The Miz's 'main event' future

BK Styles

Certified Nerd
So, most people are really hot on Miz right now. I am too. I think he's brilliant. I've always liked him since his debut, and I think he will be a star of the future, and will soon be a WWE champion.

Or a least, should be...

Not so long ago, MVP pinned Chris Benoit (oh no I said his name!) for the US championship. He then won the WWE tag tem championship with Matt hardy, becoming a double champion. People were literally counting down the days till he broke through to become a main eventer.

Now, does this sound familiar?

I'm not saying it will happen, nor am I saying their careers so far are TOTALLY identical, I'm just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch. I was never that big on MVP, and nowdays he's stuck in the midcard. But he had very similar hype around him then to what Miz has now (admittedly, Miz probably has more).

What do you think? Will Miz break the 'glass cieing'? Or will he be another MVP?

(Admittedly, MVP could still become a M/E guy. I'm just comparing Miz now to MVP when most poeple believed he would be pushed)

The Miz has one thing MVP doesn't. Charisma, and lots and lots of it. He gains heat like you wouldn't believe, he's probably the top mid-card heel. The fact that he's been around the US title so much and for so long has not only done wonders for him, but also for the championship I'd say.

The Miz has the drive to make it to the top, and he won't stop until he does, and it's good for him, as I followed him before he made it to the WWE and was on reality television, and I know he wanted to be a wrestler for a long time and he's finally making it big.

In that matter, I think the Miz has broken the glass ceiling already in that he's done so well for himself since joining the WWE and has held multiple championships. If you haven't noticed, MVP hasn't held a championship since his last US title run I believe.

The Miz is well on his way to the top. As I've said he has the drive to make it. He has the charisma, and he is well over with the fans and is close to breaking through and the Money In the Bank match may just be his push through to the top, who knows.

Sorry, I'm not a Miz fan at all due to his lack of originality. I think he ranks in there with all the other mid carders, and not even at the top of that list. Santino brings more personality and mat skills 10 fold and look what happened to him! I just don't see the Miz as the future of the WWE.:taijiri:

The Miz will definitely break through to the main event scene, as SC was so nice to point out, The Miz has charisma going for him, he connects far better with the crowd as opposed to what I would consider MVP to be doing.

MVP was talented and all, I'm not saying that, but MVP as a face is boring. The Miz on the other side, could probably do a face turn rather well. MVP is a one-trick pony in terms of gimmick, as a heel.

The Miz could easily carry the company, he has the charisma to both be a face as well as a heel, he's also improving vastly and has continued to be doing that for the last two years time. The Miz is paying his dues, he's getting better. Slowly making his way towards the main event scene.

I also would say that The Miz is someone who they can make merchandise sales off. MVP probably couldn't draw half the crowds that WWE is pulling right now, as opposed to what I believe The Miz could probably draw.

The Miz will get there eventually with the main event scene, he hasn't been in WWE for that long, and he simply needs to improve a little bit more. And eventually he'll be up there, and doing well.

The Miz has a better shot at getting to the main event than MVP ever did. The Miz has had serious moment ever since he changed his look and brought on a more serious attitude last summer. When that happened I was just counting down the days until he won the US title. That happened, and of course he also went on to win the Unified Tag Team titles at the same time. Which was fun to see him hold three belts.

Now as the months have gone on The Miz has won himself a second US title, dropped the Tag titles and is now prime to be the favorite (and rightful winner) to win the RAW MITB Ladder Match. If that happens The Miz is literally just one cash in away from stepping up to the next level. Also for his rise to the main event to work effectively he must also be well booked the reigning MITB winner.

As for MVP he had something during his first reign as US champion, and for the few months after he lost it. But then something happened and he went on a losing streak, they turned him face and he has been lackluster ever since. The thing with MVP is he has no desire to improve his game. It just seems like he doesn't care and is content with the everlasting midcard spot he possesses. MVP has much more in common with Carlito than any other superstar. Had something to offer at one point in time, lost their chance and have done fuck all since.

The Miz on the other hand has done nothing but try and improve his in ring ability. He has made vast improvements over the last four years he has been on the WWE roster, and he will only continue to improve. He is also always gold when it comes to cutting a promo, and is among WWE's top mic worker currently. Not to mention being the most over heel in all of the midcard doesn't hurt him either ;)

I can see the Miz in the main event easily. He reminds me a little bit of Jericho, when it comes to mic skills and how good he has been since this time last year on the mic. The Miz needs IMO to tweak his ring skills but thats maybe about all he has to do

The miz has come along ways since his tough enough days in the E. From being a divas search announcer, to a single competitor, to getting a huge push in the tag team mix (with JoMo), to now being one of the biggest heel draw in the wwe today, The Miz is making moves. I personally hated the miz at first but he has grown on me a lot. His mic skills are great, his look has improved tremendously, and his in ring abilities are improving everytime he steps into the ring. In order for him the make it to the main event seen, he needs more credibility. If he can feud with guys like cena, edge, and orton on a main event level ( and win some matches with little to no heel type victories) then there is no reason why the miz cant break through the glass ceiling.

you never know, everyone thinks he has what it takes and for sure he does. but the wwe has dropped the ball before, they waste talent and give titles to scrubs like khali or crackheads like jeff hardy who never deserved titles to begin with.

The Miz is no MVP. Miz has far more charisma than MVP will ever have, and he's mic skills are also better than MVP's. Also, unlike MVP, Miz's matches aren't terrible. The Miz will break through at some point, we just have to give him some time. There's a lot going on on Raw right now. The Nexus invasion, the mystery GM, Sheamus VS Cena, Orton's face turn momentum continues, and Triple H is set to to return soon, so Raw is pretty jammed packed with major storylines and big time feuds at the moment. But if Miz is able to win MITB, then his rise to the top might start sooner than we think.

Im a fan of both guys, but The Miz in my view will be one of the next big time wrestlers, having a huge amount of charisma, his mic skills are top notch and he manages to have people heer him even though he is a heel, plus his in ring skills have improved alot over time and he is exciting to watch in the ring.

He sort of reminds me of a heel John Cena in terms of charisma and being cocky, plus he helped revitalise a ailing tag team division and helped carry that with Chris Jericho. Miz's United States Championship reigns have been very good as well. So The Miz will hit the main event soon enough, and i an see him as a main eventer who will win world titles at some stage and even put new guys over.

3 words, 4 numbers: World Heavyweight Champion, 2011. Where? RAW. See Either Edge or Orton will be traded to SD, then come back with the world championship and trips gets the WWE and goes to SD. Miz is still on RAW but lost the US Championship :disappointed: to Mark henry, MVP, Zack Ryder, or William Regal. He is put in a #1 contenders match againist Cena and is Distracted (Cena is) by Sheamus(the man Cena has been in a rivalry with) and Miz rolls him and wins.

he wins when it is Randy Orton or Edge vs Jericho(if still in WWE, if not it is a singles match) and wins it after a steel chair shot to an oppnent(I dont care if it's spell incorrectly) when the refs view is obstructed. His fate from there for me is unknown.

ok here is the deal.

MVP would have been a future World Champion but 2 things were working against him. His awful finisher, and his face turn. He was very charasmatic as a heel.

On to the Miz. He has unbelievable mic skills but he needs a new finisher. And it wouldn't kill him to be more aggressive in the ring. If he gets that solved he will be a future main eventer....on Smackdown. He just can't hang on RAW

They would have to have it be a big rivalry because the Miz would need a huge push into it, like a money in the bank win or a royal rumble win big. I think hes got good mic skills and is a great heel. Miz vs Bigshow could be possible.

MIZ has the charisma, has the mic skills, and is good in the ring he reminds of CHRISTIAN. CHRISTIAN has the charisma(he is CAPTAIN CHARISMA), he has the best mic skills on SD!(to me CM PUNK is a close second), and hes very good in the ring just like THE MIZ. the only thing that held CHRISTIAN back is VINNIE MAC thought he was to small CHRISTIAN is 6 ft 2 in and 227lbs THE MIZ is 6 ft 1 in and 235lbs. very close. the reason i brought all this up is because people say THE MIZ deserves to be in ME(and i agree) and people said and still say CHRISTIAN deserves to be in the ME and he does. but the only thing thats gonna hurt him is his size. i hope THE MIZ wins the RAW MITB and CHRISTIAN deserves to win the SD!

Miz is destined for a main event push. He has the complete package. He's good in the ring, very charismatic, and he is AMAZING on the mic. There is one obvious difference there between him and MVP, charisma. And I also think that Miz has a better moveset than MVP, MVP had/has a weak finisher that I just can't see putting away a main eventer on Smackdown like the Undertaker, I personally think the Miz has pretty good finishers. Miz would be a great champion and even though it doesn't seem like it, he is very professional outside the ring.

Sorry, I'm not a Miz fan at all due to his lack of originality. I think he ranks in there with all the other mid carders, and not even at the top of that list. Santino brings more personality and mat skills 10 fold and look what happened to him! I just don't see the Miz as the future of the WWE.:taijiri:

how does miz have no originality? miz has a better personality than 98 percent of the wwe roster. He is a far better wrestler than santino and has more personality than santino. I would like you to tell me a match were santino was ten times the wrestler miz is

ok here is the deal.

MVP would have been a future World Champion but 2 things were working against him. His awful finisher, and his face turn. He was very charasmatic as a heel.

On to the Miz. He has unbelievable mic skills but he needs a new finisher. And it wouldn't kill him to be more aggressive in the ring. If he gets that solved he will be a future main eventer....on Smackdown. He just can't hang on RAW

i agree with you completely except for the part were you said he cant hang it on raw he gets one of the highest reactions out of anyone and he has an established feud with cena and he is in the beginnings of a feud with orton i dont see why they would bring him to smackdown

Miz simply has charisma and gets heat, hes become a good wrestler and he has earned a lot of respect from his debut to rise to him now, and one thing that he MIGHT have in his favour is his race as we all know wwe doesnt seem to have any black main eventers despite the obvious talents of mvp, shelton benjamin and elijh burke who they missed out on pushing

I loved MVP as a heel and feel that he needs to go back to the in order to be successful. As the Miz goes I think that he is brilliant as heel and he should stick with this schtick for a little longer before a main event push, I don't think the time is quite right, he needs a big feud (Ala Sheamus-Triple H) and he needs to win.

The only problem is I think his perfect opponents to put him over are Edge and Jericho and they are both heels aswell.

Basically he needs to keep getting some solid heat, then he needs to win one or two high profile feuds, then he needs a steady push to the main event (WM 2012?).

ATM he is the best midcard heel but has no main event cred, give him some of that and a main eventer he will be, and for a long time.

Just My Opinion

This is a very interesting point.

The Miz seems to have more promise than MVP did but that is actually saying a lot. Back when MVP was the United States Champion and feuding with Matt Hardy, I thought that he was destined for great things. They gave him a good gimmick to roll with and he took it all the way. He was a double champion and his feud with Matt Hardy was actually quite brilliant really. I really thought that is was only a matter of time until MVP was in the Smackdown main event but that has never come to fruition and I am still waiting for that to happen. Perhaps when someone bigger drops out of contention, there might be a place for MVP.

That being said, the Miz is in exactly the same boat. I have seen some people in this thread say it is different because The Miz has a lot of charisma but back then so did MVP. His mic work was incredible and he was actually a dominating superstar as he went on a really commendable winning streak. The Miz does seem to be in a better position though. They have built him from nothing and the fans all really seem to be on board with his progression and actually want it. I think that is the difference between the two scenarios. MVP was over as a heel but the fans never really accepted that he was ever going to make it after he started his losing streak. However, The Miz has managed to stay relevant as unites States Champion and his build has been improved greatly over the last year or so.

He’s not a true main eventer yet but he is getting there and that is why he is different from MVP. The WWE actually seem to have faith in him and seem to have confidence that in a couple of years, he will be a great main event superstar. The same could not be said of MVP.

Another thing Miz has going for him as well is the fact he is alot younger than MVP, Miz is not even 30 and MVP is nearing 40, no way is WWE going to push a guy into the ME when he is nearing 40 or they would have done it already. I can see The Miz is likely going to be able to help guide the new and younger guys through like many other main eventers and top wrestlers have in WWE, after he has reached the main event. I personally have that much faith in him.

I think the Miz is about 85% of the way there already. Basically, by now, in those mutli wrestler gimmick matches like the elimination chamber or MITB, if the Miz is in it, I don't think I could automatically rule him out as a potential winner, instead of being filler material like a Matt Hardy. Because the WWE surprised us all with Sheamus and Swagger, I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't do it with the Miz.

His problem right now is that he's on the wrong show. Getting into the main event on Raw is going to be near impossible over the next few months (even with any MITB contract). Triple H is coming back to feud with Sheamus, Cena will no doubt be around, Wade Barrett has his own shot, Edge and Randy Orton's feud will likely end at Summerslam. I'd say he's behind all those guys. He could well win Money In The Bank, but, right now I don't think he's got enough behind him to be considered a main eventer.

Give him a year, and quite possibly a switch of brands, and he'll be ready.

The Miz needs to win MITB and have a slow build to cashing it in. They missed the boat having Swagger cash his in so early. Imagine all the great things that can be done with that briefcase in the next 9-11 months with a performer of The Miz's magnitude carrying it. It would remind me of when Edge had it. That briefcase almost became like a tag partner to Edge and i think Miz could use it in a similar way.

I can see The Miz being kinda like Jack Swagger at this point, he wins money in the bank (( sadly because I want evan to win )) and he cashes it in sometime soon after that.... but this could also mean a face turn for him because if he cashes it in to soon, he will have to face Wade Barret and Nexus, but he will be champion which will as you say shoot him through to the top...... It would be good for him but to be honest I just dont like him anymore

Miz will be a main eventer sooner than later. I have been on his bandwagon for almost 2 years now, as I saw the charisma ooze out of him as part of the Miz/Morrison tag team. Once he broke out on his own, his ascension took on an elevator quality as opposed to stairs, as it seemed all he needed was the stage to show what he was about.

As far as winning Money in the Bank, I wanted him to win it, but the story would have worked 1000 times better had Daniel Bryan not been fired. Imagine if Bryan was still a heel and in the group. The group could talk about how Miz mistreated DB and it carried over to the rest of them. He was a jerk backstage, blah blah blah. Miz could turn that into trying to show them how hard it is to be a WWE superstar and play off his tough road of acceptance again, though this time, he's starting to gain sympathy. As much as Miz won't like other faces like Cena and whatnot, he will have a common enemy in Nexus. Barrett could have kept his title shot and won the title at Money in the Bank or Summerslam off of Cena, and just when you think Nexus is taking over WWE, Miz cashes in the MITB briefcase at just the right time to turn the tides back to the WWE. What would be created is an anti-hero in Miz, along with Orton. Fans seem to dig guys like that. A good guy with a bad edge to them. Miz could then start to use his cockiness for humor, much in the way the Rock did. I could see Miz becoming much like the Rock. He could insult anyone, be funny, have a great catchphrase, and everyone would eat it up.

However, that is all for naught. Miz will inevitably make it to the main event. I remember an interview a few months ago where Triple H singled out Sheamus and Miz as 2 guys who live wrestling 24/7. It is guys like that which make it to the top, and he will do so. He is always improving and never fails to entertain whenever he is on screen. The Nexus storyline may have to play out before he gets his shot, but it will come. Right now, he's one of the most over heels on the show. Some might say he's #4 behind Sheamus, Edge, and Jericho, but I think he's made it more interchangeable at this point.

And to counter someone's point from earlier, he WILL main event on Raw. He does not need to move to Smackdown to do so. He is made for Raw with his promo ability and charisma and will inevitably rise to the top. Miz will be one of the biggest stars of this generation I believe. I know that's bold, but his meteoric rise over the last year should tell you that he's capable of just about anything and that he may be the closest thing to The Rock that we've seen in years. Call me nuts, but I believe that. I think in time, many of you will believe that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back