The Miz's 'main event' future

he is the miz.... AND HES AWESOME no one has come from being a big joke to 99% of the WWE universe to what he is now he gets more boos then most of the bigger heels in the WWE ive swore by him for a very long time saying eventually he would be champ.. as long as he isnt pushed into a feud with someone for the US title if anything let him drop it in a triple threat match and not him being pinned so it doesnt look bad on him and let him start fighting some of the bigger stars in the WWE he is with out a doubt the BEST in the WWE on the mic atm and has been since he dumped morrison and started his whole "im awesome" hell even before when they were together he was always awsome on the mic and always loved when morrison shut up and gave the mic to miz..

let him fight some of the more established "big names" in the WWE and get some wins or atleast have some very good battles with them so he isnt made to look weak ive said it before ill say it again mark my words within the next year or two he will be the top heel in the wwe and will be wwe champ

remember a few years back him and jomo did the HBK comparison? well as much as morrison does have the HBK look, i think Miz has the right attitude for it. he is just like HBK when he split from the rockers, and i think he's got as bright a future as shawn did

I've been a fan of the Miz for a few months now. I def think he is going to make it to the ME. I honestly think he will win MiTB, but will hold onto it for awhile. I read somewhere that WWE wasn't to big on having 2 people walk around in a briefcase, so someone was going to cash it in at SummerSlam, but I'm hoping it isnt The Miz. I think they should have him carry the briefcase around for awhile. I would love to see The Miz vs HHH for the title.

As far as comparing The Miz to MVP, I think the main reason MVP hasn't gotten the title shot yet is his background. Yes, I know others have come from rocky/bad backgrounds, but MVP was actually jailed for kidnapping and armed robbery. Now, don't attack me and say hes come a long way from that, cause I'll be the first to agree with you. I'm saying thats the reason he hasn't, and may not, win the big one.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I think it's impossible for Miz not to break through to the top. He simply oozes charisma, he's just too cocky, too good on the mic, and good enough in the ring to make it. For example, his promos on NXT had such a good look and humor that i couldn't believe this guy isn't a main eventer. Him winning MITB is a start but to put him over the top, WWE needs to put him more over in the ring, as they did last week with R-Truth, to seem able to dominate in the ring.

As far as MVP, the reason he isn't in main event picture.... well thats a subject for another topic.

Do you guys think Miz will need to change his ring name at any point? To me, "The Miz", just doesnt sound like the name of a main event WWE superstar?

He definately has the mic skills and charisma to be a top guy, and his in-ring skills are improving all the time, but for me there is something missing....maybe he doesnt LOOK like a world champion? I cant put my finger on it, but when I see The Miz he doesnt scream "STAR"... maybe I am just totally wrong, I dont know

Do you guys think Miz will need to change his ring name at any point? To me, "The Miz", just doesnt sound like the name of a main event WWE superstar?

He definately has the mic skills and charisma to be a top guy, and his in-ring skills are improving all the time, but for me there is something missing....maybe he doesnt LOOK like a world champion? I cant put my finger on it, but when I see The Miz he doesnt scream "STAR"... maybe I am just totally wrong, I dont know

I think The Miz suits him well enough. It's just like The Rock as far as ring names go. Part of his name (yes I know Rocky wasn't his real name) shortened into a title.

I think the ring name is a good one. At the moment nearly all of the talent coming through are wrestling with real names (real in the sense that they look real - they tend to be changed). I'm not saying that "The Miz" is a great name but I think it fits his character quite well - also... "The Rock"... :p

I think he screams "star" much more than many others do. Once he's in the main event it'll feel right.

I think The Miz suits him well enough. It's just like The Rock as far as ring names go. Part of his name (yes I know Rocky wasn't his real name) shortened into a title.

So is The Miz - Mike Mizanin.

And I don't think the name is anything that is gonna drag anybody down in terms of getting to the main event. The name doesn't make a star. If Vince didn't like the name but wanted to put him in the main event scene. He would have changed it long ago.

What gets you to the main event scene is all the things that The Miz has. Charisma, a bit of looks and decent in-ring abilities that are improving all the time.

The Miz will definitely be in the main event eventually. Name or not. He just needs that bit of a push. He needs that main event player to feud with.

I'm still mad MVP never broke through on the main event scene because he was just on fire. The Miz is in the position now and he looks even better and his run is so much better. I really hope that he doesn't get stopped. The Miz rivals anyone on the mic and his in ring skills just keep improving. I think he'll actually crack the main event scene on Raw and not get drafted to SmackDown to test the waters. The crowd loathes him. He draws soo much heat and puts on good matches. I hope his main event future is on Raw and that he will get a shot sometime toward the end of the year.

The Miz's recent ruthlessness in the last two weeks gives me the impression he will win Money in the bank and I think it would be AWESOME if he did. I'd love to see him get the win over John Cena aswell but not for a while, i'd rather he waited a few months gloating with the briefcase!

The Miz is almost 100% sure to get into the main event level. He's AMAZING on the mic and is pretty good in the ring too. He is probably one of the best heels in the WWE right now. I can't wait untill he starts fueding with main eventers because Miz has all the potential. He's soooo entertaining and had some pretty good runs with the United States and Unified Tag Team belts. Mvp is different from the Miz becuase he has half the charisma that Miz had and he's not as good in the ring. I like the Miz more than MVP and I see big things for Miz's future

I think the only thing that's holding The Miz back from becoming a legit main eventer is a "Breakout Match". He has the mic skills, the charisma, "The Look". But, he needs to have a match that shoots him to the Main Event. There is no doubt that match will happen soon enough. It may be the MITB match, or it could come later down the road. After a breakout match, The Miz will become a true SuperStar

It is indeed impossible to tell which guys are going to break into the main event. No matter how good somebody is, they have to get the green light from the boys in the back, and some times that just doesn't happen until well into somebody's career. Sometimes it just doesn't happen at all. But there have been guys that got "stuck in the mid-card" that made Hall of Fame history.

I have never really seen a whole lot in MVP. I think his costumes are really lame, and he should join the rest of the men in tights. I haven't really taken any notice of his mic work, to be honest.

Miz is a guy that came out of nowhere to me. I liked him as a part of Miz/Morrison, but I was part of the gang who assumed he was the Marty Jannetty of the tag team. 2010 seems like year of Miz to me. His promos have been incredible, and I think he could move seamlessly into the main event. Here's what I would do for Miz's title future:

-Miz wins the Raw Money in the Bank match
-Miz starts a feud with Ted DiBiase or continues on with R-Truth to kill time.
-Miz and Randy Orton start the feud that we're all waiting for.
-Randy Orton "wins" the feud (or so he thinks)
-Orton moves on from Miz to beat Sheamus for the WWE title
-Miz cashes in Money in the Bank at a time when Orton is helpless and wins his first WWE Championship.

Using this pattern, Miz could be WWE Champion by the end of 2010. Everyone wants to see a Miz/Orton feud, and there's no better way to get Miz giant heel heat than having him snatch the title out from under the feet of our favorite Viper. Now, I know that many people would be upset that WWE used Orton to get Miz over, and Orton deserves a good title push. But the guy has years of action left in him, and he's not going anywhere soon. Miz is the same, but if they want to capitalize on the crowd's reaction to the "awesome one", the time is now.

Each week Miz is on RAW he just gets better wach week, i have him as on the top 3 to win MITB, but he'd have to lose the US Title at some stage but this would be a good opportunity to get to the main event, and then he needs a feud with whoever is WWE champ at the time.

So is The Miz - Mike Mizanin.

And I don't think the name is anything that is gonna drag anybody down in terms of getting to the main event. The name doesn't make a star. If Vince didn't like the name but wanted to put him in the main event scene. He would have changed it long ago.

What gets you to the main event scene is all the things that The Miz has. Charisma, a bit of looks and decent in-ring abilities that are improving all the time.

The Miz will definitely be in the main event eventually. Name or not. He just needs that bit of a push. He needs that main event player to feud with.

So well put ferb..

The name does not make the star. The star has to be enough of a break out personality to be able to sell tickets even if his name was dick headistfuck.

Miz will definitly be in the main event in the future but does need that ME player to sort of "bring him up". He needs a solid feud with someone like Orton as someone before me mentioned. I would personally love to see that feud. I can see a little of Orton in the miz the way he stalks and attacks in the ring. Miz also has some pretty fantastic mic work, granted he is not the best, but its dam good. Believable. That's what counts. He progresses and gets better every week and that's partly due to the fact he has good people working around him.

I would also love to see the Miz reach that point of superstardom because after everyone else is gone from the biz, the Miz will hopefully be leading the way along with all the other bright young and fresh talent WWE has gained.

The name the Miz, its just him. I don't think he could pull off a cody rhodes and add something to his name. He's just The Miz, and I don't see any reason why that would have to change.

I've always been a huge fan of The Miz as well, and I believe MITB is the perfect time for him to shine. He has been a tag champion, a US champion, cutting promo's with main event stars, plus his storyline with John Cena. (not the best storyline ever, but it was okay). I'm hoping that Miz will either win MITB Sunday, or hopefully he will win some sort of number one contender match in the future(or maybe even Royal Rumble..that would be awesome if done right). It would be amazing for him to be the first ever person to hold both the US title and the WWE title at the same time, but he would need to lose the US title soon after. If WWE keeps using Miz properly, he will be a main event star one day(hopefully always heel)

I see the Miz winning the MITB this Sunday and winning the title either that night at summerslam, if Triple H does return by Summmerslam then I'd love too see him beat Sheamus for the title then have Miz come cash MITB in on him, I would love to see a Miz/Hunter fued. Anyway back to the Miz he has all the tools to be a Main Eventer the look, Amazing mic skills, he is one of the 3 best on the mic in the company alongside Punk and Y2J IMO and he is decent in the ring, the only thing I would like to see him change before he becomes a MEer is his finisher, the skull crushing finale dosent seem like it could keep someone down for three seconds to me but im not sure what he could change it to maybe some kind of submission?

I think the Miz will make it to the big time,
The only resaon MVP didn't is because WWE,
Once again,
F'ckd up,
They ruined MVP like there currently ruining Swagger,
The whole,
Half Man
Half Machine
Half Amazing,
Was gold,
&A sure fire way to the main prize,
But,
for some idiotic resaon,
When he was drafted to RAW,
WWE Dropped it,
Making him a Face,
Which in the end,
Dropped him

Miz could not wipe MVPs ass on the mic, look at MVPs promos with Matt Hardy, Michael Hayes, Ric Flair and the VIP lounge segments, Miz has yet to come close to that quality of mic work IMO. The only good promo I remember from the Miz was the one that involved MVP, infact Miz cuts basically the same promo every week, he basically comes out yelling and getting cheap heat before yelling "IM AWESOME!", how creative...the fact that he is genuinly annoying in a "get the **** off of my TV" kind of way doesn't help, any idiot off the streets would get booed for that. IMO he's the male equivilant of Vickie on the mic, gets lots of heat no doubt about it, but I change the channel when they talk.

Now look at match quality, look at MVPs work with Matt Hardy, HHH, Orton, Batista and Benoit (Where he WASN'T carried), he looked like a million bucks (But yes, he has become pretty bad in the ring now for some reason). Miz on the other hand has NEVER been good, sure he's had some good matches with Morrison and a good match with Edge, but I don't see him ever being part of a match that any one who isn't a blind fanboy will remember for being epic.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter, Miz is being pushed a lot harder than MVP ever was, he's 1 win away from the WWE title, there's no way he's going to end up like Carlito/MVP/Kennedy/Morrison/Burke or anyone else that never lived up to their potential for one reason or an other. Having said that no one is completely safe, Kennedy looked like he was getting a WWE title push when he came back and was released the next day. As long as he doesn't insult a urine tester, piss off Orton or do anything else stupid like that he'll win the title when he cashes in without question.

I think the Miz will make it to the big time,
The only resaon MVP didn't is because WWE,
Once again,
F'ckd up,
They ruined MVP like there currently ruining Swagger,
The whole,
Half Man
Half Machine
Half Amazing,
Was gold,
&A sure fire way to the main prize,
But,
for some idiotic resaon,
When he was drafted to RAW,
WWE Dropped it,
Making him a Face,
Which in the end,
Dropped him

did you just write a poem?

Miz is a future main-eventer, no doubt. his ring skills are decent, he doesn't really have an imposing look. he's got great mic skills. he stands out as the heel that is constantly defying the odds and proving people wrong. and in this day and age, in the WWE, it isn't the best in the ring that ends up on top, it's the one with the most character, the one that will put butts in seats and will bring the cash. and miz will do that in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back