Will the WWE ever buy TNA?

danny_the_legend_killer

Occasional Pre-Show
Right a rather simple question here I think, will vince ever splash the cash to buy the main rivals of wwe even though tna are years behind wwe and tna is argued to be like the next wcw based of the fact that the company was started by a former WWE wrestler and employs what is mainly former WWE wrestlers and staff and out of all it's world champions, only three of them haven't been WWE wrestlers. In truth, TNA is the new WCW, swarming the WWE like vultures, waiting for the moment to swoop down and take stuff that WWE discards. Because of this most of TNA's talent are old fucks who injure themselves by walking.

so do you ever see vince buying tna or based on whats just said him not bothering to buy tna because he doesnt see them as a threat ?

I don't think it would happen any tome soon just because the old fucks don't bring in any ratings the only good talent on the show are aj and Samoa who i might say is being used like shit if tna are ever going to be bought out by wwe they would have ratings in the 4.0 and have home grown talent:suspic:

I actually had a dream about this like month ago. Hogan and Bischoff just started to run the company really bad and they were all against idea of selling to WWE and they'd rather sink the whole company but eventually WWE bought TNA. So to answer your question i'm really really reaaally sure that in next few years WWE will buy TNA.

Yes, but not like they did by purchasing WCW.

If the TNA product remains consistant to what it is today, TNA will fold. I don't think TNA has enough of the talent for Vince to want to purchase TNA as a whole. I do think however, that he might pick up some (but very few) of the talent, and purchase the TNA video library so he can make money with DVDs such as "The Rise and Fall of TNA", "Life of Sting" etc.

I'd say no. TNA is worthless.
would be a waste of money to the WWE machine

I also don't think TNA is there main rival, sure if you are only talking about wrestling based entertainment.
MMA is WWE's main rival atm.

vince wouldn't waste his time nor his hard earned cash on something like TNA. the "main rivals" to WWE would be monday night football not TNA. for vince to even acknowledge TNA something major would have to happen in TNA. Considering the fact that TNA have signed Hogan and Flair and still can't pull ratings to compete with anybody i doubt that's going to happen...

The only way I could see Vince buying TNA is if it begins to become a genuine rival to WWE and is still losing money, because it would eliminate all his challengers once again.

Vince could buy TNA tomorrow, and not even notice the dent in his wallet. It wouldnt cost that much, but he hasnt bothered because he does not see them as a threat to the WWE's dominance, and to be honest it is unlikely that they will ever be, unless some dramatic changes are met and wrestling becomes the "IN" thing again.

TNA is not WCW. It's not that big. VKM could buy it tomorrow and turn it into the stage between FCW and WWE, which might not be a bad idea. TNA is less valuable than WCW, because aside from the video license on guys like Sting and Angle, it lacks the assests. Remember, most of what VKM paid for with WCW was the video catalogue, not the people.

On the talent side, again TNA fairs worse than WCW. WCW had old farts who had maybe a year left to draw - viable short term investments (ironically once again sting heads the list), also some reasonable size midcarders, who were used to Eric and Russo BS and thus perfect fits with the E. Watching TNA, you see on the whole smaller guys and guys who are struggling to cope with Eric and Terry generated BS. Indie style guys like Samoa Joe, Shelley, Sabin and Kaz would get buried in the E, so don't make the product attractive.

Moving up, Anderson was fired for being an injury risk, Jeff Hardy is a risk to himself and others and RVD is still a lazy ass pot head. And could anyone see Abyss on a PG programme? Only AJ (if he loose the southern accent) or Matt Morgan would have a chance in WWE. But this does not added to a value for money investment.

Could VKM buy TNA? Of course. Does he need to? No, they're still irrelevant. Will he end up acquiring the useful pieces when either the company files for Ch.11 or stars like AJ get fed up doing stupid shit for peanuts? More than likely.

The thing that cracks me up is that most of the people posting here are a bunch of blowhard know it alls, you people don't have a single clue how any of these companies really run to be an expert on who is going to fold and when they are going to fold. In my honest opinion, I really don't see TNA doing anything close to what WWE is doing numbers wise. And here's why, Vince changed everything once again with wrestling when he bought WCW, much like he dissolved the territory system with his expansion plans in the eighties, he changed things even more with the Brand Extension. Much like the MLB has the AL and NL and NFL has AFC and NFC, WWE has RAW and SmackDown, which leaves today's audience with something different as opposed to the WCW days where you had two distinct and different entities.

I see TNA operating just fine much in the way the Arena Football League ran independently from the NFL, without any real problems. Obviously no one even bothers to look at Arena Football as being anywhere near the AFL but it still has a small but loyal audience. Of course in the case of TNA many get disappointed, but what do you really expect from guys like Flair and Hogan that are beyond the age of seriously competing and solid but unproven talents in the wrestling business that don't have anywhere near the marketing and name recognition that the legends have. You can only blame Flair and Hogan for so much, these guys might be masters at their game as showmen and performers, but that doesn't mean that they know the marketing end of things.

So for all the haters quit whining and stop looking for TNA's pulse to drop, they might be around longer than you think and in fact they've been around almost a decade, that's a lot more encouraging than operations like the XWF and World Wrestling All Stars lasted. And for those that can't shut up about how piss poor TNA is, here's some advice trolls, go ask the bank for a business loan and give running a promotion a try.

That is why I think TNA has a harder time pulling in numbers is because people see wrestling a certain way these days and I can't blame them for that, WWE is the gold standard and they are wrestling for all intents and purposes.

At this present point, no. In the future, maybe.

It's obvious that the wwe officials are waiting to see if TNA goes bankrupt. It's a likely chance really, I mean look at how many top names they're signing. If TNA stand tall and gain popularity switftly, the WWE will make a move. If not, they'll just wait until they go bankrupt and close down.

it really wouldnt benifit vince to buy tna at this point. people who dont like vinceand the e watch tna just to have the alternative. now if somehow he could keep this purchase a %100 secret even from the smarks and so forth. he could slowly start to build it into his own competition. pump alittle money into having a real show and have tna on the road and not jus the impact zone and a little into production value. even bring into the mix some "homegrown" talent from wwes developmental territories and then he can make a run at going head to head with himself. sounds far fetched i know, but could happen and he could do it by pulling the wool over our eyes and we wouldnt ever know what was going on and buy right into it

I have to say that I sincerely hope not and obviously at this point any opiion is based on hypotheticals. But whilst I am not the biggest TNA fan ( I watch weekly but feel constantly let down) it does provide a place for the out of contract WWE wrestlers to go to. Even if the Impact zone is the place to see a drug using Jeff Hardy, an ageing Ric Flair who blades in every single match but is still an enigma on the microphone, a meaningless version of the elite of ECW and wrestlers like Angle and Styles, who really do belong on the biggest wrestling stage rather than wrestling in front of a mix of overly intrusive fans and holiday vacationers. TNA does mean I can still watch these guys on a weekly basis. And as a wrestling fan, the worst thing that has happened to the industry in the last few decades was McMahon's purchase and closure of WCW. So for now, I pray that there is at least some kind of 'competition' to the WWE.

I dont think he'll buy it outright, since its not worth as much as WCW or ECW, and even the video library wouldnt bring in the cash like Wcw's does.

It would be smarter for him to just throw out more lucritive contracts to the young/talented guys, and just roster rape them, and let the old guys like Sting,Hogan,nash etc just get all the attention for themselves WITHOUT the young guys. Thats what they want anyway.

I think this is the best thing Vince could do.

i always wanted this to happen sometime, just for fantasy thoughts. vince could buy it without out it leaking out, and one day a heel main eventer(or a heel turn) can cut a promo saying, "theres a show on spike every thursday at 9." people are like what? he says "its a wrestling show, THE wrestling show, and its called TNA, and thats where im going." and thats how they get people to know about it. a big guy like randy orton or chris jericho.

If and when TNA actually folds, I could see Vince buying their tape library to add to their video on demand services, for DVD purposes and possibly to use on there proposed wrestling channel.

And while maybe they would consider purchasing some of the contracts of select restlers, it would be nothing like what happened years ago with WCW.

If WWE bought out TNA they would end up dropping every talent from TNA except afew. They would work AJ and Kaz into WWE's PG rating, Robert Roode would become the new Million Dollar Man. Vince would bring Hogan and Flair back just to fire them. Jay Lethal would be brought in and be tag teaming with R-Truth to become the new 'Harlem Heat' type tag team. I see the MMG to help in the Tag Team division. Most of the TNA roster is past PG and can not be used by WWE without going back to the Attitude Era.

Now WWE would buy TNA more to sell off everything and put the entire TNA Video library online and for sale just like they did with the WCW Video library and use it to this day.

it really wouldnt benifit vince to buy tna at this point. people who dont like vinceand the e watch tna just to have the alternative. now if somehow he could keep this purchase a %100 secret even from the smarks and so forth. he could slowly start to build it into his own competition. pump alittle money into having a real show and have tna on the road and not jus the impact zone and a little into production value. even bring into the mix some "homegrown" talent from wwes developmental territories and then he can make a run at going head to head with himself. sounds far fetched i know, but could happen and he could do it by pulling the wool over our eyes and we wouldnt ever know what was going on and buy right into it

it won't happen. vince's ego is far to big to do something like that. if he bought it, you can bet it will all be disassembled in a matter of months.

I honestly don't think he will. It really is a completly different situation than WCW. I just don't think Vince wants TNA. The main reason being that he already has more main roster guys than he can use, in addition to all of FCW. The only way Vince would buy TNA is if Bob Carter called him up and offered to sell it to him just to get it off his hands. Unfortunatly, an invasion angle wouldnt work either. Except for A J Styles, every single top guy in TNA right now used to be in the WWE. When Dixie first bought controlling rights from Jarrett she paid him $350,000. Thats about as much as a top guy would make for one match at Wrestlemania. Jim Cornette has said that Bob Carter has sunk $30,000,000 into TNA in the last four years. Vince McMahon is worth twenty times that, so he could easily buy it if he wanted. He just doesn't need it. The most I could see him doing is offering contracts to 7 or 8 guys and bringing them in as a new stable.

If TNA ever dies, I do think that Vince will buy TNA. I enjoy TNA though, I just don't want that to happen anytime soon. But if TNA was to die later, of course Vince will buy it. It won't cost much, and Vince will get advantage of their property.

The reason why I want this is because WWE can take advantage of their videos. If Samoa Joe or AJ Styles ever were to come to WWE, and one day, WWE thinks their worthy of a history video, TNA would obviously be a choice. Names like Kurt Angle also. If they were to ever make a video of Kurt Angle, they obviously need TNA footage.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

TNA is not going out of business. As long as someone in the company wants it to remain independent it will not go under or be sold to the WWE. This thread assumes that what the author says is a bad product is seen by TNA's veiwers as a bad product. Until people stop watching TNA and stop buying the merchandice then TNA will probably be around.

If TNA does go under, I imagine that Vince might put forth an offer for the tape library if nothing else. I don't believe that Vince has any serious ambitions towards purchasing TNA, I may be wrong on that, but it's just a feeling I have. If he did, I imagine that he would've put out an offer already at some point. Even if he did, I doubt very much that Jeff Jarrett would sell his share of the company, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of about 30% according to what I've read but don't hold me to that as nobody has access to TNA's financial records. TNA is Jeff Jarrett's baby but Bob Carter is another matter. Bob Carter is a businessman and if Vince made a large enough offer to buy Carter's share of the company and he accepted, then it wouldn't really matter if Jeff Jarrett went along with what Vince wanted or not as Vince would be the primary shareholder. Jarrett could bitch and moan and scream to the heavens but, ultimately he'd have no real power to speak of.

In my opinion I wouldn't want him to buy TNA, It gives me another company to watch. Why did ppl like WCW? Because it was somethin different from the then WWF. They are competition but not huge competition, like how Wendy's is competition to McDonald's but not that big of a threat. TNA use to have their originality world X cup, Ultimate X division, Six-sided ring, 8 stud card tournament, King of the mountain, Six sides of steel, things like that but they have lost alot of that and Idk why. One of the reasons WWE became famous is cause of their originality, hell in a cell, Ironman match, King of the ring, Took the steel cage match to new heights, The ladder match to new heights, Money in the bank, Elimination chamber, 6 pack challenge, and the list goes on. I like TNA because it use to and kind of still gives us somethin different. But I have a question of my own, if those who don't like TNA and it's never gonna amount to anything above this level, Then how are they gettin your attention?? You are sayin you hate it but you still watch it lol

In my opinion I wouldn't want him to buy TNA, It gives me another company to watch. Why did ppl like WCW? Because it was somethin different from the then WWF. They are competition but not huge competition, like how Wendy's is competition to McDonald's but not that big of a threat. TNA use to have their originality world X cup, Ultimate X division, Six-sided ring, 8 stud card tournament, King of the mountain, Six sides of steel, things like that but they have lost alot of that and Idk why. One of the reasons WWE became famous is cause of their originality, hell in a cell, Ironman match, King of the ring, Took the steel cage match to new heights, The ladder match to new heights, Money in the bank, Elimination chamber, 6 pack challenge, and the list goes on. I like TNA because it use to and kind of still gives us somethin different. But I have a question of my own, if those who don't like TNA and it's never gonna amount to anything above this level, Then how are they gettin your attention?? You are sayin you hate it but you still watch it lol

As far as WWWF/WWF/WWE goes, it's more than just originality, because not everything the promotion has done is 100 per cent original and that's not to speak ill of WWE just stating an observation, besides that goes for most organizations anyway. For instance talent raids from other promotions as well as certain match types from other promotions show that WWE has reinvented the wheel at certain times instead of creating something outright innovative. (i.e. the Ladder Match is not a WWF innovation, it might have been made famous in WWF, but it was in Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling first. and the Iron Man match was actually in WCW before it was ever in WWF.) However I do have to agree that the Hell In A Cell concept was and is truly one of my favorite WWF/E originals, however how profound of an impact the other match types have that you mentioned are very debatable. For instance, Money in the Bank is a fun concept and has generated interest in storylines, but I really wonder if WWE would be all that different without it. After all they still have the Royal Rumble and it's arguable that maybe MITB has diminished some of the luster that the Rumble originally had. In my opinion, what makes this company the gold standard of professional wrestling is not so much originality, which to their credit they have innovated some very vital elements of the business...pay per view events (while I think more than four at this point is ridiculous but it makes the company the ching-ching) and mass marketing are better examples of originality in their product more than anything else, no one shared Vince's vision to make pro wrestling larger than life, and that is something to be admired for those that want to be the best at what they promote. However, that's not to denounce WWE for the concepts they have improved upon and expanded...i.e. the Battle Royal (The Royal Rumble), Ladder Match and Iron Man Match. What sets WWE apart from the rest are those two aforementioned attributes and also the fact that whether you like him or not, Vince McMahon was and is a self made man, this business while I'm disappointed in how much it's changed over the years, is still in this guy's blood and nothing else in the 80s through today (outside of Linda's senate race perhaps) has mattered to him. While I can't agree with every single move he's made in the company, his drive to make people associate professional wrestling/sports entertainment with WWE is because of his desire to be the best.

That's something that other companies that existed in the post-regional days have never seemed to have. Time will tell for TNA though, but like I mentioned in my earlier post, I think TNA can still exist in a post-Monday Night War era, it's just that it's very debatable if fans will ever want to truly have the same competition that many enjoyed so many years ago. I don't see them being bought out anytime soon, and whoever thinks that without any real argument or proof to back up their claim is just being preposterous, since TNA's a privately owned company, we have no way of knowing what their financial situation is, so let's do our best to not assume and just do our best to enjoy the fact that we can watch other wrestling shows.

If TNA were to fold, which I don't see happening at any point in the forseeable future despite my extensive criticisms of their product, I don't see Vince McMahon purchasing the vestiges of the company. I doubt he'd have much interest in a library of their tapes as I personally don't see a lot of value in them. I imagine he'd do an extensive talent raid, salvaging the members on the roster that he still sees value in, such as Styles, MCMG, or whoever else he's interested in, and he'd let the rest of the talent and their extensive video library die.

Let's face it, WWE appears to be currently enjoying a youth movement, a development of up and coming talent (even though they featured Jerry Lawler in a title bout in their main event last night). Right off the bat, this rules out over half of the talent available in TNA. Lots of the remaining guys, Vince would probably not be interested in. He'd take what he wants, if he could, and that would be that.

After Vince bought WCW he said that he wished he had just let it go on as it had only with himself financing it so the wrestlers would have choice and the writers would have to work harder to stay on their game and win the ratings battle. If Vince bought TNA I have a feeling that the only difference in the product would be that Vince would make sure it was funded enough to compete with at least Smackdown so that they would have a stronget product all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back