that WWE is catering for really be interested in watching them? Would young WWE fans even know who they were? Especially if TNA were to go out of business?

Bottom line is that there is really nothing that would benefit WWE in any substancial way if they were to ever purchase TNA, so they never will.

I must say I see some irony in this idea, looking @ it now.

Much of the people I find watchable in TNA now are the people that I became fans of/realized in WWE. (Not just Champs like Hardy, but guys like "Anderson" & Morgan.) Likewise, were it to fold, many of the guys I would find watchable (outside of those who have been with Vince before) are names "made" for me by TNA (Styles, the Guns. etc.), but only the ones that I am aware of right this second.

I am sure there are many that are being held-back/under the names I've known for years in TNA, & they would probably have no better chance to be seen (nor would I care) if Vince suddenly controlled their contracts.

I think the owners of TNA would rather see it die than see it exploited on WWE TV, like they did with ECW. However, if TNA were to die, you'd see a shitload of people jumping ship to WWE instead of fall back into the indies.

You'd see a lot of the major players in TNA jump ship, the younger guys head back to the indies, and/or FCW, and you'd see seriously older guys like Flair, Hogan, and Bischoff finally hanging up the tights, and retiring, something each of them needed to do at LEAST 10 years ago.

I dont think he would be allowed the chance, to be honest.

I think the Carter's(who own TNA) are so stuck in the mentality that this is their daughters baby, and they're going to let her run with it, that they wouldnt sell even if a monumental offer came through. I believe that Dixie is content with having a company that she pays well and are generally happy, and as long as that's the case, I don't see her actual investment in the actual product. Im not saying she doesn't care if it fails or succeeds, but her primary interest is in the welfare of her wrestlers. So as long as they believe there's a viable use for the company, then no, I cant see them selling. With Panda Energy owning the company, i believe that it will take a lot more then money thrown at the company for them to sell. Again, I see this as Dixie "pet project", so as long as she sees it as viable, no matter what money they hemorrage, I dont see her selling.

I don't think Vince would buy it but not for the same reasons everyone else is saying. I don't think he'll buy it because he genuinely would rather see TNA succeed. Ratings were at an all time high during the Monday Night Wars and I know for a fact Vince would love to be able to pull in numbers like that again. But the only way for that to happen is for TNA to actually become competition to WWE. I know most of you will say his ego's too big for that or he doesn't even care about TNA. But look back at what he did with ECW in the 90's. Putting it on RAW weeks before their first PPV and I remember hearing that Paul Heyman actually got checks from WWE at various times. Vince was trying to help a fledgling company because he figured if going up against WCW is bringing in such hype and ratings what if I could raise ECW to our level? How much more hype and ratings could wrestling draw with 3 major companies? Unfortunately that never happened as both companies failed miserably in the end. But since that time, interest in wrestling as slowly gone down over the years. One of the reasons is because many fans see WWE as their only real option whether it's through blind allegiance or other reasons. Actual competition would bring back the drama and excitement people used to have during the MNW. Competition creates controversy and controversy creates cash. And that's all the Vince really cares about in the end, making more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back